Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCD 2019 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread

+7
Moova 12
CaledonianCraig
fiftynotout
mauveangel09
diamondsandpearls
TANGOLERO
B4p
11 posters

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

SCD 2019 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: SCD 2019 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:28 am

Michelle was eliminated this week for two reasons. Lack of public support and having a dance thst just did not sparkle enough. We all know Chris should have been eliminated this week but he has the public support unlike Michelle. To be fair the only way Michelle would have survived the dance-off would have been if she was against Chris.

I think Michelle was destined to come up short though. Not becsuse of her dance skills though but because she lacked popularity with the public. Shame as she has perhaps supplied the most dances I have enjoyed in the series.

We now know that Saffron's public support is not the highest and neither is Emma who has already been in the dance-off. Dance-off between them next week?

CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

SCD 2019 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: SCD 2019 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread

Post  B4p Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:57 pm

I still haven't watched the result show! the TV was highjacked for some 'Jungle' programme, and Guy Martin going for the landspeed record in a racing tractor. I think they topped 135 miles per hour by the end.

Watched the main show and my thoughts co-incide with some others already posted.
I wasn't sure why Chris was scored two 9s. I didn't see a lot of Salsa. It really gave a skewed scoring platform for everyone else as he was the first to dance.
I didn't mind Emma's. It didn't blow me away. She still seems like An ton drags her around and there was a lot of gapping. Two marks higher than Saffron? I wouldn't have given it a 10.
Alex and her strange Cossack-come-Paso. What was that all about. Wasn't keen.
Kelvin's Jive. I liked it. It got to the heart of the dance. Another proud nan. She made me laugh when she said 'he seems to have grown into those teeth'!
Saffron's Quickstep. I liked it, but I get tired of AJ's fast and furious choreography. His choreography is usually about stroking his ego and not necessarily about showcasing his partners strengths (Pasha was always good at that). I loved Andrea the singer's rendition of the song.
Michelle's Couple's Choice Vogue. It made me smile how Cr aig was trying to instruct the person who taught Madonna how to vogue, how it should be done. Gio seemed to be enjoying the routine a bit too much!  It's interesting that this was weak from a choreography viewpoint compared to Gio's usual complex dances. I wonder if someone else planned the routine.
Karim's Charleston. Fabulous and exhausting to watch. One 10 more than Emma?.

I was sorry to see Michelle go but as other's have said, she isn't getting the vote. A weak dance (no-one can afford that luxury now) within a strong remaining field. I've enjoyed watching Michelle each week and her dance relationship with Gio. I liked her sass and commitment. I don't find much personality in the other female dancers. Michelle's been consistently in the top 3 of the scoreboard since the beginning. To drop so low into the dance off, her votes must have been very low whereas Saffron has been steady around the upper mid-table. No doubt about it, we're getting to the business end of the competition now.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:57 pm

B4p wrote:
No doubt about it, we're getting to the business end of the competition now.

I think dance is maybe fighting a losing battle with popularity about now, B4p. I wasn't Michelle's biggest fan, but dance wise she was probably the ladies best chance at the glitter-ball....but then again when was it all about dance. Emmerdale to win
from the Karim Fella if girl power doesn't go bananas amongst the 14 year olds, otherwise...well, she played football for England you know... My money would be on Dingle farm...lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:05 pm

Well we know from the weekend that Alex will be doing an Argentine tango this week.

From ITT tonight, Karim has said that he is doing an emotional contemporary dance. We'll find out which tunes are being used tomorrow
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:30 pm

Okay let me be first to put my thoughts out there and for be it is a bit Bah Humbug from me.

Saffron and AJ: It was a bit ponderous after her ungainly start on stage. It struck me as a little slow-paced for me so never got that party feeling. C.raig's remarks were spot on but mark was harsh. A 7 from me.

Karim and Amy: No doubt he danced it very well but I wasn't keen on the choreography as was a bit spikey. Again C.raig's remark was spot on for me. An 8 for me.

Alex and Neil: I enjoyed this for all its mistakes. It had intricate kicks and flicks and thought she did quite well considering how complex the dance was. Ridiculous mark from C.raig. A 7.5 from me.

