Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It Takes Two 2016

+7
B4p
TANGOLERO
allsewnonbyhand
diamondsandpearls
suzeworld
cellar-door
saxonsiren
11 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

It Takes Two 2016 - Page 5 Empty Re: It Takes Two 2016

Post  cellar-door Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:11 pm

B4p wrote:It seems to be the fashion this year to break hold a lot more in the ballroom routines.

The breaking hold has been creeping into the SCD shows since 2008/09. It's bad...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm

It's got to the point where I don't even notice anymore because it's become the norm. It was something I picked up on and grumbled about without fail  before (cos when it happened it stood out) and now I barely comment on it which makes me annoyed at myself (and the people doing it) - I feel like I've conceded! I think L.en's the same. He's given up pointing it out most the time.

I guess the introduction of props 5-6 yrs ago has a lot to do with it. Became inevitable more and more of the routines would be out of hold. I so wish props were restricted to the theme weeks.

On a positive note, Ed & Katya are such mood-lifters. I really, really hope they make it to Blackpool.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:21 am

Sid wrote:On a positive note, Ed & Katya are such mood-lifters. I really, really hope they make it to Blackpool.

Me too - on that basis, how many weeks to Blackpool is it two? So who would we lose instead of him? I'm getting to the stage where I don't want people to go without having an out and out favourite. One person I would chose  without difficulty is Louise (boring) but that won't happen- and then probably if you forced me it would be between the Judge and Greg. Based purely on how much I like them rather than dance ability  then it would have to be Judge to go . ( haha that sounds like a bad coffee!)
Let's assume the public are going to keep him in- that means at some point there will be a *shock* dance off / elimination- who will it be? scratch
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:27 am

I thought there 2as only a week for Blackpool not two affraid affraid . Unless Ed avoids the dance off his vulnerable as judges will pick any dancer over Ed..... Louise yes to saccharine no other level..... Daisy and Laura haven't big fan bases it seems. Greg could be in the do with say Laura...... Daisy may get a respite week but if with Ed then Ed goes before Blackpool.

C.laudia may bloom late and have good ballroom dances same as the judge. Danny looks weaker this week from ITT clips...

Who will make the final three? As Will left early will it be three? Can they do a shock double elimination this year and leave a 2 couple final OR conspiracy theory here if Ed survives this week then following week have a bye for everyone so the number of couples are evened out due to Will going?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:06 pm

I'm pretty certain it'll be a 3-couple final sax which has always suited me better tbh. 4 always feels like too many, 2 too few, 3's just right (god I sound like Goldilocks!).

I'm not confident of Ed's chances only because I think the other underdog (Greg) and entertainer (Judge) also have a strong following. And if they score higher for their Ballroom (which I'm sure they will), it'll give them those vital extra couple of points needed to keep them safe.

Surely Daisy will get a bounce back this time, the GBP aren't that cruel.

I feel that leaves Laura most at risk for the B2. But then I thought that last week and she came back strong (even though I feel there was a little bit of added protection from the judges). The Samba's a different proposition though. The routine looks very fast, maybe too fast? Plus she tweeted she'd put on Latin shoes for the first time in 2 weeks and it wasn't a very happy experience.

Ed may stand more of a chance if there are several ties on the leaderboard. But if there aren't, then the bottom line is he must top the public vote or he's toast - whoever he dances off against.

Laura vs and of Louise / Judge / Danny would suit me, personally.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:13 pm

I meant to put B4Ps comment from earlier in the day in quote! I totally agree - Ian is the highlight of ITT for me.

Last edited by mauveangel09 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed putting in a quote)

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:15 pm

Sid wrote: Laura vs and of Louise / Judge / Danny would suit me, personally.

Might well be on the mark there Sid.... Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:24 pm

I agree it might be a 'shock' week this week -Louise V Danny would suit me but don't think for one moment it's going to happen................. I do however think it might be one of the girls going out if they are pitted against anyone other than Ed or Greg - will reserve judgement on the Judge - I think he has improved over the last few weeks but I need to see another ballroom from him. I was shocked that Daisy didn't get the customary bounce back vote last week..........so??? confused

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:35 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

Might well be on the mark there Sid.... Wink

Although Louise's AT does look pretty good Mr T, and because it's the first one (and the only one) it'll probably stand out and attract votes.

Oh but I want Ed to stick around even more after seeing his training (which looks surpisingly good!) and watching him charge after Katya (was hilarious!).
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:44 pm

I meant to add I adore Nat and she'll forever retain goddess status in my mind but she needs to drop the excuse-making. 'Advanced Rumba'? We're not falling for that one!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

It Takes Two 2016 - Page 5 Empty ReL It Takes Two 2016

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:56 pm

Sid wrote:I meant to add I adore Nat and she'll forever retain goddess status in my mind but she needs to drop the excuse-making. 'Advanced Rumba'? We're not falling for that one!

I know S id!! I think she would have been far better just saying that she had gone with the music, Greg's strengths and the fact that it was a themed show. Looking back it was very contemporary - but I still enjoyed it and felt it showed improvement. I think she was right though when she said that she thought she might get some negative comments from L en and was surprised that it was C raig - I think we all thought that Question

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:31 pm

Sid wrote:I meant to add I adore Nat and she'll forever retain goddess status in my mind but she needs to drop the excuse-making. 'Advanced Rumba'? We're not falling for that one!

