Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are musical director for one week......

+10
lualen
saxonsiren
diamondsandpearls
cellar-door
allsewnonbyhand
mauveangel09
Sid
Tina Sparkle
B4p
TANGOLERO
14 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

You are musical director for one week...... - Page 7 Empty Re: You are Musical Director for one week

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:14 pm

I totally agree CD - some of the best ever music to dance to - Love your choices.

I'd like to see a 'big band' week and also a week dedicated to some of the composers like Irving Berlin, Gershwin, Ellington, Cole Porter, Richard Rodgers - a bit like they do on the proms. Everyone knows their music.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

You are musical director for one week...... - Page 7 Empty Re: You are musical director for one week......

Post  cellar-door Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:19 am

mauveangel09 wrote:
I'd like to see a 'big band' week and also a week dedicated to some of the composers like Irving Berlin, Gershwin, Ellington, Cole Porter, Richard Rodgers - a bit like they do on the proms.

Oh yes, please!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

You are musical director for one week...... - Page 7 Empty Re: You are musical director for one week......

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:25 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:I just love the classic crooners music so a week of music with He is. And we obey him. such as:-

Somewhere Beneath the Sea..................

Beyond the Sea CD... Very Happy ( From Charles Trenet's, La Mer, one of the finest songs and version ever, for me)
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:28 am

cellar-door wrote:

Oh yes, please!

Count me in....
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:12 pm

Another great track for a slow-ish VW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b87dBaL4qI0
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:23 pm

Very nice CD. I like it
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:17 am

A country style waltz - Don Henley & Dolly Parton Duet 'When I Stop Dreaming'
https://youtu.be/hKld0YQPojc
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:56 pm

Oh, hoiw I so dearly wish the producers would go out on a limb and do something like this. This is Sevillanas, a dance known and danced by all ages all over southern Spain. I learned this years ago and it's brilliant and great fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_3EiFA37Zw
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:58 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Oh, hoiw I so dearly wish the producers would go out on a limb and do something like this. This is Sevillanas, a dance known and danced by all ages all over southern Spain. I learned this years ago and it's brilliant and great fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_3EiFA37Zw

Perhaps you mean 'out of the box' Tango... Wink Laughing
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:31 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:

Perhaps you mean 'out of the box' Tango... Wink Laughing

Ooops, yes, of course.... Embarassed Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

You are musical director for one week...... - Page 7 Empty Re: You are Musical Director for one week

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:12 am

Love this clip Mr T............and love Sevillanas. I could watch this for hours - I really like the way they mirror each other in the moves. Reminds me of how much I love flamenco and Spanish music.

...........you know, I really wish that they didn't always have a singer on the Sunday night show. Sometimes it works well and is enjoyable but sometimes it is so drippy, I really wish they would sometimes have some 'different' dancing such as a Flamenco company or dancers from a west end musical. They could include many different forms of dance that contrast with ballroom/latin - Bollywood, Lindy Hop etc. I remember some ballet on the show once, many moons ago when they were sort of doing this at one time. (dynamic morris dancing anyone??) cheers

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:45 pm

This has been playing as Ken Br uce 'Record of the Week' It's Sheridan Smith's version of 'City of Stars' from the film La La Land

https://youtu.be/l0kIGdby2Y4

Surely it would make a good ballroom tune?

Last edited by B4p on Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:39 pm

An old 1970's song by Eric Burden & War called 'Spill The Wine'. I think it would make a reasonable Cha-Cha-Cha
https://youtu.be/W77Kwh6f0TE
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:04 pm

B4p wrote:This has been playing as Ken You can call me Sir from now on's 'Record of the Week' It's Sheridan Smith's version of 'City of Stars' from the film La La Land

https://youtu.be/l0kIGdby2Y4

Surely it would make a good ballroom tune?

