Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCD 2019 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread

+7
Moova 12
CaledonianCraig
fiftynotout
mauveangel09
diamondsandpearls
TANGOLERO
B4p
11 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

SCD 2019 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: SCD 2019 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread

Post  Moova 12 Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:50 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:I voted on-line - mine worked ok.   .......

Two other observations tonight...……. I  Didn't like Shirley and Motsi's outfits at all and Shirley seemed as though she had definitely been on the sherry  lol!  lol!  lol!
I struggled with my voting but did get them in.
My daughter asked me if I thought Shirley was tipsy. Totally agreed was like an irritating older woman who had had too much to drink.
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

SCD 2019 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: SCD 2019 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:08 am

B4p wrote:Another pig's ear by the Bubble Bath Company.  Evil or Very Mad
Couldn't get through on the main site to vote, and the phones wouldn't connect for the first 10-15 minutes. I missed the first half of the final trying to get through to vote. I'll have to watch it again later to see the bits I missed. Bleeping annoying!

I eventually mananged to vote online on the website, but it took many attempts and lots of refreshes. Judging by the Twitter feed there were many people experiencing the same problems. (My phone company has barred the phone He is. And we obey him. for voting by phone or text, so I HAVE to vote online...)

It was very galling.

To be honest, I decided not to watch it and then watched from the second dances. Only Oti had put together a dance with any actual show in it, and I fear she bunged a kitchen sink or two in there as well.... The first dance were repeats so I didnt feel I missed much (and judging by the scores they were pretty similar to first time round).

I firmly felt that Karim was the best dancer, but absolutely knew no-one was voting for him (so he got all six of mine).

If Kelvin had done the jive again I might have been swayed, but the Rumba and a week 1 Samba which didn't have any more difficult content added (as far as I could tell) didn't cut it with me. I hate both of those dances anyway, and those routines did nothing to change my opinion. I felt Chris' bittersweet rumba of last week was more enjoyable than Kelvin's thrust-fest, even if Kelvin may have been technically more on it. Sometimes the feel and the essence of the dance count for more. And I felt even Oti was somewhat jerky in their Samba - not even HER best dance! When you compare her and Danny's Samba to that routine you see how lacking it was. Fine for week 1 - very good even - but really not blow-your-socks-off final material. Oti was phenomenal in the kitchen sink dance though - I didnt take my eyes off her and she could have been dancing with James Cracknell for all I knew...

Emma was... facial. Lots of face and lots of musical theatre routines. The Fred n Ginge has been done better by Ore and Joanne. Also, she appeared to have a large bandage swathed around her middle and chest under her dress. Couldnt tell if Housewives choice had messed up the one lift in rehearsals and hurt her ribs or if Vicky Gill used it as some sort of underpinnings... If the latter then Vicky is very cruel - there are far better, far more invisible things than stretch bandage to bind your bosoms... It was otherwise quite a nice dress.

The glitterball went to Lady Viscountess Longleat Emma's dress though. It was utterly gorgeous and to die for. She looked ethereal and lovely - like the Fairy Queen at the Princess' christening (poor old Saffron was stood next to her and in comparison looked like the fairy who had come to bestow the curse on the baby princess... She looked fine in isolation or stood next to others, but she was next to Lady Fairy Princess Longleat Emma for a fair bit of the time - not her best postitioning). I mugged Fairy Lady Viscountess Emma when she went to the dressing room to take it off and now it MINE - ALL MINE!! *cackles off into the distance...*

The End
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:31 am

mauveangel09 wrote: I felt the routine with all the celebs included was much much better than some we have seen in previous years but it also reminded me of how many people went out 'before their time' this year and how there could have been almost a 'parallel universe' contest...……. :

It was a weird one for me because I actually thought that Karim did the best two dances of the night with his QS and Jive - and yet I voted for Kelvin because I enjoyed all his dances - his Showdance was phenomenal and the best by a long way and he had to dance two of the hardest dances in the final - Rumba and Samba  - and I think he did well as he has done across the weeks.

Round 1 Judges Picks
Felt that Karim's dance was the best.  A brilliant QS and he had taken the judges comments on board.  I could see very little gapping.    

Round Two - Showdances
Kelvin and Oti easily won this round for me by a long way and blew me away. For me they won on this dance.  I know that the judges always seem to like compilations that include bits of the different dances that they have learned along the way.This one fitted the bill admirably.

