Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

+8
Twirlie
diamondsandpearls
B4p
David Tee
fiftynotout
TANGOLERO
MissingLilia
Moova 12
12 posters

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' Empty 2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

Post  B4p Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:59 am

The premier debating chamber for all things Strictly
B4p
B4p

jingle likes this post

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' Empty Re: 2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

Post  Moova 12 Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:59 pm

And soon we will be off! Hopefully all will be back to enjoy SCD.
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' Empty Re: 2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

Post  B4p Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:50 pm

Hi Moova, good to see you back. Basketball

Nothing on the Beeb site about the forthcoming season. I wish their website would be kept up to date, even their pro dancer list is months out of date.
Lots on the dark side about the forthcoming proceedings, the rumours from there are:
the pro dances have mostly been taped already.
The pro dancers will be based on a hotel lockdown system until they're knocked out, but the celebs will come and go to their other jobs.
Rumours are that Neil may have been benched again this year, even though a lot of the female celebs are on the shorter side.
Two new male dancers have been named on DS, but whether they'll be backing dancers, who knows?
The celebs started training last week for the opening show which is thought to be around the 17 October
Bru no is joining the result shows by video links. Not heard anything about Motsi.
Not heard anyone mention how the band will be organised.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' Empty Re: 2020 Tangos Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:35 pm

Now we just need the man himself to make an appearance..............hope you are out there Mr T and limbering up ready to join the debate.......... Very Happy

I must say that I really enjoyed the 'Best of Blackpool' on Saturday night. I enjoyed it much more than the first show they put on - the movie night one which I found a bit frustrating as they seemed to cut the routines off and not play the whole thing. This aspect was much better on the Blackpool show I thought.

To me the show really illustrated how consistently wonderful the Blackpool shows have been and how they can do so much more there - It was good to see that they played some older clips, not just routines from the last few years. I have to sa it reinforced that last year the standard was not as high overall as it has been on some years. Seeing all the pro group dances was brilliant and also so many different classic performances, some of which I had forgotten - they could have almost made two shows of Blackpool classics. I also really enjoyed the little clips about the pro dancers as kids competing there.

I hope the 'Best of the Musicals' is just as good......................... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I agree with what you have said B4P about the lack of any hard information about this year's series.......it will be interesting to see how it pans out. I suppose they are having the big reveal of the couples on the first night. I am trying to approach the series with an open mind and a 'clean slate' - it is going to be very different but then so is everything at the moment - I will try very much to accept it as it is and as a different experience this year................... (well, I'll try...... Laughing ) xx

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:09 pm

Hi all, great to see folks returning to our forum  Very Happy  Yes, I too hope the man himself appears soon, I noticed he had a birthday a few weeks back so belated happy 81st to you Tango.

I'll confess that I haven't watched the Best of Blackpool yet. I thought the movie night programme was dreadful, such a frustrating format...all talk and little dancing. I'll give the Blackpool show a try if you thought it was better Mauve.

Yes, it'll be very interesting to see how the show operates this year. In terms of the music side of it B4P  I read somewhere that some aspects will be pre-recorded (maybe the singing?).

The seven week Bake-off Bubble seems to have worked very well, though I guess it's more risky for Strictly being a live show. I do feel sorry for any of the pros with young children at home  (A.nton comes to mind) if they're in a hotel lockdown situation. Having had a contender last year I imagine he may be given an early exit c.eleb this year. Anyhow, not too long to find out.  

Like you Mauve, I'm going to try to accept any shortcomings this year, and keep my fingers crossed that all their precautions will manage to keep the wretched virus away.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:47 pm

And speaking of birthdays...just noticed its CC's birthday today, so happy 52nd! cheers

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:12 am

drunken Belated birthday greetings to Tango and CC king
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' Empty Re: 2020 Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:39 pm

Did anyone catch the 'Musicals' special on Saturday night?

