Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Little Bit of Honesty.

+25
Littlebear
vonee21
1superken
Little Ms Hit
gingercodgers
MissingLilia
CaledonianCraig
allsewnonbyhand
Sadiesamba
Sid
kate
David Tee
Tina Sparkle
Moova 12
saxonsiren
fiftynotout
IAmFullOfWonder
Lucielle
Maya53
mauveangel09
hatlady28
Wallflower
TANGOLERO
salsarae
jingle
29 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 3 Empty Re: A little bit of honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:45 pm

I know he mainly comes on at the weekend. Perhaps he was away for this one..just wondering.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 3 Empty Re: A Little Bit of Honesty.

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:59 pm

I haven't seen C.raig on since last week I thought it was Lilia who advised would be away? I know he & DavidTee tendto post at weekends.Ill shoot a pm

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:18 pm

It is okay folks I was away over the weekend down in London organising an event next summer and attending Ronnie Wolfe's memorial service. I recorded the weekend's SCD on my Virgin Tivo Box and didn't come to the forum as I knew I'd learn the result before I had a chance to watch it. No great shock that Vickie has gone as it was clear she had more weaknesses than others let in the show. There are times she was unsteady on her feet, looked lost when out of hold and really struggled to express herself. Michael will now be under pressure especially if he has a latin dance next week.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  salsarae Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:38 am

He has samba!!!!!! Shocked
salsarae
salsarae

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:26 am

salsarae wrote:He has samba!!!!!! Shocked

Oh dear. It could be the end of the line for Michael then. Sadly. If I amn't on this weekend don't be alarmed as I am working on Saturday evening so again will avoid the forum until I have seen the recorded show myself and am also working on Sunday evening. Mad
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:36 am

Ouch. Not good news for Michael, I think.
Tina Sparkle
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  MissingLilia Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:10 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:[

If I amn't on this weekend don't be alarmed as I am working on Saturday evening so again will avoid the forum until I have seen the recorded show myself and am also working on Sunday evening. Mad

And not good news either for Caledonian Cra ig, either, Tina! Wink Wink
MissingLilia
MissingLilia

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:17 am

Good to have you back C.raig!! Hope memorial went well & not too difficult for you.A Samba mmm could be tricksey this week then re the DO

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:43 am

Cheers saxon it went well. It was more of a celebration of the comedy writer's career than a memorial service.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit of Honesty. - Page 3 Empty Re: A little bit of honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:07 pm

Tomorrow night sounds great in terms of music and dances..............I'm going to watch it with my Mum (who doesn't live locally) so I'll be posting when I get home on Sunday.

Forgot to mention earlier in the week - I saw Sir B ruce on the 'One Show' one night last week - as always when not doing 'Strictly' he came across as witty, charming and entertaining particularly for his age - I have seen him before on TV and thought the same - such a pity that it doesn't seem to work so well for him on 'Strictly' now................

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:12 pm

I hope you have a lovely time with your mom watching SCD!! Brucie was on form on The One Show in short spurts his great! Why a 5 minute Cameo Role if Brucie retired must be incorporated into the show!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:56 pm

Going totally against convention, and my own rules about favourites, and plumping for the underdog. Go Michael! I want Kimberley safely through too, which mean Lisa and Nicky in the dance off. Probably won't happen that way, but that's my call. The rest will have to earn it from here on in. If we go off past performances, Michael stole the Wembley show, so it's all about now and that's how it should be. Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:31 pm

I thought Kimberley had the best dance and music this week and it looked ok on ITT(maybe a little fast) so I'm hoping she gets through.
Denise wasn't looking too good but she seems to pull it out of the bag. Even if she doesn't I'm sure the judges will save her off past performances.
gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:41 pm

Are we supposed to swallow that 10 minutes with an acting coach and hey presto Louis can do no wrong. Who wrote the script Question
gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:03 pm

I think it's more about persuading Louis to let go and play the part on the dancefloor, Ginger. He seems to me to be quite self-consious, and wanting to appear cool, so maybe that's what has been holding him back. We saw in the VT of him doing imitations of the dancers a few weeks ago that he can mimic others well. The acting coach's job may have had more to do with convincing Louis that he has to stop being self-consious and go for it more. Just a thought...
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:08 pm

Kimberly/Pasha. Jive.