Kelvin and Oti: Too much faffing with the props and not enough dance content for the first half. A better second half but way overmarked. Three 10s? Sorry but that was ridiculous. A 7.5 from me.

Emma and An.ton: I enjoyed the choreography. Just a shame there were one or two errors in there Not a bad effort though. A 7.5 from me.

Chris and Karen: Liked his steps and thought the timing was quite good. The attack was great too. Much better effort than I was expecting and one of the dances of the night for me. An 8 from me.

Well for me Saffron and Alex are in peril. Pretty sure Saffron will be in the dance-off but will Emma slip into it with her? Other thoughts are it gets very tedious when they pull up C.raig because he does not mark high enough for people's likings but whoop and holler when 10's are given when not merited. Sorry but I am at a loss if 10's are given for a minute's dancing in a two minute dance. Rant over.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:27 pm

Hi Everyone. I actually watched it on time tonight.

Saffron - Samba
I love a good Samba, so I guess I'm always going to be a bit picky when I see one.  I thought AJ put most of the traditional Samba steps in there, although I don't remember seeing any bachacarda's (but maybe I blinked). It was quite slow paced, which I think showed up the errors more. Her knees bounced but I didn't see  any continuing body undulations, which I think is the point Motsi was trying to make. It seemed a bit of a 'stop-start Samba by He is. And we obey him.' to me. I didn't think she looked at ease or really got into the party mood.

Karim - Couples Choice
I'm not really into Contemporary dance, so I find it hard to comment. He did some nice leaps (which we've seen before). He slowed the whole thing down so that we could see him emoting (something new). It was about his story (These stories are always so personal, I usually feel like an intruder). The dance had soft/hard accents. The whole contempo-waft is just not my cup of tea. Did Claud really say to Karim 'you've never danced before'. Maybe she got his notes confused with anybody else in the Clauditorium!

Alex - Argentine Tango
For me this was a disappointment. I agreed with the judges, that this dance is 'cat & mouse' follwed by a game of chess by footwork. The woman follows the man's lead, then adds embellishments in response to his initial movements. I thought she was fighting to lead in several places. The footwork seemed 'sewn on afterwards' and not particularly involved with any dance theme. I didn't feel any emotional connection (except the wardrobe malfunction) between them, or detect any atmosphere of dark suspense, anticipation or passion (just remembering the cricketer who danced the James Bond tune with Karen). I thought Cr aig was spot on with that very long string of ganchos. Cr aig mentioned churning butter, just as I was thinking she looked like she was treading grapes whilst chewing gum. The lifts looked heavy and clumsy. I don't know how much the wardrobe malfunction affected their dance.

Kelvin - Couples Choice
The first part in the kitchen was too long, and didn't add enough to the story to waste that amount of time. L en would be chuntering about the 'faffing about'. When they switched to the 'Northern Soul' dance floor, the whole thing came alive, and I wished they'd have added more of that. I remember as a teenager some lads trying to do Northern Soul type dancing on a University Rock night. It didn't end well!

Emma - Quickstep
Didn't she look fabulous. The most animated I've seen her in 10 weeks. Light footed, and covering the floor well. What a shame she lost her place a couple of times. She did well with such a complicated fast routine. I thought the 6 from Cr aig was a bit harsh.

Chris - Paso
Well, for a non dancer, I thought he did really well. Yes he's still the weakest dancer, but the public love him and it'll be interesting whether they'll keep him out of the dance off. I think Karen has upped her game as a choreographer this season, and has come up with some good routines for Chris. I'm not sure why Cr aig scored him 4 more points than Alex but I guess he'll have his reasons

Dance-off - another potential shockwave if Alex and Saffron (both at the bottom of the board) end up there.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:33 pm

Saffron’s dance was a throw back to the early weeks. AJ tossed her about and she lacked bounce. I didn’t like it at all.
Alex for me has always had flexed feet when they should have been pointed. I was fixated by them today. They needed Flavia to help with finesse.
Emma looked amazing and when it was flowing it was excellent. But mistakes.
Karim I actually liked this and had a little goosebump moment. I thought it suited him.
Kelvin mmm toooo much faffing and then somewhat strange. He is very light on his feet and that was evident in this dance.
Chris I enjoyed this dance. Yes his hands were odd, he could have extended his lines but he really went for it.
I have been thinking now for a couple of weeks he could emulate another Chris who wasn’t the best dancer but the GBP liked him.

