Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

+30
lualen
Poppetlovestango
Little Ms Hit
Littlebear
hatlady28
jingle
Maya53
fiftynotout
Pink Pinot Girl
Sofajudge
Lucielle
diamondsandpearls
B4p
133-230-44039-18180-800
sparklypink
Redcurrant
MissingLilia
mauveangel09
kate
gingercodgers
LOST-TANGO
David Tee
Sid
Mslightfoot
MrsArcanum
allsewnonbyhand
chris82
Sadiesamba
saxonsiren
Twirlie
34 posters

Page 24 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 24 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Post  jingle Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:35 pm

I'd quite like to be on planet McDonald for a while, looks fun. Was half expecting to see a postie plodding the streets in Kimberleys salsa frock, but I guess even ITT has its limits.

On the charleston debate, my vote goes to Cola. Their wow factor imo wasn't just the fun element but the sheer unexpectedness of it (doubt very much he would've won without that routine) On the other hand excellence was expected of DvO (as were the 10s) - it's a curious thing that someone can be 'too good' in a competition, but she is.

I really liked Nickys jive - one thing I like about him is he's not scared to throw himself into a character (same as his Mask dance). However I'm still getting that 'Jared feeling' about Karen.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 24 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Post  Littlebear Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:20 pm

Oh yes Karen is absolutely the female Jared.

Now. Chraleston. Ali wuz robbed ;-) Forget Cola & VanJam. I am sure both have their merits. But the Charleston crown still goes to Ali with the most undeservedly underrated Charleston ever. Storytelling and beautiful technique.
Littlebear
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:57 pm

I cannot recall Ali's Charleston its frustrating me!! I shall go & look it up.She danced with Brian Fortuna?! I recall they used "American Boy" once.What did happen to Brian??

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:11 pm

Think he was replaced at the same time as Darren and Ian, when Artem, Robin & Jared joined.
Littlebear
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:50 pm

Brian was kinda stuck on himself.......Artem, Robin and Pasha are grown-ups.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:32 pm

Shocked I think Zoe has been raiding DvO's make up bag with that redlipstick

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:09 pm

saxonsiren wrote: Shocked I think Zoe has been raiding DvO's make up bag with that redlipstick

Sax

Good grief. Was that mouth exageration? Looked like a folded over lifebelt. What a Face
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:54 pm

A folded over lifeboat it could have been!!!I At least Zoe didn't follow trout lips style as in Lesley Ash! Now thats at least a folded over lifeboat in each lip!!! Whatever hapened to soft peach,warm bronze & lovely plum lipsticks??

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:49 pm

I sense Brendan is ready to leave now. Not because of any tensions between him and Victoria but because he knows their dancing has gone as far as it's going to go and he wants to spend time with his heavily pregnant wife (which I can understand). There wasn't much enthusiasm from him about the upcoming Salsa.

Potentially four brilliant dances this week - VanJam's AS, Smurf's Samba, Louis's Paso and Kimba's Tango. Will be interesting to see who tops the leaderboard. Maybe the couple that dance last?
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:44 pm

I feel like commenting on Russell's stats bit today, so skip this post if that's not your thing.

I think it's working much better now that they're focussing on one topic (in addition to the training figures) each week. I'd like them to have shown more of the clip of Louisa's Jive, and maybe include a couple of clips each time to give the stats slot more interest for non-stats folk.

I thought the 10s stats Russell showed could have done with a few more comments for context:
On the number of 10s per series, it was worth pointing out that the length of series in weeks has changed quite a bit since Strictly started. A longer series gives more opportunities to score 10s and longer for celebs to build on what they've learned and so deliver better performances.
On the number of 10s each judge has awarded, it might have been better to show it as a proportion of the number of dances they've scores, although C.raig, L.en and B.runo have scored almost the same number (apart from L.en's week off). That gives a judging 10-fest scale of Alesha (14.7%), B.runo (9.4%), L.en (7.4%), Darcey (6.7% - not yet a complete series), Arlene (6.4%) and C.raig (2.4%). That really underlines how stingey C.raig is with his 10s when you compare to Arlene and Darcey.
I thought the Top 10 of the celebs who had scored the most 10s was the most interesting. Russell did point out the low number of eventual winners on the list. They were Alesha (series 5), Kara (series 8 ) and Harry (series 9). The important question is WHY. First thing I noticed is that both Kara & Harry won in years when Alesha was on the judging panel, so a lot more 10s were given out. It was also worth noting that, in order to get a lot of 10s, you've got to be a high scorer fairly early on in the series - so this underlines the point that the voting public prefers their winner to be someone with more of a j-word, who hasn't been ahead from the start - Alesha winning being the notable exception.

