Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other TV programmes you like or loathe

+17
hatlady28
TANGOLERO
Sadiesamba
TompsHB
Maya53
mauveangel09
kate
B4p
MissingLilia
Poppetlovestango
lualen
gingercodgers
Sid
vonee21
fiftynotout
allsewnonbyhand
Lucielle
21 posters

Page 8 of 28 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next

Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 8 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  jingle Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:18 pm

Gnashing of teeth and wails all round...so close and yet so far for both Lewis and Alonso (and also for gingercodgers and that £140)
Sigh, there's always next year..........
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Other TV programmes you like or loathe - Page 8 Empty Re: Other TV programmes you like or loathe

Post  Lucielle Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:25 pm

As shocks go this comes way way down the list but to say I'm disappointed is an understatement. The gorgeous Dan Stevens is quitting Downton - his last appearance will be the first episode of the new series. I hope it's a temporary thing because he was one of the main attractions for me. Shallow I know. I shall probably still keep watching but not with quite the same enthusiasm. Embarassed
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:03 pm

jingle wrote:Gnashing of teeth and wails all round...so close and yet so far for both Lewis and Alonso (and also for gingercodgers and that £140)

What a race!!!!!!!!!!
It was all going so well at the begining but you have to hand it to Seb,the boy can drive.
gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:04 pm

Most likely a change of actor.A lot of actors get arrogant re a successful series then try & move on yet a few never capture that success again. Thats MO but hey probably no one else thinks that.

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppetlovestango Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:38 pm

Jingle
Gnashing of teeth and wails all round...so close and yet so far for both Lewis and Alonso (and also for gingercodgers and that £140)

Gingercodgers
What a race!!!!!!!!!!
It was all going so well at the begining but you have to hand it to Seb,the boy can drive.

Totally agree with you both

And cheers to Michael Schumacher retiring gracefully.
Poppetlovestango
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:43 pm

Poppetlovestango wrote:
And cheers to Michael Schumacher retiring gracefully.

I'll miss Jake as well Sad
gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppetlovestango Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:50 pm

Gingercodgers any ideas as to who will take over from Jake,
just hope he's not doing a swap with Gary Lineker affraid
Poppetlovestango
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:13 pm

Not got a clue, I'm just hoping they don't leave the other two on their own What a Face
I wish they would get Brundle back for the grid walk and for the commentary with DC.
gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:57 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Most likely a change of actor.
You think maybe the character will remain but another actor take over? I wonder if Lady Mary will notice? It certainly would solve the problem about what to do about her, otherwise she may be taking a rest as well.
saxonsiren wrote:A lot of actors get arrogant re a successful series then try & move on yet a few never capture that success again.
That does happen frequently, esp in Eastenders where the turnover is quite high - then the character reappears years later, once their attempt to 'go it alone' has failed. Not that I ever watch EE of course - it's what people tell me. Cool
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:24 pm

Well in Dallas they killed Bobby then two series later he stepped out of a shower & it had been a dream!! Im sure Lady Mary won't notice really!! !If they didn't use another actor then either Matthew has to have
a) Shock death
b) Go away to Ireland to learn about farming
c) Lose his powers of walking & get sent away to have treatment
d) Mary & Matthew go on a trip to America to see family & try for a baby! !
e) They row re not getting pregnant & Matthew disappears!!

Without Mary the focus falls on Edith being the surviving entertainment!!! So either Matthew gets a short trip or a new Matthew gets born!!

Sax

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:31 am

NNNNNoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

What a bombshell, last ever Merlin episode at Christmas Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:05 am

Are you sure Jingle? When the two main characters on Breakfast Tv when this series started they advised had signed up for another!!! Too many loose ends to leave! Merlin's magic not discovered by Morganna (you would have thought she being magical would know.Guenivere not havinglove affair with Lancelot & going into the nunnery!! Artthur not showing he canbe a true king & allow magic back!!! Most of the Dragon where has he gone?? The boy Mordred he has a prophecy to fill!!!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:14 pm

The press release says it'll end with a 2 part special this Christmas - I agree Sax, there's so much more of the story they could tell. But the quotes from the producers and actors seems to confirm it Crying or Very sad

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s53/merlin/news/a440704/merlin-to-end-after-series-five.html
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:33 pm

Oh Im sad now!! A family evening viewing now missing a gem

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:50 pm

I don't believe it Shocked IACGMOOH are repeating the same bush tucker trial!! Have they run out of money? or ideas? I am hoping David or Rosemary wins

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:19 pm

Perhaps they wanted the rest of the camp to know what Helen had to go through (not!).
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:25 pm

They explained after the break a) Helen never conpleted it b) the viewers hadn't seen this before & c) It cost a lot of money!!!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:39 pm

All my preconceptions about David Haye were wrong - was expecting a domineering macho man but he seems quite the opposite (and lucky Rosemary getting the massage, looked like bliss).

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:43 pm

I know Rosemary did enjoy that massage! Had to laugh with Ashley advising "20 years! You got to get the juices going No!!! David has been a real breathe of fresh air!! Warming to Rosemary a lot she & Eric make a funny duo!!! Least this year they didn't divide the camp with a prison again!!!
Helen gone tonight! What a pity she rubbed the tanning lotion away!! Looked like an Oompa Lumpa!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:20 am

Hard to choose between the final six but David, Charlie & Ashley are definitely my top three. I think Hugo will be the next to go.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:29 am

I agree re Hugo next to go.I do feel it will be David,Charlie & Ashley in the final I would have liked to have seen Rosemary make the last three!!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:50 pm

Not that keen on Charlie, but Ashley has been a delight - again my preconceptions were totally wrong.
Hope either Ashley or David win - think Rosemary damaged her chances after the silly row with Hugo (think she realised that herself)
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:08 pm

Possibly the row might not have helped!! Ashley has been a surprise!! I thought she would be a bit ditzy!! She has come across as caring,sensible & supportive!! Charlie just seems to have stayed under the radar & not for doing anything really!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:32 am

Hugo was quite sweet in his interview I thought. What is it about this year though, quite a few of them seem emotionally drained. Not just Brian, but Limahl had a bit of a meltdown, and also Helen has reportedly been unwell since she came out.

Any fellow DOI fans here? I read on DS that Jason Evil or Very Mad is returning to replace Louis and that ex contestant Hayley T is replacing the fabulous Katarina Witt. I really hope both of those rumours aren't true. Also that Pamela Anderson and a TOWIE star are among the contestants pale
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppetlovestango Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:03 am

Jingle

Richard Arnold confirmed this morning that Jason is back on DOI plus
Pamela Anderson & a TOWIE are appearing.
Poppetlovestango
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 28 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next