Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contestants for Series 13

+12
mauveangel09
Moova 12
Wallflower
saxonsiren
TANGOLERO
fiftynotout
CaledonianCraig
Sid
vonee21
jingle
B4p
Poppetlovestango
16 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Contestants for Series 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Contestants for Series 13

Post  saxonsiren Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:19 pm

Ooh early suggestion

Anita and Kevin

Jamelia and Alijaz
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:25 pm

Hello again everyone  Smile
Interesting height information there B4P.  There's going to be some mismatches for a few I think.
Looking forward to the start - love Ewan Thomas so at this moment he's my favourite, but who knows once I see them all dance  bounce
Wallflower
Wallflower

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:11 am

A very interesting list re the heights.
Personally I would like to see Ewan and Nathalie.
Peter and Janette would be super annoying!!

Housewives choice couldn't cope with Kirstie. I remember watching her in something called The Games and she was very competitive and did well. I had pegged Carol with Housewives choice as I didn't realise she was that tall.
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:12 am

Just noticed Tristan on there - I thought he was gone along with Trent. Cant keep up with this!!!
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:49 am

Well I'm not afraid to admit that my favourites so far are Helen and Peter. I've heard that he's a really nice guy (and I can't bear KP). Also there are rumours that he's bought a house in the next village; almost probably wrong (last year there were rumours that Tess and Vernon had bought a house near us too but that was wrong, it turned out to be an accountant!).
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:49 pm

Moova 12 wrote:
Personally I would like to see Ewan and Nathalie.

I'm hoping for this too, Moova. After Tim last year (as nice as he was) I think it would be unfair to give Jeremy to Nat. She's due a shot at the trophy again. I can't picture her with Jay, think he's too young for her, but saw a group training photo of her and Iwan and thought "yes they'd look good together."

Have a feeling O.la will get Peter. That would be a double UGH for me Laughing
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:20 pm

I've got a mighty strong feeling that Carol Kirkwood will be paired with An.ton. As sure as eggs are eggs....
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:56 pm

OOOO ERRR just seen a strictlified Ewan He has scrubbed up very well!

Now def want him and Nat paired. Hoping he doesn't get Siberian Siren!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:12 pm

I think without the usual pantomime horse, the thing that strikes me most about this line-up, is the overwhelming smell of competitiveness. I haven't heard one of them say 'oh, I just want to have fun' ala Pixie's eternal spouting last year.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:31 am

Looking forward to this year's contestants! All very tall females this year. I think A.non may get Carol. Brendan with Kirsty?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Contestants for Series 13 - Page 3 Empty Re: Strictly Contestants for 2015

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:20 pm

Hello Everyone!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Do hope you are all well.

I think the list of celebs looks interesting - when I first saw it I must admit I had my usual reaction of recent years that there are two many C listers included, but then it doesn't really matter because within the first few weeks of the contest I will know them all and feel like I have known them for ever - as always!  I found the red carpet event on the red button - I see that Alison Hammond is the 'new' L isa - but she did very well I thought.

Very pleased that C arol Kirkwood is on the show - she is one of my favourite people on television, I hope the show doesn't 'spoil' her like it did Suzanna Reid - hopefully she is grounded and I think she will be a good sport.   I also really hope that Ainsley Herriott does well - he has got great energy and he seems to have a great sense of rhythm -  he will certainly bring some fun to a line-up that seems to have a few what I call 'earnest' BBC personalities amongst the group - ergo  Katie Derham Jeremy Vine and Anita Rani.   Helen George looks very elegant but don't know much about her beyond 'Midwife'.       Whilst I agree with what some of you have said about Daniel O Donnell getting the Mrs Doyle vote -  this contingent didn't do much for Jennifer Gibney's chances last year did they?    However, overall a good mix of ages and different types of people.