ITT should do more talking round the figures if they want to make them more interesting.

Last edited by kate on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo city)
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:49 pm

Missed tonights ITT as an hour short trip to Dusseldorf home turned into two hours on the M42,rain,wind & broken down trucks!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:08 pm

kate wrote:

I think it's working much better now that they're focussing on one topic (in addition to the training figures) each week. I'd like them to have shown more of the clip of Louisa's Jive, and maybe include a couple of clips each time to give the stats slot more interest for non-stats folk.

I too thought the stats were more interesting tonight and would have liked a few clips as a reminder of certain dances. Perhaps as the series goes on and there are less couples they might just do that. I think they forget that not everyone has seen every series.
gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:20 pm

All very valid and interesting points Kate. ITT should have you on! I wish the judges used the 10 more sparingly so that when they did award the perfect score, it was more meaningful and special.

Sax - What a nightmare. It's horribly gusty out there tonight x

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:04 pm

It's worth catching up on tonight's show Sax - they showed a VT of Ian & Karen talking about the origins and history of the Charleston. Thought of you when I saw it, because we were talking about the history of the dances a few weeks ago.
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:08 pm

I shall watch it tomorrow!!! Im worn out & didn't sleep well last night! It does sound interesting re origins ofthe Charleston Very Happy . Tomorrow going be stuck in friday afternoon traffic!! P.O.E.T.S day!!! Our trees down coumtry lane all over road!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 24 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present 'It Takes Two'

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:21 pm

I really enjoy Russells slot on Thursdays and I enjoyed the stats tonight - I had totally forgotten that Louisa Lytton got a '10' so early in the series and was surprised about Ricky Whittle. I was also heartened to see that the number of '10's given out has not simply got higher and higher each year - I'm afraid I approve more of C raigs tally and hope he continues stick to his guns about not giving '10s' until the closing weeks.......however I agree with Kate, there needed to be more explanation around the stats given as some of the series were indeed longer than the others.

I don't know whether the years when there was only two couples in the final had a bearing on any of it? I supported Alesha to win during her series, but I think it would have been more interesting had Kelly Brook not had to withdraw. In their year, I loved Ali and Brian - there was a rather scary thread on the Beeb boards made up of people who adored Brian Fortuna - I got adopted by it because I was supporting them - it seemed a safe place to lurk in those days - things got chaotic on those boards if you remember.........sorry to reminisce.. I like anything that goes back and analyses the different years as I think they have all been so unique and have had their own 'twists' - there is a real 'back story' which might be difficult for some people as I agree that ITT always assumes that people have watched all the series - It would be great to see more clips of earlier series - I'm sure we all have our favourites - I really enjoyed the Rachel/Lisa/Tom year - what a twist at the end!!! Might we see something like that this year???? Rolling Eyes

Sorry you had such a poor short trip to Dusseldorf home from work tonight Sax - the weather is terrible!! Hope it is better tomorrow. I've returned to work this week - only half days. I had do the afternoon today but luckily someone gave me a lift home as I am not driving yet - luckily I work locally so I sympathise with those who have difficult motorway drives in poor weather!!!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  David Tee Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:26 am

That was a great clip from Ian and Karen about the origins of the Charleston. I wish they'd do more stuff like that and abandon fluff like the mystery feet and farmyard animals.

Sticking with the Charleston, if Nicky can pull it off, I think he might find himself not just back out of the danger zone but up among the front runners. The routine looks unusual - and that's always worth an extra point or two.

