Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Highs & Lows 2015

+12
diamondsandpearls
allsewnonbyhand
Poppetlovestango
fiftynotout
Moova 12
cellar-door
Twirlie
Sid
mauveangel09
MissingLilia
vonee21
B4p
16 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Highs & Lows 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: Highs & Lows 2015

Post  B4p Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:10 am

TANGOLERO wrote:Sorry B4p, but I thought Te ss looked like she'd been in an argument with a threshing machine.Wink  
I see your point Tango Razz
When the man in the wardrobe dept said he was making a sleeve that would pull off, I didn't think he meant Tess! I've got bored with both presenters constantly wearing strapless creations. I thought the black lace looked a bit more mysterious and interesting than some of her recent shiny duvet jobs.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Highs & Lows 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: Highs and Lows 2015

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:16 am

I liked C laudias dress tonight out of the two of them. I thought T ess's dress was a bit of a mish mash but Mr Mauve liked it because of the 'split' in the skirt Sleep - that's meant to be a 'yawn'. LOL!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:29 am

^ Fair enough. Probably my T ess bias a bit at work. Very Happy

Not a massiv lot of highs for me tonight in truth. Obviously Katie and A nton and one or two more, but overall I'm getting so tired of unsuitable music choices and the persistent focus on aggression in tango and paso. It's blatantly wrong and I'm amazed that pros like L en Goodman keep on stressing it. A tango dancer is trying to seduce a woman and a matador is doing his best to appear arrogant and unconcerned as he tries not to get killed by a bull. If the woman is the bull, then she can show aggression, but I've never actually seen an aggressive cape when she adopts the other role.

Lows:

The first real Paso music turns up and it goes to Carol who is probably a lovely lady but an auntie Agnes on holiday on the dance floor. Pasha tried hard to disguise it with his overdone matador role, but I fear these two are in danger of the red light.
Jay's bad night at the Palais. He was trying way too hard and was another one with unsuitable music for a ballroom classic dance.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:17 am

Did Tess lose or win? Smile Wonder what score the judges gave the Threshing machine.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:50 am

TANGOLERO wrote:The first real Paso music turns up and it goes to Carol who is probably a lovely lady but an auntie Agnes on holiday on the dance floor.
lol!
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:05 am

Wondering how Auntie Edith Or Aunt Agatha would have got on with that Paso music!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:06 am

highs

Georgia & Kellie's dances in particular
Everyone has upped their game
Carol much better than I thought she would be

lows

Four people tie for 2nd place, the judges must know this seriously skews the result when adding viewers votes so why do they do it
Tess's dress, inappropriate flash of undies
Jeremy now standing out as the "fun" act. For his sake I hope he goes home before they start to humiliate him
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:10 am

I do feel giving a 0.5 mark would help with so many tied couples. A thought crosses my mind that maybe the judges keep a running score and deliberately give the same marks to protect their favourite?
As for every year we have a "fun" couple are we in danger if it goes ott it's actually bordering on bullying on prime tv?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:19 am

saxonsiren wrote:I do feel giving a 0.5 mark would help with so many tied couples. A thought crosses my mind that maybe the judges keep a running score and deliberately  give the same marks to protect their favourite?
As for every year we have a "fun" couple are we in danger if it goes ott it's actually bordering on bullying on prime tv?

I think Jeremy and Kirsty stand out now as the two s.lebs who have reached their danceability limit and should both go in the next two weeks. We have to hope the gbp don't decide to mess things up by voting for them a la John Sergeant.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:58 pm

I agree with you about Kirsty and Jeremy think Carol may pop into that group too. Ainsley I feel can achieve more with the patient Natalie. Not sure if G.leb I'm great will be kept in by teens with crushes and Grandma's.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:44 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I agree with you about Kirsty and Jeremy think Carol may pop into that group too. Ainsley I feel can achieve  more with the patient Natalie. Not sure if G.leb I'm great will be kept in by teens with crushes and Grandma's.