K I really liked A nton and Emma's Showdance - it was a great idea and I  loved the set and the bit with the canes.  I just thought that it could have been  better and could have had more razzamatazz - felt she was a bit nervous and hesitant in parts. Couldn't help thinking about that brilliant Top Hat routine that Gio and Faye did last year -

Round Three - Favourite Dances
Really loved Karim and Amy's Jive - in fact it was all the better for the fact that there were no backing dancers this time - a really memorable routine. Could have done without the blubbing which didn't do him any favours I thought!

You make observations that I also made Mauve!

I was joking with Sid that we were off watching a fantasy final in a parallel universe with Chris, Alex, Catherine and Michelle, where Catherine got 40 for her Beyonce routine and Michelle got 40 for Morticia... Actually, when I saw footage of Dev's Red Routine (which saw him get knocked out) his latin was better at that stage then Alex, Chris or Emma's in latter weeks, so Dev could probably have been a contender too.

Kelvin and Oti's dance was indeed the only real showdance -but on balance didn't make up for the rumba and samba let-down.

I also said that I though that Karim's jive benefitted from not having backing dancers to distract from an already busy routine. I really enjoyed it. I love his QS as well. If Kelvin had also done his QS and Jive then I would have been in trouble in my voting decision, but a) Karim was easily the most pleasing dancer (I didnt even mind his contempowaft, though it was a repeat of Couples Choice and didnt have much Show in it) and b) Kelvin did those horrible latin dances which I just cant see what other people see - he lacks softness and fluidity for the rumba and, as you have also said, the Samba was a jerky week 1 routine. So, I always vote either for the best dancer or the underdog - which in this instance was the same person.

And I also found myself comparing Emma and A nton to Faye and Gio from last year, and really... no competition. Not from a technique side, but from a wow, showstopping side.

Finally, everyone was blubbing and that's fine. Karim actually pulled himself together very quickly when Tess was handing out invisible hankies and said he was fine - he was just coming down from all the emotion he poured into and got out of the dance. Ore blubbed far more in his year. Kelvin blubbed, Oti blubbed. Amy blubbed a bit, Emma a bit more, A nton not much (if at all). I really have no problem with folk showing emotion - better out than in! (As my mother always used to say...)

I am now off to have a quiet sniffle at the end of another series and at all the emotion I have expended on it... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:15 am

Well, as much as I’ve moaned and groaned about bits of this series, I absolutely LOVED the final. There was so much that was so good about it. Even the bits that weren’t so good were good – if you know what I mean.

I’m very glad that Kelvin won in the end, not just because he was my favourite but because I think he deserved it. I agree that he wasn’t as technically proficient as Karim, but he definitely had more heart. (And his “off the cuff” remarks were definitely not in any way glib.)

So:-
Karim’s quickstep was as good as you’d expect. I’m happy for him to get 40 although I thought I did see a little gapping.
I loved their Showdance. It was done well, beautifully choreographed and enhanced by the most wonderful stage managemt/lighting/costume/etc. They made a terrific job of it.
The jive? Well it was just as good as last time, The only thing missing was the backing dancers. Karim and Amy were as good as ever. It still didn't do much for me other than to admire it.

Emma’s dances were much more of a mixed bag. Again the backing dancers were missing from her Charleston, but it was still excellent.
The showdance was much less successful I thought. If she’d had a full week with no other dances to learn, it might have been better. Nevertheless, a fun dance.
The Viennese Waltz, on the other hand was exquisite. It was lovely when they did it first time, but it was even more beautiful in the final.  More than any of the other dances this evening, this brought tears to my eyes. (Soppy – I know, but who cares.)

Kelvin! So much to enjoy here. The Rumba? It was glorious first time around and it was no less so this evening. There was wonderful storytelling and I always thought it deserved higher marks in week 4, but it was too near the beginning for the 10s to come out. It got it’s deserved result tonight.
As for the showdance, well I spent most of the number with my jaw on the floor. I couldn’t believe that it was so fast and so full. It had everything but the kitchen sink in it, but in the most exciting way. Just brilliant. Easily one of the very best showdances that Strictly has ever seen IMO.
Finally, the Samba. THAT Samba. Even better (obviously) than in week 1 but the choreography of the dance shows how amazing he was when he burst upon the Strictly dance floor.
After a short time of thinking she’d have no partner for this year’s competition, Oti must have thought she’d died and gone to heaven when Kelvin hit the rehearsal room. I’m sure Jamie Laing wouldn’t have got so far in the competition far less won it.

