Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

+8
Twirlie
diamondsandpearls
B4p
David Tee
fiftynotout
TANGOLERO
MissingLilia
Moova 12
12 posters

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 5 Empty Re: 2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:36 pm

Twirlie wrote:MOVIE WEEK

Motsi’s beginning to really annoy me. Most of her comments are just meaningless flattery when you can understand what she’s saying through her gabbling speech, and her scores are consistently overinflated. Bring back The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman. Bring back Darcy. Bring back Arlene (who should never have left.) Even bring back Alisha. Anyone but Motsi.

Bring back Silver tongued Italian Stallion? Or is that stretching it too far for you? Laughing
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 5 Empty Re: 2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

Post  jingle Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:13 pm

Sorry I'm late to the party today - great to read everyone's verdict on movie week. Overall I enjoyed it, although those hip-thrusting gnomes were the stuff of nightmares for me. Please never dress Janette in a Heidi outfit again, and I found Hrvy-gnome more than a little creepy with those whiskers. Shudder.

I really enjoyed the opening Bond pro dance, thought it was the best use of the CGI yet.

Dance of the night for me was, as usual, Maisie. Loved the routine, the music, the dress

All my votes however went to Clara who I think has been consistently undermarked. I love that she injects so much gusto into her routines, in many ways I think it'd be a shame if she gets too self-conscious about technique.

It's the results show in 15 minutes ... like many here I'm assuming that Jason will be in the dance-off and exit. I felt that giving him a paso was similar to giving Jacqui a samba - doomed to fail. And like Mauve said, the celebratory Star Wars music doesn't suit a paso - plus the addition of those awkward light-sabre props. I don't know how much of that was Luba's choice, but it fell flat. Whereas the theme and music for Bill's paso was inspired, and although I haven't liked Bill's dances up to now I really enjoyed that routine.

Back soon...

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 5 Empty Musicals Result Show

Post  B4p Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:24 pm

A beautiful Remembrance Sunday opening. I loved that they included a picture of Captain Tom. I enjoyed the musicians and Nadiya & Graziano's dancing. I'm guessing they pre recorded that along with the canned applause.

Dance 0ff - I'm not surprised those two were in the bottom two. Both upped their game the second time around, but I didn't think there was really that much between them. Both were stompy. Jason had very little body shaping. Nicola was marginally less flat footed. Unless she steps up a gear, she may be in trouble again next week.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:29 pm

Well, like last week, the exitee was a shoo-in. Jason Bell exits in a dance-off against Nicola Adams. Both couples upped their levels in the dance-off but it was still no contest.

I do feel sad for Jason as he seemed really enthusiastic and eager to learn and I can't help feeling there was a dancer in there but it needed a better teacher to bring that out for me. He never looked like he'd been told the basic rules of the dance by Luba and was left to sink or swim - inevitably he sunk. Sad.

Next week it will be very interesting as there are no stand-out weakest links now so the exitee will not be so clear cut. At present I'd say Nicola, Jaimie and perhaps Caroline are in the danger zone.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 5 Empty Re: 2020 Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:25 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:

I do feel sad for Jason as he seemed really enthusiastic and eager to learn and I can't help feeling there was a dancer in there but it needed a better teacher to bring that out for me. He never looked like he'd been told the basic rules of the dance by Luba and was left to sink or swim - inevitably he sunk. Sad.

That sums it up CC. Not entirely unexpected that Jason was in the DO I just wasn't sure who would join him and I wasn't certain of whether Nicola had a popular vote. They did both up their game in the DO in fact I thought Jason danced a lot better and I would probably have saved him tbh.

I loved the Vera Lynne tribute and to be honest the bit that they danced in the studio could have gone on a bit longer for me - likewise the Ave Maria instrumental and dance was beautiful. I always look forward to what Strictly comes up with for Remembrance Sunday and this year was no exception.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:58 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:They did both up their game in the DO in fact I thought Jason danced a lot better and I would probably have saved him tbh.
I agree mauve. I thought Jason just edged it, but it looks like the show is hanging onto Tweedledee and Tweedledum for a bit longer. I think Jamie and Caroline could both out dance Nicola next week unless they both made a total hash of things.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:15 pm

jingle wrote:And like Mauve said, the celebratory Star Wars music doesn't suit a paso -  plus the addition of those awkward light-sabre props. I don't know how much of that was Luba's choice, but it fell flat.

(And I also said it -but maybe not here. I forget where I have said things, because I say so much in so many places. But I defintiely said it to my cousins and I definitely said it on Twitter. More than once...)