Well I'm neither a teen nor a grandma but I wouldn't kick him out of bed Shocked
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:08 pm

Oops no harm meant fifty Embarassed just not my cup of tea!If in my bed ill happily kick him over to your's fifty! Now as for Alijaz mmm yes please and ill be a Grandma mid November for first time bounce bounce
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:48 pm

Highs

Katie
Kellie
Georgia

Lows

Daniel
Peter
Jamelia

Helen should be a "high", but I just can't take to her. Some very ugly movements last night.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:51 pm

saxonsiren wrote:I do feel giving a 0.5 mark would help with so many tied couples. A thought crosses my mind that maybe the judges keep a running score and deliberately  give the same marks to protect their favourite?

I think I have suggested it before but I'd give judges two sets of marks - one for technical merit/content and the other for artistic merit.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:03 pm

Highs

- A.nton and Katie's wonderfully swirly Viennese Waltz. No gimmicks, no faffing, just pure dance....like we used to see.

- C.laudia getting into the 80s spirit, she looked like Carla from Cheers!

Lows

- Music, music, music! With so many good dancers this year, an unsuitable song or theme could cost someone their place later towards the business end of the competition. Let pros pick their own track, something that inspires them choreographically and that suits their partner. The way things are at the moment, with producers very much in control, it leaves things too open to manipulation.

- Bit too much shrieking and squealing in the Tower and when couples are announced safe. Gets worse every year! (or I get older and grumpier).
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:17 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Sorry B4p, but I thought Te ss looked like she'd been in an argument with a threshing machine.Wink  

I didn't like Tess's dress either - looked like moths had been at it and then she stuck her head up the wrong hole!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:53 pm

Sid wrote:I didn't like Tess's dress either - looked like moths had been at it and then she stuck her head up the wrong hole!
Just the effect wardrobe was after! Razz
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Highs & Lows 2015 - Page 4 Empty Re: Highs and Lows 2015

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:09 pm

Highs
Some great costumes
K atie and A nton - like a breath of fresh air
Georgia and Giovanni - had taken on board the comments of last week and really produced a stylish and super fast QS
Nathalie and Ainsley when they realized they were not in the DO!
Some proper paso music

Lows
Gleb needs to wind it in a bit
For some reason I am sad to see D aniel exit, even though he wasn't going to get much further
Peter - near the end again!   And he just doesn't seem to get critiqued properly by the judges......
The whole costumes and theme of Helen and Alijaz's salsa
Big low -  T ess's comments and behaviour when she is at the judges table.........totally inappropriate interventions that are getting to be too much..........it is the job of the presenter to be supportive but a bit neutral, and know when to say things and when to shut up!!   She really needs to have a word with Sir B rucie, who despite his shortcomings in other areas really knew how to handle this part of the show professionally and when couples had been mauled, confined himself to the sublime   ' You are my favourites'!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:51 am

Not any real wows for me this week- post movie theme hangover

highs
Proper paso music
Natalie and Aliona 's dresses
G+G's quickstep

lows
Doctor beat affraid
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:20 am

Mmmm... I'm surprised so many of you are old enough to know what a threshing mashine is!  Surprised  Razz

Sid wrote:Highs

- A.nton and Katie's wonderfully swirly Viennese Waltz. No gimmicks, no faffing, just pure dance....like we used to see.

I quite agree Sid. Their dance was simply wonderful and all the better for having no props or fake "story".
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:38 am

Twirlie wrote:

Mmmm... I'm surprised so many of you are old enough to know what a threshing mashine is!  Surprised  Razz

I can almost remember when they did it with sticks. Twisted Evil
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:30 am

TANGOLERO wrote:

I can almost remember when they did it with sticks. Twisted Evil

When I wor a lad....!
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:57 am

Highs
Jay
Aliona's choreography
Darcy's expression when Silver tongued Italian Stallion was going on about the bull's bollocks.
"She" for Jeremy's Waltz despite it being changed to 3/4 time.

Lows
Jamelia
Carol
Peter

And lastly, and worst of all the vicious drubbing the judges gave Katie and A.nton. There was hardly anything positive said, and they didn't deserve it. Shame on all four of them. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:03 pm

Twirlie wrote:Highs
Jay
:

Was that Jay's dancing or his quiff?

He could be Elvis next week for Halloween.
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:21 pm

Moova 12 wrote:

Was that Jay's dancing or his quiff?
lol!
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down