I didn't enjoy it as much as 'Blackpool' the previous week - it was more back in the vein of the 'Movies' special on the first week - quite a lot of talk and clips of routines that they cut off before they ended - a bit frustrating. Still good to see some classic performances again and some not-so classic - not sure why some of the routines were included ( Alex Jones in there again) when there is such a large cannon of work to choose from.

Too many clips of recent routines from last year as well - which is a bit lazy I thought - it did seem like the show had been thrown together a bit but I really enjoyed the new 'virtual' pros dance that they did at the end and watched it back twice- (were Oti and Amy dancing with their real life partners?) it was excellent and they must have worked really hard to get the timing and the segments right - is this the shape of things to come for the coming series?

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' Empty Re: 2020 Tango's LIttle bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:43 pm

Hi all

Did anyone watch the 'Best of the Finals' Show? I found it really enjoyable to watch some of the performances again. It made me realize how much I loved Debbie and Gio's Argentine Tango and also Ore and Joanne's Showdance. It struck me that despite all the weird and wonderful music combos - which do seem to have got worse recently - most of the best and endearing dances that come out in the end are those that are danced to traditional/'correct' music relative to the dance.

And despite our feelings that the ringers always glide through - the programme also showed how the road to winning the title is not smooth for some. You forget how some of them end up with very low scores early on and appear in dance offs. Ore was one of those who had quite a rocky time looking back but I think the Showdance and 'that' Jive won it for him on the night.

I loved seeing a lot of the other classic dances that they showed - I won't quote anymore in case you haven't seen the programme yet. if I'm being really picky I wish they had gone back to some of the past classic finals a bit more but you can't have everything. I thought the tribute to Caroline Flack was lovely and very fitting. I had forgotten how good she was and she was another one who built in confidence as the series progressed.

These specials have also shown me how many of the really good pros have now moved on Sad Pasha being a case in point - although you can't blame them I suppose for leaving when they are on top with having a got a win and also a few finals under their belt.

Really looking forward to this weekend now - I do hope that some of our other members are out there????
If you are lurking - reveal yourselves Laughing Laughing

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:45 pm

[quote="mauveangel09"   These specials have also shown me how many of the really good pros have now moved on Sad  Pasha being a case in point  [/quote]

I so agree with you Mauve. I'm beginning to look on the earlier shows as the golden days of Strictly, the days of Vincent and Flavia, Aliona, E.rin, Kristina, Matthew Cutler, Artem, Pasha.....  I feel less invested in the current pros, apart from maybe Katya, Oti and Johannes.

I watched three of the four 'Best of' shows, but find that format rather disjointed and the selections were mostly too recent. Oh dear, sorry to sound so grumpy!! It's just that the chance to draw from the entire Strictly back catalogue was such an opportunity for a trip down memory lane, I felt it was an opportunity missed. Though the tribute to Caroline Flack was done very well indeed, very moving.

mauveangel09 wrote:Really looking forward to this weekend now -  I do hope that some of our other members are out there????
If you are lurking - reveal yourselves Laughing Laughing

Yes, I really really hope our members return too! I do enjoy our forum and hearing everyone's views. I've just noticed our forum has a Like/Dislike function...can't remember that being there before scratch

Anyhow, looking forward to the launch show this weekend cheers
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:49 am

jingle wrote:And speaking of birthdays...just noticed its CC's birthday today, so happy 52nd! cheers

Thanks jingle.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:45 pm

Well I enjoyed the show tonight. It was a bit flat without much of an audience but at least we got spared any canned laughter. I don't know half the celebrities but I think they look a good mix of ages and abilities. They all seem keen and raring to go which is always a good start. The first same sex Strictly Couple Nicola & Katya look interesting. I still think that Katya is one of the better choreographers so it will be interesting to see what routines she comes up with. We've been told that Gio & Ranvir will be doing a Paso next week - surely tactical to get it out of the way early? Will one couple exit next week? Good to see Tommy Blaize up front and singing like a bird.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' Empty Re: 2020 Tangos Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:02 pm

