Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

+30
lualen
Poppetlovestango
Little Ms Hit
Littlebear
hatlady28
jingle
Maya53
fiftynotout
Pink Pinot Girl
Sofajudge
Lucielle
diamondsandpearls
B4p
133-230-44039-18180-800
sparklypink
Redcurrant
MissingLilia
mauveangel09
kate
gingercodgers
LOST-TANGO
David Tee
Sid
Mslightfoot
MrsArcanum
allsewnonbyhand
chris82
Sadiesamba
saxonsiren
Twirlie
34 posters

Page 23 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 32  Next

Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 23 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Post  saxonsiren Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Brendan advising a flying bicycle Shocked A.nton advising Brendan to take his top off Razz The friday panel good to see the pointless pair!!I wanted tohear more from Richard & Alexandra. Suprised to hear Biggins advise Danni didn't do it for him! First time Ive heard a negative thought oit loud by a guest!!! He also advised "Who cares ifDvO a professional!" A bit of an unfair disadvantage if DvO had lessons however we had the same issue re Jill Halfpenny!!!! Omg Richard a hoot tonight on the show! Still touchy touch with Erin however his enthusiasim & bubbliness is captivating!!!
From the clips Nicky looked promising,Louis smooth as always,Victoria didn't seem have attitude,Lisa pacey as ever,not keen re clip of James & DvO! Danni & Kimberley looked fabulous.

ITT make Friday the Friday Panel show & an hour long please

Sax

Last edited by saxonsiren on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 23 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Post  hatlady28 Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:05 pm

Ummmmm, the pretence of the Sunday night show barely, barely can be brought off in the BBC studio. WEMBLEY! HELLLO.........Are we meant to believe that the BBC is going to spend money for two nights there? Or maybe the coaches will be at the ready to transport the dancers, selected audience etc. back to the studio....
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:17 pm

Of course its over two nights!! Otherwise the BBC would have to confess that the other weeks were prerecorded too!!! Its totally spoilt the illusion for me Razz. Plus how come there are never any tickets for the Sunday show? Darn that means if your lucky to get a Saturday ticket you get Sunday free!!!! Razz Rolling Eyes

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:27 pm

Hatlady wrote:Ummmmm, the pretence of the Sunday night show barely, barely can be
brought off in the BBC studio. WEMBLEY! HELLLO.........Are we meant to
believe that the BBC is going to spend money for two nights there? Or
maybe the coaches will be at the ready to transport the dancers,
selected audience etc. back to the studio....
I notice C laudia last week referred to the "weekend" shows - no mention of "live on Sunday" and B ruce never mentions it now. It's about time they dropped this pretence altogether. By continuing it the BBC must think we are a stupid bunch of people - and that opinion is a bit of a worry. Shocked
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:21 pm

It seemed C.raig contridicted himself a little tonight!! Advising re DvO hadn't been given a 10 as he felt it didn't warrant a 10! He advised it was better than Team Cola's then Zoe reminded him he gave theirs a 10!!! Almost advising he was forced in the end too darling!!! Difference between DvO & James' & Team Cola's was the fun element the charm between Chris & O.la.Team cola looked in love with the dance itself.Dvo & James' loked slick,professional get the job done routine! No warmth or engaging the viewer into their dance as Team Cola did!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:33 pm

As I have said, Denise is worthy of a professional dance chorus. Slick, great back-up but not a star. You can take your eyes off her.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:36 pm

Wonder what she would need to do to change this! Or can it not be changed?

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya53 Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:02 pm

saxonsiren wrote:It seemed C.raig contridicted himself a little tonight!! Advising re DvO hadn't been given a 10 as he felt it didn't warrant a 10! He advised it was better than Team Cola's then Zoe reminded him he gave theirs a 10!!! Almost advising he was forced in the end too darling!!! Difference between DvO & James' & Team Cola's was the fun element the charm between Chris & O.la.Team cola looked in love with the dance itself.Dvo & James' loked slick,professional get the job done routine! No warmth or engaging the viewer into their dance as Team Cola did!!

Sax
Completely agree with this Sax - it was technically very good, but sort of clinical, and for me lacked the wow factor that Team cola had. I remember giving them my own standing ovation that night. Very Happy
Maya53
Maya53

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:10 pm

saxonsiren wrote:It seemed C.raig contridicted himself a little tonight!! Advising re DvO hadn't been given a 10 as he felt it didn't warrant a 10! He advised it was better than Team Cola's then Zoe reminded him he gave theirs a 10!!!
It's worth bearing in mind that Team Cola only got 10s for their Charleston when they repeated it in the Final - when the judges usually give more generous scores anyway, when they don't count. The first time they performed it, Team Cola got 8s from C.raig & L.en and 9s from Alesha & B.runo, for a total of 34. That score was fair enough imo, and shows that C.raig did rate Denise & James' effort higher at this stage of the competition. I haven't been defending C.raig much this series, but I don't think he's contradicted himself over the question of his favourite charleston. Comparing 10s handed out like sweeties in the final to marks awarded in earlier rounds is not valid.

