Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It Takes Two 2016

+7
B4p
TANGOLERO
allsewnonbyhand
diamondsandpearls
suzeworld
cellar-door
saxonsiren
11 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

It Takes Two 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: It Takes Two 2016

Post  saxonsiren Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:40 am

mauveangel09 wrote:I thought the tribute to Peggy Spencer on ITT tonight was marvellous.  She was a great lady and her influence is everywhere in the world of ballroom and latin American dancing.  She was well known in the area where I live - my parents were taught by her and I attended one of the dance schools that she ran when I was little.  The Penge Latin American Formation team are one of the things I remember about 'Come Dancing'.@

I thought it was really good that the programme did the tribute - and interesting to see a young Karen Hardy and Ian Waite on 'Come Dancing'..................... Very Happy

The young Ian Waite and Karen Hardy in the tribute! I did enjoy the tribute yes. I'd love to see the team SCD back
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:37 pm

"It doesn't matter if you have two left feet - just find someone with two right feet" - adore that line.

I sometimes wonder if there'd be rejuvenated interest in the original Come Dancing if it came back. I'd certainly be more interested in watching it now I have a better idea about the dances.

It was a great show overall actually. Vicky Gill is probably my favourite segment of the week. In fact, if Thursday's shows were entirely Vicky Gill talking outfits I'd not complain. I like that she reviewed Oti's Paso dress, explaining the changes made. I miss them not talking about the outfits after the show as they used to (with Hilary Alexander).

As well as being a beautiful dance I think the American Smooth proved a great bonding experience for Ore and Joanna. There's a lovely partnership forming there. He seems to really appreciate and thrive off Jo's love for dance and she seems very encouraging and proud of his efforts.

Rinder and Oksana I'm not as sure about. He does like to hog the limelight doesn't he?! Barely lets Oksana get a word in (not that I think she has loads to say but that's beside the point).

I'm a bit worried about Greg's Salsa. He looks to be really struggling with the technique.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:01 pm

I agree with you S id about Ore and Joanne - He really irritated me the first two weeks and what did we say about him needing to connect with her? Well he did it Saturday night and I hope it continues!

Judge and Oksana - yes - don't know whether these two will be able to sustain the popularity - particularly as she is a 'newbie'. The short training clips showed a few similar moves to what they did in the American Smooth I thought - I didn't like the dress that she is going to be wearing and I suspect it might be a 'marmite' n umber - which is a bit dangerous at this early stage. I am interested though in seeing him do some more ballroom as I found him quite graceful and I hope he is learning to drop 'the face'!

I worry about A nastacia and B rendan with the Rumba - particularly going up against Daisy and Alijaz - we will see whether A nastacia was benefitting from a bounce back vote last week. I hope she rises to the challenge and that B rendan has put together a good routine - I think she could have the ability to 'smoulder' more than Daisy, if she doesn't hold back!

I also feel from the clips that we have seen that C laudia is not finding the Fox Trot plain sailing. I do feel that she has benefitted so far from having a couple of dances which gave her the chance to be athletic and even their waltz was not flowing enough for me. I need to see a good Fox Trot to be convinced of her ability/potential - they are also a couple who need to settle into their partnership I think.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:35 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:I agree with you S id about Ore and Joanne - He really irritated me the first two weeks and what did we say about him needing to connect with her?  Well he did it Saturday night and I hope it continues!

I had our previous comments in mind as I was posting my thoughts mauve Wink

mauveangel09 wrote:I also feel from the clips that we have seen that C laudia is not finding the Fox Trot plain sailing.  I do feel that she has benefitted so far from having a couple of dances which gave her the chance to be athletic and even their waltz was not flowing enough for me.   I need to see a good Fox Trot to be convinced of her ability/potential - they are also a couple who need to settle into their partnership I think.

Agree about these two too.

This might sound terribly inconsistent on my part given how much I loved watching V.incent dance with his partners, but I generally prefer watching the taller couples dance Ballroom n.umbers - I guess it's easier for them to look more elegant because of their long limbs.

Last edited by Sid on Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:02 pm

I just love the Friday night Panel. Jeremy so intense and passionate about scd and affraid affraid omg has given the kiss of death to Ed re the "F" word! Marion always a joy and her little Pasha crush lovely but she's right Naga smile. Jody is just all warmth and giggly.
Get in so wished he had stayed longer in. Hope Greg's injury doesn't hamper their chances....
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:37 pm

Best panel so far sax - although I've enjoyed them all really Smile

Agreed with Marian about pretty much everyone - Danny does sort of fall into the 'too good too soon' category for me (lack of anticipation about his performances). And I love that she got 'his little Pasha face' into convo as she was challenged to by Twitter fans!.

What bad luck for Greg and Nat. I mean it's not the end of the world if it means one bad week but Greg's injury sounds like something that might take a while to heal which doesn't bode well for future weeks and their chances Sad
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

It Takes Two 2016 - Page 2 Empty RE: It Takes Two 2016

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:32 pm

Loved the show tonight and the Friday panel - I'm glad Marian said what she did about Danny because it's true!!

