Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

+6
diamondsandpearls
TANGOLERO
CaledonianCraig
mauveangel09
jingle
B4p
10 posters

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 17 Empty Re: 2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

Post  B4p Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:18 pm

Twirlie wrote: It seems pretty clear from the bookie's odds, from the viewing figures on YouTube etc, and from talking to friends, that the public are wholeheartedly behind the partnership of Rose and Gio. It would have to take a mistake or poor quality dance of massive proportions for her to lose. Mind you she can still lose it by other means. Someone mentioned Danny Mac losing out to Ore, because Oti and Danny did a rather boring "Concept" showdance and Ore did "Singing in the Rain" which was always going to be a winner. There is that possibility, but I doubt that Gio will make that mistake even if the showdance is more contemporary than upbeat.

Anyway I hope so. I'll say to Rose and Gio what Brucie used to say to the couples...

"You're my favourites"

I think Gio will create a stunning ballroom-based show dance for Rose. I remember the one he made for Faye and I thought it was a real treat. I think Kai will have to come up with something completely different like the jazz-style dance they did or a big Hollywood number. I think the importance of having a good show dance will be important this year. I doubt anything soft or contemporary will hack it this year. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 17 Empty Re: 2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

Post  B4p Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:21 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:The dance off was Rhys' Samba against John's Jive - so more like judging a gala apple against a cox's apple than apples and pears! (John didn't do his contempowaft Couple's Choice for the dance off)
or a sharp Bramley against a softer Pink Lady? Razz
B4p
B4p

mauveangel09 likes this post

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 17 Empty Re: 2021 Tango's Little bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:28 pm

B4p wrote:

I think Gio will create a stunning ballroom-based show dance for Rose. I remember the one he made for Faye and I thought it was a real treat. I think Kai will have to come up with something completely different like the jazz-style dance they did or a big Hollywood number. I think the importance of having a good show dance will be important this year. I doubt anything soft or contemporary will hack it this year. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

I loved Faye and Gio's Showdance - for me it was the best one that night. I remember there was huge top hat in the background! Whilst I think that Rose and Gio are definitely the top tips to lift the Glitterball, I agree that as always the Showdances are very important and I don't think it will be any different this year.
For John and for Rose a Contemporary n umber won't wash after doing this style in their Couples Choice so it will be very interesting to see what Gio and Johannes come up with - same for AJ and Kai too of course.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:23 pm

Someone said on Radio 2 this afternoon that AJ has an injury (I thought they mentioned cartilage and foot but who knows?) and is on crutches. DS are saying that AJ & Kai were due to be on ITT tonight so they may be able to clarify the situation.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 17 Empty Re: Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:05 pm

oh no!

Been working and haven't seen any social media or TV news........................

Have to see what they say and actually watch ITT tonight !

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:25 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:oh no!

Been working and haven't seen any social media or TV news........................

Have to see what they say and actually watch ITT tonight !
Two comments from DS
Lady Lavender wrote: tomorrow's BBC Morning Live has an appearance from all three couples.

Rubyred7:
They should at least get the final pre-final interview on It Takes Two. All three are due to be interviewed on Friday and will, I imagine, get some kind of highlights package of their j.ourney
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:41 pm

B4p wrote:Someone said on Radio 2 this afternoon that AJ has an injury (I thought they mentioned cartilage and foot but who knows?) and is on crutches. DS are saying that AJ & Kai were due to be on ITT tonight so they may be able to clarify the situation.

I saw Aj on ITT earlierand she is indeed on crutches and hasher foot/anklestrapped up. The was mention of 'joint' - but she didn't say which one! Toe? Ankle?... She also mentioned ligament/tendon damage and inflammation, which is what I find worrying. Soft tossue damages takes ages to heal - longer than bone. She was understandaly upset and emotional when talking about it, but mentioned an incredible medical team. However, ifshe has torn a ligament somewhere then no matter how good the medical team they can't perform miracles. But I have every finget and toe crossed that she will be able to train and perform.