Re what Denise could do to emerge from 'the chorus line', I think it comes down to projecting personality/character in the dance to hold our attention. I think that's the 'sparkle' Karen Hardy was referring to a week or so ago. I'll be interested to hear what she has to say tomorrow, as long as she's not been press-ganged into saying everything about Wembley was fab-u-lous! Mad
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:56 pm

Natalie welling up, Richard welling up, lovely show tonight.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:31 pm

I have really warmed to Natalie this series, she has come across so well and done a fab job with Michael- that was touching tonight.

Referring to your earlier post Sax I think C.raig said what lots of us were saying that night about DVO- technically great, but clinical and COLD, no razzle dazzle...unlike Co.la which was the polar opposite and made me smile- isn't that what Charleston is supposed to do?
(runs away from Mr D before he throws something at me!)

Last edited by allsewnonbyhand on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : auto change! ;))
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:23 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:I have really warmed to Natalie this series, she has come across so well and done a fab job with Michael- that was touching tonight.

Referring to your earlier post Sax I think C.raig said what lots of us were saying that night about DVO- technically great, but clinical and COLD, no razzle dazzle...unlike Co.la which was the polar opposite and made me smile- isn't that what Charleston is supposed to do?
(runs away from Mr D before he throws something at me!)

Do not make yourself uneasy dear lady (see what I did there?) Very Happy

Women can be more critical of others of their sex than men at times. I just don't see the coldness and clinical aspects of DVO that others do. Doesn't mean I'm right. Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:32 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:
Do not make yourself uneasy dear lady (see what I did there?) Very Happy

Oooh Mr D I am all of a flutter Embarassed ...but if you'll excuse me I must take my leave of you for it is a school night and I have to get up for work tomorrow...I bid you goodnight Sleep
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  MissingLilia Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:44 am

allsewnonbyhand wrote:I have really warmed to Natalie this series, she has come across so well and done a fab job with Michael- that was touching tonight.

Couldn't agree, more, Alls! Natalie left me cold in previous series. I felt she was too driven and overambitious and didn't take into account the standard/potential of her partners sufficiently. I think we've seen a warmer side of her this series and I've enjoyed her appearances on ITT, so far.

Hopefully, she can continue the good work with Michael, but I still have doubts about his latin, though, and as has been said in other threads yesterday/this morning, he has a few tricky dances ahead of him yet.

MissingLilia
MissingLilia

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:19 am

My email programme has decided the the emails from this thread and the Honesty one are junk.....very curious....
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tee Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:49 am

hatlady28 wrote:My email programme has decided the the emails from this thread and the Honesty one are junk.....very curious....

Very Happy Alternatively, light years ahead of us in intelligence....

E-mail spam filters tend to get into a tizzy about links in e-mails, particularly from places they've never heard of.

Last nights ITT: the B.runo Baloney slot. 5 seconds of content spun out into 90 seconds across 2 slots. With all the sideways glances, arched eyebrows and pursed lips, one can only assume the Italian rapscallion has been watching reruns of Up Pompeii.
David Tee
David Tee

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:47 am

Or maybe B.runo is actually rehearsing to play Virgil from The Thunderbirds as a theatre show!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:48 pm

Even Karen Hardy advised Dvo's & James not the best Charleston! Karen prefered Team Cola's!!!
Re Lisa she glossed over the frenzied routine I felt.Karen advised Flavia had taken a risk & sometimes it pays off but she felt on this occasion it didn't.Michhael she felt stole the show.Victoria failed re musicality. Karen advised Danni she would give a 10 too!!! Good to hear that!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:58 pm

Danni 3rd place with 150 ruffles!!!! 2000 sequins on the top Shocked .Number two Victoria? I couldn't understand why 2nd place!! First choice omg Lisa's dress!!!! Im shocked I disliked it!!!! I felt Danni's dress much better than the other two 4 & 1/2 thousand crystals on the lace it still didn't sell the dress to me!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya53 Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:35 pm

I gave Danni and Vincent a 10 (bet they are made up about that!) and DVO a 9. Also just do not get the fashion guy - bring back Hilary - please. Thought Karen was spot on with all her comments as she ususally is imo.
Maya53
Maya53

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:56 pm

Good show - apart from JM, who I haven't bothered with since Week 1 - he's too noisy!

