Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

+6
diamondsandpearls
TANGOLERO
CaledonianCraig
mauveangel09
jingle
B4p
10 posters

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 18 Empty Re: 2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

Post  Moova 12 Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:38 am

So all done. I was happy for Rose and Gio but would have been equally happy for John and Johannes. AJ was badly missed.
I think John is a brilliant dancer and would love to see him dance with Shirley!
Happy Christmas to you all. I might not often post but I do read them all.
Till next year
Moova 12
Moova 12

mauveangel09 likes this post

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 18 Empty Re: 2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:57 am

Well for all AJ was sorely missed last night it was still a damned good final and congratulations to Rose and Giovanni on lifting the glitterball.

I always felt the glitterball was heading their way and well-deserved it is too. Rose and Giovanni were a great team who had great chemistry, admiration for each other and hard work ethic sprinkled with, of course, dance talent. John and Johannes grew on me as the series went on and John was a very gracious loser. They too, like Rose and Giovanni, had emotive and artistic dances which were their strengths. My only gripe was their overly pushing their sexuality.

It was great seeing the whole cast back together (minus Tilly) for one last dance and thought it was one of the best dances of its kind that I can remember. It kind of backs up what I felt that this series had the highest standard of dance that I can remember.

Always sad when it is all over for another nine months but will look forward to the Christmas Strictly.

santa Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone. santa
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 18 Empty Re: SCD 2021 Tango's Little Bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:42 am

Morning all.
Just going through my withdrawal symptoms as the realization hits that there will be no results show tonight!

I was very happy for Gio last night - as well as Rose. He has come so close so many times and has just done some fantastic work over the years with various people - Debbeh, Faye and even what he did with Michelle Visage. He is so talented in many ways and I think we saw a totally different Gio this year which was great to see. In his early years I found him quite bullish with his partners but he has matured and the fact that he wasn't chasing after Rose made things a lot better. I always look forward to any dance that he choreographs and I think he thoroughly deserves having a share in the Glitterball! Although I wish Gilkerson had just let him get on with it for the Showdance. Showdances have definitely lost their impact these days although I did enjoy both of them last night. Don't know if it was me but both seemed quite short, timewise.

I loved the montage with the other contestants last night and it was a shame that Tilly was not there. Unfortunately I felt she was airbrushed out a bit - I did think it strange that she was not included in the VT where they were all speaking about their experiences - unless this was filmed very late and after she had tested positive.

This year was a memorable year on many levels and certainly had its share of ups and downs and I do applaud the team again for managing to get to the end and bring us a series when COVID is still very much out there. I think this year has also proved that you don't need to have loads of ringers to create a high standard - so many of them with no real dance background and yet we saw some real quality. I need to ponder my series highs and lows now.....................

I am going to be popping in and out during the day to read everyone's posts but for those departing early I wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a Healthy New Year - the forum is a very important part of Strictly for me and I'm so glad we are still going. Looking forward to the Christmas Day Show and dare I say it.............Dancing on Ice anyone?? cheers cheers bounce bounce santa santa

mauveangel09

CaledonianCraig likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:18 am

A fine ending to an unfortunate season. Commiserations to all those who for whatever reason fell by the wayside, and congratulations to the finalist both for a great and entertaining display of dancing. The Bubble Bath Company did well to produce a really good show against the odds. Great shame for A.J and Kai as their Hollywood quickstep would have been the icing on the confectionery and I felt it a real candidate for dance of the series. Loved the pro-dancers show opener and thoroughly enjoyed it all. I'll take this opportunity to wish everyone a joyous and peaceful Christmas and a hopeful New Year. So sad it's all ended. santa
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

CaledonianCraig likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:01 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Show dances have definitely lost their impact these days  

I don't know that I agree with you here mauveangel. I had a quick look back a couple of years, and although Bill and Oti, and Hrvy and Janette did fairly mediocre Show Dances, and An.ton's with Emma was utterly predictable, you only have to look at Kevin and Oti, and Karim and Amy to see pretty special Show Dances. Even Jamie Laing and Karen and Daisy and Gorka did what I thought were pretty exciting and fun Show Dances.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:31 pm

I loved Rose and Gio's Show Dance last night. I thought it was a beautiful story well told. The delicacy of their partnership and the sincerity of Giovanni's "older brother" attitude to Rose is what attracts people I think. Their quickstep was excellent though I don't think it's my favourite dance of theirs, Not one I'd have chosen. Their Couple's Choice was the obvious one to choose for them. It was a major part of who they were as a couple and it was as striking last night as it was first time round.