I have to say I am not as enthused by the pro dancers as I used to be - I think a lot of us feel like this.   I have just not warmed to many of the newbies - particularly the newer women and their choreography.  I'm sorry that Trent and I veta have gone and of course R obin - although we will see him on ITT - So so glad that Brendon is continuing!!!!!   I'm glad that O la recovered from her serious leg injury but I am shocked that she is back, particularly after all the trouble last year,   I was also convinced that there would be the 'patter of tiny feet' but obviously not................      I'm not sorry that Joanne isn't in the show in some ways, but I think it is surprising that after only one year she is not being given another chance and yet she is going to be on ITT - wonder what the reason for that is?

On the other hand it is always interesting to see what new dancers bring to the line-up - I think Giovanni is being lined up as the 'new' V incent -  I listened to the other new boy being interviewed and he was saying that he could do  hip-hop, jazz, contemporary, he mentioned just about every form of dance known to man except ballroom and latin!!!!! Mad     I would so love a new dancer to join the show who would come out and say that they are a ballroom and latin purist!!!!    or is that too outrageous?   Laughing

Looking forward to our debates this year cheers

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:05 pm

I think Daniel O'Connel may have more of a following possibly than Jennifer had? I think the Mrs Doyle s of this world are loyal and stay like glue or is that leeches.
I do like the personalities this year Ainsley and Jeremy in particular
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:20 am

I read somewhere that Jamelia is alleged to have said that Strictly was for losers! I hope she gets Brendan. They both aren't slow at coming forward. Sparks anyone?

If Peter gets O la then a few folks will be shouting 'fix' I'm sure.

As mauve says, lots of earnest people this year. Can't wait to see the pairings.

Bout time Natalie had a good one I think.

Will Aliona smile between gritted teeth as she gets Strictly shafted again?

Who will An ton get?

Over on the Dark Side, they've already decided the quarter finals and potential winner. What's the point? They may as well not bother watching.

I hope the Pros get some decent music choices this season. It can really make or break the celebs chances.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:48 am

On cruise for the more mature and we heard Daniel was on and let me tell you the vote was mobilising even then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:53 am

Good morning All.
Just heard on the Radio that Daily Mirror is touting who is with who so be warned!

Just watched new dancer clip. New Italian dancer is Vincent mark 2!!

Can't wait to see if Gleb can dance.
Housewives choice seemed to be shaking his thing in the training. Perhaps he has had Latin lessons.

Bring it on!!!
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:28 am

Moova 12 wrote:On cruise for the more mature and we heard Daniel was on and let me tell you the vote was mobilising even then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

I do think he will have a large fan base already.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Contestants for Series 13 - Page 3 Empty Contestants for Series 13

Post  Poppetlovestango Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:51 pm

*Just heard on the Radio that Daily Mirror is touting who is with who so be warned!*

There is an article in the Daily Mail today which also has a couple of pairings in it. It'll
be interesting if the writer is correct.

Not too long to wait.
Poppetlovestango
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:53 pm

Well not too many surprises at the pairings - apart from A.nton - he might get somewhere this year!

So, until things get going I'm supporting the local lasses Helen & Jamelia. Go girls....

Think Gio may try to out-Vin.cent our Vinnie, but it won't work.  Give it up now, lad.

So looking forward to this. And The Doctor is back soon too.  Saturdays are good again   Smile
vonee21
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:45 pm

I am really looking forward to it now. On the whole good pairings. Oti will get feathers flying but she and Anthony are a great looking pairing. Jay has my mommy vote. Bit disappointed with Ewan and put a vest on you strumpet as he was my fave going in as I love track and field.
Brendon and Kirstie excellent pairing.

Gio needs to get rid of the earrings to be taken anyway seriously as a new Italian Stallion.
Gleb just needs to stand with a bag on his head or Anita will NEVER be able to dance.

I just hope Daniel can dance faster than he speaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let the fun begin! Very Happy
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:55 pm

I'm so out of touch with modern T.V that I only know about four of the contestants. Won't matter though becaue, as ever it will be a popularity contest with dance rather than a dance contest. I'll settle for the continuing pleasure I get from seeing people admitting that learning to dance is such a joy and pleasure. We could have told them that donkey's years ago. Wink

I'll reserve any comments  till some action happens next week, but I'm liking Ainsley Harriet's attitude ( well, ok, Natalie might have something to do with it Embarassed )and I might just give a silent cheer for Katie Derham as I like intelligent women.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:15 pm

Well I had three correct guesses

Keller and Kevin

Helen and Alijaz have high hopes for this couple.

