Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2022 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' Discussion Thread

+7
Twirlie
CaledonianCraig
jingle
Moova 12
mauveangel09
TANGOLERO
B4p
11 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

2022 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' Discussion Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: 2022 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' Discussion Thread

Post  Twirlie Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:42 pm

B4p wrote:
I was surprised not to see Gio and Rose do one of their dances. Isn't that the usual format for a final? To see the current champions, before they hand the Glitterball onto someone else?
Rose and Gio danced in the launch show.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

2022 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' Discussion Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: 2022 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' Discussion Thread

Post  jingle Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:35 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:What is unusual about this year's winner is that Hamza wasn't a renowned and well-known/popular celebrity. At the start he'd probably have been listed somewhat of a Z-lister. For him to therefore scoop up the biggest share of votes and remain out of the dance-off throughout the whole series speaks volumes as to how he has won the hears of the public on the dance floor. Actually, sitting here right now I cannot think of a lesser known celebrity (pre-series) to have won Strictly in all of its twenty series.

Yes, I'd never heard of him before, but admit I 'fell' for Hamza from the outset and he's had every single one of my votes since week one. I've felt something special about his approach to dance, about the partnership with Jowita, and most of all about his personality, which made him stand out from the others for me. His showdance was a tad disappointing, but I thought his other two dances were fabulous. But to be honest, he could've messed up the entire final and I still would've voted for him, based on his track record in the previous weeks.

I enjoyed the final, but like many of us I felt a bit exasperated about inclusion of the couples choices, which I do think competed a bit with the showdance. In fact, the Couples Choice has annoyed me all series, I don't like the sob-story VTs, or the tendency to veer towards music-video-dancing or repetitive street routines. If they have to do CC, I wish they'd put some firmer parameters around it.

In terms of the 'judges favourites' I was a wee bit disappointed that they chose high-scoring routines. It used to be that the judges deliberately chose routines which needed improvement, and in the semi final the judges identified the weakest routines as Hamza's jive, Helen's paso, Fleur's salsa, and Mollys' ? (can't remember).   I wish they'd selected dances on that basis instead, and we could've judged progress.

Anyhow, enough grumbling! Overall I did enjoy the final and am really sad that it's all over for another year. As ever, the whole Strictly experience has been enhanced by our lovely forum and reading all your thoughts, witticisms, observations and critiques. I'll be popping in and out over the next few weeks, but in the meantime wish you all a very peaceful and happy Christmas  rendeer rendeer santa
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:44 pm

Yes it is always sad when it is all over for another year. I hope everyone has a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I shall pop in periodically to update with all the rumoured celebrities for Strictly 2023. Until next year..... cheers
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

2022 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' Discussion Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread 2022

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:37 pm

I've loved everyone's comments as always - it wouldn't be the same for me without the forum.  We haven't heard a lot from some folks over the last few weeks - Sax?   D+P?   Hope all's well with you.

It's been a very interesting season - very close in terms of ability this year which was fun.   I think they all exited more or less at the right time for each person  although I was gutted when Kym was knocked out. I think one of the things I haven't enjoyed so much this year is the j udges.   I think by giving out '10's so early they caused the series to peak too early.  I heard that Shirley has had a lot of on-line abuse this year which is awful but I think that sometimes she just  has trouble in being objective and she can't help appearing to be biased in favour of certain contestants. I definitely think the standing ovations from both her and Motsi need to go!  A nton seemed to be much more inconsistent and almost 'soppy' at times this year whereas he started off the previous year being very constructive and measured.   It was very telling to read an article a few weeks ago in which D arcey Bussell talked about how the producers had wanted her to display a certain personality and not get into commenting too much on the technical aspects of the dances...................Really, why did they hire a former ballerina then??        

I haven't liked all the tears this year either, especially not from the pros!   As for the Showdances, I think they were more or less given to them - by Gilkison.

I think that the team at SCD should make sure that they don't water things down too much........
at this stage in the lifetime of the show  I  think they underestimate what the audience actually want at their peril!

However, at the end of the day, I still love it. Like Jingle, I'll pop in and out of the forum for awhile and I'm already looking forward to the Christmas Day show - it's become a bit of a tradition in our house.

I'll start a thread for 'Dancing on Ice' if people want to do it again........let me know please.

In the meantime, Wishing you all the very best for this Christmas and for the New Year -   As always, I will miss Strictly and talking to all of you!!!!

santa santa santa rendeer rendeer

Last edited by mauveangel09 on Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

mauveangel09

jingle likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:55 pm

Another SCD over and Im sorry Ive been a little distant..Its been a difficult year in all with my Father passing end of April & mom in law with Alzeimers taken into care home for own safety as no capacity over last two months No

Ive caught up with SCD on catch up some Sundays.
For me I have sorely missed the Glitz & Glamour of the very first few series. ITT just not engaged with think my whole SCD world has been out of sync.
I wished Will had got to the Final and for me Helen my favourite.
After Bill Bailey won last year I wondered if we as viewers sought another curve ball to storm through and take the trophy?
Hamza always seemed full of enthusiasim & embraced the whole experience.

