Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

+8
Twirlie
diamondsandpearls
B4p
David Tee
fiftynotout
TANGOLERO
MissingLilia
Moova 12
12 posters

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 15 Empty Re: 2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:57 pm

Loved James & Pamela's Dances! Vincent oh yes please, Tom & Austin, yes,yes oh Yes please cyclops
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 15 Empty Re: 2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

Post  B4p Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:39 pm

Shocked Who chose these top 25 Strictly dances for the Christmas show? Shocked

Was there a public vote, or just some spotty yoof trawling through the archives?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 15 Empty Re: SCD Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:41 am

B4p wrote:Shocked Who chose these top 25 Strictly dances for the Christmas show? Shocked

Was there a public vote, or just some spotty yoof trawling through the archives?

Well that's the thing B4P - when I read about it I wondered where the public vote was or how you did it - I wondered whether it was via the official SCD website because I don't go on there much these days - only the voting page. I hope that what I read was reliable information - I was going to try to do some more research today. I would really have liked to have voted because I agree if it has been chosen by the unreliable production team we will probably just see the usual clips of Tug Boat A nnie and Russell being fired out of the canon................... Laughing Laughing

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:22 am

This is probably something different, but I voted for a favourite Strictly dance from a list in the Radio Times, although I can't remember what it was for. I think their list was pretty reflective of the classic Strictly routines (and none of the awful comedy ones) although don't think there were as many as 25 to choose from. Maybe I was voting from a shortlist?
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 15 Empty Re: SCD 2020 Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:39 pm

That sounds interesting Jingle....................I looked on the website and all it says is that the dances have been voted by the public - it sounds like you've voted for this - Just out of interest, what did you vote for?? Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:44 pm

I'm not totally sure Mauve, I do remember deliberating over Tom and Camilla's showdance, and a latin by Alesha and Matthew, but think I went for Jay's jive in the end (sorry if Diamonds is reading this, I know you were never a fan of that one).
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:34 pm

jingle wrote:I'm not totally sure Mauve, I do remember deliberating over Tom and Camilla's showdance, and a latin by Alesha and Matthew, but think I went for Jay's jive in the end (sorry if Diamonds is reading this, I know you were never a fan of that one).

This, Jill Halfpenny's Jive, Austins'Paso, Jody's Kidd's Regency waltz, Mark Ramprakesh.. bounce ....so many good ones...
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:26 pm

It's a shame the powers that be didn't use their massive use of social media to get the news out that there was some sort of a vote.
I haven't seen anything on Twitter or the main Beeb site. If it was through the paper TV guides, I think that's unfortunate. I can't remember when I last bought one as most people I know just use the guide on their TV nowadays.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:13 am

B4p wrote:It's a shame the powers that be didn't use their massive use of social media to get the news out that there was some sort of a vote.
I haven't seen anything on Twitter or the main Beeb site. If it was through the paper TV guides, I think that's unfortunate. I can't remember when I last bought one as most people I know just use the guide on their TV nowadays.

I use the Radio Times online listings site to see what's on TV. They have a magazine section if you want to browse but I don't so I didn't see if there was any mention of a vote there. Because of the final, there's a fair number of short articles on the dancers etc. There's even one by Ian Waite on the judges and scoring, and another by Robin Windsor on the value of a Couple's Choice!

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 15 Empty The Strictly Final 2020

Post  B4p Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:42 pm

Round 1

Judges Choice

HRVY.          29

Jamie.         26

Bill.             29

Maisie.        29
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:01 pm

It's been a really enjoyable show, but I've no idea who the GBP's going to vote for. Mrs Twirlie favours Maisie. I really can't make up my mind. I still wouldn't really mind if any one of them won.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:22 pm

I was torn however enjoyed Bill and Oti each week so Ive olumped for 2 votes for him & 1 re Hrvy
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 15 Empty The Strictly Final 2020

Post  B4p Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:23 pm

Round 2

Showdance

HRVY.      29

Jamie.     29

Bill          30

Maisie.     30
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:25 pm

I got a phone call just before Bill's show dance so I'm fast-forwarding through all the endless VT's to catch up!
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:36 pm

Well, well. I thought Bill was popular, but I thought HRVY's popularity would be bigger.   Oh well we've had series before where the best dancer didn't win. Bill definitely wasn't the best dancer but strangely enough I don't begrudge him the glitterball.  I'd have found it very hard to choose between Maisie and HRVY for best dancer, though Maisie might have just edged it.