Fast and efficient, Kimberley looked swell and, but for a slight tangle with the under the legs move, a never easy dance got pulled off well. Good start to the show and Kimerley's level of quality is being maintained steadily. No easy thing to do at this stage. Should be comfortably safe.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dani and Vincent. VW.

Unusual gondolier theme, clever from Vincent to plug the Italian angle to That's Amore. Really professional looking performance. So easy and neat and didn't need the nitpicks from the judges. They milked the atmosphere, swayed people in their seats with rythmn and Dani got in three really neat heel spins. Very hard to fault at all. Liked that a lot. (Gee, I was swaying with it too. Embarassed )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Micheal and Natalie. Samba.

Unfortuantely, Michael's tall, lean build just doesn't suit latin like an Ian Waite. His hip actions were always going to be a judges target. He and Natalie played the crowd very well but there are so few left in that he'll probably make the dance off. I'd like him to get one more week at the expense of Lisa but doubt it'll happen. Probably four-sevens for me for effort.

Nicky and Karen. Argentine Tango.

I've not been a Nicky supporter but he reversed the odds tonight with a very good display. Not thrilled with the James Bond type music but can't take away from his dance. There have to be times when you wonder if the judges are watching the same dance at all. Tonight was one. Worth four-eights in my eyes and I thought the comments over harsh, even rubbish in places.

Lisa/Robin. Quickstep.

Back to entertaining when just good ballroom was needed. Thought the end was awful and should never have got a mark more than Nicky as his dance was far better. All danced well enough but all wrong for a quickstep. As I said, the entertainers usually have their day and I think they've had theirs. I'll probably be wrong.

Denise and James. Salsa.

Denise is totally confident out of hold and that's what makes the difference. Thier salsa was fast and clever with just an error from James that threw the timing out a little but they handled that very well. Her movement and the way she holds shape in lifts is praiseworthy. Her spins, as C raig commented, are just excellent and she moves around and uses the floor so well.

Louis and Flavia. Charlston.

Really big improvement from Louis in the expression department. He seemed to be thoroughly enjoying it too, and the penny's dropped at last. Clever theme from Flavia and well executed by both. Not a big fan of acrobatics that are beyond the other contestants reach and he's good enough not to need them, but he does it all so well. Can't take a thing away from a top effort. Great end to the show.

TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:02 pm

Kimberley & Pasha - Music, costumes, characterisation all worked for me. But there were a couple of sticky moments and it started to look a bit laboured towards the end.

Dani & Vincent - Vincent made what can sometimes be a slightly boring, repetitive dance interesting. It was a sweet and charming Viennese Waltz. Karen Hardy commented on great technique and Camilla said it was Dani's best performance to date so I was hoping for a string of 9s to be honest! I can see what Darcey meant about Dani not creating enough of an arch with the top of her body though. But still, really enjoyed this and thought it was undermarked.

Michael & Natalie - Could barely bring myself to watch. Feared it wouldn't be great and it wasn't. I'm not liking their chances Sad

Nicky & Karen - Nicky had a good go at the Argentine Tango. I felt he was given stuff to do (rather than just showing off the woman) and he played the role he was given convincingly. Didn't mind it at all.

Lisa & Robin - I'm not keen when songs are interpreted too literally. So I didn't like the inclusion of the couch and the weather reporter. And I thought the dancing was quite messy in places. As always, Lisa sold it brilliantly, but energy and enthusiasm can only get you so far.

Denise & James - After watching their training footage, I knew they'd struggle. Seeing that Denise isn't infallible made her seem more human. I even felt a little sorry for her. Clearly, dances that require Denise to loosen her hips are her Achilles Heel. I hope she gets a chance to show she's improved in this department. Maybe with a Rhumba?

