Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It Takes Two 2016

+7
B4p
TANGOLERO
allsewnonbyhand
diamondsandpearls
suzeworld
cellar-door
saxonsiren
11 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

It Takes Two 2016 - Page 4 Empty Re: It Takes Two 2016

Post  Sid Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:55 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:BTW - what is it with Kevin and the pork pie hat this week?  I noticed he was wearing it in training clips during the week  (no problem there) and then he had it on again tonight - is he trying to look a bit edgy?  However, the Artful Dodger look is never a good one..........

I think part of my problem is that Kevin's partners in the last few years have all been so similar as has the choreography, that it all starts to mould  into one and I always think I have seen the themes before.........there is invariably a sofa included somewhere.

And his hair, WHAT IS GOING ON WITH KEVIN'S HAIR?!

lol @ always a sofa there somewhere.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:04 pm

I love how Ed was naming the various dance steps - shows how much he's into it. And Katya's fitted into the Strictly family perfectly.

Camilla was a good fill-in for Karen. She was right about Daisy's outfit taking away from rather than enhancing her performance. It needed Strictlyfying.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:26 pm

Yes I really enjoyed seeing Camilla on the show last night - also agree that Ed is really enthusiastic - I just wish they'd give the bloke more chance to dance - I can't stop thinking about how much better that routine would have been last weekend without the risky lift and with a bit more foxtrot content. I suppose there's not much chance of it changing this week being Hallowe'en - I hope Katya is concentrating on getting the basics right and making sure they are perfectly in time so that he comes across in a more confident way - like he did with his Charleston and Samba.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:50 pm

Jason Gilkilson on ITT next week. I am tempted to write them the email and ask him to bugger off...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:07 am

I'll hold your coat CD! Ask him if he's responsible for the daft musical themes and accompanying costumes
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:34 am

Ask him why it's become the Zoe show? Bit fed up of all the presenter and less focus on couples,dances. Why not instead of daft vt's do a section on the history of each dance. How did the dance progress/change. Video of old scd SCD to show judges and how they scored.
Do the pro dancers dance to competition level on the show? How would the judges score their dance?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:12 pm

cellar-door wrote:Jason Gilkilson on ITT next week. I am tempted to write them the email and ask him to bugger off...

lol!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:25 pm

I am already have a Halloween overdose. Feeling sick and wanting to throw up now...

Friday panel is SO forced. Meh.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:32 pm

Blimey, wonder what Russell's beef with Ed is, he REALLY doesn't like him!

I'm all Halloweened out as well - could've down without Karen Clifton's trip down memory lane. Thank god I'm watching tonight's show on catch-up so I can fast-forward everything but the dances. I'm guessing we're getting Louise's' "breakthrough" this week.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:30 pm

Sid wrote:Blimey, wonder what Russell's beef with Ed is, he REALLY doesn't like him!

I'm all Halloweened out as well - could've down without Karen Clifton's trip down memory lane. Thank god I'm watching tonight's show on catch-up so I can fast-forward everything but the dances. I'm guessing we're getting Louise's' "breakthrough" this week.

Just like the Louis Smith's week, also from Charleston too... Also, apparently Harry Judd's week (also Charleston)...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:04 pm

I almost forgive the Bloody Jason Gilkison when he said in Blackpool he will go old-school glamour (like Fred and Ginger) for the pro dance He is. And we obey him....

I said ALMOST.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:00 pm

Almost! However questions not difficult nor did they answer the musicality choices and why! Blackpool always excitung
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:11 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Almost! However questions not difficult nor did they answer the musicality choices and why! Blackpool always excitung

I am sure a lot of questions veered towards his dubious song choices for the couples, but the ITT team were too chicken to pick those!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:48 pm

Mad chick chick chick chick chicken, lay a little egg for me! What a wasted opportunity. Why ask for questions then just talk about the Pro dances?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:59 pm

B4p wrote:Mad chick chick chick chick chicken, lay a little egg for me! What a wasted opportunity. Why ask for questions then just talk about the Pro dances?

"buuuuuu buck buck buck..."
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:10 pm

...what you all said...what a cop out
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:51 pm

cellar-door wrote:I almost forgive the Bloody Jason Gilkison when he said in Blackpool he will go old-school glamour (like Fred and Ginger) for the pro dance He is. And we obey him....

I said ALMOST.

Hear Hear!
and as Allse says - what a cop out!!!  Only speaking about the pro dances - would love to know what some of the questions from viewers actually were!! Mad

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:15 pm

It was non-stop gushing, no interesting or probing questions, we learnt nothing new! Pointless segment - and yes, a cop out.

Daisy comes across as a sweetheart, so natural and easy to like. And Claudia's growing on me - she made me laugh yesterday: "Yeah the lifts are a breeze!" and "I'm noting what mistakes the others make!" and "I'm ULTRA competitive!" - all whilst wearing an angelic smile on her face  Laughing
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:27 pm

I'm actually getting a little bit bored of ITT- it seems to have gone away from the concept of giving us more of the extra background /inside info in favour of stupid fillers and forever toeing the party line. Obviously they're not going to hang out the dirty washing but we never see anyone held to account even hiding behind the "some people might think.." line of questioning . Jason tonight was a case in point. Why not ask him to defend the music/choreography  choices or get producers to explain why some celebs get three Latins in a row. It was all very well hearing about the group dances, and yes thank god he's going old school for Blackpool ( spot on CD...ALMOST forgiven) but  why get him on, and ask for viewers questions if they're not actually going to question him?  Waste of time him being there, we didn't need him fronting that, it was an interesting background  piece in itself, him being there brought nothing extra.