Another Strictly record. Aliona won the glitterball twice. Oti's won it twice in a row!
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 15 Empty Strictly Final 2020

Post  B4p Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:00 pm

Round 3

Couple's Choice

HRVY.         30

Jamie.        29

Bill.            29

Maisie.       29
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 15 Empty Re: SCD 2020 Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:14 pm

A great show......I enjoyed the Final a lot more than what I thought I might - even taking into consideration the terrible announcements that preceded it (we are now in tier 4).

Felt very conflicted though - I really wanted Bill to win and gave him all my votes but loved HRVY and Janette too, and decided that Chorus Line was my favourite dance of the season, so I would not have minded him winning at all........and then there was Maisie who actually did more pure ballroom and latin tonight than the others and was fabulous. I really thought any of those three could have won in the end.

I'm going to come on again later with my thoughts.......................Can't believe it is all over.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 15 Empty Strictly Final 2020

Post  B4p Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:29 pm

santa Well all the finalists are winners, but the one with the most votes is the novice underdog santa

santa rendeer  cheers Bill Bailey cheers rendeer santa

I am SO pleased. congratulations Bill, you've been brilliant and a pleasure to watch
B4p
B4p

saxonsiren likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:35 pm

And thus it transpired. Great final night and some faultless and incredible dancing by them all.

I never had Jamie down for a winner as well as he did; he just wasn't quite as good as the others.

HRVYS's Hollywood extravaganza with Janette was quite sensational, his street dance ( much as I didn't want it in there) far better than I expected and a class above Jamie's which had too much Street and not enough dance. It's still a partner dance and not individual athletics.

Masie's dancing was, as ever,classy and a delight to watch and I thought the cartwheel at the end of their quick-step a bit risky, but..... At 19 she could still be a pro.

Bill? well, he had the win factor on the night and it was his Tango/Paso show dance that saw him deservedly, for me, lift the glitterball. What he did he did faultlessly and well and threw in some real dance attitude. Lovely guy and a popular winner.

Given the difficult time we are having, the whole show was a triumph of organisation, commitment and entertainment by all involved and superb viewing. So sad it's all over for another year and I've loved the company and comments. I'll stick in my wishes here to you all for the best Christmas you and you families can manage, God willing and may he bless us all.

santa .
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

saxonsiren likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:47 pm

I've only just realised that I put the scores on the 'Honesty' page instead of the 'Dances & Music' page. Oh well - it was the scores - honest Embarassed
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:33 am

Well after worrying about all those Street dances I felt that there was actually a good variety of different dances in the Final. Unfortunately Jamie and Karen's dances didn't do them favours in the sense that they were all very similar and they just weren't quite as good as the other three.

Round 1 - Judges Choice
HRVY and Janette - Jive - 9 - Excellent music and although he could have pointed his toes more (picky) it was a great performance.
Jamie and Karen - Charleston - 8 - I suppose this was his breakthrough dance but I felt I enjoyed it more the first time when it was fresh and they hammed it up. I wish that a ballroom n umber had been chosen for this round, it would have balanced it up a bit more.
Bill and Oti - QS - 9 - Perfect timing as always - good to see this one again. The right choice I felt.
Maisie and Gorka - Samba - 10- Wow! This was one of the best sambas I have ever seen on SCD. Don't think we have seen a Samba in the Final since possibly Zoe? That gorgeous dress too................

Round 2 - Showdances
HRVY and Janette - 10 - Loved Loved Loved this one - loved the music the feel and the Spanish lingo bit in the middle. You could see that Janette had waited 8 years to do this one and it had some great rhythm changes and lifts. Didn't get the Festivals connection - for me it was more New York or Miami.
Jamie and Karen - 8 - Didn't really find this very memorable despite the great music. Anyone 'flying' in to the Final is a bit suspect. Energetic and showed his strength at the side to side stuff...........
Bill and Oti - 10 - This is where he won it for me - a different kind of Showdance, brilliant to see paso in a showdance. I loved the percussive bits, the intricate feet and the tight timing which have come to personify Bill and Oti. So glad that he acknowledged her choreography skills in the speech.......... Then Brian and Roger making an appearance just about made it.
Gorka and Maisie - 19 - I absolutely loved this one. So Fred and Ginger - so Hollywood. Lovely costume and a brilliant routine.