Louis & Flavia - I spotted swivel and better characterisation (though it felt a bit forced at times). However, I'm finding Louis's Strictly experience a bit too clichéd. Young, slightly reserved guy, too cool to perform, gets a hard time from the judges, so his pro partner enlists the help of an acting coach, and hey presto he has a breakthrough! It's reminding me a lot of Harry Judd's j0urney.

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:31 pm

Just watched the show on my Tivo box.

Sad to say that Michael Vaughan looks to be a red hot favourite to exit. Sad His dance tonight wasn't terrible and in fact was probably one of his best latin dances but latin is still his achilles heel and it looks like it will cost him.

As for the others well Dani and Kimberley continue to impress and no doubt the favourite at the moment is Denise Van Outen. Lisa has flat-lined somewhat for a few weeks now, Nicky is certainly improving and looks like he is enjoying the experience more now. As for Louis a better performance tonight but I am sorry it did NOT merit two tens in my book.

The only way I see Michael surviving another week is if he avoids the dance-off. No matter who he is against if in the dance-off his frailties in Samba will kill his chances of the judges saving him. Shame as he always gives it his all and has been perhaps the master of the ballroom so far in this series.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:54 pm

Thought the opening sequence of the celebs on horses at the Derby was great fun, especially Louis who rode out in front on the pommel horse. Nicky had a Norman Wisdom look about him in his jockey cap.

Kimberley
Once again she scored highly with me. I thought her jive was very good, although I did think her kicks could have been sharper and she looked a bit off balance and unsure at times. Also, as the judges pointed out, her slide through Pasha’s legs was clumsy but I put that down to his choreography being too fast i.e. there wasn’t enough time to complete all the moves in that particular sequence.

Dani
I thought their Viennese Waltz was enchanting from start to finish, a good story and so good with the music. Her leg extensions although much improved are still slightly wanting but apart from that it was superb.

Michael
As everyone predicted he can’t dance the Samba. He’s developed more control than he had with the jive but his posture and moves are just not strong enough, he still reminds me of the scarecrow in Wiz of Oz without any substance in his limbs, but there was a lot of content which he managed to keep up with. B runo said he let himself go in gay abandon – I didn’t see that. I saw him looking rather tense about it all.

Nicky
I thought his AT was very good, he is improving all the time now. He still has a slight problem with stompiness but hardly noticeable and yes it could have had a bit more fluidity about it, but I thought he captured the mood of the dance extremely well. C raig’s comment that he looked like a little boy not getting his own way was just plain spiteful. But what hilarity and pandemonium broke out with judges stifling laughter over Darcy’s comments about wanting him to be more lustful and hard. I thought that very funny.

Lisa
I didn’t go for this one at all much. I thought the bright yellow dress spoiled her appearance and the dance suffered. She messed up her leg flicks a couple of times and they were just a token of what they should have been. A bit too much bounce for a quickstep imo, but she did look as if she was being lead rather than doing the leading. The ending was awful.

Denise
I think I’m beginning to understand the element that’s missing in Denise’s dances. It is the ability to project the dance to the audience. I noticed this when I compare her with Kimberley who is very much in touch with the audience, a much warmer character altogether no matter what dances she does. Denise, on the other hand, is all drawn into herself and therefore the audience doesn’t feel part of it.

As far as the dance was concerned, I thought there was too much content in it, it all looked a bit manic and, of course, there was the hiccough when James froze for a second or two. C raig is in awe of her spins. Yes her spins are excellent and that comes from her dance training. I know because I was once shown how to do spins but my tuition lasted about five minutes whereas Denise's would be whole sessions, so it’s not surprising she’s mastered them. Denise cannot put a foot wrong in C raig’s eyes - for some reason.

