Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

+6
diamondsandpearls
TANGOLERO
CaledonianCraig
mauveangel09
jingle
B4p
10 posters

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 3 Empty Re: 2021 Tango's Little bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:05 pm

Hi Diamonds
Unfortunately they were not my favourite couple and I found the routine on the first week and the one this week lacked overall appeal but I mainly blame lacklustre music and Neill for the choreography which was just off for me - as Jingle remarked earlier in the day I think he did two over fussy routines which were actually too hard for her. The Tango had the kitchen sink and more thrown in - I think the sad thing is that Nina had good potential but perhaps with someone else she may have fared better. I realize that the celeb can only try to dance what they are given to do at the end of the day. I also know that they did seem to get on very well but I don't rate Neill and tonight confirmed it I'm afraid.

I really couldn't call it all tonight for the Dance Off although I did think that GBP got it right by putting the two weakest dances there - no-one else is really putting a foot wrong at this stage. It was such a difficult call as both couples really upped their game in the dance off with Nina dancing a clean routine and Katie really upping the energy. Despite my comments above I think I would have saved Nina over Katie because of the complexity of the routine - not sure where Shirley was coming from. I don't feel Katie is a natural dancer and what with her day job I don't think she has the potential that Nina had - although I know that is not supposed to come into play.

The first elimination is usually not fair - I thought Greg got lucky as he was the other one that I thought might have been there. I was so overwhelmingly relieved that Robert and Dianne got through. The couples who were left until last really looked done in I thought!

Rhys actually sounded a lot more sensible in the clauditorium - if he can calm himself down and channel more he will be dynamite although I'm making a prediction that he is going to go the way of Aston Merrygold, don't know why except that in a high standard year like this one is shaping up to be, there simply isn't room for everyone and I think we will see some inevitable heartache further down the line.

Off to watch the new drama 'Ridley Road' now........will pop back later

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 3 Empty Re: Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread 2021

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:08 pm

Twirlie wrote:Hi one and all, I think this is a series with great potential, don't you? Mind you, I thought that of last year as well and it did provided us with great entertainment so here's hoping.  I'm not giving a great long commentary this week as I have a busy weekend, next week too probably. So far I like Adam and Katya (I'm a fan of Katya's and I think Adam has great possibilities) and how could you not admire AJ Odudu and Kai Widdrington who I've an instant liking to. Judi Love and Graziano are an immenslly charismatic pairing though I suppose she'll go in the middle of the competition. Robert Webb I didn't expect to like and first week out that opinion was confirmed. However his tango has made me pause and I feel I have to see him do some more before I decide finally. I like Rose and hope she does well, though I don't think she'll made the final. Others in this catogory would be Greg and Ugo. John Whaite will probably make it to the final. I don't really care about him or any of the others at the moment. I wait to be converted.   I'm looking forward immensly to the rest of the series and to chatting to you all.   cheers cheers cheers

Hi Twirlie
It's really good to see you again. Very Happy
Agree about Judi and Graziano - in the absence of a comedy character I think Judi is providing the warmth and laughs.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 3 Empty Re: 2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:17 am

diamondsandpearls wrote:Well, without giving away any spoilers, let's just say it is spectacularly early this year for my annual rant about why Strictly should on no account be a knockout competiton and why there is no earthly reason why it is.

We might not agree on everything D&P, but on this I'm totally in sync with you. I have loved dance all my life (and yes been in a fair few rock and roll Mecca extravaganza comps because it was all about them back then), but Strictly has completely lost the plot in a bid to get more viewers. I've learned to live with kiddie-pop voting (no choice really, and a bit selfish not to) and favouritism over skill, but that's life.) What I can't stomach is a tango being judged against a Jive, a Waltz against a Charlston, a paso against a Couple's choice (read pro's choice) and a cha-cha against just about anything. It's crackpot and stark,raving head-wobbling madness, particularly  after two weeks judging. The judges should stage a protest week, C raig in a tutu, Motsi having a purple haircut, Shirley in a polo-neck smock and bloomers and A nton in shorts and flip-flops. (He could still wear a bow tie of course?) because I'm sure they get no choice about much. Contestants should refuse to take part unless they get six weeks appearance. If they can't spare the time, vote six off at once; at least nobody would feel as bad as being "Billy no mates" after a week..