Well for a split second at the beginning I thought it was going to be a bit flat - but that was wrong. Once it got going I actually really enjoyed the format with the celeb and pro interviews and talks and I enjoyed the pared down feel of it all with the couples sitting at the tables on the side of the floor - often the launch show is just lots of crash, bang, wallop - if you know what I mean, and people strutting around. This was nothing like that and for once it did seem to be all about the dancing. It seemed to be more honest and I felt I got to know the celebs over the course of the show. I really loved the pro routines - the 'It don't mean a thing' routine was superb - pure Hollywood.

I thought there were some nice pairings - Amy and JJ for example, Bill and Oti - he was hilarious and I'm sure she will get the best out of him. Janette and the little boy made for a sweet couple (even though he looks like Joe Suggs junior). Not so sure about how well Giovanni and Ranvir will fare and the Eastenders girl looks like she could be quite 'high maintenance' Very Happy Housewives choice and Jacqui had a bit of an air of inevitability about it, but then again he did get to the final last year. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Katya will come up with for Nicola - she is so experimental this will give free rein to her creativity.

First impressions during the group routine: The American footballer and also Clara caught my eye as did Joe Suggs junior. Caroline has lovely posture and lines but felt she needed more energy although she did say afterwards that it wasn't quite what she had rehearsed! Jamie Laing seems to be too aware of himself and needed to get into the dance more - felt he was posing a bit -and Bill Bailey - well didn't he go! Very Happy Very Happy

Looking forward to next week............and glad Strictly will be brightening up my Saturday nights from now on!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:14 am

I'm afraid the launch show went by in a bit of a blur to me. We had to say goodbye to our beloved old dog yesterday which has totally knocked the stuffing out of me Sad  

I thought the format of the reveals worked well. Only one minor thing I didn't like was the seated audience wearing obvious dark masks, I just want to forget about this wretched virus for an hour a week.

No real surprises in the pairings, especially A.nton with Jacqui, and Katya with Nicola. Visually, Karen and Jamie looked good together. I absolutely agree with your view on the 'young Joe Suggs' Mauve, I had precisely the same thought!

A little disappointed that Johannes didn't get more of a contender (unless my first impression of Caroline is wrong). The girl from Eastenders stood out in the group dance, although a little OTT in the interview.  I liked the two sportsmen, and also Max.

Looking forward to the first live show, though with all the new restrictions I wonder will they be allowed to have any audience at all.

Finally, I really hope everyone returns to our forum, even if just dropping in.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' Empty Re: 2020 Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:39 am

Hi Jingle

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog - pets are so much part of the family and it must be a very sad time for you. Sad

Thinking of you today xx

BTW - agree about the audience - they may as well dispense with them as they just seemed like strange shadowy figures in the background to me. I read on a news site somewhere that many viewers have said they did not mind there not being an audience because of the clapping and cheering that has got out of hand in recent years.............SCD take note!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:45 am

Great to have Strictly back but I wish the pairings could be harder to guess. It was absolutely nailed on An.ton would get a no hoper and G.orka would get the warm favourite. Why? Do they expect a holy miracle from An.ton every series whilst the it being pre-ordained the young stud dancers get the celebs with talent? The only real surprise was Oti being paired with Bill Bailey as she always lands a contender too - much as I love her. Anyways onto the pairings and my first thoughts.

Caroline Quentin and Johannes Radebe - I wish them well but wonder whether they are hoping (show's producers) they have found another Debbie McGee. Both come to the show having done ballet in their early years. Debbie was helped by being more lithe though than Caroline is but it could put her in good stead. A lot depends on what sort of rhythm she can find. Early prediction a week three exit.

Clare Amfo and Alijas Skorjanec - She comes across as very enthusiastic and bubbly. Being in the music business too will help and early impressions is she has nice rhythm and having Alijas as her partner is a massive help too. He really is a great teacher and I can see this partnership making it to the later weeks. Early prediction a semi-final exit.