On the subject of Rose and Gio's showdance I very much think he will go down the route of old Hollywood and a big show, much as he did with Faye though...more! He very much appreciates Rose's joyfulness and I imagine the showdance will be one big joyful, upbeat extravaganza. I really hope so anyway! (I'm imagining something to Judy Garland singing Get Happy now!)

John and Johannes are doing something to You've got the Love (Candi Statton) and mentioned it will have a it of everything in it - well, everything party latin plus some Charleston.

AJ and Kai are dancing to Running by Beyonce and it is anyone's guess what style that will be!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:44 pm

It's an awful shame but if she can't put any weight on it today, then I think Saturday is going to be out of the question.
As you say diamonds, soft tissue injuries can be more serious than many realise and slow to mend. Doing high impact dances like a jive, Charleston and a Beyonce-style latin dance isn't really feasible. I think they'll be making an announcement by Friday.

I don't know what the management will do. Has there been a 2 person final before?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:55 am

B4p wrote:

I don't know what the management will do. Has there been a 2 person final before?

Chris Hollins was on ITT this week and I think he said he was in a two man final (must have been with Ricky Whittle).

Like you B4p, I can’t see AJ being able to dance on Saturday. I hope she’s justifiably proud of how far she’s come.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:40 am

Will be a hollow feeling victory if A.J. doesn't make it and lousy luck on her part. Personally I'd put Rhys back in there in that case (will never happen of course), to ensure a three person final for the show's sake, but all best wishes and a speedy recovery to A.J. I think it was always due to be between her and Rose for the title.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:42 pm

Oh dear, it's been confirmed that AJ had withdrawn due to a ruptured ankle ligament (ouch)

Such a shame for her, I've thought since the outset that AJ is the best dancer, even though Rose has been the bookies favourite for most of the series.

I wonder what sort of contingency there is for the live show. Like Tango, I would've loved to have Rhys back to make up the n.umbers, but I guess that's not fair or feasible.  

Anyhow, good luck to Rose and John, and I hope the final won't feel a little empty without AJ

Last edited by jingle on Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot about the booby-trapped word!)
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:11 pm

Not the fault of the two couples left, but does it not make a case for the final being six couples not three. They could have a couple of extra weeks of three dances each with voting on the whole thing and, as I said earlier, medals for all the finalists. As it stands now, two competitors do a couple of months of hard work for a trophy, one wins it, the other gets nothing at all.(except a handy pay-out of course) ...
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:51 pm

I'm very sad for AJ and Kai. They both seemed pretty devastated on ITT this evening.

As for the number of finalists, I've always thought when Robert Webb withdrew that there should have been no further elimination that week. He should have been the only eliminated contestant.  If it was the standard arrangement that no couple was in the DO in the week that a celebrity withdrew we could be more sure of an exciting final rather than the somewhat sparse final we have now. Yes - both John and Rose are excellent - but with AJ and Kai the evening would have been much better, and with Rhys in the mix - even more so.

Last year's four finalists provided us with a complete variety of wonderful entertainment. Rose and John will be good. I just wish we could have more!
Twirlie
Twirlie

diamondsandpearls likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:44 am

A devastating blow for AJ and Kai. A devastating blow for the fans and for the final. It really puts the final into disarray.

It leaves me questioning the rationale from earlier in the series when Robert (heart issue) left and they ploughed on with eliminations watering things down especially in this age of COVID when it could take out any couple at any time.

I feel sorry for the remaining finalists too as it waters down the experience/achievement for the winner I feel.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:59 am

No fault of the Bubble Bath Company, but the show has suffered too all season for no one's fault.. They may possibly use the eliminated contestants to do a couple of group dances as show fillers. I'd much rather that, anything dance related in fact, than pop groups wailing rubbish songs. It's still a dance show (I think) so even a bit of sequence demo by the pros.
Hope springs eternal, as they say, but both A.J and Rhys must feel pretty bad as to how things have turned out.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:23 am

B4p wrote: I think Gio will create a stunning ballroom-based show dance for Rose. .