I have no problem with the plethora of 10s on show tonight. They were fairly meaningless. C’raig wasn’t going to give them away of course. Fair enough. I thought his 8 for Emma was a bit unnecessary given the circumstances.

I enjoyed the rest of the content of the show as well. All the smaltz which is usually so inappropriate in a normal show, somehow didn’t seem inappropriate here. I have no argument with all the fillers between dances either. The dancers need the time for quick changes. My only slight disappointment was with Taylor Swift. Was her mike not working fully or what. She seemed a little too soft.

Tess and Claud worked well together, although Tess was deeply annoying patronising Karim. There was no need to talk to him as if he’s a little child.  
Fun Fact: - Mrs Twirlie looked up the price of Tess and Claudia’s dresses. She couldn’t find Claudia’s Trousers, but Tess’s dress was over £1,000 and Claud’s blouse was £25.99 from Zara!!!  

I loved Oti’s reaction at the end – and Kelvin’s Dad’s reaction too.  Kelvin’s thanks to Oti and to everyone else on the show was heartfelt, but ultimately the natural reticence of a Lancashire lad stopped him in his tracks.  Oti’s response was one of overwhelming unadulterated joy. She at least managed to verbalise the thrill she felt at winniing and at competing with Kelvin.

Motsi's face was a delight. So pleased for her little sister!

Nothing now to keep us going but the Christmas Special. Roll on Class of 2020
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:55 am

It was a Final that quite encapsulated the series for me. A predictable outcome and nauseating judges acting like lovesick Osmond fans.

I did say yesterday that Kelvin was a nailed on cert and it proved so. For me it was the right result as he had the best showdance and handled two tough dance choices admirably and showed great technique.

Karim is a polished and almost professional dancer by standard but he came in at a very high level. For me there was just something missing from his performances that Kelvin had. Also I was not keen on the contemporary showdance just like I am not keen on contemporary dances per se.

Emma and Ant.on did the three most enjoyable dances of the night for me but it was clear she was just not as rounded a dancer as Kelvin so no complaints from me.

For the love of god though something has to be done with the judges. Throughout the dances seeing Shirley, B.runo and Motsi on their feet acting like lovesick cheerleaders cavorting around is unbecoming and nauseous. Well done to CRH for maintaining his dignity and conducting himself with some decorum. Note again how he was roundly booed because he dared to offer criticism of the golden boys. I am not sure what the solution is but seeing the judges quite clearly have their favourites and gushing over them is not what we should see from judges who are meant to be seen as impartial.

Not a vintage series for me but it had its moments and great dances but the result was on the wall from about a month ago plus I would have liked to have seen more true learner celebs in there.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

SCD 2019 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: SCD 2019 Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:33 am

I was up early as we are going out for the day and caught an interview that Mike Bushell did for Breakfast TV with Oti and Kelvin on the dance floor just after the show had finished last night - he was also in the Hotel that they stay in this morning. It was a great interview and made me think about that one final ITT that we should have on the Monday evening to wrap things up - I know this is always a wish of Sax.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show last night - I will pop back on here later on to read more comments...…………………………….. Very Happy No results show tonight! What will we do???? Crying or Very sad

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:37 pm

Despite my apathy about this years show I enjoyed the final much more than I'd expected. Just like Diamonds, I gave my six votes to Karim who I thought was both the best dancer and the underdog. But I suspect Kelvin has been the voters' winner since day one, and I can understand why.

Overall I thought it was a very good-natured final, and there was a  sense of genuine camaraderie between all the contestants. Definitely not a vintage year, but I'm glad it's been scandal-free and light-hearted.  Also very glad to see Will back on the dance floor, even though he's not ready for dancing yet. A few quick thoughts about last night...

Enjoyed all three judges' pick dances, although my eyes were more drawn to Oti than Kelvin in the rumba. Given the judges pick, Kelvin ended up not doing any ballroom at all, which is a shame I think for a final. I actually preferred Emma's re-worked charleston to the original routine which had backing dancers (although strangely I thought A.nton looked a little awkward, and at one stage lost his place).

Terms and Conditions - oh please, can we keep Tom Allen as a permanent fixture, I just adore him (his latest Live at the Apollo is hilarious).