Louis
What can I say. Loved every second of it, the story, the costumes and the set (the dancing figures above the stage). F lavia triumphed with her choreo– such fun, loved all the gymnastic moves. I couldn’t see anything wrong with it. But C raig could of course, giving an 8 when two of the other judges gave 10s. How he came to give the same score as DvO’s dance, when there was flaw in their routine, is beyond me. I think it should have been a 9, same as L en. He really has a downer on Louis for some reason.

Verdict: Michael and Lisa in bottom two with Michael leaving.
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:26 am

Enjoyed the show, though sad that it's beginning to feel very short. A few thoughts....
Kimberley - a very polished and confident routine. Liked the way she smiled the whole way through, and good synchronicity. Agree with Sid though, it did look like she was starting to run out of steam towards the end.
Dani - again, a very clean routine and she made it look effortless.
Michael - can't agree with Darceys comment that he's made 'outstanding improvement'- thought he looked gangly and skippy - as the judges said, his height maybe worked against him
Nicky - I really liked the choreo for this, though agreed with L.en that he acted a bit too tango-esque. Posture still not perfect, but imo he's probably been the biggest improver over past few weeks. Thought Karen looked stunning.
Lisa - Disliked the routine from start to finish. The quickstep is usually one of my favourite dances, but this looked demented. I think they should've either gone for obvious comedy or for proper ballroom, but this fell into a limbo between the two. Overpraised and overmarked I thought
Denise - looked a bit fast, frantic and over ambitious (for James!)
Louis - just to be the odd one out, I didn't much like this. Love Louis, want him to win, but I didn't like his expres​sion(a bit Frankie Howerd in places) or the choreography. When he can act a convincing AT or rumba, then I'll get my 10 out.
An interesting night - I placed Kimberly, Dani and Louis on a level, but impressed by Nicky too.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sadiesamba Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:55 am

Just watched the clips and it was over sooooo quickly - found it hard to get excited but here's my first impressions.

Kimberley & Pasha - Costumes and music good - she seemed to be enjoying it but it ran out of steam near the end

Dani & Vincent - A charming Viennese Waltz with great characterisation. I really enjoyed it.

Michael & Natalie - I fear time is up but a brave effort from a man whose Latin is lacking

Nicky & Karen - Another great performance - he seemed to know what he was doing for once. Should be safe

Lisa & Robin - A few badly coordinated bits but, as always, Lisa sold it brilliantly. She needs more than enthusiasm to go further (could be in the DO with Michael and scrape through .... again)

Denise & James - Did nothing for me - hectic and untidy at times

Louis & Flavia - Much better characterisation but he still looks uncomfortable acting the part. However, it was an entertaining performance and his best so far IMO.

Sadiesamba
Sadiesamba

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:12 am

Kimberley and Pasha a frenetic jive which she so nearly pulled off- with a few more hours I think she would have had 9s and 10s
Dani and VincentI wrote down one word as I was watching- charming. I thought it was just a lovely little dance packaged up very nicely by Vincent's choreography. Undermarked I felt, 4 9s would have been deserved. Am liking these two more and more
Michael and NatalieMy hand hovered over my metaphorical 7 paddle but then I realised that was just because I know how hard Natalie has worked with him and how much effort he has put into it. I fear for him tonight because even if he gets Lisa in the DO I don't think they'll save him
Nicky and Karen Not too shabby. it didn't wow me but the boy done OK as they say
Lisa and Robin overmarked again I felt. Footwork looked a bit messy in places to me.
Denise and James well at least the training footage wasn't leading us up the garden path for once and the shimmy thing was amusing after all the fun poked at James
Louis and Flavianeat and tidy, felt the judges comments were contrived to go with the VT- he didn't really show character he just did what everyone does - a bit of gurning. When he can sell me a rumba, a sexy AT or a romantic waltz I'll be convinced. It was good but it only got a 9 from me

Well I think the interesting bit will be who is with Michael in the DO- should be Lisa for me but with the GBP who knows? In the same way that Michael can't to Latin, I don't think she can improve any more, she has reached her limit. Personally I don't really care on the order but I would rather see Michael do another ballroom than Lisa doing....the same whatever the dance
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  salsarae Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:29 am

Firstly, I think some of the placings on the leaderboard were wrong last night, Nicky should not have been second from bottom, it should have been Lisa, and I´ll go so far to say Denise should have been below him too. I found myself much in agreeance with Tangolero.