Rose will excel for anything ballroom; her Tango was dazzling. .A.J. would have probably had the edge in Latin and contemporary dance. It's really up to the pros as much as the dancers now to deliver the goods. I reckon John will do a lot of athletic leaping about and synchronised stuff so the contrast should be interesting but I hope it isn't too apples and pears to make judging difficult. That said, the judges will have no real impact tonight, it's a night for stand up and be counted, so good luck to both. santa
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:44 pm

I don't know why but I keep being alarmed by Gio's talk of having a really big prop in the Showdance. It sounds like the sort of thing that could create a disaster rather than a triumph. Fingers crossed.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:08 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

Rose will excel for anything ballroom; her Tango was dazzling. .A.J. would have probably had the edge in Latin and contemporary dance. It's really up to the pros as much as the dancers now to deliver the goods. I reckon John will do a lot of athletic leaping about and synchronised stuff so the contrast should be interesting but I hope it isn't too apples and pears to make judging difficult. That said, the judges will have no real impact tonight, it's a night for stand up and be counted, so good luck to both. santa  

As you say the judges will have no say but that just makes me even more sure Rose and Gio will lift the glitterball. Rose has never been in a dance-off whereas John has several times so that tells you who wins out in the popular vote. In this instance it is not so much a problem as Rose is the better all-round dancer than John.

I am sat here now and i cannot think of another Strictly Final where I have been so certain of the outcome and that is a great shame.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:35 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
I am sat here now and i cannot think of another Strictly Final where I have been so certain of the outcome and that is a great shame.

Me too CC - my sense of anticipation vanished once AJ withdrew. Unless Gio comes up with a total disaster of a showdance then I'm certain the glitterball will go to Rose.

As Tango says, hopefully the gaps tonight will be filled with dancing rather than inane singing / vox pops etc. I'm sure it's given the producers a bit of a nightmare.

Personally I'd love a return to the four couple final format, or even a five couple format. More dance and less filler.
jingle
jingle

CaledonianCraig likes this post

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 17 Empty Re: 2021 Tango's Little bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:22 pm

Evening all.
Haven't had a chance to come back on the forum since mid week but have been following all the AJ and Kai announcements and interviews with sadness. I do hope that they are somehow involved in the show tonight -with some 'best bits' and an interview etc because at the end of the day she was and is a Finalist - and no-one can take that away from her. I expect we'll be treated to a few more VTs to fill in the time tonight.........

There was a two person Final in 2007 when Alesha Dixon won. The only other finalist was Matt di Angelo because Kelly Brook had withdrawn very late into the competition and there were not enough couples left to have 3 in the Final. In those days if you remember there was only ever 3 people in the Final with one of them being eliminated half way through the night. The year that Chris Hollins won there was 3 people - he was up against Ricky Whittle and Ali Bastian (who I was supporting that year). Ali got knocked out and Ricky and Chris went on to fight it out for the title with their Showdances. I am so glad that everyone gets to do their Showdances nowadays - a positive change on Strictly for once !! I agree with those who have said that they shouldn't have eliminated anyone on the week that Robert Webb withdrew - they should give themselves more of a contingency because only having 3 can easily go down to 2 - as we have seen this week. I agree with Jingle that it will be nice to go back to a 4 person Final, much more interesting.........

I am still looking forward to tonight and seeing some great dancing............... Also sorry that it has all come to an end once again Crying or Very sad Yes I think we can all foretell the ending tonight - but might I just mention 'dancing puppets' lol! lol!

mauveangel09

CaledonianCraig likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:43 pm

Twirlie wrote:I'm very sad for AJ and Kai. They both seemed pretty devastated on ITT this evening.

