Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Highs & Lows 2015

+12
diamondsandpearls
allsewnonbyhand
Poppetlovestango
fiftynotout
Moova 12
cellar-door
Twirlie
Sid
mauveangel09
MissingLilia
vonee21
B4p
16 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Highs & Lows 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: Highs & Lows 2015

Post  B4p Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:55 pm

fiftynotout wrote:
Lows
Kirsty's reaction to the judges' scores; she's reminding me more and more of Gabby Logan (and not in a good way)
Hi 50 cheers
That's who Kirsty reminds me of - Gabby Logan. Agree
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:09 pm

Highs

Jay's excellent jive

The singer who completely nailed the James Bond theme from Spectre

Pro/s.leb opening number

lows

Kirsty's costume and dance

VTs too long, especially when we have so many dances to get through

fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:14 pm

Highs

Pro opening --Should open every show.
Jay's jive.
Ainsley's attitude.
Some decent n umbers. ..
Good band.

Lows

C raig's silliness and petulence.
Tess fawning over male pros.
Unfair judging.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:54 pm

Highs
* Pros opening number
* Jay's jive
* Jeremy's quirky and strangely endearing Charleston
* Front runners ( with the exception of Peter and Katie) visibly improved with their techniques

Lows
* Totally infuriating VTs! Often made even more insufferable and condescending during theme weeks.
* A.nton's weakness in his Latin choreography rears its ugly head again. Nice he held his hands up in the show, but mate you need help from others and it is not too late to do so.
* L.en being very grumpy with cheeky Giovanni. I understand he was peeved when Gio dismissed Bru.no's critiques quite flippantly, perhaps during rehearsal Georgina did nail the rumba but in the actual night she was not fluid enough, but still his outburst was disproportionate. But I hope Gio learn his lesson and not behave like J.ames Jordan of times past and be more like Pasha, accepting critiques graciously even if he disagrees.
* Darcey fangirling Jay is uncomfortable to watch.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:46 pm

highs
The opening n.umber
Jay's jive
Dave Arch's fabulous music ( agree about Spectre singing- fab)
Pretty good song choices all in all
Kevin and Kellie's charleston

lows
CRH's awful marking so out of kilter
A.nton's  Achilles heel
VTs
Agree totally CD- have rewatched the rhumba and The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman's grumpiness was uncalled for
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:13 pm

Just catching up with the two shows

Highs
Fabulous costumes, make-up and lighting
Jay's Jive
Peter's Captain Birds Eye impression
Jeremy's Charleston and L en saying 'genius'
Natalie's penguin dress
Singers and band as always
Aliona's black bob wig
Helen's Foxtrot
Jamelia's improvement
Not too many props

Lows
Br uno's 10 on week 3
Too many lifts. Strut & pose continues
Some dances having very little dance content (Ainsley & Georgia)
Every week the Pros have answered the judges back. Shut up and put up. I agreed with L en, very little Rhumba in Georgia's.
Anita's wig made me think she was Fl avia's sister
Anita's VW Smooth. Didn't like it. Too over the top for me.
Cr aig's bi-polar scoring
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:23 am

Highs
Jay and Aliona's Jive
The opening number of the results show.
Jeremy's Charleston
Georgia in that dress, make-up and hairstyle.

Lows
Housewives choice's choreography
CRH's marking - just ridiculous.
VTs - as appalling as ever.

Didn't mind the 10. If they'd danced that jive, like that, in one of the later weeks they'd probably have got a 10 here and there. Just cos it's week three... although I can tell the judges have clamped down on excessive marking generally. But I digress.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:12 am

Just a observation. But if Brendan and others get slated for talking back to judges then why is it unfair when L.en has a go at hunky Giovanni for it?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:54 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Just a observation. But if Brendan and others get slated for talking back to judges then why is it unfair when L.en has a go at hunky Giovanni for it?