Seriously, If the contestants have to be eliminated, at least give them say, six weeks of just displaying their dance progress before anybody goes. Oh, and like for like dance., waltz v waltz, tango v tango et...The public would still be entertained, but at least everybody would get a fair chance based on dance. To be sent home first competitive week is demeaning and totally unfair. Oh, and one short video of family waving banners only, no cats, dogs, grannie interviews or tear-jerking. Sorry, but everything has its place and Strictly isn't it. ( None of this will ever happen, so we can be a bit elastic)

Okay, I think that's it (for now anyway) Dance on... lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 3 Empty Re: 2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

Post  Twirlie Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:48 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:
Judi (Audi) Love and Graziano. Big, fat, jolly Samba that had bags of audience appeal. Not sure of them in ballroom.

I think this is ridiculous too, but then I'm of the same age as yourself TANGOLERO. My wife, who works in women's clothing tells me that "fat" in relation to a woman has now entered the #metoo dictionary of forbidden words. It's offensive and derogatory it seems whether it's true or not, even if you're implying jolly or not.  You can use the word freely when describing a man, but not a woman. Isn't life complicated these days!
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:20 pm

Twirlie wrote:

I think this is ridiculous too, but then I'm of the same age as yourself TANGOLERO. My wife, who works in women's clothing tells me that "fat" in relation to a woman has now entered the #metoo dictionary of forbidden words. It's offensive and derogatory it seems whether it's true or not, even if you're implying jolly or not.  You can use the word freely when describing a man, but not a woman. Isn't life complicated these days!

Okay Twirlie, I've deleted the f-word (under protest, I might add, because a spade is a spade, is a spade...etc, or the posh Shakepeare version, "A rose, by any other name, is still a rose!") Twisted Evil
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:20 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:
because a spade is a spade, is a spade...etc, or the posh Shakepeare version, "A rose, by any other name, is still a rose!") Twisted Evil

You're right - a spade is a spade, mind you by this time of year all of our roses bar one are just shriveled up and aren't' sweet at all. I'm not sure you had to delete the word. It was for information only and after all we ancients have to keep up with our Luddite outlook on life. Well I do! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:33 pm

Sad to see Nina go. She certainly had potential and I can’t help thinking that Neil stitched her up with his needlessly over-complicated choreography. Having said that, he did look after her admirably when she clearly just wanted to burst into tears.

As others have echoed, it would be nice to have at least a couple more weeks to get to know them. I mean, I was quite taken with Katie initially - gobby northerner, loads of spirit, bit of a laugh - but she just didn’t gel with me in the end. Conversely, I thought I wouldn’t like Judi at all but she’s really growing on me. I certainly haven’t formed any alliance with anybody sufficient to actually vote for them just yet.

Early front runners are AJ (another gobby northerner) and Mr Emma Thompson (because I’m in love with his wife but I suspect he’ll be out long before half time).
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:50 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Hi Diamonds
...I mainly blame lacklustre music and  Neill for the choreography which was just off for me - as Jingle remarked earlier in the day I think he did two over fussy routines which were actually too hard for her.   The Tango had the kitchen sink and more thrown in - I think the sad thing is that Nina had good potential but perhaps with someone else she may have fared better. I realize that the celeb can only try to dance what they are given to do at the end of the day.  I also know that they did seem to get on very well but I don't rate Neill and tonight confirmed it I'm afraid.

The first elimination is usually not fair - I thought Greg got lucky as he was the other one that I thought might have been there.  

there simply isn't room for everyone and I think we will see some inevitable heartache further down the line.

I think we basically agree Mauve.  I just wanted Nina to show us her potential and to stay around because I think she is lovely.  But I very much agree that Neil is not great and that he clearly didn't taylor the choreography to suit his pupli, as the far better teachers (eg, Erin, Natalie, Giovanni and Oti) do. I also agree about the musica being wrong.  I actually preferred this week's tango to last week's Samba - it really didn't say samba to me, though her performance levels were fantastic.

And oh my! Did Greg get lucky...

Finally, I very much agree that there are going to be some shock eliminations, for the very reason you say.

You are very wise!

Last edited by diamondsandpearls on Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

mauveangel09 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:57 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

Seriously, If the contestants have to be eliminated, at least give them say, six weeks of just displaying their dance progress before anybody goes. Oh, and like for like dance., waltz v waltz, tango v tango et...The public would still be entertained, but at least everybody would get a fair chance based on dance. To be sent home first competitive week is demeaning and totally unfair. Oh, and one short video of family waving banners only, no cats, dogs, grannie interviews or tear-jerking. Sorry, but everything has its place and Strictly isn't it. ( None of this will ever happen, so we can be a bit elastic)

Okay, I think that's it (for now anyway) Dance on... lol!

I was going to give them ten weeks, but 6 weeks would be a good compromise and a vast improvement on the current situation. I also agree with the ompariing like with like. Ditto totes emosh videos.