I will draw a veil or maybe a fan over the warbling at the start.
And over the rumour that the fabu-u-lus darling one is doing Hello Dolly medley next week!
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:34 pm

Mark Ramprakash my favourite AT.
Just listening to him on test match special!
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

SCD 2019 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 16 Empty Little summary...

Post  strictsue Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:14 pm

Methinks Vicky Gill inadvertently added a couple of extra zeros when ordering pink material for Chris' trousers... pink frothy overload - but I like it ;-) Even Saffron's enthusiasm could not disguise the Samba struggle... isn't this usually when AJ says farewell..? the fabu-u-lus darling one's reference to a tense 'downstairs after Alex' AT - and Motsi repeating the phrase - had the same affect on me as it obviously did on Shirley - Shocked affraid  Not bad dancing though and I do appreciate Neil's choreo for his partner - Ditto for Amy. I love a contemporary dance and agreed with Silver tongued Italian Stallion re the brilliance of dynamics during this couple's choice. Gorgeous lines from Karim and at least the actual dance content commenced straight away unlike Kelvin and Oti who took absolutely ages to get going - great once it did though - but I felt cheated and we got a 'short form' Northern Soul *BOO* Stunning Emma looked the part and the 'quick' was enjoyable - pity about the kerfuffle with the 'steps'. Highlight of the evening for me was Chris' Paso - Karen must have worked hard on him during the week to pull that dance/face/intent out of the bag! Fab-u-lous! Funniest bit of VT footage has to be Kelvin saying he and his family would be on the sofa watching 'tomorrow' night... Ooops!
strictsue
strictsue

Back to top Go down

Post  strictsue Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:20 pm

Moova 12 wrote:Mark Ramprakash my favourite AT.

Test Match Special going on here too Moova.
Agree - Mark & Karen Hardy were amazing Wink
strictsue
strictsue

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:30 pm

Post Blackpool syndrome. Effort was there but some cracks were showing in the make up. Saffron and A.J.turned out a neatly done enough Samba, but a wee bit of stepping on the number footprints for me. A bit less than a carefree sunshine natural Samba, more a "did I get it right?" exercise. Not a stand-out and 7's were about right.

Karim and Amy. So tired of the weepies and no offence meant, but anything not to do with dance is of no interest to me and this is Strictly moving away from its known formats and exploring the unknown. Karim can undoubtedly dance exceptionally well, but is what he did comparable to the other dances on show in any way? It's almost the film "Strictly Ballroom" in plot, but almost baletic in style, and will any of them remember so free a discipline beyond tonight? His relationship with sister and mother is the stuff of "Who do you think you are" rather than a dance contest. I though the marks over the top in relation to ballroom partner dance rules. The judges obviously disagreed.

Alex and Neil. Argentine Tango. Disappointed in lack of story a la tango format and all too concentrated on flicky toes and rubber legs. The music was as distracting and baffling as Motsi's summing up. C raig's 4 was a joke, but 6 and sevens for me.

Kel and Oti. Northern Soul a new (if more familiar) discipline that went down well and was easier to relate to the rest. I have to be fair and say how well Kelvin has adapted to dance right from the off. He's good and a real finalist contender. A polished display full of fun and marked accordingly.

Emma and Housewives choice, not the dancing but a couple of timing issues spoiled a classsy quickstep. Housewives choice was experienced enough to know how to get it back and track and C raig's 6 was over harsh. He really should stop proving points and be fairer. I hope they avoid the dance-off, but that's a bit like casting the runes. The G.B.P will no doubt figure.

Chris and Karen Paso. Both the music and chreography are far removed from traditional Paso. This was a bit Tango-Doble for me although Chris is a likeable chap and really gives it a go. Shirley claims "Paso is a marching dance" Really? That strange remark and Motsi's burbling were more confusing than the music which was bad enough. I wouldn't make a judge on this show, my priorities are far too traditional.