They boys' Show Dance did nothing for me. More charging about really. They did dance to great effect in their Pirates of the Carribean Paso. Surely they didn't need more. The Rumba? I have no idea why they got such high scores. I didn't see it as particularly special - just Shirley and Motsi gushing over them again.
CaledonianCraig wrote: My only gripe was their overly pushing their sexuality.
I agree with this too. For goodness sake homosexuality was legalised in 1968.  I've worked in theatre/tv/musicals/opera for over 40 years. It's always been accepted and known about. Surely the general population has caught up by now. Elton John, Ian McKellan, Stephen Sondheim, John Barrowman. Stephen Fry for goodness sake!!! Plus - of course - C.raig and B.runo.

Katya and Nicola Adams could have made a good pairing because they concentrated on the dancing. Didn't Nicola say at the outset that she didn't want it to be about the sex. I still feel John could have been better served with a different pro.

It was an absolute tragedy that AJ and Kai couldn't perform in the Final. They were both so upset and understandably so. I usually get disgusted when people start crying on TV (Ore) but I quite understood and sympathised with their emotion last night.

The group dances were both good. I liked the pro's one at the beginning and the full cast one at the end was just fabulous. Shame Tilly couldn't be there. I liked Ed Sheeran - he seems a likeable sort of chap as well as a good singer, and I loved having Aljaz and Janette dancing along. God, he can throw her about can't he. She must be Incredibly supple.

So that's that for another year. I probably won't comment on the Christmas show.... if I watch it. I've quite frequently missed it.  So, a merry Christmas to you all and a happy and Covid free New Year when it comes.  rendeer  santa  rendeer santa rendeer santa rendeer santa
Twirlie
Twirlie

mauveangel09 and CaledonianCraig like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:54 pm

For those interested I will be doing my usual thread about the rumoured celebrities for Strictly 2022 which I normally start around late winter/early spring. Its always good to have posts to pop in and read the whole year round. Merry Christmas all. santa
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

mauveangel09 likes this post

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 18 Empty Re: 2021 Tango's Little bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:07 pm

Twirlie wrote:

I don't know that I agree with you here mauveangel. I had a quick look back a couple of years, and although Bill and Oti, and Hrvy and Janette did fairly mediocre Show Dances, and An.ton's with Emma was utterly predictable, you only have to look at Kevin and Oti, and Karim and Amy to see pretty special Show Dances. Even Jamie Laing and Karen and Daisy and Gorka did what I thought were pretty exciting and fun Show Dances.

Yes very good point Twirlie - you mention some good ones there. I think I feel that in general nowadays with the introduction of Couples Choice and also seemingly less rules in the main dances about lifts and tricks, that we often don't see anything wildly different than what we see through the contest - it seemed to be a bit different previously. I did very much enjoy both Showdances last night (and no dancing puppets or similar in sight......sigh of relief) lol!

Also really enjoyed Janette and Alijaz - that was a nice surprise.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:20 pm

On a side note, another clue Oti is leaving? She has signed up to be a judge on ITV's Dancing on Ice.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 18 Empty Re: Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread 2021

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:19 pm

Are you sure CC?

I heard it was Arlene Phillips who was taking Jon Barrowmans place?
Or is Ashley Banjo quitting too?

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:23 pm

I needed a lie down after the final.  I felt a bit washed out like a wet flannel. There was so much emotion flying around, tears, pressure, including me shouting at T ess to shut up within the first 5 minutes.

I've already forgotten the opening Pro dance. For me sometimes they are just too chaotic and a mish-mash of everything but the kitchen sink.
I enjoyed watching Alijaz and Jeanette dancing to Ed Sheeran. She's such an athletic, fearless dancer.

I loved the Celebrity dance at the end and thought they all seemed to blend well together. I think this group seem to have really gelled together and have made genuine friends. I did miss Tilly. Someone said that she'd tested positive? I hope she's not too ill, particularly over Christmas. It's ironic that she's been shielded during her Strictly time, but now she's going to Uni it must be difficult for her to avoid the bugs.

