Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

+30
lualen
Poppetlovestango
Little Ms Hit
Littlebear
hatlady28
jingle
Maya53
fiftynotout
Pink Pinot Girl
Sofajudge
Lucielle
diamondsandpearls
B4p
133-230-44039-18180-800
sparklypink
Redcurrant
MissingLilia
mauveangel09
kate
gingercodgers
LOST-TANGO
David Tee
Sid
Mslightfoot
MrsArcanum
allsewnonbyhand
chris82
Sadiesamba
saxonsiren
Twirlie
34 posters

Page 25 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 25 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:24 pm

Quite like Il Divo and enjoyed the training clips. The rest...????
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 25 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Post  kate Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:33 am

David Tee wrote:Elsewhere, Brendan seems to have given up on Victoria...
Probably feels like he's fighting to hold back the tide. After having the bicycle theme and music imposed on them last week, they've been given Salsa this week after sticking to strict B/L rotation all series so far. Victoria would have had a better chance to recover from the Paso with ballroom, or maybe the Jive, rather than Salsa. Plus Jacqui has choreographed a Salsa routine with lots of armography for them, which could go horribly wrong. It feels like they're being pointed at the Exit sign and given a good shove. I'd be pretty miffed in Brendan's shoes too!

We haven't had a rousing chorus of "FIX!" over Strictly for a while, but the producers and judges are sailing perilously close to the wind at the moment, if you ask me.

I thought it was a nice idea to invite Il Divo on to the Friday Panel to sing Happy Birthday to Zoe. Not bothered myself that they had more to say about the music than the dancing, since it's what they know best.
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:48 am

kate wrote:
We haven't had a rousing chorus of "FIX!" over Strictly for a while, but the producers and judges are sailing perilously close to the wind at the moment, if you ask me.
Oooh, I do like a good conspiracy theory. I've no idea who's on the tour, but I'm guessing that Victoria isn't. It does feel like now she's achieved Wembley week and they've used this years equivalent of the Russell canon that her job's done in the eyes of producers and Brendan.
Although, to be fair, the flaw in the conspiracy theory is that she probably is the weakest dancer left (but I'll overlook that!)

Friday night panel wasn't much about the dancing - but I did silently cheer when El Divo kept slagging off the music choices (with Zoe trying to hastily move on).

Training clip of Dani looked great, also Nicky and Kimberly. I see DvO and James are still playing the 'finding it so difficult, she's not getting it' story (why?!). Bit worried about clip of Louis, hope he'll be able to get the paso attitude tonight.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:25 am

Gosh Kate there's something in that conspiracy theory that sounds quite plausible (and I am NO conspiracy theorist - in fact I can't remember a conspiracy theory I have ever been in favour of!). I think something in Brendan's attitude gives credence to it. I am starting to feel some sympathy for Brendan and I never have before. He does seem to be thinking "a bit more time and I am sure I could have cracked this and got her to dance, but the bikes, paso music and armograhphy are really not giving me a chance so let's have a dignified exit please."

But why? What's their motivation? As Jingle said, she's clearly the weakest dancer so her days are numbered anyway (barring in a massive breakthrough, in which case fair enough if she stays), so why won't they just let things take their natural course?

I think the fact that Brendan is so obviously struggling to toe the line and be diplomatic about th music choices/choreo/props imposed does suggest you are right. I just can't understand why. If someone would just give Brendan a couple too many after show drinks I feel sure the whole story would come out on twitter ...
Littlebear
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 25 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present 'It takes two'

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:51 am

I think Brendan has done well with her, it has been a good partnership and he has got further than he did with Lulu last year. I too think it is her time to go - definitely an exit if she lands in the DO - however it will be interesting to see whether GBP put her there or not..................

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:37 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:
I think Brendan has done well with her, it has been a good partnership and he has got further than he did with Lulu last year. I too think it is her time to go - definitely an exit if she lands in the DO - however it will be interesting to see whether GBP put her there or not..................