Not only are Dani & Vincent dancing better each week but their bond is getting stronger. I look forward to their interviews in the same way I do Michael & Nat's - they're relaxed and always manage to make me laugh. Glad they're giving them more amusing VTs as opposed to ones of Dani moaning that her feet hurt!

I can't make up my mind about Nicky & Karen. As soon as I wash my hands of them, something happens to make me reconsider. There was more of a togetherness about them tonight. Nicky was talking in terms of "we" instead of "I", he included Karen in the conversation more, there was no moping or sulking after being in the dance-off. It was a positive interview. And Hardy defended their choreography and technique so maybe their Jive wasn't so bad after all? Glad they're still in the show anyway.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:02 pm

That Julian McDoodlebug is disturbing my equalibrium. Off with him. I did, A headache on legs. Has he got any, I've never seen his stood up. I missed the last five minutes because of him. 9000 pieces of crystal? Why tell people three days after the show?
Lisa's Christmas tree shortie nightie best frock of the week? I'm going to start watching the news on Wednesdays.

Team-Cola Charlston better than Denise and James's? In your dreams. Audience appeal wise, maybe, dance-wise, never. Love Karen Hardy, but dear dear.

Did Zoe take a breath tonight? She asks a question then can't wait for the answer before moving on to something else.

That's it, I think. Oh, wait...those American diving boots Dani had on. Good Lord. Amen. Wink

TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:14 pm

TANGOLERO wrote: I missed the last five minutes because of him. 9000 pieces of crystal? Why tell people three days after the show?
I can see why you say that Mr D. JM's slot is Tuesday, perhaps they could bring it forward to Monday to make it more relevant? scratch I find it fascinating the amount of work and materials that go into these dresses and I like to see the celebs showing them off. Am I sad...?
TANGOLERO wrote:Lisa's Christmas tree shortie nightie best frock of the week? I'm going to start watching the news on Wednesdays.
Laughing I agree. Perhaps he meant in terms of work effort. Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 23 1076-shrug
TANGOLERO wrote:Team-Cola Charlston better than Denise and James's? In your dreams. Audience appeal wise, maybe, dance-wise, never. Love Karen Hardy, but dear dear.
Yes technically she got that wrong, but then is the winning dance going to be on technical merit alone? Just wondering...?
TANGOLERO wrote:Did Zoe take a breath tonight? She asks a question then can't wait for the answer before moving on to something else.
I agree. I have been slightly irritated these past few nights by her manic exuberance over Wem-ber-ley. Mad
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Ms Hit Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:49 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

Team-Cola Charlston better than Denise and James's? In your dreams. Audience appeal wise, maybe, dance-wise, never. Love Karen Hardy, but dear dear.

I'm no big Chris Hollins fan, but for me the Charleston is about fun and they definitely topped DVO in that regard, it's ALL about audience appeal IMO. I'm afraid I must defer to KH on this one Mr D, they certainly captured the spirit of the dance WAY more than DVO and James did, BUT I'm willing to allow that the Wembley factor affected that to a certain degree.
Little Ms Hit
Little Ms Hit

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:49 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:That Julian McDoodlebug is disturbing my equalibrium. Off with him.
Laughing Excellent rant Tango. He does seem to go for garish in his top 3 - or, as Hatlady has suggested, is required to choose them. Perhaps we should open betting on which ones he 'picks' after the weekend show?

On the Cola vs VanJam Charleston debate, I guess it all comes down to personal preference on what you want to see in a Charleston. VanJam had excellent technique, and I liked the imaginative incorporation of Egyptian styling, but Cola were stronger on projecting the character side of the dance (with not enough technique imo). I agree with Ms Hit that the Wembley factor may have been a handicap for VanJam projecting character, but I don't think it's been one of Denise's strengths so far anyway. As for my ideal Strictly Charleston, I want strong technique, imaginative choreography and the fun character all combined in one dance. I'm still waiting, Strictly...

Going back to Sid's point about the choreography of Nicky & Karen's Jive. I didn't mind the rock & roll style to it, because there were still Jive steps in there. I think we have seen other elements incorporated into Jive before - Artem uses what looks to me like a flavour of West Coast Swing in his, and I think James had some Lindy steps in his Jive for Denise. That's fine by me. But I would have liked to see better control from Nicky, and his posture and footwork need more work.
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 32  Next