Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCD 2018 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread

+8
Twirlie
mauveangel09
CaledonianCraig
jingle
allsewnonbyhand
saxonsiren
TANGOLERO
B4p
12 posters

Page 16 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

SCD 2018 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: SCD 2018 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread

Post  Twirlie Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:46 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Here's a really positive thought: If you enter a ballroom and latin dance contest and should lose somewhere along the way' what better way than to turn in polished performance in front a of a live T.V audience of millions, and what better place to do it than on the honoured surface of Blackpool Tower Ballroom to a standing ovation ? That's how Kate Silverton bowed out tonight. If it were me I'd have a memory for life, and that's what Kate must take away.  She's been a real joy, starting from the bottom as a novice and working up to be a fine dancer. Well done Kate.

Amen!
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

SCD 2018 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: SCD 2018 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:47 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Really sad to see Kate go but telieved and pleased for Graeme. Both are the spirit of Strictly for me. Absolute novices who come onto the show to learn to dance, fall in love with dancing and toil hard to learn. If only every celeb was like that.

I agree C.C whole heartedly, but isn't that exactly what the likes of Ashley, indeed any of the pro dancers, had to do once upon a time? Just saying.... Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

SCD 2018 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: SCD 2018 Tango's 'A little bit of honesty' thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:00 pm

So sorry to see Kate go - in lots of ways she just embodies what SCD is all about (or should be about) - she embraced the experience (and luckily she was popular with voters and was around long enough to enjoy that experience to the full) she was straightforward and non-controversial and had a great 'J'!!!

I'm actually going to stick my neck out and say that I thought she was better than Graeme in what was a close DO as she did a much more technical dance in the Foxtrot and it was danced faultlessly - ( it just shows that it is difficult to judge the '10' dances against the new 'Couples Choice') Graeme did a good 'amateur' stage routine but did well in a different sort of way to me. I think that Kate cracked the ballroom but had she stayed in and had a latin dance next week she would have bombed - so perhaps better to go out on a high and I think she had probably reached her ceiling. There is no doubt that Graeme is the better all rounder of the two - but tonight showed to me that the judges do consider more than what they see in the DO!!!

I think that Graeme remains at risk in the coming week - Lauren has showed that she definitely has the GBP support to go further, but definitely doesn't need another dodgy week. Charles so far for me has had the most interesting and extraordinary 'J' but now needs to show GBP that he can master the ballroom a bit better.

BTW - Diamonds - the dream that you have about Lauren winning is with Jingle I think - not moi !!! lol!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:15 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Here's a really positive thought: If you enter a ballroom and latin dance contest and should lose somewhere along the way' what better way than to turn in polished performance in front a of a live T.V audience of millions, and what better place to do it than on the honoured surface of Blackpool Tower Ballroom to a standing ovation ? That's how Kate Silverton bowed out tonight. If it were me I'd have a memory for life, and that's what Kate must take away.  She's been a real joy, starting from the bottom as a novice and working up to be a fine dancer. Well done Kate.

On the night, justice was done in a fair way and the judges did what they had to do. It was sadly, her time.

I think that is totally how Kate took it and both she and Aljaz bowed out with warmth and grace. It was a stunning exit. Exemplary.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:20 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

I agree C.C whole heartedly, but isn't that exactly what the likes of Ashley, indeed any of the pro dancers, had to do once upon a time? Just saying.... Wink

They learned profusely BEFORE Strictly....mammoth difference. They have even made a profession out of it. Not knocking them for that but personally, in my opinion, Strictly is not where I want to see them. I have said it time and again I want to see celebs learn from scratch on the show.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:07 am

Been away for another weekend, but just managed to see most of the show. It was fabulous. A special show for a special venue.

Stacey - I missed half of this but it looked energetic. Thought Kevin was going to throw up on the results show waiting to see if they’d got through.

Lauren - the only dance I didn’t enjoy. For some reason I can’t see AJ as a A.Tango leader. It’s like expecting the magnetism of Yul Bryner, and being faced with Joe Pasquale. Unfortunately, I don’t feel any atmosphere when AJ dances, most weeks he seems overly concerned with speed and lifts, regardless of the dance.  A hard dance for Lauren, but I found it painfully uncomfortable to watch. The music was appalling.

Graeme - Cheesefest. Mary Poppins gets shipped to San Francisco. I quite liked it.

Faye - I loved the drama. She certainly gave him what for.