Ranvir Singh and Giovanni Pernice - Ranvir comes across as one willing to learn and her dancing in India at family occasions will perhaps help with rhythm. Giovanni is also another very good teacher but a bit of a hard taskmaster. Another partnership with potential. Early prediction a quarter-final exit.

Hrvy and Janette Manrara - Again you feel the show's producers were hunting for another Joe Suggs in Hrvy. He seems confident and his musicality will help too and could go far. Finalist finishing third.

Jason Bell and Luba Mushtuk - One that may prove a big it with the housewives with his build. Seems confident and looks like he could be chiselled into a potential challenger. Will he have full public support though? Finalist finishing second.

Jaimie Laing and Karen Hauer - Showed potential (if I remember) in last year's opening show but jury is out as last night he seemed less assured. He'll do enough to survive the first few weeks. Exit around week six.

Nicola Adams and Katya Jones - The first ever same sex couple in Strictly. Once the dance got underway it did not really bother me to be honest but that may be difficult in dances such as Paso Doble. She seems confident and depends on how many people back her because they are same sex couple. Dance ability wise I predict an exit in week three.

Jacqui Smith and Housewives choice Du Beke - Although she came across as a confident person her first dance shows she has a heck of a lot of learn about timing/rhythm and style. I can see her being the week one exit.

Maisie Smith and Gorka Marquez - Full of confidence and admits to previous dance experience. Coupled with her being eye candy and having Gorka (a favourite with the ladies) then she has many avenues of support - not forgetting EastEnders fans. Early prediction is Strictly Champion 2020.

J J Chalmers and Amy Dowden - You feel a bit of a blank canvas and there could be a dancer in there but can Amy and the Strictly experience bring it out. I think he'll survive the early exit and go for a week four exit.

Bill Bailey and Oti Mabuse - I fear that Bill will be pushed into the clown act for Strictly 2020. I hope not. He looked not a total disaster so hopefully he can get his head down and stick to dancing and less clowning. Like his attitude though. Sadly, I see a week 2 exit for him.

Max George and Dianne Buswell - Being he was a musician his musicality should be good and he'll have healthy support too from fans of the Wanted band. Has youth on his side too so I can see him going far. Early prediction is for him to finish fourth.

My early predictions are all just a bit of fun and just what my gut says to me and early impression.

Some things remain the same despite the pandemic. Shirley already eyeing up the young male dancer Hrvy - pretty sure her eyes were dilating and she was salivating when she talked about him. CRH was the same with James Bell.

Well I am now looking forward to seeing how they all get on. I'd categorize them in these groups for myself. Rooting on Bill Bailey and Caroline Quentin. Ones that could grow on me being Clare Amfo, J J Chalmers and Ranvir Singh. Unknown quantities being Max George, Jacqui Smith, Nicola Adams, James Bell and Jaimie Laing. And a bit too full of themselves and meh to me Maisie Smith and Hrvy. That could all change over the coming weeks though.

PS Thinking of you jingle after the loss of your pet dog.

Last edited by CaledonianCraig on Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:59 pm

Hello everybody! *waves regally from her chaise longue, whilst trying to contain fizzing inner excitement*

How the divil are you all? It's been a funny old year, hasn't it? But Strictly is back and the forum is back, and somehow, some semblance of normality is resumed.

I shall address the nuts and bolts of last nights show in a separate (no doubt inordinately lengthy;Twitter has taught me nothing about brevity) post. But for now I just wanted to take the opportunity to respond to all the bits I've missed the last couple of months.

So firstly, many happy belated birthdays to CC and Tango (has anyone seen Tango yet?). Hope you both were able to celebrate with the people you wanted to and in the style to which you are accustomed, despite restrictions.