I can't remember another series where the standard has been so high right from the start. To have 3 dancers in the final that started as novice dancers made a refreshing change. A lot of the previous contestants that worked on Soaps, often had difficulty combining the heavy training schedules with their work commitments. I don't remember Rose complaining that her work/dance balance throughout this series?

It was a bit strange having a 2 contestant final, but I think both John and Rose actually looked quite relaxed. I think as they were already in the final and already winners, they just decided to enjoy their last dances. It was a shame that AJ was injured and didn't get to dance again but at least she had a brilliant time the week before.

I didn't understand why Jason Gilkison got involved with choreographing both show dances. I think Gio would have come up with a much classier show dance that would have demonstrated the different ballroom steps Rose had learned. I found their showdance a bit sacharine and flat. I can't even remember how much they actually danced. I only remember Rose going up and down the staircase! I enjoyed watching their Quickstep again although her dress was nothing as fancy as AJ's the week before.

Like someone else mentioned, I think Jason G had decided to promote the dancer's potential image rather than the actual dance steps, John the beefy male with the soft center, and Rose, the fairytale princess looking for her Prince Charming. John's dance seemed similar to his Couple's Choice. I wonder if Jason put some of those steps in again to balance out Rose's Couple's Choice? Who knows? Maybe I'm just overthinking things. I loved the Pirates Paso - right up my gangplank.

The judges seemed quite jovial and even Cr aig managed a few smiles.

I do wish they would make more of a fuss of Dave Arch's orchestra (yes I know we see the genius that is him, but I mean the other musicians). I still think that they could have a round of applause with them featured individually on a huge TV screen somewhere. Without the musicians and the excellent singers, the show would not be the same. I'd love to see them all named just once a year.

I'll be popping on and off over the next few weeks. I'm looking forward to the Strictly Christmas Show as it will be a fresh group of contestants this year and not a rehash of former ones.

For those who need to slip away, I wish you all a Merry but peaceful Christmas, and a healthy and pain-free new year.  santa  rendeer
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:17 am

B4p wrote: A lot of the previous contestants that worked on Soaps, often had difficulty combining the heavy training schedules with their work commitments. I don't remember Rose complaining that her work/dance balance throughout this series?

I heard somewhere that Rose was given a sabbatical to perform on Strictly, on the grounds that needing an interpreter for both shows would make the work load just too difficult for her. I've no idea if this is true or not..
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:46 am

Confession time...I didn't watch the final in full (first time in 19 series  Crying or Very sad ). Just recorded and fast forwarded to the dancing parts and glitterball presentation. Given the circumstances it's been great to have an 'almost normal' Strictly on our screens since autumn, but just so unfortunate to end up with a two couple final, where the winner was never really in doubt. Rhys really caught my eye in the group dance, I just wish he'd been part of a four (or three)  couple final.

As B4P has said, I don't know why Jason G was brought in to choreograph the showdances, but I found both routines a bit disappointing. Rose's showdance was contemporary based, and was too much like her couples choice routine but with added lifts.  John's showdance I found rather predictable. I do think Gio and Johannes would've come up with more interesting and different choreography.

Loved Aljaz and Janette's dancing, that was the highlight for me and I really hope we get more of them next year.

mauveangel09 wrote:
I am going to be popping in and out during the day to read everyone's posts but for those departing early I wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a Healthy New Year - the forum is a very important part of Strictly for me and I'm so glad we are still going.    Looking forward to the Christmas Day Show  and dare I say it.............Dancing on Ice anyone?? cheers cheers bounce bounce santa santa

Absolutely yes to Dancing on Ice Mauve, especially with Brendan Cole taking part!I'm also looking forward to the Strictly xmas special, they've got a good mix of contestants.  

I'd echo Mauve's comments about our lovely forum, which is a big part of the fun of Strictly for me. I love reading everyone's comments, critiques and witticisms, and I'm so glad we continue to get together each year.  For those who are heading off, I wish you a fabulous Christmas and a healthy and happy 2022, and will look forward to your return for series 20. santa santa
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:35 pm

Hello!

And sorry, sorry for not being aroud since the final... I work earlies on a Sunday and I rarly feel like posting straight after the show and hen last night I was so tired from my epic 6 hour drive through the fog and then the busy and long early shift that I gave myself the night off and watched a crappy romcom instead.

