Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

+30
lualen
Poppetlovestango
Little Ms Hit
Littlebear
hatlady28
jingle
Maya53
fiftynotout
Pink Pinot Girl
Sofajudge
Lucielle
diamondsandpearls
B4p
133-230-44039-18180-800
sparklypink
Redcurrant
MissingLilia
mauveangel09
kate
gingercodgers
LOST-TANGO
David Tee
Sid
Mslightfoot
MrsArcanum
allsewnonbyhand
chris82
Sadiesamba
saxonsiren
Twirlie
34 posters

Page 8 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 32  Next

Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 8 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Post  Littlebear Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:59 pm

I used to like it when the main show included pros showing how the next week's dances should be done - of course that was possible then, because they very sensibly only did two dances per week then.
Littlebear
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 8 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Post  allsewnonbyhand Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:08 pm

Littlebear wrote:I used to like it when the main show included pros showing how the next week's dances should be done - of course that was possible then, because they very sensibly only did two dances per week then.

Me too LB Crying or Very sad
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:46 am

I hate practically all the song choices this week, particularly for the two Sambas.

Jason, Russel and Alex are the only ones with decent music to dance to.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tee Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:41 pm

Oi Oi Sid - not like you to be negative...

Me, OTOH, I'll slag anything off - and you're right. The song choices were uninspired. And now, with the benefit of hindsight and having seen the show, I imagine the choices were forced on the couples. The producers obviously wanted party-style songs capable of getting 6,000 people off their derrieres and onto their feet.

Business as usual next week - hopefully.

Last edited by David Tee on Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
David Tee
David Tee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:09 am

Oi Oi Mr Tee Cool

I've just read my post back, and I did sound very grumpy didn't I?!

But I think I was right, and the music tonight didn't work. In fact, I thought the whole show was a big anti climax. The arena was simply too big for the dancers to make any impact.

Sorry, promise to cheer up a bit before my next post!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:30 pm

The Step-by-Step Guide = Good VT filler! More dance info cheers Thanks ITT!

I do feel I've learned a lot more from ITT this year: mostly thanks to Top Teacher Mr Waite. Very Happy
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:59 pm

kate wrote:The Step-by-Step Guide = Good VT filler! More dance info cheers Thanks ITT!

I do feel I've learned a lot more from ITT this year: mostly thanks to Top Teacher Mr Waite. Very Happy

Yes absolutely - agree on both counts.
Littlebear
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 8 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present it takes Two

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:41 pm

I've decided that I'm going off Karen Hardy and I have always really liked her. She seems to always 'toe the party line' nowadays and seems loathe to make anything other than very veiled comments when she feels something isn't right rather than come out with some constructive criticism.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:30 am

mauveangel09 wrote:I've decided that I'm going off Karen Hardy and I have always really liked her. She seems to always 'toe the party line' nowadays and seems loathe to make anything other than very veiled comments when she feels something isn't right rather than come out with some constructive criticism.

I know what you mean. Karen was quite gushy about Wembley. How can she say Robbie and Harry's lifts were fantastic when we could see how awkward and clumsy they looked on the screen behind her as she was talking?

I've also found Ian very informative. For instance, I spotted that Alex looked very upright in her Tango when she should have been bending her knees more (as Ian pointed out). My favourite dance of hers is still the Viennese Waltz which she performed ages ago.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  MissingLilia Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:12 am

The Step by Step guide made a very welcome return, last night. Very Happy

I loved Vincent's exposition of the Argentine Tango - it was interesting to learn from him that the last show one that he and Flavia danced was the fastest they've ever danced it and that he was worried they wouldn't finish it (as if!!!)

Also, I agree that Waite's Wednesday Warm Up slot has taught me more (dare I whisper it?) than Le n's former master-classes with Claud (although I must be fair and say I enjoyed those enormously, for Claud's inability to master the most basic steps Laughing ).
MissingLilia
MissingLilia

Back to top Go down

Post  MissingLilia Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:14 am

p.s. I believe it is Zoe's birthday, today... so HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ZOE.. I'm now a convinced fan in respect of your presentation of our beloved ITT! I love you
MissingLilia
MissingLilia

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:56 am

Its the trout lipped ive gone ten rounds with Ali look thats all the rage now!!! YUK YUK re enhanced fillers on lips, boobs and bums!!!!