Totally bang out of order! I surmise Gio wasn't even proficient enough to fully understand B.runo's "sinewey" comments, so he shook his head as an indication of non understanding of his theatrical antics, and when vacuous Tess turned around calling Gio as the Bond (villain) seeking his reaction, he thought perhaps, "I have no feckin-o clue what's B.runo is talking about, just play cool and shakes head and pretend I disagree." And then for L.en to come down on him like a ton of bricks. You noticed he immediately apologised, and then at Clauditorium he apologised again. All in all I thought Georgia did a very matured thing to try to make the light of it in order to diffuse the awkward situation and contrary to expectation did not turn into a shrinking violet...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:26 pm

Always liked L en G oodman, but there was a distinct touch of the  "do you know who I am?" attitude about that little rant. He could quite easily have made his points in a reasonable way and voice without the temper flash. The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman is a ballroom expert but so is A nton who is reputedly weak in Latin, and the Rumba, if I'm being picky is a Latin dance. The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman wants to see basic steps and there obviously has to be some, but there's a much larger element of story-telling in Rumba than almost any other Latin dances. Together with the Tango (if it's interpretated correctly as a dance of passion and unrequited love and not about "sweaty gauchos" ) it needs atmosphere. Giovani probably concentrated a little too  much on that omitting basics, and L en could have made that point without the histionics towards a fellow pro. In this case, "Badly done Mr G oodman, badly done indeed!"
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:42 pm

I will need to watch it again then but Gio is a jack the lad without a doubt and L.en has probably has spotted it. He has a very high opinion of himself - watch the first show and the piece introducing the new dancers and he said:'All the women will want Giovanni'. Also I may be mistaken but am sure he had a nip at judges already. No angel certainly. I really like his choreography though and could be a good addition to the show if he screws his head on and gets his head out of the clouds.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:49 pm

Highs

- The first time I've appreciated a piece of Aliona's choreography properly.

- Helen and Aljaz's classic no-frills Foxtrot.

- Ainsley and Natalie's partnership - gives me the feels.

- The audience's reaction to Jeremy's Charleston.

- Movie Week as a whole, works really well.

Lows

- A.nton's sub-standard Latin letting his partner down again (see also Laila)

- The bottom 2, would rather it had been Carol and Kirsty.

- Tristan needs to up his game a bit choreography-wise.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:33 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Always liked L en G oodman, but there was a distinct touch of the  "do you know who I am?" attitude about that little rant. He could quite easily have made his points in a reasonable way and voice without the temper flash. The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman is a ballroom expert but so is A nton who is reputedly weak in Latin, and the Rumba, if I'm being picky is a Latin dance. The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman wants to see basic steps and there obviously has to be some, but there's a much larger element of story-telling in Rumba than almost any other Latin dances. Together with the Tango (if it's interpretated correctly as a dance of passion and unrequited love and not about "sweaty gauchos" ) it needs atmosphere. Giovani probably concentrated a little too  much on that omitting basics, and L en could have made that point without the histionics towards a fellow pro. In this case, "Badly done Mr G oodman, badly done indeed!"

L.en wasn't even right by saying there were only two basic rumba steps in the routine, which is patently WRONG. I could recognise typical rumba walk, hip action, push and pull, etc. No typical sliding doors to be sure, but I counted at least 5 recognisable rumba basic figures in that routine, though I may not be able to name the steps particularly. He's a right grumpy old mare!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:34 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:I will need to watch it again then but Gio is a jack the lad without a doubt and L.en has probably has spotted it. He has a very high opinion of himself - watch the first show and the piece introducing the new dancers and he said:'All the women will want Giovanni'. Also I may be mistaken but am sure he had a nip at judges already. No angel certainly. I really like his choreography though and could be a good addition to the show if he screws his head on and gets his head out of the clouds.

I hazard to guess that cmon I'm an Italian stud is just producers trying to recreate another V.incent. of course that's my take.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:42 pm

Not seen the The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman-gate however heard about it from twitters ti and fb and my mom! Think someone's walnuts got pickled because their head's grown so much from an inflated ego it's bounced off the glitter ball! No person can be bigger than the show L.en ,so either swallow humble pie and button it up a bit or move on time for another new judge.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:56 pm

cellar-door wrote:

I hazard to guess that cmon I'm an Italian stud is just producers trying to recreate another V.incent. of course that's my take.