Shame about Greg and N at - I really hope it doesn't hamper their chances. I'm loving the look and sound of Laura and Gio's Quickstep - but I wonder how the singers are going to cope with 'Ballroom Blitz'?

I really enjoyed the segment with Daisy and Anastacia - I do so like Anastacia and I really loved the outfit that Daisy was wearing for the interview! Also loved the interview with Lesley and A nton........................... Help!! Surprised I don't think I've ever liked so many couples at this stage in the contest............ bounce bounce

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:19 am

mauveangel09 wrote:Loved the show tonight and the Friday panel - I'm glad Marian said what she did about Danny because it's true!
It was a dream Friday panel tonight- and Marian was spot on with her comments about Danny because we all love a bit of a short trip, but on the other hand there is Oti, and I do want to see her go all the way. I loved all Jeremy's snippets from last year too as asides. Please get him back more often...with Miranda too and I will be in Friday panel heaven! cheers
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:58 pm

Agree with all that say best Friday Panel ever!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:17 pm

Ooo, Chloe and Neil are great in CC! We have a lot of ginger (bread) men this year. Quido, the floor manager, Neil, Katya's pro dance partner and Greg! lol!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:08 pm

cellar-door wrote:Ooo, Chloe and Neil are great in CC! We have a lot of ginger (bread) men this year. Quido, the floor manager, Neil, Katya's pro dance partner and Greg! lol!

Chloe is utterly ruthless and I love it.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:14 pm

But she is a Caravan!,
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:19 pm

saxonsiren wrote:But she is a Caravan!,

lol!

Now I like an analogy but WTH was he on about?!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:23 pm

scratch scratch No idea either! Maybe he pulls she follows? But when he said Caravan! Immediately I had The House Martin's tune in my head
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:30 pm

saxonsiren wrote:scratch scratch No idea either! Maybe he pulls she follows? But when he said Caravan! Immediately I had The House Martin's tune in my head

Omg me too sax! Freaky!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:33 pm

Basketball good minds think alike lol
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:59 pm

Car and caravan. Easy. Oh wait. One pulls and the other being dragged along... Hmm... lol!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:15 pm

Don't know what you're talking about but did someone mention caravans? Caravans have Doors and Doors are on Spanish Caravans and, well......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKmkOIlHbok

Sorry.. Embarassed
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:24 am

I thought they did a great job on ITT tonight. I loved Neil's analogy about the caravan (female) following the car (male). Neil keeps saying on Twitter that he's Greg's little brother! He's very supportive on Twitter of his wife Katya when she's trying to teach Ed and after the Saturday night shows.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:43 am

You're right B4, he does come across as a really nice guy on Twitter.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:50 am

He likes to goof around but I think he's actually smarter than he looks and Katya is an amazing addition to the Pro routines
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:22 pm

What is blimmin' wrong with Z.oe tonight when she interview Claudia and AJ? She kept telling them to put gymnastics in their future routine?! Stop it, woman! Stop it!

They are doing Samba, gosh, I wonder how they are going to travel across the floor with their short stature.

And I am extremely put out and put off by the song selection for Ed and Katya's American Smooth: that bloody song Road to Amarillo! Can't anyone dance an AS to that SONG?! Perhaps they don't think Ed and Katya can go this far so they are now DETERMINED to sabotage them every single week. I mean, I Need a Hero for Paso? Really? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:01 pm

Haha yes I dunno why Zoe was pushing for more acrobatics. Also feel like they're infantilising Claudia a bit which I hate.

I got overexcited and thought 'Into The Groove' might be one of this week's songs!

I feel the same as you do about Ed's music CD Mad

Putting my thirst for Gorka aside, I do hope B.rendan thinks carefully about whether it's wise to dance on Saturday. I only say this because he suffered pneumonia earlier this year and the last thing he wants to do is risk a relapse (and you are more vulnerable to it if you've already had it).
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:09 pm

Sid wrote:Haha yes I dunno why Zoe was pushing for more acrobatics. Also feel like they're infantilising Claudia a bit which I hate.

I got overexcited and thought 'Into The Groove' might be one of this week's songs!

I feel the same as you do about Ed's music CD Mad

Putting my thirst for Gorka aside, I do hope B.rendan thinks carefully about whether it's wise to dance on Saturday. I only say this because he suffered pneumonia earlier this year and the last thing he wants to do is risk a relapse (and you are more vulnerable to it if you've already had it).

Yes, it's true. When I was battling cancer, I contracted pneumonia twice within a year and the first time I nearly died, and I was in my thirties then! So, I hope Brendan takes it easier. I mean, he stood in for Artem in the past, so I think he should allow Gorka to help him this Saturday unless he's completely well by then...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:55 pm

cellar-door wrote:What is blimmin' wrong with Z.oe tonight when she interview Claudia and AJ? She kept telling them to put gymnastics in their future routine?! Stop it, woman! Stop it!

I totally agree 100% - Very Happy Very Happy

I think you are right when you say that the Producers didn't expect Ed and Katya to last so long - probably the same with Lesley too - all in all they've been thrown more than a few curve balls at this early stage in the Contest this year........................ Shocked

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next