Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Highs & Lows 2015

+12
diamondsandpearls
allsewnonbyhand
Poppetlovestango
fiftynotout
Moova 12
cellar-door
Twirlie
Sid
mauveangel09
MissingLilia
vonee21
B4p
16 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Highs & Lows 2015 - Page 8 Empty Re: Highs & Lows 2015

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:03 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I do feel they do a very good job on BGT and they have had no bad publicity  or dished the dirt against each other.

No bad publicity shouldn't be enough alone. There are far, far better qualified people to do the job who know about dancing such as An.ton or Zoe Ball among others.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:13 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I'd like to see a male seasoned presenter or if I had my way Ant & Dec with our C.laude Laughing
Ant & Dec? Aaaaaaarrrrghhh!

Seasoned male presenters are thin on the ground, well good ones at any rate. Graham Norton probably flies too high for this show these days, if he likes it at all. Jonathan Ross would drive me mad. Alexander Armstrong would be excellent. Isn't he a fan? He might want to dance before he presents. Jeremy Vine might be ok at a push. I hear Bill Turnbull is going to be hosting a daytime quiz show. They could do worse than him though he might seem a bit stodgy.

However I suspect the Beeb will stick with Tess. She's a "nice" girl and probably gets on with everyone. You really have to rock the boat or be an old hag to get the boot. (Arlene and put a vest on you strumpet leap to mind). I was amazed, (but pleased) to see O.la on ITT tonight. I thought the BBC had completely banned her from their screens. It was good though to let the show round off her 10 years. (I miss those catsuits).
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:17 am

The presenters hold the show together but they are not the stars.  They are facilitators and if they do a good job we shouldn't really notice them.  Live TV is a very difficult medium and very few people can pull it off.  B.ruce was a legend, Ant & Dec are becoming old masters and Tess, Zoe & Claud have proved they can do it too.  I absolutely adore Claud but throwing marbles on the dance floor and smearing chocolate over her face?  Just wasn't funny for me.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Highs & Lows 2015 - Page 8 Empty Re: Highs and Lows 2015

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:17 pm

Twirlie wrote: You really have to rock the boat or be an old hag to get the boot. (Arlene and put a vest on you strumpet leap to mind). I was amazed, (but pleased) to see O.la on ITT tonight. I thought the BBC had completely banned her from their screens. It was good though to let the show round off her 10 years. (I miss those catsuits).

lol!
Quite agree it was really nice to have the 'goodbye' session with O la - I too thought she had gone by the back door after all the consternation - I would like to think that they are being decent and fair to her - but they possibly don't want any more revelations and she probably has a cast iron contract. Either way I am glad she has had a chance to make a dignified exit.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Highs & Lows 2015 - Page 8 Empty Re: Highs and Lows 2015

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:22 pm

fiftynotout wrote:The presenters hold the show together but they are not the stars.  They are facilitators and if they do a good job we shouldn't really notice them.  Live TV is a very difficult medium and very few people can pull it off.  B.ruce was a legend, Ant & Dec are becoming old masters and Tess, Zoe & Claud have proved they can do it too.  I absolutely adore Claud but throwing marbles on the dance floor and smearing chocolate over her face?  Just wasn't funny for me.

Yes I really agree - I too would not like to lose C laud but I have plainly found some of the things they have given her to do recently have been a bit bizarre - you rightly mention the marbles and the chocolate. She is such a witty woman she doesn't need this. I really want them to sort out T ess's attitude at the judges table, it has really got on my nerves - you must admit B rucie used to do this bit wonderfully.

You know I think K aren Hardy would make a good judge (she could replace D arcey in my book). I feel there needs to be another judge who is more ballroom and latin focussed - B runo and CRH are all about the artistry and storytelling and most of the time I don't know what D arcey is about! I think L en has almost been worn down and could do with someone who would back him up and look at the more technical aspects of the dances. Besides, I think KH would be quite funny and would more than hold her own in banter with CRH and B runo.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:53 am

Fifty excellent idea for Karen Hardy to be a judge
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:42 pm

Highs:

Kevin and Kellie's show dance
Part Two dances were all superb
The grace and dignity of Katie when she exited.
The group dance I loved.

Lows:

Georgia and Jay's show dance being lacklustre.
C.raig's bias against Katie and An.ton
Kellie and Kevin not winning as they were the best on the night.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:50 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Highs:

Kevin and Kellie's show dance
Part Two dances were all superb
The grace and dignity of Katie when she exited.
The group dance I loved.

Lows:

Georgia and Jay's show dance being lacklustre.
C.raig's bias against Katie and An.ton
Kellie and Kevin not winning as they were the best on the night.

A real bone of contention C.C. Katie and Housewives choice won the dance off on merit last Sunday, yet have had a solid week of moaning that Anita should have won. Some of the people some of the time etc..
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Highs & Lows 2015 - Page 8 Empty ReL Highs and Lows

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:09 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

A real bone of contention C.C. Katie and Housewives choice won the dance off on merit last Sunday, yet have had a solid week of moaning that Anita should have won. Some of the people some of the  time etc..

Only according to the Sun CC................. Wink

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:23 pm

Highs.

Quite a few. The level of effort and skill put in by non professional dancers.
The great team spirit and encouragement amongst them all.
The positive experience comment from the fifteen original entrants.
The polished show performance overall.
A nton reaching the final.

Lows.

Tess hanging onto Jays hand like a lovestruck teen.
Music.
C raig's silly insistence on marking down.
Judges leading the public by influence.
The show being over.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:40 pm

In addition to the lows above, somebody have a word with C laudia. IN I.T.T her dry, dead-pan humour was excellent. Her current slapstick childishness is demeaning her. Maybe she's a bit over-exposed (in more than one way it seems), but putting her with Tess somehow doesn't seem such a terrific idea any more (if it ever was). Time for a few format changes to the show, I'd suggest. Maybe it's just me, but the communal pro and contestant participation last night was more Blue Peter than Strictly.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Highs & Lows 2015 - Page 8 Empty Re: Highs and Lows 2105

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:01 pm

Highs
A nton and Katie being in the Final
Georgia and Giovanni's Showdance
Georgia and Giovanni's Charleston
The dance with all of the returning celebrities

Lows
C laudia and T ess Sad reasons well documented. Agree Mr T.
Poor planning in the overall choice of programme of dances last night
Underwhelming Showdances
CRH being so rude to Katie and A nton
Kevin possibly trying to cash in on the 'Star Wars' thing by choosing to do their Charleston again
The winner was not the best dancer on the night
SCD being over for another year!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8