Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

+8
Twirlie
diamondsandpearls
B4p
David Tee
fiftynotout
TANGOLERO
MissingLilia
Moova 12
12 posters

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 16 Empty Re: SCD 2020 Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:19 pm

.........before I did that big sign-off I meant to say that I am off now to vote for Lewis Hamilton in the BBC Sports Personality contest. 'Arise Sir Lewis'...................... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 16 Empty Re: 2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

Post  Twirlie Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:54 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:

Despite all the niggles, I really enjoyed the series and I rather enjoyed the more pared down format

Talking of "pared down", I especially enjoyed that the VTs preceding the dances were mostly from the studio instead of some nonsensical trip out somewhere. They still had to put in an excess of messages from friends and relatives. I don't suppose modern technology will allow that to stop.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 16 Empty Re: 2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

Post  saxonsiren Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:14 pm

santa rendeer rendeer

Its a difficult time this Christmas for all of us in the UK, re One Day to see family & friends. Whether its by Zoom, Facetime or in person I wish you all a Merry Christmas. May you enjoy your day and stay safe.
Been lovely to catch up & Ill linger round after Crimbo in case people want to chat re That Dance Show on The Slidey Floor.

Lots of love

Sax xxxx
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 16 Empty Re: Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:56 pm

'slidey floor' LOL! xx

That would be me Sax! And Jingle too I would think........and Mr T I hope......In fact it would be great if everyone came over to the DOI thread................xxxxx pretty please!

mauveangel09

saxonsiren likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:14 pm

Count me in for the slidey floor too! I'm looking forward to it - saw the list of c.elebs and I think Ski Sunday's Graham Bell is among them...will be really interesting to see how a skier copes on ice.  Also, Jason Donavan is one of the names I think, he's always good to watch.

Also, looking forward to the Strictly top 25 on Christmas day (though it's on very early, 4.45pm).  Hopefully they'll show plenty of the routines and not too much talking. Very curious to see who gets the n.umber one slot.
jingle
jingle

saxonsiren likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:25 pm

Sorry I am so late to offer my thoughts on the final.

I was very surprised but delighted that Bill won. Sure he wasn't the best dancer on the night but he was by far the best learner and, that in my eyes, is what the show should be all about. Maisie was the best dancer but she was a fairly polished dancer from the outset due to attending dance school when younger. So best learner was Bill and best dancer in the series was Maisie.

It was an enjoyable series that seemed far more relaxed what with no hooping and hollering audience. It was just a great yo have any series at all considering the circumstances and agreed fully with Motsi when she said this.

It msy not have been the absolute best final but it was damned hard to call. I did not think it was helped that final was polluted with couples choices dances but hey ho.

Roll on 2021 and hoping for a far better year for us all.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

saxonsiren, Twirlie and mauveangel09 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:23 pm

I quite enjoyed the Top 25 on Christmas day, but the imbalance of selections was glaringly obvious. The 25 included 6 jives, 5 salsa, 3 samba, 3 charleston, 2 cha cha cha, 2 showdance, 1 argentine tango, 1 paso, and only one american smooth and one waltz. Not a single viennese waltz, foxtrot or quickstep, which is unbelievable. I'm not sure who selected the shortlist but did wonder if it was biased from the off.

I know we all say it every year, but I wish Strictly would revert back to the alternating ballroom/latin dances, to make sure the show is balanced. Also, I wish they would bin the couples choice (or keep it to a single week for all contestants, minus the sob story VTs)

Anyhow, enough grumbling! Hope you all had a lovely Christmas, and like CC has said, lets hope 2021 is a better year for all of us

jingle
jingle

TANGOLERO likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:57 pm

Totally agree with that Jingle. Fine as the dances were, they were totally biased in their lack of ballroom classics. Enjoyable, yes, but surely an indication of change in Strictly's format. Perhaps the show organisers think they can do this at will? I'd say beware what you fiddle with if that's the case. Time will undoubtedly tell. Great year on the forum and thanks to all for the great enjoyment and entertainment here. Best wishes for 2021 to all and see you next time God willing.. cheers cheers cheers
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 16 Empty Re: SCD 2020 Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:23 pm

Like you, I really enjoyed the Christmas show but I also thought how surprising it was that there weren't more ballroom n umbers included - there have been a quite a few classic Tangos over the years, I'm surprised that not one of them made it - and some memorable Viennese Waltzes and Foxtrots - but no, once again we have an overdose of the jive which seems a bit suspect as we had the jive all the way through this last series! Shocked

I suppose you cannot argue with a selection of dances that were voted for by GBP but it did seem strange that some of those routines are the ones that are always trotted out when clips from previous years are shown Shocked How many times have we seen that clip of Tugboat Annie being dragged across the floor? It was a waste of a slot - Who voted for that? (probably the people that voted her all the way through to Blackpool I suppose Laughing ).

Again, in case this sounds negative, I did really enjoy it and I was so glad to see most of the routines again that were included. I was reminded of how sensational was the Danny Mack and Oti Samba. It was so nice to see the Alisha and Matthew Cha cha which I loved at the time - and nice in fact to see Alisha on the programme full stop. It was also lovely to see B rucie - I was reflecting that even though he was past his best by the end, he really did take something away from the show when he went. I was also really glad that Camilla and Tom's Showdance made the cut.

I would have liked to have seen Karen and Mark's Argentine Tango rather than the salsa - good as it was and with the now famous microphone malfunction - same goes for Debbie and Gio - their salsa was breathtaking and I guess that GBP have remembered this one but I preferred their classic Tango or sublime Argentine Tango - however, these are just personal preferences.

So its all wrapped up for another year and I hope to see everyone over on the DOI thread in January.

I hope you've all managed to enjoy this rather different Christmas and that you and your families are all safe and well - have a great New Year and let's all drink a toast to a better 2021.

Keeeeeeeep dancing
Mauve
x

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16