Effectively he got a great partner. Attractive, compatible in size and a model of fitness. Her coordination however seems restricted to tunnel vision over a pair of handlebars. Instead of embracing dance she seems frightened to death of it. I feel a bit sorry for her but she just doesn't seem to have either confidence, fight or dainty feet. Can't see her making a miracle recovery now.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:53 pm

Have had the week from hell so watching everything two or three days late (all strictly in time order though). For the first time ever I fast forwarded through some of ITT (the Russell Grant stats bit). I want Current gossip. Didn't think Il Divo worked as a Friday panel but loved Zoe's birthday treat, perhaps they are her favourites?

One more s.leb to go and we are at the business end of the competition. I'm thinking it will probably be Victoria.

Two close relatives doing well in hospital so things are looking up. Lowlight of the week was saying goodbye to my 14 year old Manchester terrier on Wednesday. He's in the garden now with two other much loved pets so at least home where he belongs.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:14 pm

fiftynotout wrote:Two close relatives doing well in hospital so things are looking up. Lowlight of the week was saying goodbye to my 14 year old Manchester terrier on Wednesday. He's in the garden now with two other much loved pets so at least home where he belongs.

That's heartbreaking fifty (((hugs)))

I'm glad your family in hospital are doing better though. Sounds like a very emotional week hun x

On Brendan - I don't think he's miffed at given the Salsa. I think he realises he's got Victoria as far as he can with the dancing, they've had a good time together, but he would be content to leave at this point and let the better dancers fight it out. I think his excitement has drifted away from dancing with an Olympic champion on Strictly to the imminent arrival of his & Zoe's baby.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:23 pm

Not sure I'd put too much stress on the number of youtube re-views as a guide. Michael may well be seen as someone to promote against the obvious favourites. I still think the last four will be DVO, Louis, Kimberley and Dani with Michael possibly in fifth spot. Then again....who really knows?

Commiserations on your pet Fifty. Lousy thing when an old friend goes. I've been there. Time's a healer, you're obviously a pet lover and I'm sure you have another friend somewhere along the line.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:30 pm

I agree with your final four Mr D but still expect Lisa to be fifth.

Thanks for your kind words guys. Little Baz was my first ever dog and will be sorely missed but, yes, the two Dobes and the two cats will help with the pain.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:32 pm

fiftynotout wrote:Two close relatives doing well in hospital so things are looking up. Lowlight of the week was saying goodbye to my 14 year old Manchester terrier on Wednesday. He's in the garden now with two other much loved pets so at least home where he belongs.
Oh, how sad. I wish that dogs could live as long as us. It doesn't seem fair. You have had an awful week fifty - chin up. flower flower

If there is a conspiracy going on, I think it's because the 'powers that be' worry that Victoria might go through on votes alone and knock out potentially better dancers than her. If she's in the DO, I think the judges may let her go - they wouldn't want the show to become a farce over her popularity. Does that make sense? scratch
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:43 pm

At least the weaker dancers are still able to get scores in the twenties. Not like previous years when the likes of JS and AW were getting voted through by the GBP on votes of 11 and 12. Now that was farcical.

Thanks Lucy (())
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:12 pm

fiftynotout wrote:At least the weaker dancers are still able to get scores in the twenties. Not like previous years when the likes of JS and AW were getting voted through by the GBP on votes of 11 and 12. Now that was farcical. Thanks Lucy (())

Shades of "Perils of Pauline" Garraway and Chris Parker. Strictly Legends. Who can ever forget those magnificent paso bumblies with the sack of coal ( JS) and the table cloth?(CP) Very Happy
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:33 pm

I am sorry to hear re your beloved Manchester Terriet Crying or Very sad I can sympathise pets bring so much comfort & companionship.Even two years after losing my Labrador aged 13 I still miss her terribly.Half her ashes in a potted Rose the other in wooden box with plaque.

Best wishes & speedy recovery for your relatives too flower

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:48 pm

fiftynotout wrote:At least the weaker dancers are still able to get scores in the twenties. Not like previous years when the likes of JS and AW were getting voted through by the GBP on votes of 11 and 12. Now that was farcical.

Thanks Lucy (())

Definitely. Everyone's gone on their own j0urney. Victoria has improved in her own way, as has Nicky and as did Fern and Richard.