B4p, totally agree with all the emotion. I was swimming in my own pool of tears by the end and had to mop up with several large bath towels. It was Gio that got me mainly. He clearly feels so much for Rose and I think the whole experience has opened up a part of him I don;t think even he knew he had. I;ve always thought that he, along with Oti, is the best teacher amongst the pros, but I think he excelled himself this time. And so for me, more than for Rose, more than for John and Johannes, Iit was him I wanted to see lift the glittterball. He really deserved it,and as Rose (rather entertainingly) said he's 'always been the bridesmaid never the bride'.... This was his night as far as I was concerned.

Having said that, I agree with some of you who said that John's dances were powerful/impactful than Roses -with the obvious exception of her Couple's Choice (which was still great a secondtime round but did lose a little of the impact of the unexpected). I was gutted the judges chose that stupid Quickstep for Rose.SO many other dances they could have chosen. So many... And as Mauve said, Rose's Showdance was n't the all-out, big showbiz pizazz I was expecting. I was thinking Faye's routine but even more... What we got was a sacherine Romeo and Juliet (if Romeo had a huge crush on Juliet and she was all 'i like you very much but just as a friend'). Gilkison was superfluous - I'd far rather a Gio choreographed showdance than his schmaltzty offering.

Mauve - I too suffered yesterday from post strictly withdrawal symptonsand a huge comedown. Marian Keyes and many,many others on Twitter declared this feeling too. They really need to do an ITT on Monday and maybe a sort of best of show on the Sunday instead of the non-existent results.

All over for another year. I felt last year was one of joy in a very gloomy world with Bill Bailey coming through triumphant. This year was also joyful, but a little more serious given the level of the contestants, and was a triumph of diversity over adversity.

Off to catch up with Cristmas (I have sent 14 cards and that is the sum total of my Christmassing so far - too much not being at home or working too hard to have the time and space to anything more!).

Wishig you all a very, very merry and joyful one and remember.... Keeeeeeeep dancin'! Laughing Laughing Laughing
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:55 pm

CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:33 pm

A complete switch from the Beeb to I.T.V. That might not go down too well. Has Oti ever skated or does that not matter.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 18 Empty Re: Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread 2021

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:35 pm

Hadn't seen this CC -   looks as though Arlene is coming in as a guest judge.
I hadn't seen this about Oti before.   Should be interesting - I can see her working well with Chris and Jayne. I think she will be in the non-skating creative seat along along with Ashley - not sure if she has judged with Ashley on any of the other shows that she has judged on - not sure how they will work.  She knows so much more than him.................... lol!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:03 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:A complete switch from the Beeb to I.T.V. That might not go down too well. Has Oti ever skated or does that not matter.

Well hints and clues have been there. Prior to this series there were various hints from within Oti's remarks in interviews or Tweets that this could have been her last series. An it was seemingly backed up in one of the last celeb pro dances when it almost looked like the rest of the pros paying homage to her and she looked emotional at the end. I sincerely hope she remains but the signs are not good especially after the recent loss of other stalwarts such as Artem, An.ton and Kevin Clifton.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:38 pm

Hope you are all well. Wishing you all a Happy Christmas & a Peaceful New Year. Stay safe everone.
much love
Sax

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:24 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Hope you are all well. Wishing you all a Happy Christmas & a Peaceful New Year. Stay safe everone.
much love
Sax

Best wishes returned Sax and may the New Year be a better one. God Bless.

Tango..
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 18 Empty Re: Tangos Little Bit of Honesty Thread 2021

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:15 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Hope you are all well. Wishing you all a Happy Christmas & a Peaceful New Year. Stay safe everone.
much love
Sax

Hi Sax

Wishing you a very Happy Christmas too - and a better 2022.
I do hope that all is as ok as it can be for you.

xx

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:17 pm

Thinking of you sax. Please let us know how you're getting on flower
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:47 pm

Best wishes Sax I love you   I hope you and your family have a peaceful Christmas. You've had such a tough time recently, my thoughts are with you, and I hope 2022 is brighter for you all
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:44 pm

much love
Sax

Thank you Sax, and the same to you. Really hoping 2022 is so much kinder - 2021 has been incredibly tough for you. Really hope you are abe lto find some joy in the festivities this weekend too. Thinking of you and sending masses of love and huge hugs I love you I love you I love you
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18