Also want to say to Jingle how desparately sorry I am to hear about your dog. That's incredibly sad and will leave a big gap, and take a bit of getting over. You need to wrap yourself in cotton wool and really look after your poor wounded heart and soul. I am thinking of you and sending hugs I love you

I'm very happy to see you all, and look forward to many hours swapping opinions and discussing the exact shade of a dress...

Onwards! xx
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:51 pm

And so to last night's show...

Me likey! I think I preferred the lower key launch to the usual OTT razzmatazz. Also, in a very rare treat, Tess got an actual dress! The dalmation tube was simple but elegant and she looked glorious in it. I really hope this is a taste of things to come and they are not going back to dressing her up as each type of quality street, in metallics with one shoulder and a-symmetrical hemline. Clauds on the other hand... well, let's just look forward to next week.

And so to the peeps.

Caroline (hugely Afor at this juncture) and Johannes! What is not to like? I had her pegged for Aljaz - for some reason this perfection of a partnership never crossed my mind. They are going to be de-lovely. She retains her ballet elegance, but feel she may need to work on speed and stamina for the quicker dances.

Clara (neutral at the mo, though nice woman and approve of her super-fan status) and Aljaz. I am not sure about their chemistry, but I am very willing to be won over. Clara has tons of enthusiasm and great rhythm and musicality, although I don't see her getting beyond (the non-existent) Blackpool.

Ranvir (Agin at the mo, purely on that dreadful dress which would look old and frumpy on my ancient mother) and Giovanni. Hmm. She's neither Debbeh, nor Michelle Visage. I bet she gives it some welly with her mates after the requisite number of Proseccos, but I don't see her as having the grit and determination that will endear her to Gio. Not a partnership I would have foreseen nor chosen. I would probably boot her in about week 3, but I suspect she has a good fanbase and will hang on a lot longer.

No Vowels Lad and Janette (Agin - hasn't outgrown being a cocky little monster). I did predict this pairing and I think it was the right one. I'm not a huge fan of Jannette's teaching or choreography skills however and think he may stall and not fulfill what looks like reasonable potential (from watching him in the group dance). HAving said that, he has lots of social media and youtube fans, so who knows? He is not endearing like Joe Sugg though (judging by Twitter, the mums and nans who loved Joe just want to slap him. I wouldn't sully my hand, personally).

Jason Bell and Luba (Afor. Very much afor...!) If they hadn't have put these together I would have rioted. I think Luba will be just the right kind of teacher for him and will push him to the utmost and he will respond. Ashe said, he is used to coaching and taking instruction/constructive criticism. Also, they are both sizzling hot... (and yet he seems quite a sweetheart at the same time).

Jamie Laing and Karen (Agin. Oh so very Agin.) Why? Why put these two together? Their idenitkit hair demonstrates they are peas in a pod. And that is not a good thing. Oti would have tamed Jamie's excessiveness and annoyingness. In contrast, Jamie is bringing out Karen's inner very-annoyingness that she seemed to have shelved last year. I quite liked Karen last year. Now I will have to go back to be vastly irritated by her. Eating all over the place and telling everyone about it... Grrr! Also, I wanted Karen for Nicola.

Nicola and Katya (neutral. I am very afor Nicola, but so very agin hyper-Katya). Another why-o-why? Katya should have been paired with Jamie so that they could be sugar-overloaded toddlers together. Intensely annoying, granted, but confined to one annoying pair. And Karen would have hopefully have been the more grounded, chilled Karen of last year if paired with with Nicola. Instead we we now have a hopped up Katya who is going to do 'clever' choreography... I grant that she can be an incredible choreographer, but she can also go really stupidly OTT (Ed Balls Gangnam for example. No, I still haven't got over it). Having a same sex partnership isn't that out there or crazy (well, it is in our culture/society but it shouldn't be - and I accept it is a big deal for the LGBTQ+ community to finally have a same sex couple on a prime time tv show) and they can just dance the dances as they are usually danced with some moderate tweaking.