Enjoyed all three showdances and it was great to have such a variety between them. Just as a matter of personal taste I much preferred Karim's contemporary, and especially liked the confetti fountain prop. I thought B.runo's words of advice to Karim after his showdance were really quite touching- basically a pep talk to accept defeat. Emma's showdance was better than I'd anticipated, although it wasn't in Kelvin or Karim's league. Again, just a matter of personal taste, but I wasn't blown away with Kelvins showdance - all too fast and furious for me.

All couple's choices were excellent, and the VT's weren't too sentimental, I don't mind people crying at the final anyhow- it's an emotional time.

Apparently the Taylor Swift part was pre-recorded a few weeks ago, so I'm not sure why they hadn't corrected the volume issues. Could hardly hear her. I loved the pros dancing to her song though, and particularly Aljaz and Janette who I think are a joy to watch.

C.eleb group dance was all good fun (but oh, seeing Dev, Michelle, Catherine.... I'd happily join Diamonds and Sid in their alternate universe with a different set of finalists)

Only slight annoyance of the evening for me was the filler just before the results were announced, which was pre-recorded judges analysing each finalist. Why bother with this, the voting had closed so there didn't seem to be any point to it. I would've much preferred another pro dance, or even B.runo singing again.

Results -  really liked Kelvin's lack of triumphalism and his emotion at the end, I'm sure his consistently down-to-earth attitude was part of his appeal.

Well, imo it was a good ending to a distinctly average series, but nonetheless it's always been a pleasure to be able to come here and share thoughts with all you lovely, like-minded people. I do enjoy our forum, Strictly wouldn't be the same without it. Apologies that I've been somewhat grumpy this year, sometimes I do have to remind myself that it's just a TV show!  Like others have already said, I think a last ITT would help with the Strictly withdrawl symptoms. Can't believe it's over for another year Sad
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:16 pm

Thus another season of Strictly slides by. A good Final evenings entertainment and thanks to all involved for the effort, production (the special effects and lighting were amazing) and atmosphere and I'm happy enough with the result. Emma was a real competitior and put in a terrific effort but she was never taking the bauble home on performance. Housewives choice let me down more than a bit by opting for the canes routine because anything with syncopation that is half a hearbeat out is gruel for Ebenezer H orwood. He was right of course and as early as ten seconds into Emma's first dance I hissed a silent "shxt" in frustration, not quite sure if A nton or Emma was guilty. Fred Astaire practised every routine to distraction and that whole routine wasn't different enough for an occasion like this, and the Vienese waltz, elegantly lovely as it was, was more refined than thrilling on a night that called for rebel-rousing. . I loved Emma's commitment in all their dances and neither she nor Housewives choice should feel less than thrilled with their contribution or final placing.

You all saw what you saw and everybody's opinions are as good as the next person, which makes my own acceptable. Kelvin, an actor by trade ( I totally raise my hat to him) won't stay with dance unless he's prepared to reshape his Mr Universe physique and, in truth I still don't see how flying press-up have much to do with dance. Contemporary is muscling its barefoot way past much of what has been the norm for so long and there feels to be strong European winds combating those of the Americas and Caribbean. At least my lifetime won't see the demise of the golden era that I've loved for so long.

Kerim will undoubtedly have a dance/showbusiness career, and maybe I'm not his greatest fan for reasons beyond any real explanation. He just doesn't set me alight. Maybe I'm a little too much "spade a spade" man (must be my Irish family and ancestors) but he just isn't my bottle of Guinness in the same way that Michael Flatley isn't my favourite Irish dancer.

The judges (pass) except to say "impartial" isn't quite their description. Matters not now and the dies are all cast. Many thanks to all here for some great commenting and a chance to wish you all the very best for the Christmas season.

xx
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

SCD 2019 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: SCD 2019 Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:56 pm

Great to read everyone's comments today.   Feel a little flat that there is no results show and that's it for another year - all over.  As we've all said - not the best of years, but then after 17 series there have been others like this and we can only hope for a better one next year.  All things being relative, this one has had its moments and as Jingle commented, it has been good to see the camaraderie and good natured feeling to much of the series - contestants like Will Bayley were a joy and it was nice to see some different pros in the spotlight.       Last night was thoroughly enjoyable.

I'll 'lurk' for a few more days as I've so enjoyed our forum once again - we really must keep going!! It has been brilliant as usual to read all your comments and to share Strictly with you  - it just wouldn't be the same without you.      At least we'll have our fix on Christmas Day - which I am looking forward to.  I hope also that we can enjoy some chat again around 'Dancing on Ice' which starts on the 5th January.