Also, may I say you are a ranting pro... Your first paragraph is a masterclass in it - I thought I was good but clearly I need lessons! Laughing
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:45 pm

Oh Diamonds surely no one can have a Bottom lip as far out or as big as a Kardashian's filler!
I didn't wish Nina to leave and felt Greg very lucky bit not as lucky as Katie. Tbh Katie has hardly trained with Gorka not sure re Gorka wanted to budge himself all those miles to her or The Soap demands to many hours.
I read that Katie sees this as light relief a bit of a gigglr re SCD ! Well I could have been slapped with a wet kipper the shock of not putting ones all in!

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

diamondsandpearls likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:09 pm

See below

Last edited by diamondsandpearls on Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

saxonsiren likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:16 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Oh Diamonds surely no one can have a Bottom lip as far out or as big as a Kardashian's filler!
I didn't wish Nina to leave and felt Greg very lucky bit not as lucky as Katie. Tbh Katie has hardly trained with Gorka not sure re Gorka wanted to budge himself all those miles to her or The Soap demands to many hours.
I read that Katie sees this as light relief a bit of a gigglr re SCD ! Well I could have been slapped with a wet kipper the shock of not putting ones all in!

Gorka and Gemma live just ourside Manchester and Hollyoaks in filmed on the edge of Liverpool, so probably less than an hour away. Not that far to travel for either of them for training. And they may have been able to find something halfway-ish...

Maisie was working on Eastenders last year, and we all know what a relentless schedule that has, so I don't think Hollyoaks can compare to that.

However, there is no evidence that Katie has hardly trained - just speculation I think, based on her perfromance and some tablois sensation-seeking regarding some percieived tension between them during the results show and around the dance-off.

If what you read is true, then it really is a shame that Katie sees SCD as light relief. And I am very much loving the image of you being slapped with a wet kipper! lol!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:22 pm

It was one of the tabloids posted on one of the SCD forums on Faceache. It had advised due to some unforseen circumstances on the show a lot of Katie's scenes had to be redone? Possibly the SCD Tan dazzled the camera? Too much hair lacquer in to flatten down and turn into her usual style for the Character?
Ill find the article when the crisis!? One was not aware until the other half rang me to ask how I was coping re the crisis? I had to think mm what have I missed? Family? Friends? Toilet Roll/Christmas Pudding shortages? No it was re, FB Whatsapp Instagram ( never used it) & messenger all not working! I advised I was looking like a drowned SCD Frock after walking for 90 minutes wity the Dog & no I hadn't been aware of this crisis. I did point out my own crisis of creating a puddle in the Lounge and I had better bail out fast.
outage? a hack?no idea re this Social Media Crisis ( wonder if Neil got his own back Laughing )

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:10 pm

I was so sorry to hear that Nina was the first one voted out. She was never going to be the strongest, but she gave 100% and really wanted to learnt dance. Some of the others may have other motivations. I was hoping that she may have lasted 4-5 weeks.

Any news of Tom Fletcher?

Not sure if the music will be released tomorrow or Wednesday, but I'll check in later tomorrow afternoon.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:00 am

At the end of the day somebody had to go. Nina's Tango was a dance disaster way beyond anyone else so its only right she ended up in the dance-off. Okay some feel she had potential to learn which is true but I think the same applies to Katie.

As for Greg I think he is this year's director's pet. Dream music for his week one American Smooth which (in my opinion he butchered), the advantage of a Couples Choice in Week Two and then in movie week he gets to be James Bond whilst others will be dressed up like trolls, elves or eejits.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:18 pm

Still a wee bit early for me to take against (okay, agin) anybody because nobody is car-crash bad. None of them can be blamed for who they are in real life and the glitter ball is a false feathers popularity bauble at day's end.. They almost all have strengths and weaknesses and, if I were a betting man I'd do a Maverick on Rose or John as taking the trophy of a thousand selfies because Dance will always lose out to popularity in this contest. Greg, nice man as he is, will be an early bath candidate IMO.

Adam has surprised me and Robert's tango ( which I really liked) puts him up in the chance stakes. Tilly's Charleston movement indicates she may do well in Latin, and Sara's Foxtrot was a ballroom treat. A.J. needs an eye keeping on. Like I said, it's early yet but, sadly, somebody has to go each week. Such is life in our mobile-phone world.. clown

Edit. Humph, Mobile Phones and Laptops? I got a tin of watercolours, a Champion Annual ( or a Famous Five Hardback book) and an apple, orange and a couple of walnuts in a sock for Christmas. lol!