Jacqui and A.nton (What do you think.... Very Happy ) Well, firstly, they sent the wrong Jacqui. I was expecting the glamourpuss from the 1970s Charlie's Angels and she was going to be paired with Gio. Instead we got the human equivalent of watching paint dry. Secondly, she also had an outfit which might have looked ok for a 1980s wedding guest, but this is Strictly. In 2020. Again, my dear old Mum would have passed over that frumpy mess. A very predictable pairing. An early bath for these two methinks.

Maisie and Gorka (Torn...) Maisie has HUGE dancing potential. And Gorka is back! So yay! for those facts. However, I think she could get on your nerves after a bit. And I am finding Gorka's blondness off-putting. But they will deservedly go all the way to the final.

Judith's Boy and Amy (Afor, afor, afor!) I am invariably afor Amy (never sure why. I just am). But this pairing is wholesome, earnest cuteness on a plate. I am going to be a bit in love with both of them I think. I don't know how well he will dance, tbh, but for the first few weeks I genuinely won't care.

Bill and Oti (dithering). I like Bill. I like Oti (muchly). But I am not sure about them together. Can't put my finger on it. But Bill looks like he has some energy and decent rhythm (well, he is a musician) for Oti to work with, so that should make her happy. Possiby happier than working with Jamie Laing, which is why he mght have been landed on Karen.

Max and Dianne (Agin). I am always ambivilent about Diane, and Max is another cocky monster. At least the No Vowels lad is only about twelve, but Mr George is quite, quite grown up. He will have a lot of pressure to follow in Jay's footsteps, but whilst I think he has some moves I don't know that he has them all. Think Oti, cracking the whip, would have got more from him and cut through the arrogance and swagger. Dianne is too fawning.

OMG - it's good to be back!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:04 pm

Hi D and P - welcome back - it's great to see people returning to the forum Very Happy

I loved your post CC about your predictions - let's revisit it in a few weeks time. I think your observations are really interesting.

Although I normally do reserve judgment for a few weeks, its a shorter season this year, so what the heck, I do agree with a lot of what you've said - Clara, HRVY (can't get used to that moniker so it will be 'Joe Suggs junior' for me! ) All contenders. JJ, Max, to some extent Caroline, and the American Footballer, all a nice blank canvas although I know that Jamie Bell seemed good, Americans don't have a great track record for reaching the latter weeks.

Agree completely about A nton and Jacqui - but don't forget CC, he was in the Final last year so was due a year with someone with 'less potential' anyway - same for Oti, being the winner and also in a few finals - but actually Bill could really buck the trend here because he is a superb musician and will definitely have good rhythm, it was a pleasant surprise to see him the group dance. If anyone can get him through the first few weeks it will be Oti. Likewise, Gio has reached the top in a lot of the finals in the past few years and Ranvir is the one I don't agree with you about being a contender - not sure about that partnership either, but we shall see...............

I think Nicola and Katya have good potential and if Katya is at her creative best people will vote to keep them in and see what she comes up with next! Even though as Jingle said, they looked good visually I got a cold feeling about Jamie Laing.

As for Maisie Smith - well yes she is a very good dancer and has the Eastenders fans to get her the votes in those first few weeks - but there it stops for me. Look how many Eastenders people have gone out in the early and middle part of the contest, despite having a big fan base. in order to win (as you predict) she will have to endear herself to the rest of the public and to be honest she didn't come across as that last night! There are a lot more endearing characters in the mix this year. As I said in a previous post - one thing about watching the 'specials' shows - made me realize that the winner is not always apparent in those first few weeks (thankfully) Stacey was not rated at all, neither was Ore and a lot of them have not emerged immediately - I feel the 'unknown factor' is still alive and well Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:57 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:HRVY (can't get used to that moniker so it will be 'Joe Suggs junior' for me! ) although I know that Jamie Bell seemed good, Americans don't have a great track record for reaching the latter weeks.