Kate - I wondered if her ribs were still hurting, not helped by those lifts. A graceful dance. She’s come a long way.

Charles - The samba suited him. I enjoyed it. His best dance yet for me. Hardly noticed Karen dancing, the boys were hogging the spotlight.

Joe - So glad he did a good quickstep. Holding my breath in case he messed up. No doubt the ambulance was outside waiting in case his Nanna needed resuss.

Ashley - I enjoyed it, although it did seem a bit of a slow start setting the scene. Good to see Pasha so happy.

Results Show
I wondered if Stacey might be vs Faye in the dance off. They both looked sick with worry.
I think when Lauren got through, the tension level went up (in our house anyway). Must admit, I thought she’d be in the dance-off and out, but she lives to dance another day. I don’t mind her, but for me, Lauren’s the weakest dancer now (just behind Graeme) since Charles has managed to up his game.

A graceful exit by Kate. Such an upbeat, positive lady. I think Alijaz looked genuinely upset for her. I thought she might scrape another week.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:20 am

I have the uneasy feeling that Graeme thinks he is better than he is whereas Kate was pleased to have got so far and exited with charm and good grace. Danny and Graeme could learn a thing or two from her. In reality, perm any one from Kate, Graeme or Lauren. They all did well to get to Blackpool and should all leave thereafter, the order in which this happens is irrelevant.

As the field narrows, I am keen to see how soon Ashley ends up in the DO as I don’t expect she is receiving a large percentage of the public vote. Even thought she might be there last night (with a triple tie on the leaderboard, and thus last place receiving 3 points instead of 1, it skews the result in favour of those lower down).
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:08 am

fiftynotout wrote:
As the field narrows, I am keen to see how soon Ashley ends up in the DO as I don’t expect she is receiving a large percentage of the public vote.  Even thought she might be there last night (with a triple tie on the leaderboard, and thus last place receiving 3 points instead of 1, it skews the result in favour of those lower down).
If she does find herself in the DO then she'll obviously be the one to get through. Whoever else is there with her, including Faye, is out. It will settle very simply, who is in the final.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:27 am

From anecdotal evidence I think a lot of people really like Ashley - at least now. Some always like her cheery, goofy warmth, others, like myself, have been slowly converted over the weeks. I have given votes to ringers in the past (Danny Mac for example) because I have been so blown away by their dancing that I want to show my appreciation and also keep them in to be blown away another day. For this reason I think Ashley is getting enough votes. Faye too - she has plenty of admirers.

Personally, of the two ringers I find Faye less easy to watch. Ashley gives a performance which says she is having a ball and leaves all the anxiety of geting it wrong or letting Pasha down back in the training room. Faye manages to bring a fair bit of the latter with her each week - you could particularly see it in the jive which is Gio's favourite; she was desperate to come up to his expectations. And that brings a more detached, less comfortable watch. Also, Ashley generally gets better stying and I find her costumes much less jarring on the eye, which also leads to a more comfortable watch. As even C raig says (finally coming round to my way of thinking - what kept you C raig?) the dance is best when everything - the music, the choreography, the clothes and styling all come together. Poor Faye has had some horrible hair and some horrible dresses (for the Tango and Paso specifically) whereas Ashley only had the terrible Troll thing to contend with and managed to end up looking cute at least.

And in the end, if Ashley is in the dance off, she will be saved by the judges whoever she is against, because she is quite simply the best dancer.

But I doubt she will win the glitterball.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:02 am

diamondsandpearls wrote:

And in the end, if Ashley is in the dance off, she will be saved by the judges whoever she is against, because she is quite simply the best dancer.

But I doubt she will win the glitterball.

(....the quote-y things don't seem to be working)   Yes I'd agree with your analysis Diamonds. I'm hoping against hope for an Ashley /Faye DO before the final, to free up a space for anybody else (don't mind who).   

In terms of the eventual winner, I'm convinced that Joe won this the moment he entered. Just looking at the n..umbers of his subscribers, and the ripple effect of his lobbying across other vlogging sites. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't win.  Anyhow, time will tell. 
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:39 am

jingle wrote:

In terms of the eventual winner, I'm convinced that Joe won this the moment he entered. Just looking at the n..umbers of his subscribers, and the ripple effect of his lobbying across other vlogging sites. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't win.  Anyhow, time will tell. 