Dani´s VW I thought absolutely fantastic, watching it it was hard to believe she is a beginner, and it should have had at least 9´s across the board (for me it was a 10), I´m certainly not going to nitpick when overall it was so clean. Her footwork continues to dazzle me.
Kimberley- I think it was Pasha´s inclusion of the somewhat messy slide put her off her stride, I did really like it though, you very much get a connection with her and it was scored about right. She is a bit stuck on 34!
Michael- he is better at Latin now,but much as that´s the case, he is a long way from mastering it. I like watching his dances but he was the weakest last night.
Nicky-for me, severely indermarked, I thought he looked really good for a male celeb, who normally mostly stands around doing little legwork and lifting the pro. I really enjoyed it all, his intensity was great, the choreo was great (and has put me in the Karen can stay camp firmly) and he really does get the most improved award from me.
Lisa-for the first time I didn´t like her dance, can´t deny her acting, but this was sloppy, she does feel the steps through the music as when she made a mistake the music was what brought her back, but for me she shouldn´t have a mark more than Nicky, a couple less was right for me.
Denise -she was too tight throughout for me so the shimmies at the top of her body looked off, as did her hipwork, fantastic spins though but it was frantic,I´d have liked to see less spins and lifts as to me this was clever choreographing to hide the fact her body is not loose enough in Latin still. I´d have put her level with Nicky,or possibly a mark under.
Louis-had the predictable and somewhat scripted breakthrough, fantastic swivel and lovely story, 10´s a touch over the top maybe.
salsarae
salsarae

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:47 am

Im fed up with C.raigs fawning over DvO & overmarking her! Im also disappointed again re undermarking Louis! How could his dance score 8?C.raig takes marks off for faults,wobbles to me he has a block re Louis.
I loved Danni's dance sweet it didn't wow me.Lisa ok its the same J.ourney less bubble-have horrible feeling she will miss the DO! When should be with mmmm Michael as Nicky better this week.

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:34 pm

Unusually I found it difficult to get much enthusiasm up about last night. Don't know why, it just all seemed a bit predictable.

Agree absolutely that Nicky was under-marked. Karen gave him more to do than a lot of the male celebrities get in the AT and he did it pretty well. maybe it was a little bit too staccato, but heck that's nitpicking. No way should he have been below Lisa - I thought he deserved two or three marks more. Loved Darcey's lustful comments though. Is she channeling Arelene?

As for Lisa, frankly I think that the judges were either watching a different dance or they have some very cunning and subtle plot going. The choreography was frenetic. Lisa started off OK, but then she lost it and never really got back. I think that she was tiring in the second half of the dance and her feet just weren't doing the job. And the entertainment element was lacking for me, it all felt a bit forced. (And that VT was just plain irritating). By rights Lisa should be in the dance-off, but I have a feeling she'll be with us for a while yet. Sighs.

I think that Michael was the weakest, tbh, but he looked like he was enjoying himself and gave it a good stab. I think that he's the obvious one to go this week.

Dance of the week for me was Dani and Vincent. Clever take on the Viennese from Vincent, (even if it was "would you like some more cheese with your cheese, madam?") beautifully performed by Dani. She's getting better and better.

The others, Kimberly did an OK jive, Denise did what Denise does and I found that I was wowed by Louis's charlston, although I can't quite put my finger on why. Too much gymnastics perhaps.

BTW am I the only person who suspected that James went wrong deliberately? I have a theory that he reckonned Denise could be in danger this week and wanted to whip up some sympathy, but my husbabd and daughter think that I'm just too cynical... Laughing

Tina Sparkle
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next