Very Happy    

Nooooooo!!! Joe Suggs is quite a nice chap. No Vowels child is a cocky spoilt brat. He is by no means Joe Suggs junior - that's insulting to poor old Joe! As I say, he hasn't endeared himself to the Mums and Nans, in the way that Joe did. At all. I call him No Vowels, but he is variously being called BRT, TWT, WNKR and various other things on Twitter. He just doesn't have the 'ahh' factor that Joe had...

Also, Jamie Bell is the guy from Billy Elliot.

Jason Bell is the American Foootballerguy on Strictly. Wink
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:10 am

I don't think Oti would have been paired with a front runner this year, they have to ration those Glitter Balls. Also she's just opened a dance school with her husband so no doubt she'll be busy organising that.

I'm not sure that Ranvir will cope with Gio, but time will tell.

Claud looked like she was already for bed in those floral satin pyjamas. Is she coming out of the black & white closet this year?

Do we know if someone will exit next week?

I noticed at least 2 new faces in the pro dances. I wonder if they'll still include the pros without celebrities in all the usual silly VTs or if they've been put back into their boxes now that the pro dances have been filmed?

So sorry to hear about your loss jingle. Being a dog person, I completely understand the scar they leave on your heart when they leave you  Crying or Very sad .
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:53 am

diamondsandpearls wrote:

Jason Bell is the American Foootballerguy on Strictly.   Wink

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Jamie or Jason - shows he didn't make that much impression on me - could be good for the eye candy but not sure he will poll the votes ultimately.

I was never struck on Joe Suggs - thought his dancing was overrated. Horses for courses. I just saw the little boy - junior - on BBC Breakfast, came across as fun and nervous but he looks so young it was like seeing Janette with her little brother.......................Very Happy Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:38 am

Just another thought that will scrub a few thousand votes off Maisie Smith.

On the show on Saturday she spoke about knowing Elstree well having worked across the road at the other studios in the town - the BBC Studios. This will have grated with residents of Borehamwood as both the BBC Elstree Studios and Elstree Studios are in the town of Borehamwood not Elstree. Elstree is a much smaller town about three miles west of the studios where Strictly is filmed. For decades now residents of Borehamwood are distinctly peeved that the famous film and TV studios in Borehamwood have held the name of another local town - Elstree.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:16 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Just another thought that will scrub a few thousand votes off Maisie Smith.

On the show on Saturday she spoke about knowing Elstree well having worked across the road at the other studios in the town - the BBC Studios. This will have grated with residents of Borehamwood as both the BBC Elstree Studios and Elstree Studios are in the town of Borehamwood not Elstree. Elstree is a much smaller town about three miles west of the studios where Strictly is filmed. For decades now residents of Borehamwood are distinctly peeved that the famous film and TV studios in Borehamwood have held the name of another local town - Elstree.

I feeltheir peeve... and yet I had to Chortle at such avery British problem! Razz

(Also, I thought Maisie was talking Elstree the studio complex, rather than a place called Elstree. I know the studios are in Borehamwood, but had no idea there was an actual village called Elstree. So Borehamwood didn't lose out this time!)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:20 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Jamie or Jason - shows he didn't make that much impression on me - could be good for the eye candy but not sure he will poll the votes ultimately.

I was never struck on Joe Suggs - thought his dancing was overrated. Horses for courses.   I just saw the little boy - junior - on BBC Breakfast, came across as fun and nervous but he looks so young it was like seeing Janette with her little brother.......................Very Happy Very Happy  

I wasn't particularly struck on Joe's dancing either, but I did think he was a nice chap (which surprised me to be honest. I had preconceptions about a youtube star...) But I get real Brat vibes from the No Vowels child.

And I thought Jason seemed very nice and down to earth and quite sweet. (I also have preconceptions about American sports stars being brash and arrogant... Note to self: stop preconceiving!)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next