A sure-fire indication that it's all just a personality/soap adoration thing. ( N.S.S.) We know the pure and best dancers don't always win (too many instances and numerous reasons to quote),but it would be nice if nothing was decided till final night. Ah well, I can always hope I'll wake up at eighteen years old on Christmas morning knowing what I know now. Ha ..if only... lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:49 pm

Appropo of nothing (so REALLY off-topic...) I have just opened a twitter account, purely so I can respond to our lovely Sid's Tweets, which I have been stalking.

Just so you know, he also pointed out about Karen and her wig suiting her so much more, and he agrees that Joe actually did a very good dance this week, so at least if he wins it (oh - did I say 'if'? Silly me, just a typo...) it will be deserved.

On some of his followers' tweets there is a lot about the back of Kate's dress making her look like she has back fat rolls and how distracting it was.

It's so good to know the rest of the world are focussed on the important things too....
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

SCD 2018 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: SCD 2018 Tangos Little bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:54 pm

jingle wrote:

[/quote]

Yes I have to admit that it some respects it feels like the Jay McGuinness year all over again...………………………………...

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:19 pm

And so. Effectively the status quo has been maintained, the equalibrium undisturbed until the morrow (ah, okay, I know) ..

C raig seems to be intent on making sure it all stays that way with his rather obvious delight in the leader-board order. I'm losing the will to live at some of  his unbelievably crass marking; Lauren 5, Joe 7 (although I thought the 10's rather silly) Charles 6 and Graeme 6). I'm not quarreling with positions, it's hard to do that as it's all rather obvious and pretty much spot on, but the quality of dance at this stage deserves a little more credit. The dance off is surely a foregone conclusion for the next two weeks.

The Jitterbugathon: Was it/is it, really possible to see, judge and mark seven couples in the right order in 90 seconds? If so, I wouldn't make the judging panel on that basis. I've been in  rock and roll comps back in the mists of time, were the less good couples were asked to leave the floor in order, (Oh no I wasn't, I actually won a few Twisted Evil ) but that was one at a time. I don't like or agree this having any effect on the scores as it all went almost copybook leader-board and proved nothing at all.

I'll comment later on the couples, and I thoroughly enjoyed them all, but the Paso and Tango are actually, (I.M.O) losing all their origins dues to silly and unsuitable music choices. Tango is a dramatic dance of two people expressing passionate desire (unfulfilled in the strict rules of tango) and not just a series of poses where the man has an expression akin to wondering what time the bar closes and looks anywhere but at the woman he supposedly desires to conquer. And all this to Eleanor Rigby as a music choice? Wow.

I loved Kevins brilliant choreography to Malaguena, but again the Isle of Man T.T. speed music hardly lends itself to the swirling cape passes that the dance is about. The slower version of the same music would have leant/lent (as the grammatical modern case may be) itself better. However, it was still Dance of the night, for me and Stacy lived it brilliantly. Had I been in the studio I would have stood and applauded that. Good dance is good dance, and this surely was that.

Interesting that before the walloperthon, Ashley was three points down on Stacey and Faye. A bit of an adjuster situation for the judges without needing much effort? Hot in the city and getting hotter.... Wink

Later...
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:28 am

Oh lordy, What a night!

My side's are still aching from the lindyhopathon shambles- from watching them all scrabble about frantically with that piece of paper, Shirley reading the scores like someone's nanna ordering a take away, and Claud's rapid fire ad libs, to watching the frankly incredible spectacle of Silver tongued Italian Stallion -yes Silver tongued Italian Stallion! - suddenly coming down to planet earth all sensible and clued up and saving the day. Phew!

Rewatched Graeme' s AS cos phone call came as it began. It really wasn't as bad as the judges said, the small slip aside. Undermanned.

Lauren also GROSSLY undermarked. That armography was incredible and no comment was made of the choreography and how it adapted - or not. She got every last one of my votes.

Enjoyed Ashley's samba a lot more than the judges. Easily the best samba this series. LOVED her gold dress and her ostrich tail feathers to absolute pieces
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

SCD 2018 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: SCD 2018 Tango's 'A little bit of honesty' thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:23 am

Enjoyed the show tonight in a 'post-Blackpool' way. Things went fairly predictably - Lauren ,Graeme and Charles at risk I think - just need to see what GBP think. My two favourite dances were Faye and Gio's waltz and Stacey and Kevin's paso - I rarely totally enjoy anything by Kevin but I take my hat off to him tonight - I think he loves the paso and this year's offering was well up to standard.