The show needs a shake up for me to fall in love again with the show. Judges change, Shirley I think will leave anyway and Motsi to go.
A new co host to bring a new vibe and passion.
A.nton Ive enjoyed and hope he continues to stay.
Two sets of scores Ive always craved for and to show % of public votes re bottom two in the dance off.
Please, please put Couples Choice as a Themed week
.We all can see and compare all styles the couples choose to portray.
Costumes well the budget needs to create a few more dazzling gowns. Bring back the Long tail jackets.

I still have the faith and love for SCD its just as Mauve has said SCD been watered down to much.

Id like a Dancing on Ice thread please.

I wish you all a Happy Christmas & a Peaceful New Year santa rendeer flower
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

mauveangel09 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:31 pm

Even on here we're proving that competition is based as much on popular favouritism as on dance skill. I's the way of the world, but today the young end rule it. Like others, I may pop in from time to time, but God Willing I'll see you all next year. Meantime, God Bless and all he best to you and yours and have a happy and peaceful Christmas. santa
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:49 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:What is unusual about this year's winner is that Hamza wasn't a renowned and well-known/popular celebrity.
It's true CC. Hamza was a complete outsider and still managed to escape the dance-offs.
B4p
B4p

CaledonianCraig likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:55 pm

Twirlie wrote:
Rose and Gio danced in the launch show.
Oh. I didn't see that. I didn't realise she was in a West End Show at the moment either.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:16 pm

I forgot to say that I loved the ensemble dance from the class of 2022. Considering what a mish-mash of dance standards everyone was at the launch show, I thought even Kaye and Tony were moving well. It was so lovely to see them all looking relaxed and happy.

I hope Gio and Gorka are back next year. I think we will have a continual shake-up of the professional dancers and Karen is rumoured to be leaving. I hope Luba gets a contestant to partner next time. Jowita and Vito seem to have settled in well and have come up with some interesting choreography. Will Shirley take L en's place in Dancing with the Stars?

I'm looking forward to the Christmas Special and seeing crazy Br uno again.

I shall keep popping in and out over the next few weeks. I wish you all the type of Christmas that you would wish yourselves, and an exciting new year. It's been a privilege to be part of our super friendly, select band of Strictly followers. Merry Christmas everybody santa rendeer drunken king
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:51 am

Seasons Greetings one and all. Hope 2023 is much improved for you Sax and a good year for us all.

Have you got the sprouts on yet???
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:49 pm

fiftynotout wrote:Have you got the sprouts on yet???
Razz Ace comment jocolor Merry Christmas 50
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:24 am

Dear All
I have watched the last two weeks in dribs and drabs as bbc iplayer won’t let me watch in Canada.
I have been reading all the comments.
I loved Hamza so pleased he won but gutted for Helen.
Thought class of 22 dance was very good.
A peaceful Christmas to you all.

Sprouts I haven’t got them! Mad dash Christmas Eve affraid
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:59 am

Wife loves Brussels sprouts and I can't stand them, like eating bath sponge. Ugh... She loves carrots and peas too, while I prefer cabbage, mushrooms and butter beans. She can't stand chicken or turkey and I'm not a ham lover. Fortunately, we both like steak or beef and her roast spuds are to die for. Christmas at our house is a bit of a fandango. To be honest, Christmas meals are over-rated these days, more tradition then necessity. I prefer a chicken or cold meat sandwich with a bit of raw onion. Odd me? Never....lol!

Amongst it all on a serious note, be thankful for what we have, and God Bless those who have nothing and may they get help to avoid starving. Spare a prayer for them all. 🙏
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

jingle and Twirlie like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:46 pm

I think The Beatles missed a trick there - All you need is ... a good roast potato! Merry Christmas Moova and Tango and anyone else dropping by rendeer santa
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2022 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' Discussion Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread 2022

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:13 pm

Wishing a very Happy and Healthy New Year to anyone who may be dropping in

Hope everyone enjoyed the Christmas Day Special? I thought most of them were pretty good this year.

xx cheers cheers

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:17 pm

Happy New Year to all.

I agree Mauve the Christmas special was very enjoyable. I would have liked Rosie to do series with Neil as he looked most relaxed I have seen him with a partner.

I hope you all have a peaceful and healthy year ahead. Very Happy
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:33 pm

A Happy New Year to one and all. We had a quiet Christmas, but a busier New Year's Eve which was nice. Not a big party but a few neighbours round for a meal, same as usual. I still haven't quite let go of Strictly and go back to see favourite dances every now and then. I didn't last the Christmas Day Strictly sadly. It bored me silly so we switched it off.  

Only 9 months to go till Strictly '23. Roll On......
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:25 pm

I agree about Rosie and Neil - that would have been an interesting partnership for the main show - great chemistry.

I will start off a DOI thread if anyone is interested this year - I think Sax is interested. Last year it was myself, Jingle and Mr T.

Equally if people don't want to do it then that is fine too.

I know what you mean Twirlie - I'm already missing SCD too!

mauveangel09

jingle likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14