I was very disappointed with Natalie for saying that. I know she wants to keep Greg positive, but this is pandering to him and positively building up what he might perceive as a 'victim complex'. Not good. Evil or Very Mad
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:30 pm

What is a victim complex?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:32 pm

saxonsiren wrote:What is a victim complex?

Or the martyr complex. That you think whatever you are suffering is entirely the fault of those around you inflicting the suffering on you...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:43 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:

I know S id!!  I think she would have been far better just saying that she had gone with the music, Greg's strengths and the fact that it was a themed show. Looking back it was very contemporary - but I still enjoyed it and felt it showed improvement.  I think she was right though when she said that she thought she might get some negative comments from L en and was surprised that it was C raig  - I think we all thought that Question

cellar-door wrote:

I was very disappointed with Natalie for saying that. I know she wants to keep Greg positive, but this is pandering to him and positively building up what he might perceive as a 'victim complex'. Not good. Evil or Very Mad

I can sort of understand it though - it's been years since she got anywhere near the final, so being partnered with someone fit, young and popular was bound to raise her hopes. And now she's realising it's probably not going to happen once again (especially with it only being a 3-couple final this time) so a hint of desperation's crept into some of her routines and responses. It's not like say Oti who can shrug off criticism of her choreographical choices because Danny's pretty much assured a place in the final regardless.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:34 pm

You know, when you think about it, ninety seconds of dance is a very short time to impress either judges or viewers. It's all so rushed, mainly due to that fact. Nat and Greg's rumba being a good example of a slow sensuous dance becoming almost a fast forward effect Keystone Cops charge.. It all seems so supercharged now that quicksteps lose some of their elegance when running around the arena at mach speed, and Viennese Waltz fleckles are in danger of the dancers resembling a giant walnut whip rather than an elegant Strauss circular stroll. The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman has many times complained about lack of basic steps in dances, but I think a big part of that is the pros uppng their own part in a bid to take attention off the contestant. Of all the contestants, the one who has most impressed me with her movement and neat footwork whilst performing dances is Claudia. She is quietly moving towards the front runners. Definitely one to watch....
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:42 pm

A totally random comment - I was watching the segments on ITT showing Laura and Gio's Tango from last week and I knew I knew the dress from somewhere - it suddenly struck me that the dress (which I liked so much) was almost a copy of one worn by Lisa Snowdon (although it was in blue) and I think she wore it to do the Paso Doble but I can't find a you tube clip...........

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:59 pm

Yes you are right Mr T - Claudia has been quietly gaining momentum. I didn't really take to this couple early on but I think it was mainly due to the mostly awful music they have been given which seems to have played to their immaturity. However, I enjoyed their routine last week and thought she had really improved. I do think however that this is key week for them because it is a bit of a different dance than what they have done so far and that she will have to work hard at capturing the right atmosphere of the paso . The same goes for Judge Rinder who according to ITT will be 'playing it straight' without any props or characters this week - a first for them too.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:08 am

mauve I know which Lisa dress you mean! For some reason her Eye Of The Tiger Paso's always stuck in my mind for no real reason - I don't remember loving it or hating it but she did have an interesting 'look' for it.

TANGOLERO wrote:Viennese Waltz fleckles are in danger of the dancers resembling a giant walnut whip rather than an elegant Strauss circular stroll

lol!

I think Clauadia's gymnastics helps with her neatness and precision. It's in her DNA. I've no idea about technicalities of dance but after following Strictly for so long I feel like I can tell who's got the fundamentals down, and I think she has (AJ's trained her well). But as has been said, they're let down by songs and theming. It's really unfair actually because I feel like Claudia's abilities aren't being showcased in the best possible way, they're being somewhat wasted.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:46 pm

Aljaz is the cutest: "We had an annual jacket potato every day" lol!

Natalie bigging Greg up a bit too much ("my best partner ever" what?!) but I still think they're great.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:53 pm

I thought Daisy was elegant and kept her poise beautifully. I shall miss her beaming smile. They certainly made a stunning dance couple
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:36 am

Sid wrote:Aljaz is the cutest: "We had an annual jacket potato every day" lol!

Natalie bigging Greg up a bit too much ("my best partner ever" what?!) but I still think they're great.

I wouldn't mind an annual jacket potato day with Alijaz! Maybe we could start a campaign.! A pre competition for next year cheers
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:31 pm

saxonsiren wrote:

I wouldn't mind an annual jacket potato day with Alijaz! Maybe we could start a campaign.! A pre competition for next year cheers

Entrants have to guess his favourite filling Very Happy
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:11 pm

Sid wrote:Aljaz is the cutest: "We had an annual jacket potato every day" lol!

Sounded more like he said said jacked potato to me. lol!
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:16 pm

For some reason I have Alijaz down as a BBQ Chicken filling! Finger licking good and warm and spicey yet tender too:oops: Embarassed Now I'd have a choice between Tuna Mayo or a Bolognaise Very Happy Very Happy
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next