Graeme and Oti - 7
I think they threw everything at this as predicted and the out of hold sequences were fine but to me much of the in-hold stuff was not. Shame about the stumble as they had clearly worked hard on this but somehow a lot of the positioning seemed wrong.

Pasha and Ashley - 9
It was a great routine to great music but somehow it wasn't a samba...…...I kind of agreed with the judges on this one, the fast tempo and the steps seemed more like a salsa, it didn't quite have the samba feel. Tbh I always think of Ramps and Karen when I hear this track...……..

Faye and Gio - 9
The dress hadn't really improved since it was shown on ITT on Thursday night! Really enjoyed this routine though - I think Faye has done some beautiful ballroom in the competition and this is where her strength lies - she really has excellent ballroom posture and to me this was very elegant and had a lot of technique. Gio looked lovely in his tails!

Joe and Dianne - 8 (for the intricacy of using the props - not the dancing!)
I suppose this was a marmite routine - even for the judges! a score range between 7 and 10 is unheard of! There is no way this was a '10' performance for me! I commend him totally for being able to work with all those props and do it so well, it was very clever but for me the actual dance was quite basic and I would have liked to have seen a much more sophisticated club routine to this track - His poor little legs were also accentuated with the costume.

Charles and Karen - 7
Didn't really do it for me and could put him at risk I think. I agreed with the judges that there wasn't really any light and shade - it was all attack and not too much technique - and I agreed with whoever said it was more of a paso stance than Tango - I felt the frame was all wrong, there was no closeness and although bits of it were good it just didn't come together for me. The best thing was Karen's lovely dress.

Lauren and AJ - 6
Just not her dance this week - she is not a latin girl. Some nice choreography and lifts but it did not flow at all and she seemed to have no rhythm. I found it very tentative - couldn't believe I was watching the same girl who has done some beautiful routines. I do like Lauren but you have to be an all rounder at this stage of the contest.

Stacey and Kev - 9.5
Dance of the night for me to great (and appropriate) music - although I have to admit parts of it seemed a bit strange as the tempo was quite fast and then they went all 'rocky' in the middle, but I'll go with that, I loved the flamenco bits and the shaping - to me this was the type of paso that I like and I really didn't think that Stacey had it in her. All hail!

Lindy Hop a Thon - what a shambles from the judges!!!! Although this was live television and it was funny. As to the dancing, I just couldn't focus on anyone really. I think they had all worked really hard to create their routines - I didn't particularly notice that Ashley and Pasha were better than the rest - I noticed Faye and Gio and also Karen and Charles - also thought regrettably that Lauren and AJ were quite weak...……...but what is it all for? Except to further manipulate the leaderboard!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:01 am

Week 10
Another show with great dancing from some and some not so great from those who are obviously at the end of the road. Poor Lauren.

Graeme and Oti – Quickstep
Such a shame that it wasn’t perfect because it might have been very good otherwise. It really showed tonight (apart from the mistakes) just how much he has improved since the beginning of the show.  A true j/ourney. 6

Ashley and Pasha – Samba
Those judges were really digging deep to try to find something wrong with her. I suspect they just don’t want to give her 40 every week. I thought she was pretty marvellous myself. C.raig’s 8 was ridiculous. 9.

Faye and Giovanni – Waltz
Just lovely, beautiful, properly romantic and very very smooth. An absolute joy to watch. Was it her best dance so far? 10

Joe and Diane – Couple’s Choice – Street Dance
How many of you hated that! I thought they had a ball (see what I did there) and I did too. I loved it. Working with props is often a pain in the neck in Strictly but the way they worked with the balls I thought was a skill that you don’t usually associate with Strictly props. I thought it was cheerful and inventive. The 7 was under marking, the 10s were over marking. 9.

Charles and Karen – Tango
A bit uninspiring. Not for me. Perhaps it’s because I don’t fancy him like the four judges do. 7

Lauren and AJ – Salsa
Sadly, a bit clunky and not at all Samba like. The table was a real mistake. I think they have come to the end of their story. 6

Stacey and Kevin – Paso Doble
I watched this with my mouth hanging open! Mrs Twirlie said, “ I want to watch that again. Now!”. So we did. This was undoubtedly the dance of the night for me. 10

Lindyhop-athon.
I couldn’t possibly have marked this as it was so difficult to see what they were all doing, however the judges marked them as follows. No surprises really. Ashley and Faye on top and Lauren, Graeme at the bottom.