Why oh why didn't they just show them all a photo of Leslie Ash! Who in my book got over compensated and whined she couldnt work yet ooh look she managed to show up in Holby!!!!

should have given the money to charity

Starting a campaign for free women from looking at trout lips

Sax

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:00 pm

lol! Sax!

Splendid rant Laughing
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:54 pm

MissingLilia wrote:The Step by Step guide made a very welcome return, last night. Very Happy I loved Vincent's exposition of the Argentine Tango...
So did I, Lil, esp. the clip of the dance - they are truly superb.
MissingLilia wrote:I agree that Waite's Wednesday Warm Up slot has taught me more (dare I whisper it?) than Le n's former master-classes with Claud...
I much prefer WWW to LM, it is so much more informative on how postures should look.

Zoe seems very comfortable when Ian is around, but I still wish she wouldn't drool over him. Mind you, if I were held closely in his arms I would probably pass out with sheer joy. Embarassed

Ahem, on something else..
It's been acknowledged here that Zoe is extremely good at drawing people out, so good, in fact, that once or twice something of a sexual nature has been said. It makes me smile when Zoe bats off everything remotely risque, trying to ignore the comment. Seems to me, she's had strict instructions to keep everything clean as it's shown at primetime family viewing. Cool
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tee Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:40 pm

[quote="Lucielle"]
MissingLilia wrote:Ahem, on something else..
It's been acknowledged here that Zoe is extremely good at drawing people out, so good, in fact, that once or twice something of a sexual nature has been said. It makes me smile when Zoe bats off everything remotely risque, trying to ignore the comment. Seems to me, she's had strict instructions to keep everything clean as it's shown at primetime family viewing. Cool

I've noticed that, too Lucille. I put it down to the curse of being-host-in-your-first-series. Give it a couple more years and Zoe will happily be drawing out all the pertinent salacious details. Whether she'll develop Claude's throaty (and very dodgy) laugh is a different issue.

I haven't posted here recently (unless I'm having a senior moment and have forgotten) so apologies if I rant a bit about ITT. Interviews, Costumes, flirting with Ian and guess-the-celeb-in-a-naff animal outfit. Is that all ITT is supposed to be? Where's the creativity, the element of surprise? I'd like to see a show where I couldn't confidently predict 95% of the contents.

David Tee
David Tee

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:00 pm

Hi David, I seem to be the only one that thinks ITT is business as usual just with a different presenter.It doesn't seem a lot different to me, a couple of interviews fluffed out with naff bits here and there.
I could have done without Patricia tonight, she seemed like a spare leg on a table, the other 2 were doing quite well without her input.
gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya53 Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:41 pm

Dare I say it - but I actually find I am preferring Zoe as presenter, miuch as I loved C.laudia. I think the fact that she has been both a contestent (and a fabulous one IMO) she presented the live show last year and was fantastic. If she stays, I think she will really make it her own. Conversely, C.laudia's role on the results show, for me, diminishes her. She doesn't have the time for her personality to overcome her kooky look. and next to Tess at the end they look a bit like the odd couple. Due to work, I don['t always get to see ITT but when I do I still enoy it, there are lots of naff stuff, but I enjoy hearing the contestants, the back stage stuff, C.raig, and Ian. They could lose some of the silly stuff, but they are on the same level as the daft VT's on the mains show. I have also noticed that many of the Points of You they read out are from children, which is fantastic that they are getting in to dance, but just wonder where the show is now aimed at, and who is resposible for all the silly stuff tht hs crept in. Still love it though so not complaining. Just my view.
Maya53
Maya53

Back to top Go down

Post  chris82 Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:55 am

gingercodgers wrote:Hi David, I seem to be the only one that thinks ITT is business as usual just with a different presenter.It doesn't seem a lot different to me, a couple of interviews fluffed out with naff bits here and there.
I could have done without Patricia tonight, she seemed like a spare leg on a table, the other 2 were doing quite well without her input.