In the meantime -  I wish every one of you a very Happy Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year   xxxxxxxxx

santa santa santa rendeer rendeer rendeer Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven : cheers cheers

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:19 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:

I'll 'lurk' for a few more days as I've so enjoyed our forum once again - we really must keep going!! It has been brilliant as usual to read all your comments and to share Strictly with you  - it just wouldn't be the same without you.      At least we'll have our fix on Christmas Day - which I am looking forward to.  I hope also that we can enjoy some chat again around 'Dancing on Ice' which starts on the 5th January.

In the meantime -  I wish every one of you a very Happy Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year   xxxxxxxxx

santa santa santa rendeer rendeer rendeer Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven : cheers cheers

So I've read about the final as chose not to watch it as felt Kelvin would win at all costs. I've loved reading comments about the final and may settle to watch the final I recorded in between Mince Pie santa Turkey rendeer overload tv viewing.
I so wish to lurk in Dance On Ice forum on here! Where will it be posted?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:21 pm

Wishing everyone a Merry, happy and peaceful Christmas. I hop🎅 rendeer rendeer flower e 2020 oh my just got used to writing 2019 is a healthy and positive one for all. santa
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:04 pm

Saxonsiren :I so wish to lurk in Dance On Ice forum on here! Where will it be posted?

Oh please please do join us Sax (and anyone else interested). Last year I think it was mostly just Tango, Mauve and myself - definitely the more the merrier. There's a good DOI line up this year, though I read that Michael Barrymore has broken his wrist so is being replaced by Radzi from Blue Peter (tbh I'd much rather have Radzi anyhow).  We open the thread in early January in the Strictly Anything Else heading below.

I hope you do get around to watching the Strictly final, even though you know the outcome. Even though they were a competitor short, I thought the two hours flew past.  Missing it SO much, it's the same withdrawal every year Sad

In the meantime, wishing everyone a Fab-u-lous Christmas santa rendeer :king

Edit - oops, something went awry when I tried to use quote.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:36 pm

And where do I post all my comments on the Strictly Christmas Special?!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:32 pm

Why not Here? I shan't read it yet though, as I still have to watch it on catch up.

BTW, Merry Xmas one and all.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:26 pm

I also watched it on catch up - but today.

So...

I thought Gemma and Gorka were adorable together and Gemma cracked out a very reasonable jive. I enjoyed the routine and thought Gemma looked gorgeous in her simple playsuit which was subtly Santa-themed (and loved the matching baby-gro they gave her. I'm full of Christmas soppiness - leave me alone...)

I rolled my eyes at Mark Wright. He clearly went to the Kelvin school of thrusty hips and because he is well-muscled and Jannette is the size of a Barbie Doll (possibly she is an actual Barbie Doll) the routine consisted of him just flinging her about over his head. He doesn't really dance - just does the moves and thrusts at regular intervals. And then he played keepy uppy with Jannette who seems keen to swap being a doll with being a ball (but she obviously likes being chucked about a lot. Strange.)

And then Chizzy totally cheered me up! She was magnificent :-) And she showed a different and rather sweet side to Graziano. They would have been a nice pairing in a series I feel. Itwas by no means perfect, but it was joyous and actual dancing (as opposed to doing the moves). She made that tasselly dress shimmy for England and when she did the splits I stood up and applauded. She looked like she was having a ball, and her rhythm and musicality just carried the dance. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed that more than Mark Wright channeling his inner cat and tossing Jannette around like a mouse he has just caught (is that even dance I might ask?)

I wasn't watching Richard. He was dressed in green fur, so even if I had have watcched him I wouldn't have been able to see any dance. But I was transfixed by Luba in her perky gingham dress and topknot. I have no idea what dance it was mind, but Luba was great.

Joe was incredibly competent - I'd genuinely forgotten that he always showed glimpses of really being able to dance. I thought he and Dianne were actually quite cute together, and I liked the routine with the smattering of Quickstep. It wasn't a perfect ten (gapping on the QS and out of synch at at least one point in the Street commercial) but it was very pleasing and I really enjoyed it.

Kevin is to ballroom what A nton is to Latin. But thankfully Debbeh knew what to do. It wasn't the most exciting routine I've ever seen for a Quickstep (SO disappointed Gio didn't partner her and choreograph their dance) and the jumpers were beyond awful (and surely boiling hot for bouncing around the ballroom like a show pony doing dressage?). However, Debbeh is a fantastic dancer - knocks this year's contestants into a cocked hat - and absolutely deserved to win. Again, I was SO disappointed Gio didn't get the win and Kevin got something else to brag about, but hey ho.