Ashely    7
Faye        6
Joe          5
Stacey     4
Charles   3
Graeme   2
Lauren    1

I still think all the *-athon dances they’ve held in Strictly have been a waste of time. They might be fine when you’re sitting in the studio and can view them all clearly, but it’s impossible with television to give them all adequate coverage. It’s impossible to agree or disagree with the judges because you haven’t been able to see them all and form a proper opinion.

Otherwise, there was some great dancing tonight. Stacey and Faye shone, Ashley was pretty good and Joe not too bad. Charles was insipid. Graeme couldn’t hold it together and Lauren has reached her dance ceiling. She reached it a couple of weeks ago I reckon. She must have quite a following to keep her out of the Dance Off the last two weeks as well. I don’t think it’ll be good enough this week.

Now I'll go and read everyone else's opinions.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:49 am

I wrote my post on my phone and it seems only to have posted half of my comments. I even went back and edited the post to write them in again but when I look again the second half is still missed off. Phones- bah.

All you need to know is liked Faye but not her dress; loved Karen's dress and hair but not Charles, glowering; thought Joe's dancing nowhere near the level he did last week and the tens were embarassing; didn't like Stacey's Paso even though I know I should have - It really jarred for some reason .

I rewatched the shambles-athon a few times and MY order is: Graeme last, then Charles or Stacey (She hadnt recovered from paso); then lauren slap bang in the middle; then Joe third, Ashley second and Faye first. Faye was the lindy-est of them all.

In my world, Ashley and Stacey to be in the dance off, with Stacey to go. The final would be Graeme Lauren Joe and Faye. Graeme or Lauren to win because they have had the greatest j word.

But it will prob be Lauren going and Joe or Stacey winning.

Boooooo
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:44 am

Not very much to add to what I said last night or any useful addition to what's already been remarked on.

I made the unflattering note on my pad: "Red frock?" ( not very Bond Street speak I know) during Faye's waltz because it caused a slight jar in an otherwise lovely number. Although I might personally attempt a waltz in wellies, flat cap and cords gaily gathered in at the knees with string, the ballroom waltz deserves tuxedo and pastel shades at worst, not a tango seducing gown in brothel scarlet. A comment not causing any real ripples but.....?

So....It will take a major misdemeanour to have anybody but Lauren, Graeme or Charles in the dance off (although all have been really good in getting this far) and I'm still a bit gobsmacked that Joe's run around the Blue Peter props room could rate 10's. It was a sort of Team Cola effort without the dance bit for me, could have been danced to Zippedee-do-dah and was more in keeping with the cockupathon that followed. Still, Joe probably has the edge on the other three below him and has maybe done enough without that.

If entertainment is the name of the game, Kevin's Paso provided it. Yes, the dance code was noticeably not Strictly bullfight speed, but it had all the elegant arrogance and bravado of Flamenco meets El Cordobes meets Sara Barass at an Andalusian jaleo night. The guitar version raced dazzlingly through a too short performance that was right up my street, villa, alley avenue or camino. Loved it. Kevin is a master of body shaping and proved it again here.

TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:29 pm

Interesting, interesting, interesting.

A real mix of styles and abilities this week with some real marmite dances.

Lauren & Graeme were noteworthy for being clearly the weakest and it will be a shame if both are still here next week.

Charles can rock his groove with the best of them but clearly couldn’t get to grips with the tango. He’s in danger but I don’t think he should go yet.

I did not like Joe’s dance. Compare it to other street commercial (Charles & Karen) and it is simply not in that league. Yes, the tens were embarrassing. Also don’t want him to go yet though.

Faye and Ashley accomplished as always and I was liking Ashley being third on the leader board, might have put her in danger.

Dance of the night was Stacey. Kevin is an irritating little so and so but this was mesmerising, I clapped at the end.

The wasteoftimeathon was just that. Didn’t change the order but gave Ashley one extra mark so she’s not in danger this week.