The bits I like most on ITT are Ian's WW when he might actually criticise (constructively) and the Friday panel if they get people who say what we are all thinking ( Marian Keyes). Much as I love Vicky
Gill's (sp?) insight into who's wearing what, again it's all very lovely, nobody ever says and who's idea was it to dress them in THAT?! I think somebody said before that they miss the retro  on the outfits after Saturday - Hilary was always fab- and that's what I mean, a critical eye which points out the awful as well as the glorious.
I want ITT to be giving us the chat we have in the office at work,or on our lovely forum,  both positive and negative but with the actual people who can answer the questions. Is that too much to ask?

PS agree Sid- our posts crossed -it took me so long to write my rant- Daisy is very likeable and I've been throwing Claudia a vote or two because if they break free of the stupid "youngsters" label and get some decent themes, I think they might be good and come across better, as she did yesterday

Last edited by allsewnonbyhand on Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sid posted before me!)
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:51 pm

Sid wrote:It was non-stop gushing, no interesting or probing questions, we learnt nothing new! Pointless segment - and yes, a cop out.

Daisy comes across as a sweetheart, so natural and easy to like. And Claudia's growing on me - she made me laugh yesterday: "Yeah the lifts are a breeze!" and "I'm noting what mistakes the others make!" and "I'm ULTRA competitive!" - all whilst wearing an angelic smile on her face  Laughing

And don't forget her saying, "I musn't fart on the judges' faces." lol! lol! lol!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:20 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:
I want ITT to be giving us the chat we have in the office at work,or on our lovely forum,  both positive and negative but with the actual people who can answer the questions. Is that too much to ask?

Great way of putting it alls. I mean I'm enjoying it more than last year (when I barely watched ITT towards the end) but I think that has more to do with the fact I've liked more of the people this series (Ed, Tameka, Lesley, Anastacia, Daisy, Claudia, Greg, Ore, Will, Gorka, Oti - all give good interview even with the predictable line of questioning). BUT the show has become too self-congratulatory and too 'perky' - I wish they'd chill the heck out and stop being so 'on' all the time!

cellar-door wrote:And don't forget her saying, "I musn't fart on the judges' faces." lol! lol! lol!

lol!

If they could just give her some decent music, Claudia could really FLY (not literally - although it's an indictment of the show nowadays that you have to clarify that!)
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:03 pm

Tonight's ITT was a delight!

Ed and Katya definitely look like they are genuinely enjoying their time together. Both of them wanted to go to Blackpool in two weeks' time. I hope they do their QS well, as apparently Katya said Ed picked up the choreography quite quickly this week. I think if Ed doesn't mess up he'll do well this week. Sad I voted for them to leave this Saturday. But we'll see...

I like the bonkers Karen teaching Zoe how to Charleston. I actually forgot how good Zoe was with this dancing malarkey. She picked up the swivel instantly!

Nice to know that Louise' boys finally found their mum to be really cool playing the comic character in her Charleston, and that her boys also liked Kevin as the joker. They are still very 'nice', and hopefully their AT would show their other side this Saturday.

Training clips: Danny's looking really good already. Daisy's frame looks exquisite already, Robert is still struggling at this moment...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:57 pm

I think Ed and the Judge are both light on their feet. If they keep the accuracy through the speed, then they might get through it unscathed. Lesley gave it a good go so........
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:33 pm

I thought that Ed looked like he was coping ok with the QS - as Katya said, he is always good with his timing so that should be a big strength. I thought that Greg looked quite good and Danny - but the Judge seemed to be struggling and there appeared to be quite of lot of out of hold stuff in their routine. Laura and Gio need to avoid falling into the same trap as Claudia and AJ with the Samba - don't make it too fast and furious, particularly for Laura who I think is shaping up to be more of a ballroom girl.

It will be interesting to see how Kevin and Louise get on with the AT - always exciting when the AT makes its first appearance. I have a feeling that she'll be good at the balletic aspects of it but not sure about whether she'll quite pull off the particular sharpness needed with this dance.

I'm actually enjoying ITT more this year - I found it was too hectic last year - but as S id says, not sure if it is holding my attention because I like more of the couples this year and I think most of them interview really well. I love choreography corner but didn't think Chloe and whatisname were as good last night - really toeing the party line! Waite's Warm Up is a highlight - I think the Friday Panel guests have also been better this year. I like the Zoe's Dance Card segment too.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:57 pm

It seems to be the fashion this year to break hold a lot more in the ballroom routines.

I like the dance card section and usually choreography corner. The Friday night panels are variable, but the real star for me is Ian. His Halloween ballet costume was brilliant. If they try to change Waite's section I won't be bothered watching it anymore.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next