Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

+6
diamondsandpearls
TANGOLERO
CaledonianCraig
mauveangel09
jingle
B4p
10 posters

Page 6 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 6 Empty Re: 2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:17 pm

Twirlie wrote:Greg's out - right decision.

Never seen Karen look so beamy and happy...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 6 Empty Re: Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread 2021

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:14 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:

Oh my goodness!  I have literally JUST said both the things I've highlighted on a twitter discussion!

We are definitely in synch!

Spooky! Glad someone agrees with me though

Very Happy

Definitely the right decision in the dance off last night - although I felt Judi wasn't too good. Feel a bit sorry for her as she didn't get a bounce back vote this week so I think she's on borrowed time unfortunately.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 6 Empty Re: 2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

Post  Twirlie Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:14 am

mauveangel09 wrote:  [Judi] didn't get a bounce back vote this week so I think she's on borrowed time unfortunately.

I agree. I fully expected her to be a fan favourite and continue on past her natural ability. It seems it's not to be the case. If she's in the DO next week, I wonder who's going to be there with her. With Katie, Nina and Greg voted out and Robert withdrawn due to illness, I suppose the obvious candidates might be Dan and Adam, but it can very much depend on the dance now. Adam could be in great danger if he did a dance to the standard of his Rumba again. On the other hand a dance to the standard of his Argentine Tango should see him fly through. The same goes with all the others. I have no idea what the public vote is doing.  Adam and Katya are obviously popular to an extent after being saved from the bottom of the leader board after their Rumba. But you have no idea how great that popularity really is, nor how much of it will carry through as contestants are knocked out and their supporters votes are transfered to other celebs. Exciting, ain't it!   Very Happy  Smile  Sleep
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:49 am

As time goes by..(Gee, that's a song innit?) Very Happy ...I'm more and more convinced the final will be between Tom and Rose. Tom has a combination of raw talent and an army of Scottish insect lovers, and Rose pure nice girl popularity and decent ability. . Yep, I'll go with that. cheers
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:11 pm

I'm also rooting for Tom, but also hope Rose, John & AJ do well.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:55 pm

I am rooting for Tom and Rose too.
I like John but think he might have peaked. His hand was shaking so much last week.

My can’t leave too soon is Rhys now Greg has gone.
Think Judi is getting to the limit. Part of me thinks she would go now.
Ugo and Sara doing the rumba could be real factor this week. I am behind the cushions watcher for that dance ( Carole Vorderman ruined it for me).
I really like Dan and Nadyia together I have never seen her smile so much.

Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:07 pm

Moova 12 wrote:I am rooting for Tom and Rose too.
I like John but think he might have peaked. His hand was shaking so much last week.

My can’t leave too soon is Rhys now Greg has gone.
Think Judi is getting to the limit. Part of me thinks she would go now.
Ugo and Sara doing the rumba could be real factor this week. I am behind the cushions watcher for that dance ( Carole Vorderman ruined it for me).
I really like Dan and Nadyia together I have never seen her smile so much.

We are as one, Moova, on pretty much all of that. Smile

The only possible exception is that I really hope John hasn't peaked and that it was just a week of not being at his best. I a crossing my fingers...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:10 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:As time goes by..(Gee, that's a song innit?) Very Happy ...I'm more and more convinced the final will be between Tom and Rose. Tom has a combination of raw talent and an army of Scottish insect lovers, and Rose pure nice girl popularity and decent ability. . Yep, I'll go with that. cheers
Scottish insects - are you talking about midges? Midge lovers,Tango? I am sure there isno such thing -everyone hates the midge!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:52 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:
Scottish insects - are you talking about midges? Midge lovers,Tango? I am sure there isno such thing -everyone hates the midge!

Oh dear D&p...Macfly.... lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:18 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

Good one Tango. I was about to say 'busted' but that's another group!
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:51 pm

No Judi Love this week. She will miss this week due to testing positive for COVID-19.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:01 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:No Judi Love this week. She will miss this week due to testing positive for COVID-19.
I hope she's not too badly affected. It does put a question mark on the dance-off as many were thinking Judi would be there again.