So, quite an enjoyable evening. I was left in a MUCH better mood than most of this series - can you tell?! (Also, I have had an evening watching the gorgeous, beautiful Mackenzie Crook rendering of Worzel Gummidge and the beautiful and heartwarming Paddington 2 film, so... all warm and fuzzy Very Happy Very Happy )
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

SCD 2019 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: SCD Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:21 am

diamondsandpearls wrote:I also watched it on catch up - but today.

So...

I thought Gemma and Gorka were adorable together and Gemma cracked out a very reasonable jive.

I rolled my eyes at Mark Wright. He doesn't really dance - just does the moves and thrusts at regular intervals. And then he played keepy uppy with Jannette who seems keen to swap being a doll with being a ball (but she obviously likes being chucked about a lot. Strange.)

And then Chizzy totally cheered me up!  She was magnificent :-) And she showed a different and rather sweet side to Graziano. They would have been a nice pairing in a series I feel. Itwas by no means perfect, but it was joyous and actual dancing (as opposed to doing the moves). She made that tasselly dress shimmy for England and when she did the splits I stood up and applauded. She looked like she was having a ball, and her rhythm and musicality just carried the dance. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed that more than Mark Wright channeling his inner cat and tossing Jannette around like a mouse he has just caught (is that even dance I might ask?)

I wasn't watching Richard. He was dressed in green fur, so even if I had have watcched him I wouldn't have been able to see any dance. But I was transfixed by Luba in her perky gingham dress and topknot. I have no idea what dance it was mind, but Luba was great.

Kevin is to ballroom what A nton is to Latin. But thankfully Debbeh knew what to do. It wasn't the most exciting routine I've ever seen for a Quickstep (SO disappointed Gio didn't partner her and choreograph their dance) and the jumpers were beyond awful (and surely boiling hot for bouncing around the ballroom like a show pony doing dressage?). However, Debbeh is a fantastic dancer - knocks this year's contestants into a cocked hat - and absolutely deserved to win. Again, I was SO disappointed Gio didn't get the win and Kevin got something else to brag about, but hey ho.

I have to say that large parts of your post exactly echoed my thoughts Diamonds - hence the quotes above.

Gemma and Gorka - Yes I think they did well overall - and for me a tad undermarked.

Mark and Janette - Ditto exactly everything you've said!! He was always one of those contestants who for me punched above his weight and got further than his abilities warranted.

Chizzy and Graziano - lovely performance - such a shame that she went out before her time in the main contest but one of those really good choices for the Xmas Special who deserved another go! Have to say that I have warmed more to Graziano over the course of this series.

Richard and Luba - Rolling Eyes Not particularly pleasant to watch. His costume made it even worse. Poor Luba drew the short straw again! However, at least he seemed to be enjoying himself.

Joe and Dianne - Haven't changed my mind about them since last year, when they were not my favourite couple. Thought this routine was boring but just knew they'd get a row of 10s but the campaign to make them 'winners' failed I'm glad to say with Debbeh trouncing it. I know that sounds un-generous for the Xmas season but I feel on principal that couples from the last year of the contest shouldn't be asked back so quickly - particularly finalists. They will always have an advantage on those who haven't done the contest for a few years. I prefer to see people who have had more of a gap personally.

Debbeh and K evin - I agree wholeheartedly with your comments Diamonds - I laughed out loud. He has his one ballroom signature move - the continuous pivots that go into every ballroom n umber - and yes it would have been lovely to have seen Gio get the win - but the pros that get knocked early obviously have to earn their salary by being in the Xmas show! I was just so happy that Debbeh was on form and justly won that I overlooked the K evin factor a bit Laughing Laughing Those costumes must have been really hot - would have been better if the jumpers had come off at some point to reveal nicer tops underneath.

It wasn't the greatest Christmas Special for me and I'm sure the costumes are usually more glam but I saw it live through a haze of booze tbh - and overall thoroughly enjoyed having my Strictly Christmas 'Fix' Very Happy

Hope you're all enjoying the Festive Season...………………. santa santa

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:43 pm

I've put a thread on 'Strictly Anything Else' for Dancing on Ice 2020 xxx

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21