Isn’t it time for a shock result. Joe and Stacey in the dance off maybe? Mwahaha
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:26 pm

fiftynotout wrote:

Isn’t it time for a shock result.  Joe and Stacey in the dance off maybe? Mwahaha

Oh I do hope so, I really do. I usually re-watch on a sunday morning to write comments, but I don't have the heart to sit through it again this week.  I got annoyed at the judges' negativity to Lauren, and the fiasco of the lindyshambles. In fact  I didn't really enjoy any of the routines to be honest. Charles had a very strange neck posture in his tango, I don't think he's clicked with dancing in hold at all. Graeme went out of synch and stumbled in a not particularly complex quickstep, and I thought he was rather generously marked. Lauren - why oh why did AJ put her on a table, it was almost as cringey as the cha cha danced on a car.  Faye and Ashley...no surprises with either of them, zzzzz...   I find myself in a minority opinion when it comes to Stacey's paso - I really didn't like it one iota, it looked like a cariacature of the dance to me.  I also didn't like Joe's street routine either, where was the dance in it? More a 6 than a 10 from me.  

Apologies for sounding like Mrs Grump today, I'm feeling a little disenchanted and disillusioned with the show at the moment. A shock result would be perfect, but I doubt that'll happen.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

SCD 2018 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: SCD 2018 Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:52 pm

Yes Mr T - the paso was right up my street too!   Kevin is undoubtedly a master of paso. I had felt that it might be a dance that would not suit Stacey but she really nailed it. Of all Kevins 'clone' partners down the years (Susan Calman excepted) I think she has the best spirit and also has come from being a beginner.   I had felt that their Blackpool salsa wasn't really that good if I can be honest - but was hidden in a really energised performance with all the thrills and spills, backing dancers and 'Kevin' effect - however, they redeemed themselves this week with the paso.  By contrast,  I thought that Lauren and AJ did a far more 'technical' salsa (if there can be one!) but it just lacked energy somewhere.

I really think B runo must be being paid to give Joe a '10' every week!!!!  Clever as it all was, and I do admire how he coped with complicated props, I never thought I'd see the day when someone messing around with balls would get a '10' - Very Happy  hey  ho!

I thought Graeme's marks were very harsh - the judges certainly have him in the sights - very fishy that they all gave the same mark. He didn't seem very happy last night and seems to be taking it all a bit too seriously all of a sudden - Just an observation. Did you notice that Royalty was in attendance last night? Sophie Wessex and her daughter in the audience

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

SCD 2018 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: SCD 2018 Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:59 pm

fiftynotout wrote:

A real mix of styles and abilities this week with some real marmite dances.

Kevin is an irritating little so and so

lol! Really did laugh out loud - love this comment. And yes, it was something of a marmite week I thought

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:52 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:

Joe and Dianne - 8 (for the intricacy of using the props - not the dancing!)
I suppose this was a marmite routine - even for the judges!  a score range between 7 and 10 is unheard of! There is no way this was a '10' performance for me!  I commend him totally for being able to work with all those props and do it so well, it was very clever but for me the actual dance was quite basic and I would have liked to have seen a much more sophisticated club routine to this track - His poor little legs were also accentuated with the costume.

Sincere question - no sarcasm here. Do you mean clubs as in athletic swinging or throwing clubs or do you mean night clubs?
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:37 pm

Pasha and Ashley – No one should use this track ever again. I started watching them, realised what was playing and immediately started seeing that bold yellow dress and Karen and Ramps’s routine in my head.  I found it very difficult to follow what was going on in front of me. The fact that they were dressed up in drab beige didn’t help no matter how many ostrich feathers were wiggling on her bottom.

Faye and Giovanni – I think I’m in the minority – I loved her dress with the white flashing from beneath when it swirled out. Brothel Scarlett???  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  C’mon Mr T – which century were you brought up in?  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Joe and Diane – Well I was proved right in that most of you hated it. I suspect that people were looking for something more Commercial than something Street. I thought this combined them quite well with more emphasis on the Street perhaps. Certainly Charles and Karen’s Street/Commercial was undoubtedly Commercial more than anything else. I also looked at Faye and Giovanni’s wonderful Theatre/Jazz number which I loved, In some ways you could say there was more dancing here. There were certainly more steps. They spent as much time on the floor. There were fewer lifts than Faye and Gio did of course, and the movement was certainly less controlled, but then Latin dances are less controlled than ballroom. What’s the difference?  I don’t quite understand why people can’t see this as a wonderful dance just because it’s not one of the established ones. Oh well, vive le difference.

I’m also in the minority with Karen’s dress. I saw it on the mannequin on ITT and said “That’s ugly”. Like you guys, Mrs Twirlie loves it. On Saturday night, I still thought it was ugly.

I’m glad we’re all agreed on the Lindyhopathon’s awfulness though.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next