I hope Ugo's back is going to hold out. He's had anti-inflammatory injections, but they're not going to help if he's continuing to stress his back with a weeks worth of training.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:13 am

So Audi Love's in for an M.O.T. now. Can't remember Strictly as bad as this injury/illness-wise. Wish them all the best and a speedy recovery. Rather coincidental that the injury list (almost as bad as Bolton Wanderers) has been confined to long-odds candidates, but an unfortunate happening and lousy luck for them all. Get well soon guys.. cheers
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:00 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

LOL!!!

Having lived in Scotland, midges are the immediate thing that springs to mind when Scottish insects are mentioned!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:02 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:So Audi Love's in for an M.O.T. now. Can't remember Strictly as bad as this injury/illness-wise. Wish them all the best and a speedy recovery. Rather coincidental that the injury list (almost as bad as Bolton Wanderers) has been confined to long-odds candidates, but an unfortunate happening and lousy luck for them all. Get well soon guys.. cheers

Goodness! They're dropping like flies now...

What's the matter with poor Audi?
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:22 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:

Goodness!  They're dropping like flies now...

What's the matter with poor Audi?

Tested positive for Covid Apparently D&P ..
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:34 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

Tested positive for Covid Apparently D&P ..

Oh no!

There seems to be more covid around SCD Land this year than last year. Are they being as careful?
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:23 pm

I do wonder if all the extra curricular visits that the contestants make are absolutely necessary, e.g. contestants re-visiting their old school or swimming club. Visits to the ITT studio (couldn't these be done remotely?), those still moving back and forth between their other daytime jobs or for TV interviews.
Co-vid figures are high, it's also viral season. Poor Greg has been battling with a chest infection for the last 2 weeks, and that's before those with physical ailments like Robert's heart problems and Ugo's back. I hope the show manages to limp on to the end.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:57 pm

B4p wrote:I do wonder if all the extra curricular visits that the contestants make are absolutely necessary, e.g. contestants re-visiting their old school or swimming club. Visits to the ITT studio (couldn't these be done remotely?), those still moving back and forth between their other daytime jobs or for TV interviews.
Co-vid figures are high, it's also viral season. Poor Greg has been battling with a chest infection for the last 2 weeks, and that's before those with physical ailments like Robert's heart problems and Ugo's back. I hope the show manages to limp on to the end.

I think they were all in very strict bubbles last year (Aljaz and Janette were even separated I seem to remember). And it paid off, because I don'tremember anyone getting covid. Obviously that wouldn't help against a heart condition or a bad back, but I agree, all the extra curricular visits seem very unecessary and are jeoardising the show.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:07 pm

Wasn’t Nicola Adams withdrawal covid related?
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:04 pm

fiftynotout wrote:Wasn’t Nicola Adams withdrawal covid related?
Yes, fifty I believe it was
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:03 pm

fiftynotout wrote:Wasn’t Nicola Adams withdrawal covid related?

Oh god- it seems so long ago I thought she was in it in 2019 and couldn't remember why she dropped out, The pandemic is doing weird things with my time perspective!

But yes, you are right.

And she wasn't allowed back once she had recovered. Unlike Tom, and presumably Audi (I know different rules back then and pre-vaccination...)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:17 pm

The Good

Roses dress and dance were gorgeous. Great choreo from Gio, even if it was a little overblown in the drama department at times.
The baguette Charleston to Milord - never, ever thought it could work, but John was very good indeed.
AJ's lengthy limbs in the AT - didn;t go a bundle on the choreo, but it was very spectacular and dramatice
Tilly's beautiful Foxtrot in a lovely dress
Nadiya still smiling, relaxed and happy with Dan as a dancer (despite getting a dress which had potential and then blew it).
Tess's, Motsi's and Shirley's hair -a great 70s vibe which me and my cousins were lusting after

The Bad
Two many rumbas. In fairness, neither of them were cringefests and Sara did pretty well, even though she left her hips in the dressing room.
The frenetic Foxtrot AS - I'm not warming to Nancy's Choreo
The props
The Nans and cute children (wheeling on other people's now that are no relation. And anyway, Ugo won Cute Kidz Warz in week two or three. Just give up now the rest of you).