It's a well-known fact that every Italian ice-cream salesman and pizza waiter is a "Vincent/Dean Martin " at heart. Most people, funnily enough, know tha difference and laugh along with it. L en should do likewise.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:06 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

It's a well-known fact that every Italian ice-cream salesman and pizza waiter is a "Vincent/Dean Martin " at heart. Most people, funnily enough, know tha difference and laugh along with it. L en should do likewise.

Couldn't agree more. And I do find this sterotyping of Italian Gelato/Pizza man on EVERY single Italian men to be quite lazy, patronising and even slightly racist. It's almost like saying all English men are foppy and stammerish like Hugh Grant or all French men cooks, wears beret, eats baguette and plays the accordion... I am not implying that you are stereotyping Giovanni, just so you know, my comments above is meant generally (but in particularly the producers of SCD)...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:50 pm

You mean not every English man is seen as Hugh Grant affraid oops well they must be Mr Darcy then cheers
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:05 pm

cellar-door wrote:

Couldn't agree more. And I do find this sterotyping of Italian Gelato/Pizza man on EVERY single Italian men to be quite lazy, patronising and even slightly racist. It's almost like saying all English men are foppy and stammerish like Hugh Grant or all French men cooks, wears beret, eats baguette and plays the accordion... I am not implying that you are stereotyping Giovanni, just so you know, my comments above is meant generally (but in particularly the producers of SCD)...

I was just joking Jane Austen Style C.D. " It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single young man in possesion of a good fortune must be in want of a wife" Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:29 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

I was just joking Jane Austen Style C.D. " It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single young man in  possesion of a good fortune must be in want of a wife" Wink

I knew you were joking. And I like your Austen-esque rebuke to L.en's outburst!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Highs & Lows 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: Highs and Lows 2015

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:45 pm

L en always has to have his little ritualistic 'go' at the new pros, whether it be telling them off for lifts that he has let others get away with.......warning that here is not enough content blah blah blah............he is so inconsistent grrrr!!!
Anyway I digress.....

Highs
The whole production - excellent
The music - great great choices throughout - (for once)
The Band
The opening n umber on Saturday night
Helen's Foxtrot
Some great dancing from everyone!!!

Lows
Not many this week.....
VTs - as per usual!!!
Inconsistent judging.........as per usual!!
So far most couples seem to be getting dances that suit them each week - this is good in one way as it builds confidence but some
have not done ballroom since week 1 - come on guys!!!! Teach the celebs some basics and get on with it.............

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Highs & Lows 2015 - Page 3 Empty Highs and Lows 2015

Post  Poppetlovestango Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:08 pm

Great show tonight

Highs

A.nton & Katie being top of the leader board
Natalie, Aliona and Kristina's dresses
Carol & Pasha

Wales being knockout of the Rugby world cup

Lows

Tess's dress
The screaming audience,even the pros & celebs are joining in.
Someone will have to go home
Poppetlovestango
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:14 pm

Highs

Wales out of the cup

Lows

Not watched SCD yet
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:07 pm

Enjoyed tonight's show. Not so intense as last weeks.

Highs
The singer who covered the Elvis song
Karen's dress
Cr aigs description of Jeremy ?electrocuted spider
An ton's top of the leaderboard joy
Peter & Janette's opening arm movements in synch to the musical accents
Georgia & Giovanni's return to grace (although I hope I don't hear that song for at least another 3 years)
Jamelia improving
Ainsley's 'frame' equipment
Anita's dancing
Daniel looking more relaxed
T ess's elegant dress

Lows
T ess constantly chipping in when the judges are trying to feedback.
Kirsty's Paso
Kellie's continual loud gobbiness in the Clauditorium (ear plugs please)
Judges not being as encouraging or constructive as they might be with the beginners
Gleb. The girls have better 6 packs, so put your clothes back on.
Jay struggling to lead that manic quickstep
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:22 pm

Sorry B4p, but I thought Te ss looked like she'd been in an argument with a threshing machine.Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next