Not at all a bad show and with a good opening sequence....We shall no doubt see what we shall see. Wink

TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

SCD 2019 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: SCD 2019 Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:54 pm

Moova 12 wrote:Mark Ramprakash my favourite AT.

My favourite also - by a long way.

I thought it was a very interesting show.  Although he marked a couple of dances down I felt CRH was on fire tonight with the comments and pretty much summed it up for me each time.   Thought the B runo thing at the beginning was a bit odd but I loved the dance routine from the pros - reminded me of the Moulin Rouge routines  (the real Moulin Rouge - not the films).  On the costume front - just a random thought - lots of red being used this year?

Saffron and AJ - 7
I actually didn't dislike this.  I felt it was a 'dance school' samba in that all the samba basic and samba steps were in there and I felt the content was very good but I felt she was still concentrating on getting each step of the routine right and hadn't quite reached the point where she could relax and let go.  It was a bit slow in parts as well which made it look a bit laboured, although I felt she worked really hard to use her hips and to get the samba bounce.   Not sure why CRH gave her a '5' and then gave Chris an '8'!!! For me this was a decent routine.

Karim and Amy - 9
For me this was their best dance to date.  I'm not a supporter of theirs but I did enjoy this greatly and felt it was a lovely routine where they were perfectly in sync and it had a lot more attack than a lot of contemporary stuff that is seen on the show. However, therein lay the problem for me - it was yet again a fast full on routine for the most part that didn't have light and shade and wasn't subtle.  Karim dances on one level for me I'm afraid and this was a stage School ringer routine for me.  I could have kissed CRH because he summed it up perfectly along with the frustration of not being able to award the perfect score, with which  wholeheartedly agree.

Alex and Neill - 6
Didn't really enjoy this at all I'm afraid.  The music was so wrong for an Argentine Tango and I felt that they fought the tempo all the way through.  With the 3 time - you could have done a Viennese Waltz to it - really wrong for an Argentine Tango as for me it spoilt the feel of the dance, even though there were some good and authentic AT steps in there. Felt they captured nothing of the Argentine Tango feel and atmosphere - and really didn't get the chemistry that Shirley and  B runo were going on about.    It was all a bit flicky and performed without feeling.   Sorry about that, but Shirleys comments which appeared to be touting for votes will probably get them through.....master strategy to do the first one in the series though.

Kelvin and Oti - 9
What a routine - he is such a natural dancer - something I don't get from Karim and Amy is the chemistry that I get from these two. Loved to see Northern Soul on the show - but could have gone even further for me and had even more Northern Soul - the faffing around sitting at the kitchen table was a shame as it spoilt it for me and they could have done so much more in that first part. Whereas the second part sang and I loved the Bhangra nod.

Emma and A nton  8
I thought this was pure ballroom - an ambitious routine which she didn't quite pull off but it was great choreography and a great theme and It was by no means a disaster, hence my mark but  If they end up in the DO she would need to up her game.

Chris and Karen - 7
For me this was stompy and overmarked - particularly by CRH - but he tried his best with some of the step sequences being good but other bits  (including the face that he was pulling) not so good.  Felt I was watching Karen but I didn't like the braces on her dress - the skirt was magnificent and would have looked so much better with just the top and the skirt.

I felt that Alex and Chris were being favoured by the judges - therefore I gave some on-line votes to Saffron tonight as I felt she might need them and I prefer her over the other two. However, now that my favourite Michelle has gone out I think I am supporting Kelvin.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:14 pm

Whispers.... Haven't heard yet that we're about to be subjected to the usual tedious 'waste-a-time-athon' this season... creeps quietly away
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:23 pm

Tonight brought it home to me that I'm honestly not really supporting anyone from personal reasons, although one has to be drawn to someone. . That said, Emma has done well and progressed under Housewives choice's ballroom skills which I like, but what have they left and will it be enough.? It looks almost certain that Kel and Karim will battle it out for the bathroom tile trophy unless the world turns on its axis, and fair enough, both have done so well. Alex is my least favourite of the remainder along with Saffron, who I'm not really wild about, but if either turn it on, then good luck to them.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:52 pm

Anybody know who has which dances left to do? I can probably work it out via the Weekly Dance & Tune thread but it might take me a while.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:41 am

Just put a new thread up for the dances left to do. Please check and amend any that I've got wrong study
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:00 am

I’m afraid I wasn’t blown away by B.runo’s opening number. Mrs Twirlie said “ He’s not bad. I’ve seen worse”. I thought that “I’ve seen worse” was not at all good enough in his case. The pitching wasn’t great, and I certainly wouldn’t have given him a 10. Not even a 9. Not even an 8.