I don't feel it was any way, shape or form Luba's choice. She could barely contain her disdain for the the light sabres and all the Stars Wars guff when they were filming the intro VT. I think that was their downfall. I certainly would have said The Good The Bad and The Ugly wasn't the right fit for a Paso (and indeed, I said it elsewhere, ealrier in the week. Who knows to whom...) But Oti went with it and turned it onto an amazing routine that was very Paso, encompassed the the cowboy theme (for a paso!) and was an utter crowd pleaser. I think Luba more or less thought (in Russian) 'Heavens to Betsie, what on earth am I going to do with that? Jason seems to want to play with those silly light sabres, I guess I'll just do some stuff where those get waved about a bit and put in a couple of paso steps and... oh god, I'm bored now. Star Wars for goodness sakes!" Or something very similar and perhaps less polite.

I think her other downfall was not reigning in Jason's enthusiasm and probable sportsman tryhard "I can do that!". She needed to do simple, basic routines that he could master and perfect - like Amy is doing marvellously with JJ. He was so floppy for the paso - he almost made no attempt at the shaping. If she had spent the whole week on that, plus a few basic paso steps repeated over the dance, I think they would have achieved more. I don't think she wanted the props but they could have had a nod to them by just bringing them on in the beginning for 5 seconds and then getting rid.

Poor Luba and poor Jason. I loved Jason. He was sweet, enthusiasticand a gentleman. He was no worse (I felt) than Nicola in the dance off, but he had to perform the worst routine. And so he had to go Sad Sad Sad

As for Nicola - I feel that Jive revealed her limitations. I think Katya was thinking she would be able to get up to all sorts of choreographic shenanigans and that seemed borne out in week one, when they were swapping leads at every eye blink. But at the end of this show, when they have a few words to camera after the boot, Katya seemed a bit strained and her smile stretched a bit thin when they were talking about next week, because it is clear that Nicola isn't as versatile or as technically adept as Katya might have hoped. That jive routine was not choreographically amazing, so it must have been all that Nicola could cope with, as though Katya doesn't always hit the spot for me, she is undoubtedly a talented choreographer.

Oh well, we shall see...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:23 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:

That sums it up CC.  Not entirely unexpected that Jason was in the DO I just wasn't sure who would join him and I wasn't certain of whether Nicola had a popular vote. They did both up their game in the DO in fact I thought Jason danced a lot better and I would probably have saved him tbh.

I loved the Vera Lynne tribute and to be honest the bit that they danced in the studio could have gone on a bit longer for me - likewise the Ave Maria instrumental and dance was beautiful.  I always look forward to what Strictly comes up with for Remembrance Sunday and this year was no exception.

The very sound of Vera Lynn's voice makes me cry, and as for the dance to Ave Maria on strings - I was sobbing uncontrollably. I was exhausted, dried out and puffy by the end of all that. I'd had emotional morning with my Mum, who has dementia and doesn't usually remember that my dad died. But this morning she was full of memories of him (pure coincidence that it was remembrance sunday, but so very apt) and how they were always together and each other's one true love, and so I was already wrung out from that.

I notice it is always Amy who takes the lead in Remembrance Sunday dances. Just an observation. She's lovely and always does it justice.

Anyway, an emotional results show for me.

And then they booted Jason! Sad Sad Sad
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:26 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:

Bring back Silver tongued Italian Stallion? Or is that stretching it too far for you? Laughing
No, bringing back Silver tongued Italian Stallion doesn't bother me, quite the reverse. In fact isn't he supposed to be appearing live for the last few shows after the American Dancing with the Stars finishes?
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:36 pm

I am concerned about the lack of Tango's presence, especially on this thread. Does anyone have a way to message him directly on another medium? I really hope he is ok.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:01 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:I am concerned about the lack of Tango's presence, especially on this thread.  Does anyone have a way to message him directly on another medium? I really hope he is ok.

I don't but didn't someone say they came across him posting mainly on Twitter?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:03 pm

I'm worried about his absence too Diamonds, it's not like him at all. I thought a few weeks ago that I saw his name as logged in, but then he didn't post anything so perhaps I was mistaken. Just hope everything is all right with him and his family, it's such a worrying time. Also Sax hasn't reappeared, as well as Allsewn.  I don't have contacts for any of them I'm afraid.

Just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear about your mum, dementia is such a heartbreaking condition. It was poignant that she had all those memories on remembrance day, but I'm sure such a wrench for you. I'm glad you're able to visit her, the restrictions this year have been so difficult. It's going to be a very strange and quiet Christmas for a lot of families this year.

flower flower
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:22 pm

jingle wrote:I'm worried about his absence too Diamonds, it's not like him at all. I thought a few weeks ago that I saw his name as logged in, but then he didn't post anything so perhaps I was mistaken. Just hope everything is all right with him and his family, it's such a worrying time. Also Sax hasn't reappeared, as well as Allsewn.  I don't have contacts for any of them I'm afraid.