Last edited by TANGOLERO on Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:14 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Still a wee bit early for me to take against (okay, agin) anybody because nobody is car-crash bad. None of them can be blamed for who they are in real life and the glitter ball is a false feathers popularity bauble at day's end.. They almost all have strengths and weaknesses and, if I were a betting man I'd do a Maverick on Rose or John as taking the trophy of a thousand selfies because Dance will always lose out to popularity in this contest. Greg, nice man as he is, will be an early bath candidate IMO.

Adam has surprised me and Robert's tango ( which I really liked) puts him up in the chance stakes. Tilly's Charleston movement indicates she may do well in Latin, and Sara's Foxtrot was a ballroom treat. Like I said, it's early yet but, sadly, somebody has to go each week. Such is life in our mobile-phone world.. clown

Edit. Humph, Mobile Phones and Laptops? I got a tin of watercolours, a Champion Annual ( or a Famous Five Hardback book) and an apple, orange and a couple of walnuts in a sock for Christmas. lol!

Of course. When you open it up to a public vote then it will always be a popularity contest. That does not change that Nina had one of the biggest (most glaring) dance disaster of the two weeks so am comfortable with her exiting. Sad but comfortable. It was tough on her that her bad dance came this week. Reverse her dances in order and she may well have been safe. How far would Nina have gone given the chance of a J? Perhaps to around the midway mark? Another key part on celeb exits that is out of their hands is their partner and the dances they choreograph. I don't think Neil did her any favours on that side and perhaps hindered rather than helped. Somewhere down the line I think Dan may suffer similarly but we shall see.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:03 pm

Well, I've put the week 3 music up and my first thought was, blooming peck, Tom's just getting over co-vid and he's only got the jive! Nothing like being thrown into the deep end.

Once again, I can't tell if it's Movie week or Musicals week, surely it's time they were combined and a new theme week (only if absolutely necessary) created?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:28 am

Tom and Amy's energy levels could be very low. Covid tends to fog your mind up and concerntration levels are ooor.
A ballroom would have been better with a lovely serene theme.
Im a little concerned re the musical choices,
The Muppets theme from Film! pale
Are we having Kermit & Miss Piggy as characters and Animal and The Chef in the Band.

Wish we had a Fred & Ginger theme week instead.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 3 Empty Re: Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:44 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:

As for Greg I think he is this year's director's pet. Dream music for his week one American Smooth which (in my opinion he butchered), the advantage of a Couples Choice in Week Two and then in movie week he gets to be James Bond whilst others will be dressed up like trolls, elves or eejits.

lol! I like this CC.
Yes agree about the American Smooth. I kind of thought he was being protected a bit last week.
James Bond theme will give Karen the licence to just do another 'placed' dance and I'm pretty sure the James Bond thing has been done several times over before.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:09 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:

lol!   I like this CC.
Yes agree about the American Smooth.    I kind of thought he was being protected a bit last week.
James Bond theme will give Karen the licence to just do another  'placed' dance and I'm pretty sure the James Bond thing has been done several times over before.

Thanks mauve. Smile

For me I don't mind if a song has been used before as it is the choreography and interpretation that interests me more than anything. Each year there seems to be a chosen few who get golden dance music whilst others get handed dross. This year Greg seems like the pet to me with Rhys the pet's apprentice.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:48 pm

Basically I hate week 3 and I hate week 6 even more and have very low expectations of both. So if any of them are better than complete (insert own scatalogical word of choice) then it will a pleasant surprise.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:47 am

Oh dear, oh dear, disaster...I.T.V are showing the England World Cup qualifying game at the same time as Strictly on Saturday.affraid
I've never missed an England game (including Women's football) for as long as I can remember...I'll have to avoid comments till I can catch up on B.B.C.I player later. I'll be back..Sad
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:01 am

TANGOLERO wrote:Oh dear, oh dear, disaster...I.T.V are showing the England World Cup qualifying game at the same time as Strictly on Saturday.affraid
I've never missed an England game (including Women's football) for as long as I can remember...I'll have to avoid comments till I can catch up on B.B.C.I player later. I'll be back..Sad  

Whilst I will be on my way back from Hampden Park from the Scotland V Israel match. I'll catch up with it either later on Saturday night when I get home or more likely on Sunday morning.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:55 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Oh dear, oh dear, disaster...I.T.V are showing the England World Cup qualifying game at the same time as Strictly on Saturday.affraid

I would be outraged at this incorrect priotisation and lack of committment towards the world of dance, but... you know - it's week 3 and movie week, so...

Nope. Just carry on.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next