I love this version (better than Ryan Goslings original for me) and I thought exactly the same - Foxtrot maybe?
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:13 am

Don't want to start a new thread for this, but just suppose this: You've done the training, you're all ready to take the floor and be a star, Dave Arch raises his baton and your very own musical choice rings out. What will it be? Mine is simply no contest, a big band version, Artie Shaw style of ....Begin the Beguine....Play it maestro.... cheers Well, I can dream..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCXVxE_YeP4

And yours would be.......?
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:17 am

TANGOLERO wrote:Don't want to start a new thread for this, but just suppose this: You've done the training, you're all ready to take the floor and be a star, Dave Arch raises his baton and your very own musical choice rings out. What will it be? Mine is simply no contest, a big band version, Artie Shaw style of ....Begin the Beguine....Play it maestro.... cheers Well, I can dream..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCXVxE_YeP4

And yours would be.......?

Oooh - excellent question Tango!

It deserves some consideration though, so I am going to mull it over, try some tunes on for size and come back later with an answer.

Love this!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:40 am

Excellent thought Mr T. I hummed and haaed with the sublime Moonlight serenade or String of
Pearls, or little brown jug, but went for this one purely because I danced with my dad to this at my 50th earlier this year. We lost mum 9 years ago but it was something I had envisioned in my party plans because they loved dancing to the big band sound. It will always be a special moment for me and I have a lovely photo of the moment...this is what I have in my head as I nod to Dave Arch and the music begins....
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:12 pm

That's ever so touching, Alls x

And good question Mr T!

I've gone for the Theme From "Caravans" by Mike Batt for my Paso Doble with Vinthent (Gorka as a stand-in if Vinnie's back's still giving him jip). A beautifully majestic tune but with enough Paso punch for drama and I adore the Middle Easterm flavour.

(it's probably entirely inappropriate in terms of timing / rhythm but I don't care - I'm dancing to it!)
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:16 pm

Why have I never heard of this piece of music before?! Thank you Sid for introducing me to this, wonderful!
Actually I think it could make a great paso, good shout .
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:19 pm

I love this piece of music. Worthy of a Viennese Waltz:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3llx6XK0Ew
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:30 am

Sid wrote:That's ever so touching, Alls x

And good question Mr T!

I've gone for the Theme From "Caravans" by Mike Batt for my Paso Doble with Vinthent (Gorka as a stand-in if Vinnie's back's still giving him jip). A beautifully majestic tune but with enough Paso punch for drama and I adore the Middle Easterm flavour.

(it's probably entirely inappropriate in terms of timing / rhythm but I don't care - I'm dancing to it!)

What a lovely piece of music S id!! I can totally see a paso in this with a Moorish feel. I can see the choreography in my head.................... Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:35 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:I love this piece of music. Worthy of a Viennese Waltz:-

Thank you for putting this one up CC - haven't heard it for years and I'm reminded of my Dad singing it..............yes great for a VW.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:33 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:What a lovely piece of music S id!!  I can totally see a paso in this with a Moorish feel.  I can see the choreography in my head.................... Very Happy

allsewnonbyhand wrote:Why have I never heard of this piece of music before?! Thank you Sid for introducing me to this, wonderful!
Actually I think it could make a great paso, good shout .

I first heard it years ago when the figure skater Katarina Witt used it for a Short Program and I instantly fell in love with it (and her). The music's stayed with me ever since Smile

CaledonianCraig wrote:I love this piece of music. Worthy of a Viennese Waltz:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3llx6XK0Ew

+1

Lovely choice CC.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:40 pm

Another possible Viennese waltz?

the new duet by Kylie Minogue and Jack Savoretti 'Music's Too Sad Without You'

https://youtu.be/qsb1SuvUT9Q
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:07 pm

B4p wrote:Another possible Viennese waltz?

the new duet by Kylie Minogue and Jack Savoretti 'Music's Too Sad Without You'

https://youtu.be/qsb1SuvUT9Q

Beautiful...it's quite melancholic, I like it
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next