Elsewhere, Brendan seems to have given up on Victoria and the other one I expect to struggle this week is Lisa.
David Tee
David Tee

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:07 am

Speaking up for Lisa. I was impressed that in the training footage, she and Robin are playing it straight. I wouldn't write her off. If she allows herself to be gentle and tender, which as an actress, she should be able to do, their rumba could be very moving. They have also given her a different style of dress from what she has worn so far, very pretty and potentially graceful.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:26 pm

Visually, his Paso looks great (elegant lines, nice shaping) but Louis is going to need to create more impetus when he dances tomorrow night. Once again I found him lacking in expression and drive. It was a shortish clip though and without performance enhancers like outfits, make-up and the band.

Friday panel didn't work for me this time. You could tell none of them were die hard fans of the show They were just there to promote themselves. I got the feeling the one who claimed he couldn't pick a winner couldn't actually recall any of the contestants!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Sid wrote:
Friday panel didn't work for me this time. You could tell none of them were die hard fans of the show They were just there to promote themselves. I got the feeling the one who claimed he couldn't pick a winner couldn't actually recall any of the contestants!

yeah, thought that was a bit annoying...hope the Friday panel doesn't just turn into whoever's on the promotion rounds no no no Beeb!!! we want die hard fans!
...Actually I can think of a few who wouldn't even charge a fee..... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ....who's in????
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya53 Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:01 pm

Anybody else finding the 'zany' animal choice slot increasingly annoying when there is so much else they could use the time with. I mean - well, it's just rubbish really. Lucky Zoe having El Diva sing her Happy Birthday, and Ian Waite as well......think all the dances are looking exciting, but not the music choices. I know I am a bit of a traditionalist, but some of them just really defy the spirit of the dance. I loved the quote from on of the El Diva guys and would appreciate if someone could post it in full and who said it - my memory is not what it was. Something about when the passion is too much for words sing, when it is too much to sing, dance. I actually liked that they were honest about their thoughts. Especially on the music.
Maya53
Maya53

Back to top Go down

Post  Maya53 Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:04 pm

hatlady28 wrote:Speaking up for Lisa. I was impressed that in the training footage, she and Robin are playing it straight. I wouldn't write her off. If she allows herself to be gentle and tender, which as an actress, she should be able to do, their rumba could be very moving. They have also given her a different style of dress from what she has worn so far, very pretty and potentially graceful.

I agree with you here Hatlady, I think this dance has the potential to show a whole other side to Lisa and Robin, and I certainly would not write her off - the rumba is notoriously difficult for the celebs, but just maybe, Lisa and Robin can bring something different to it. I hope so anyway.
Maya53
Maya53

Back to top Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 24 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present 'it Takes Two'

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:39 pm

Whilst they obviously weren't die hard fans I appreciated the honest comments from some of the Il Divo boys about some of the music choices for tomorrow night which IMO are not exactly inspired!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:45 pm

Sid wrote:The Friday panel didn't work for me this time. You could tell none of them were die hard fans of the show They were just there to promote themselves. I got the feeling the one who claimed he couldn't pick a winner couldn't actually recall any of the contestants!
Very good points there, Sid. (I'm not agreeing again, am I ? Laughing) but I did love their rendition of "Happy Birthday".
Maya53 wrote:Anybody else finding the 'zany' animal choice slot increasingly annoying when there is so much else they could use the time with.
I suppose that and stuff like it is to break up Zoe's chatting and we do need that break, but I could easily do without it. The animal routing out the cardboard couple is a fix. Anyone can see that something has been put down to attract the animals to a particular couple. Rolling Eyes

I think Michael will do well tomorrow. He has three things going for him. One, that traditionally this dance doesn't require many steps from the male, two - that he can do lifts which he is good at and, three - Natalie will be the focus of attention again and all eyes will be riveted on her.
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:12 pm

I didn't enjoy the friday night panel!! More of a gorgeous happy birthday chorus for Zoe!! Where is the magazine guy!? Rufus? Where is the author? Used to love Pauline Collins on there too!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next