As for the number of finalists, I've always thought when Robert Webb withdrew that there should have been no further elimination that week. He should have been the only eliminated contestant.  If it was the standard arrangement that no couple was in the DO in the week that a celebrity withdrew we could be more sure of an exciting final rather than the somewhat sparse final we have now. Yes - both John and Rose are excellent - but with AJ and Kai the evening would have been much better, and with Rhys in the mix - even more so.

Last year's four finalists provided us with a complete variety of wonderful entertainment. Rose and John will be good. I just wish we could have more!

I couldn't agree more Twirlie! We should have had a four couple final in my opinio and now we are down to just two. Last week felt like the final and now it seems even morelike it was. A two couple finalis just lame.

But my heart goes out to AJ. I am an expert in torn ankle ligaments, having torn far more than is fair (hiking/running on Lake District fells rather than dancing) and they require a lot of healing. More than a broken bone which is designed to knit together in weeks. She will be able to weight bear in about ten days (but she shoudl get rid of the crutches, it slows down recovery as they stop you putting the weight that you CAN bear on it and the ligaments and tendons end up shortening and then more physio is required) but forit to be fully healed and totally back to normal will take between six months and a year, depending on the severity, her own ody's rate of healing and how much she keeps it mobile (her moon boot is a no-no too - thats to immobilise a broken bone and,along with crutches to keep the weight off it).

Anyway, whatever her treatment plan, is must be so bitterly disappointing for her to be outof the final. I know Kai (the sinister 30s gangster...) was in tears on ITT.

So I'm not particularly looking forward to the final. It needed AJ there to provide the competiton for Rose and John. I would have liked the to postpone it until AJ was ale to take part. But then, I'm not a tv producer with a prime Saturday slot to fill at short notice.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:06 pm

Claudia, put your dress on properly please. It doesn’t look quirky, it looks ridiculous!
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Twirlie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:39 pm

fiftynotout wrote:Claudia, put your dress on properly please. It doesn’t look quirky, it looks ridiculous!

Claudia is the Charlie Chaplain of Strictly, and she shouldn't/needn't be. She's an attractive woman and shouldn't dress as a comedy act.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 17 Empty Re: Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread 2021

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:39 am

Congratulations to Rose and Gio on lifting the Glitterball.

I really enjoyed the show. I have to say that for me personally on the night, the dances that moved me the most were those of John and Johannes.  I thought that the rumba was sublime - better than the first time round, and I loved the hand and arm movements and the music.   The pirate paso was excellent and I really loved their Showdance to Candi Staton,  I love that track and I love Showdances that bring in little bits of all the other dances learned over the series.

I thought that Rose and Gio's mix of dances was interesting.   Their Quickstep was not one of my favourite dances of theirs but it was danced really well tonight and there was a confidence in Rose that perhaps wasn't yet there when they danced it the first time round.   The Couples Choice was excellent and good to see again, and I'm glad that they danced this again although I would have loved to have seen their American Smooth.  

I was a bit surprised at the Showdance to be honest - I was expecting a ballroom/ Hollywood extravaganza and this was something different.   It was a lovely dance but personally I would have preferred something with a bit more oomph - and would have liked the routine to have incorporated some more ballroom into it instead of more contemporary.      I did not realize that Jason Gilkerson choreographed the Showdances.   He seemed to go all out to portray Rose as a  Disney Princess tonight, dancing against the more earthier boys!  Not sure whether that was an intentional dynamic or not,  and might have been different if AJ had been dancing.

At the end of the day I was happy with the finalists and happy with the winners. I believe that Rose was the best all round dancer this year notwithstanding the fantastic personal achievement for her which has been amazing to see.  It was an emotionally charged show tonight for various reasons and so close.

I can't quite accept that Strictly is all over for another year  Crying or Very sad    I'll be back on tomorrow for all the post show chat.............................xx

Last edited by mauveangel09 on Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spacing)

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:40 am

fiftynotout wrote:Claudia, put your dress on properly please. It doesn’t look quirky, it looks ridiculous!

Exactly what Mrs Twirlie said, and she hand makes dresses for a living.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next