Round 3 - Favourite Dances
HRVY and Janette - 10 - American Smooth - As CRH said, Fab-U-lous! My favourite routine of the entire season.
Jamie and Karen - 8 - more of the same................
Bill and Oti - 10 - This was brilliant to see again - a great piece of dance on all fronts.
Maisie and Gorka - 10 - Enjoyed this more the second time round - they looked lovely - it was excellent

I enjoyed the routine with all the returning Celebs and also the pro n umbers includng the Robbie Williams Barely noticed Katya and Nicola but really enjoyed the show as a whole and I think that they did so well to bring us SCD this year.

Back on tomorrow....................

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:37 am

Re Sambas in the Final - Of course I forgot about Oti and Danny Mack and their Samba.......................

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:58 pm

As finals go I don't think I'll remember any of the 2020 routines as classics. It was a good natured event, and I really like seeing the other contestants as the audience (I know that was out of necessity, but I've felt it was a nice touch all series).  I liked all the finalists equally, and ended up not voting as it really didn't matter to me who lifted the glitterball (though I'm curious to know whether Bill was the runaway favourite from day one -  a pity we never see the voting analysis).   I enjoyed most of the routines, though slightly underwhelmed by the showdances (but loved Oti's blue and red dress). Like Mauve said, it was a pity Jamie didn't get to show any diversity, I would've loved a reprise of one of his ballrooms. My dance of the night was probably Maisie's quickstep, which was perfect as her final dance. Also her samba was fabulous, I think she edged Hrvy as the best dancer.

Anyway, while it won't be etched in my mind as an epic final, I'm massively happy and appreciative that Strictly happened at all this year, with just the hiccup of Katya & Nicola. I imagine it was an extraordinary effort for all those behind the scenes, and such a sacrifice by the contestants and pros to be isolated for so long, just for our entertainment. With this wretched virus still hanging over us like a black cloud, I've really looked forward to each Saturday more than ever, as well as to our forum discussions. Can't believe it's Sunday and there won't be a results show tonight, and no ITT during the week Sad

Just want to wish everyone here a very happy and healthy Christmas, and let's hope that life gets back to some form of normality in 2021 santa
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:46 pm

jingle wrote:
Can't believe it's Sunday and there won't be a results show tonight, and no ITT during the week

It's a terrible feeling, isnt it. Every year it's a terrible feeling.

I'd just like to add that for me,the Finale quote of the night was "and, uh, give Giovanni my number!"   Fab-u-lous!
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:15 pm

I will also really miss the results show tonight Jingle Sad I thought there would be more people on here today. We haven't heard from Diamonds? I think I shall continue to lurk for a few days and maybe post a bit after the Christmas Special Show - hopefully will be interesting!

I think that with the '10s' coming out earlier and earlier in the series, it lessens the excitement factor in the latter weeks of the contest and I would like less to be announced in advance about the dances in the Final which would also create more excitement. That said, I did enjoy the Showdances last night - I was delighted that Bill won but would have been equally happy with HRVY or Maisie.

Despite all the niggles, I really enjoyed the series and I rather enjoyed the more pared down format - also I think that without the opportunities to do too much to excite the paparazzi, it did ensure that the series was much more about the dancing - rather than other distractions!

My series ' lows' would be the bad sequencing of the dances that enabled more than a few of the couples to not do the usual spectrum of both ballroom and latin dances that we would normally expect - it was more than irritating and fed right through to the Final - that and the Couples Choice saga.....................Not sure why Street was rammed down our throats at every available turn this year? It was also the same with the Jive as well. Then there is Shirley and Motsi - that little dynamic also needs looking at for next year................................. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
I also felt that the pro dances lost their way a bit although there were some good ones in there.

Lest this sounds in any way negative, the series itself was the 'high' for me - I think it was absolutely brilliant that they were able to bring us anything at all - so much hard work and sacrifice and it really brightened up what is a dark time for us all. I have loved watching every minute of every week as always, and most importantly it has been so wonderful that our forum has survived. It would just not be the same without it and I do so look forward to our discussions and 'meeting' you all every year. Friendship is so important at this challenging time and long may the forum continue.

Hopefully these times will pass and we can meet next year under much better circumstances for the next series Very Happy I do hope that you and all your families keep well and that everyone manages to have a Happy Christmas - here's to a better 2021 and keeeeep dancing! xxxxxxxx santa santa santa rendeer rendeer

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next