Just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear about your mum, dementia is such a heartbreaking condition. It was poignant that she had all those memories on remembrance day, but I'm sure such a wrench for you. I'm glad you're able to visit her, the restrictions this year have been so difficult. It's going to be a very strange and quiet Christmas for a lot of families this year.

flower flower

You can check on member's last visit on the Memberslist. TANGOLERO last visited on 29th of August this year. Saxonsiren last visited around Cristmas last year and Allsewnonbyhand has not visited since January 2019.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:23 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:

Diamondsandpearls mentioned that Sid was now on Twitter. Like everyone else I hope Tango, Sax and Allsewn are OK. They're definitely missed.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:30 pm

Twirlie wrote:
No, bringing back Silver tongued Italian Stallion doesn't bother me, quite the reverse. In fact isn't he supposed to be appearing live for the last few shows after the American Dancing with the Stars finishes?

Yes Twirlie, Br uno should return to the show after the American Series ends. Whether he'll have to go into quarantine I don't know.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:34 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:You can check on member's last visit on the Memberslist. TANGOLERO last visited on 29th of August this year. Saxonsiren last visited around Cristmas last year and Allsewnonbyhand has not visited since January 2019.
I remember, Tango also gave his real name about 4 years ago on here when he was about to have another 'sword & sandals' book published. It may still be on this forum website somewhere. I'm sure his books were for sale on Amazon.  The name Derrick rings a bell.

sax wasn't in good health last season, I hope she's ok. Isn't she based in Spain? Many on the member list have a facility to send a private message which might be useful?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 5 Empty Re: 2020 Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:43 pm

If Mr T visited on the 29th August of this year then it suggests he was intending to post this season Question which is really strange - whereas Alles and Sax haven't visited for some time.

Has anyone sent a PM to him? He might get this through email alerts. I didn't think he rated Twitter, but I might be wrong there.

I really hope that they are all ok.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:46 pm

Twirlie wrote:

Diamondsandpearls mentioned that Sid was now on Twitter. Like everyone else I hope Tango, Sax and Allsewn are OK. They're definitely missed.

Ah yes me confusing Sid with TANGO. Sorry.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:47 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:

The very sound of Vera Lynn's voice makes me cry, and as for the dance to Ave Maria on strings - I was sobbing uncontrollably.  I was exhausted, dried out and puffy by the end of all that.  I'd had emotional morning with my Mum, who has dementia and doesn't usually remember that my dad died.  But this morning she was full of memories of him (pure coincidence that it was remembrance sunday, but so very apt) and how they were always together and each other's one true love, and so I was already wrung out from that.
I also find that version of Ave Maria very moving. My mother has been in a care home since May, she has Alzheimers. I managed to wave at her through a closed window for her 87th birthday (wearing a face mask), but no visitors are allowed. She doesn't really understand why she isn't allowed out to see us. I heard her tell the staff 'I only want to give them a kiss'. It's not easy trying to communicate via the telephone. Crying or Very sad
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:15 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:

Sid. That's Sid on Twitter. Sax and B4p are there too, as am I, but I don't think Twitter would be up Tang's street... Laughing
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:30 pm

B4p wrote:
I also find that version of Ave Maria very moving. My mother has been in a care home since May, she has Alzheimers. I managed to wave at her through a closed window for her 87th birthday (wearing a face mask), but no visitors are allowed. She doesn't really understand why she isn't allowed out to see us. I heard her tell the staff 'I only want to give them a kiss'. It's not easy trying to communicate via the telephone. Crying or Very sad

Not dissimilar to my situation with my Mum. She has been in the Care Home for a couple of years. She has a concoction of different types of dementia, but not Altzheimers. I managed to see her In July but things have been against me since and I've had two visits cancelled. I was set to visit her this coming Wednesday for her birthday, but as I live 6 hours drive away, I need to stay overnight which isn't allowed under lockdown rules. We do ok on the phone, and I've been promised a video call on Wednesday, but it's not the same is it? I do feel for you - it's very hard. x
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:42 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:I am concerned about the lack of Tango's presence, especially on this thread.  Does anyone have a way to message him directly on another medium? I really hope he is ok.

I may have an email address from Mr T ill check my old emails. I do hope Tango and family are ok.

I felt wrong pair sent home as Nicola still stomped and Katya just went up a notch re Screeching levels affraid
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:47 pm

cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce
I did literally go 'yaaaaaaay' when I saw your name light up the forum - welcome back Sax, you were very much missed

Like everyone else, just hope Tango and family are all right, if you can find an email contact that'd be great.
jingle
jingle

saxonsiren likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:55 pm

jingle wrote:cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce
I did literally go 'yaaaaaaay' when I saw your name light up the forum - welcome back Sax, you were very much missed

Like everyone else, just hope Tango and family are all right, if you can find an email contact that'd be great.

I echo Jingle's sentiments in theor entirety!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 5 Empty Re: SCD 2020 Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:04 pm

Me too.............. xxx

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next