Saffron and AJ - Samba
Good but not startling. Even so I thought C.raig’s mark was a little low. I’d have given them a 7.

Karim and Amy – Couple’s Choice (Contemporary)
Yes, very, very good but I totally agree with C.raig. Karim is very good technically but he’s much more concerned with showing off how perfect his technique is than anything else. I didn’t feel that he conveyed the required emotion there. I also think he spends too much time away from Amy. We know he doesn’t need her to support him now, but I think she is standing back (literally standing) too much and not dancing with him enough. Everyone on the programme seems to like him so much it gets in the way of their judgement of how good he is.  If he was an ice skater I’d judge him 9 or 10 on technique but 8 on style. 9.

Alex and Neil – Argentine Tango
Alex looked really great tonight. I felt a little sorry for them if they kept getting costumes tangled up with each other. Otherwise, it was a good effort and I enjoyed it a lot. However it could have been much smoother. If she ends up in the DO she’s in real trouble C.raig’s score was ridiculous.
8 from me.

Kelvin and Oti – Couple’s Choice (Street)
The messing about in the kitchen at the beginning really lost them kudos (and C.raig’s marks) in this number. It could have been so much better. Kelvin and Oti were close to showing the attachment of Kelvin and his wife (and with real warmth and charm that was lacking in Karim's dance) without all that “faffin’ about” at the beginning, to use a ism that is The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman's. The short bit at the end, sitting down to the cup of tea was more than enough. The body of the dance though, was stupendous and deserved the high marks. Only the beginning prevents me giving it a 10.

Emma and Housewives choice - Quickstep
This was good enough and she did look amazing, but it was by no means as wonderful as last week in Blackpool. She quite often seemed a bit unsteady. Not bad though. 7.

Chris and Karen - Paso Doble
A little too stompey in places perhaps (is that even a word?) but there was loads and loads of drama to enjoy. Karen choreographed a great number for him and he delivered it with panache. They both looked fantastic as well. (Karen’s skirt – doesn’t she have amazing legs). His dancing has come on by leaps and bounds. With Kelvin and Karim the obvious shoe-ins for the final, we’ve been expecting each week for Chris and Karen to go out. Now it seems he has great public support, and it’s not without the realms of possibility that he might make it into the final. Stranger things have happened. Look at Team Cola! 8.

I enjoyed tonight’s show. Not as stunning as Blackpool of course, but not a complete slump either.

So we’re getting down to the nitty gritty now. No one’s safe and quite frankly there are no celebs who are the obvious “next ones to go”, so who knows.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:32 am

So they have a one in three chance of being in the dance off. And, with two ties on the leaderboard and the last place still getting three points, it really could be anybody. I’m predicting Saffron and Emma with Saffron going home.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

SCD 2019 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: SCD 2019 Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:56 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:

Other thoughts are it gets very tedious when they pull up C.raig because he does not mark high enough for people's likings but whoop and holler when 10's are given when not merited. Sorry but I am at a loss if 10's are given for a minute's dancing in a two minute dance. Rant over.