The Ugly
Adam's crtotch grab followed by endless thrusting. MY EYES!!! A samba is so much more than hips (and anyway, the hips should be rotational, not forward and back thrusting. We had the same with Kelvin, though his wasn't quite as obscenely cringey). It was this dance which made me run behind the sofa for safety. Most people saw something similar, judging by reactions by my family, friends and in Twitterland, but somehow the judges saw... a reasonable samba.

As ever, an early retirement to bed is necessary due to having get up before the birds. I will come back here after work tomorrow, all agog.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:31 pm

John great loss to woman kind. Ah well! But what a dancer. He is so good.
Rose and Gio loved it.
Tom and Amy good job.
AJ and Kai that woman’s legs! Just amazing!
Rumbas not total cringe.
Nadyia and Dan she is so the devils work .

Not fan of Adam tonight or Rhys
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 6 Empty Week 5

Post  B4p Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:47 pm

Week 5

Dan - V.Waltz. Very decent V.Waltz. He certainly has  a nice upright posture. All the standard steps in there plus the fleckerle. Nice to see his confidence back up this week.

Adam - Samba. Not an easy dance. He gave it a good go. He did have some bounce  and steps in amongst a lot of gyrations. No doubt the spray on jeans were part of the distraction plan. He’s a tryer that’s for sure.

Sara - Rumba. I thought Cr aigs 4 was an insult. I agreed with An ton that this was elegant and classy. The basic steps were visible and I love the way her face lights up when she’s dancing. I like their partnership. If she can push things up to the next level, she should stay around a bit longer. She seemed to freeze towards the end and Alijaz was pushing her foot around into another position. I still can’t see how this was scored 4 points less than Adams.

Tom - Salsa. I really liked this. It was complex, included lifts, was speedy yet he still looked relaxed and kept time. The dark horse moves forward.

Tilly - Foxtrot. I thought this was lovely. Tilly really suits ballroom. Elegant, graceful, clean footwork. I thought her dress and hair also suited the mood beautifully.

AJ - A.Tango. Very intense. I liked her emotional connection to Kai. Some lovely leg lines. I agreed with Cr aig about wanting more following or reaction to Kai’s dance lead. She followed the routine she was given well, but for me I didn’t believe she felt the dance. If you re-watch Rachel & Vin cent’s A.Tango you might see what I mean. If you blindfolded Rachel, she’d still know where Vin cent was by their body connection as well as the emotional one. I noticed their gancho section was danced solo by Kai, then AJ, not together as is usually done. I liked it, but not enough for a 10 for me.

Ugo - Rumba. It’s impossible to flow and have good hip movement when your back is rigid. He tried but it’s time for him to retire and rest.

John - Charleston. I liked this more than I thought I would. Lots of content. For such a muscular build, he’s certainly light on his feet. Good selection of steps and great synchronisation, even on the cartwheel. Bread ‘baton-ography’ arrives! I think 10 was too generous but I would have given it a 9 maybe.

Rose - V.Waltz. Delightful. Shame she didn’t include the fleckerle otherwise I think she would have had more 10s. I love Gio’s choreography and how Rose is adapting to learn to dance. She must be working so hard to combine work and dance. It made me laugh at the end of their training VT when Gio was explaining the plot and Rose clapped at the end when Gio said Rose would walk out on him. He looked genuinely surprised.

Rhys - A.Smooth. He really isn’t taking on board what the judges are telling him each week in that he needs to contain his excitement and learn to control his movement and posture more. For me these two don’t work as a team. He prefers to fly solo but needs to be careful his wings don’t melt. I was surprised that Cr aig gave him an 8 after giving him a fair amount of criticism, then again, Cr aig always says he likes to watch Rhys dance.

For me, the dances of the night were Rose and Tom. My votes went to them and John.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next