And even when viewers do choose to keep the rubbish dancers, I can't argue. It's democracy in action.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:54 pm

Oh bless CP & mmmm yuk re marching Quality Street Soldier JS!!! Shocked I want to forget that dance!! Did Widdy do a Paso?
As for "Fix!" I feel the only other one is overmarking of Lisa!! The judges yes warned re not making reference re size/weight etc! However I do feel poor footwork etc has been glossed over for the feel good factor of Lisa.
I have seen the j.ourney made re Michael & Nicky yet not with Lisa or Victoria!
Brendan has impending fatherhood to look forward too! So I feel he wouldn't mind leaving this week.

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:25 pm

belated ((hug))) Fifty I'm so sorry to hear about your family and little Baz . Always in your heart
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:15 pm

Sorry to hear about your awful week Fifty ((()))

I think what I was getting at with my late night conspiracy ramblings was something along the lines of them trying to lead us in a too obvious way about who should stay and who should go.
On the question of the judging/marking of Lisa, it occurs to me that they usually trust the public to vote through the popular entertainment couple. I think the judges' job is to mark on technical quality of the dance and point out what needs improving. Lisa probably does have the voter support to reach the QF / SF stage without a leg-up from the judges, so it does seem odd to me that they've been unusually generous to her and appear to be lining other people up for exit.
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:33 pm

Thanks everyone ((()))

What I hear from the judges about Lisa is comments about her musicality, her perfect timing, her mastering the steps etc. I do not get the impression that she is being over-marked, based on their comments. Perhaps her strengths are very high on the list of what the judges are looking for. I am looking forward to seeing how she tackles the rhumba.

Michael, on the other hand, lacks all of the things that Lisa is good at. Even when he gets it right it is only after hours and hours of repetitive practising. He doesn't have a rhythmic bone in his body whereas Lisa has natural ability. As somebody said on another thread, it would be disappointing if Michael reached the final without first mastering Latin dancing. Since he only has Latin dances left I suspect he will be for the chop soon enough.

fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:43 pm

fiftynotout wrote:Michael, on the other hand, lacks all of the things that Lisa is good at. Even when he gets it right it is only after hours and hours of repetitive practising. He doesn't have a rhythmic bone in his body whereas Lisa has natural ability. As somebody said on another thread, it would be disappointing if Michael reached the final without first mastering Latin dancing. Since he only has Latin dances left I suspect he will be for the chop soon enough.
My thoughts exactly. Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 25 T2722
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 25 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present 'It Takes Two'

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:29 pm

I think that Lisa and Michael have very different qualities - but not enough of either to warrant a place in the final. I admire Michael's progress but I very much agree about the fact that he has not mastered latin sufficiently to be in the final - I don't think he will be in the final - although I'm not quite ready to say Goodbye to him. For me worthy finalists are those who have mastered both disciplines (even team C put a vest on you strumpet managed that).

I know I am coming to this conversation late but I am so sorry to hear about your dog Fifty - we lost our cat in September and it was unbearable, so know what you are going through. Just try to focus on all the good memories. Last month we got two new Russian Blue kittens - I thought it might be a bit too soon but it has been the right decision. I am so glad you have other pets to console you.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:36 pm

Commiserations from me too Fifty. It's such a wrench to lose a pet, even when you know they've had a long and happy life.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:01 am

mauveangel09 wrote:

I know I am coming to this conversation late but I am so sorry to hear about your dog Fifty - we lost our cat in September and it was unbearable, so know what you are going through. Just try to focus on all the good memories. Last month we got two new Russian Blue kittens - I thought it might be a bit too soon but it has been the right decision. I am so glad you have other pets to console you.

Thanks. We lost one of our cats last month as well (the one called Sid) so it's all a bit much but, you're right, we should celebrate their life, not their death x
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  salsarae Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:31 am

Very sorry about your losses Fifty (()).
salsarae
salsarae

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:54 pm

All seems a pretty even playing field to me: A 72 year old grandad, a 55 year old housewife, a sixteen stone actress, a 7ft James Bond baddie, boyband and girlband singers, a soap actor, a teenage hellcat, an olympic gymnast, a cricketer and a cyclist. What more do you want? Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28 ... 32  Next