Agree completely. Although he was overly harsh with one or two last night - he got it on the money for the others in my opinion and thank goodness he is there to temper the 10 fests that we are seeing this year.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

SCD 2019 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: SCD 2019 Tango's LItle Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:01 am

B4p wrote:
Kelvin - Couples Choice
I remember as a teenager some lads trying to do Northern Soul type dancing on a University Rock night. It didn't end well!

lol! lol! lol!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:19 pm

Last night did feel a little flat and empty, despite the two best dancers having couples choices (oh how I dislike those sentimental VTs).  Not sure about the B.runo performance, he doesn't have a great singing voice and I'd hoped he was going to give us some of his disco moves, but no. Am I the only one who cringes when the Terms and Conditions skit comes on? Maybe I'm just an old grump these days, but it feels like Strictly is being dumbed down every year. Anyway,  a few thoughts..
Saffron - tempo of the music was much too slow for a samba. Along with the hideous outfit, I felt Saffron was being thrown under the proverbial bus. Don't know if she's in the DO tonight, but I gave her all my votes to try to save her.
Karim - I'll go against the grain here and say I LOVED this routine, and have watched it several times. I'm not a big Karim fan, but I thought this was his best dance (though there were a couple of timing issues with Amy so not a 10 in my eyes). I prefer the faster tempo to their contemporary, and loved the understated staging for this too. Dance of the night for me by a mile.
Alex - very upright posture, and something about the routine just didn't look nice. A minor point, but I felt she would've benefited from black tights instead of bare legs for all that kicking.
Kelvin - urgh, hideous over-the-top kitchen prop, the dance only took off for me when the lighting changed and they were away from the kitchen. Excuse the pun, but this wasn't my cup of tea.
Emma - the routine didn't wow me, seemed to be too much resting time at the corners. I felt she was overmarked given all the footwork faults she made
Chris - I really liked the music and choreography for this, but can't understand the high scores (even though I really like Chris and hope he stays)

Overall the show felt so short - just over an hour  Sad  I'm afraid I'm still quite 'meh' about this years contestants, and wishing Dev/Dianne and Catherine/Johannes were still in. Haven't seen any spoilers, but I do feel it'll be an exit for Saffron if she's in DO.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:40 pm

jingle wrote:
I'm afraid I'm still quite 'meh' about this years contestants, and wishing Dev/Dianne and Catherine/Johannes were still in. Haven't seen any spoilers, but I do feel it'll be an exit for Saffron if she's in DO.

I quite agree with you. I was sure that Dev/Dianne would be contenders to get into the final, and as for Catherine/ Johannes, well J is such a lovely bloke it was nice just to have them in the competition. Shame.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:39 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Tonight brought it home to me that I'm honestly not really supporting anyone from personal reasons, although one has to be drawn to someone. . That said, Emma has done well and progressed under Housewives choice's ballroom skills which I like, but what have they left and will it be enough.? It looks almost certain that Kel and Karim will battle it out for the bathroom tile trophy unless the world turns on its axis, and fair enough, both have done so well. Alex is my least favourite of the remainder along with Saffron, who I'm not really wild about, but if either turn it on, then good luck to them.

This sums up much how I feel really. I do like Chris but it is clear he just isn't good enough to win. Karim and Kelvin are the best two but the constant drooling over them by the judges and other things just put me off rooting for them and enjoying their dances.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:59 pm

I think out of the two boys I would prefer Kelvin to win. I was rooting for Michelle and Giovanni so now that they have been knocked out I'm more relaxed about who ends up in the Final. I really like A nton and Emma but I'm not that invested in the remaining girls if I'm honest. I prefer Saffron over Alex and I haven't supported Chris although I respect how far he has come. I agree with Jingle and Twirlie that I really wish Catherine and Johannes had progressed further into the competition - she had great potential and I still think that her Rumba was the best of the season.

B4P mentioned about the awful 'thon' !!! Maybe it will happen next week? Although it involves a costume change and next week is a theme night - Musicals. Not sure what week they did it last year?? It would have to be next week now, it can't be the semi-final as there won't be enough of them left this year and they do two dances apiece - I'm sure it is usually the week after Blackpool, done as a time-filler and a way of buncing up points for those they want to see get to the Quarters (cynical - moi? Very Happy) We had the Butlins compere singing of B runo and the extra pro dance this week - perhaps that was the slot and perhaps we're being saved from the 'thon' this year?? Hope so!!!!!!! Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:04 pm

jingle wrote: Am I the only one who cringes when the Terms and Conditions skit comes on?
I thought Tamika was the best of the T&C bunch on Saturday. She really worked it!
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next