I agree, just the input I expect from someone who has never watched the programme.
chris82
chris82

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:49 am

I've a vague memory of Patricias previous role on the panel being to comment on the costumes ....but they're not covered by the Friday panel any more Crying or Very sad

I'm so fickle....would be happy to lose Miranda (especially the jackanory bit) and just keep Tom Ellis!!
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:31 am

Maya - I think I am with you. I think Zoe is getting more useful dance related info out of the interviewees than Claudia did and getting more useful dance info across to the viewer herself from her partnership with Ian. I don't even mind the gushing, which is, at least, fairly mutual. Thought she might have been slightly on dodgy ground suggesting that Chelsee fancies Pasha though.

Agree that Patricia was the weakest link - the other two were hilarious though!
Littlebear
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:16 pm

I'm not sure what to make of the Botafogo Challenge yet - not as silly as the previous two, but potentially still quite revealing about competitive natures.
I wonder if it's better to have shorter legs for this one? Or whether high heels are an advantage or disadvantage? I'm thinking Katya might be quite good at this.
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya53 Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:19 pm

Must say I was pleased to see the retrun of he pro challenge tonight - a welcome relief from some of the other rubbish - am looking forward to seeing the other pros doing this. Would tend to think that some of the men wll excell, but who knows, anyway, glad to see it back. Also thought Anita was both genuine and generous - a real pro and a real lady. Would still rather have seen Robbie go, but it was a close call and it will be a real curve ball if it is not Harry, Chelsea and Jason in the final - even if I would personally rather see Harrry, Chelsea and Holly. Just don't get Jason at all. Like watching paint dry for me. But that's the show, personal choice. Just hope Robbie is next. He is really not up to the standard now, and I for one have seen quite enough of him.
Maya53
Maya53

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:01 pm

kate wrote:I'm not sure what to make of the Botafogo Challenge yet - not as silly as the previous two, but potentially still quite revealing about competitive natures.
Maya53 wrote:Must say I was pleased to see the retrun of he pro challenge tonight - a welcome relief from some of the other rubbish - am looking forward to seeing the other pros doing this.
I agree, Maya, it makes ITT more interesting. I'm hoping that the "guess the pro" and "who's in the costume" has now been binned.
kate wrote:I wonder if it's better to have shorter legs for this one? Or whether high heels are an advantage or disadvantage?..
I would have thought it much easier for Natalie to have worn low heels for this. I think those that do will be faster.
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:10 pm

I love these physical dance challenges for the pros. I love how competitive they get and how embarrassed when it all goes dreadfully wrong. About the heels: the pro ladies dance in heels all the time. Their balance, the way they approach the step is all dependent on the heels. Ian moans every week about Chelsee rehearsing in flats. Many actors will tell you that it is the shoes that are the vital thing for finding a character because that is what sets the walk. The pro ladies would find doing the step out of heels completely discombobulating
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya53 Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:24 pm

hatlady28 wrote:I love these physical dance challenges for the pros. I love how competitive they get and how embarrassed when it all goes dreadfully wrong. About the heels: the pro ladies dance in heels all the time. Their balance, the way they approach the step is all dependent on the heels. Ian moans every week about Chelsee rehearsing in flats. Many actors will tell you that it is the shoes that are the vital thing for finding a character because that is what sets the walk. The pro ladies would find doing the step out of heels completely discombobulating

Hatlady, you just about took the words out of my mouth - though I would not have come up with discomfabullting - fabulous word, worth of CRH. I, sadly, have not been able to wear heels for many years due to a medical condition afffecting my feet, but did make an investment in a pair of proper flameco shoes, from a dance supplier, which have a small heel, but are superbly comfortable, and though I just use them for dress wear rather than the flamenco, they make me feel fabulous. I do so agree that for these fabulous women, dancing in heels is second nature, but thank you again for discomfomfobulating. At my work we have a word of the month which we try to introduce to out reports - now that one is really going to be a challenge, but have already decided it is our next one. If you knew what we do, you would see what a challenlge that is going to be.... Shocked
Maya53
Maya53

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 32  Next