Daniel and Kristina after the hot gossip re Kristina and her male partners I thought she would get a mature celeb!

Happy with Ainsley and Natalie,glad to see Aliona hasn't been stitched up but think Karen has again with Jeremy.

Carol and Pasha bless possible early bath!?

Really really wanted Jamelia and Brendan to be a couple for the sparks to fly
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:33 pm

Hi everyone who's back and anyone who's joined Smile

I need a few of the couples to have a key-swapping party!

Disappointed for Natalie as I hoped she might get a true contender this time, lord knows she's due one. No doubt she'll get the best out of Ainsley but I don't think it'll be enough to challenge the younger athletes, singers and actors. Plus, Ainsley's okay in small doses but find him a teensy bit annoying after a while!

I had Iwan in mind for Nat and it's doubling annoying that he's gone to O.la. I've grown more and more anti the Jordans I'm afraid (especially James on Twitter - oh god the "banter" between him and Iwan is going to be a whole new level of unbearable!).

I suppose Aliona was due someone decent. So I'll let her have Jay. But I find the thought of either her or O.la being the first pro to win twice quite distressing.

They've already started gently pushing for a male celeb win this year but I like the ladies more and the match-ups with their pros are better with Helen & Aljaz being my early favourites. Kirsty & B.rendan look great together but I'm getting slight Gabby Logan vibes from Kirsty - I just hope she doesn't over-think the dancing.

Everyone on my Twitter timeline is raving about Gleb, but he's not really doing much for me! It might be the 90s hair.

Jamelia is the only female celeb I'm not keen on mainly because of a Katie Hopkins moment recently where she said shops shouldn't stock clothes for plus size women - it might encourage them to lose weight! Shocked Mad I want to rescue Tristan Razz
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:37 pm

Hi everybody!

So excited Strictly is BACK! cheers

This year the celebs seem all quite good looking, slim and eager.

Just watched the launch show, and after seeing the group dance briefly, the following caught my eye:

* Jay (who's so visibly nervous, bless him!)

* Helen (she's good!)

* Jamelia (bit gobby, but she's a mover too)

* Peter (that HIPS!, I mean...!)

* Katie (dodgey shimmying aside, she kept to the fiendishly fast tempo of the song).

Oh, can I say I love the three pros this year (and am surprised A.liona is paired with a potential winner, I thought the producers hate her). Giovani (sp?) looks like a happy-chappy V.incent style quirky-cookiness man-child (fun), Oti is HOT HOT HOT (Oh my beating heart), and Gleb is handsome, but someone should tell him to get rid of that 90's hairstyle. He reminds me of James Marsden (actor).

How's everyone?! afro

p.s.: Pasha looks like he had one too many pies! lol! lol! lol!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:42 pm

Sid wrote:They've already started gently pushing for a male celeb win this year but I like the ladies more and the match-ups with their pros are better with Helen & Aljaz being my early favourites. Kirsty & B.rendan look great together but I'm getting slight Gabby Logan vibes from Kirsty - I just hope she doesn't over-think the dancing.

Everyone on my Twitter timeline is raving about Gleb, but he's not really doing much for me! It might be the 90s hair.

Helloooo, Sid! How are you?! I can't believe we said the same thing about Gleb's 90s hairstyle! Haha!

I am happy A.liona is given a contender again this year, but equally annoyed she's paired with yet another boy band member. Equally I am annoyed too that O.la is paired with yet another sportsman Iwan. We are going to get loads of knee slides and pivots from Iwan now won't we? I like Iwan on his own, but the pairing, oh well, doesn't fill me with hope...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:59 pm

cellar-door wrote:

Helloooo, Sid! How are you?! I can't believe we said the same thing about Gleb's 90s hairstyle! Haha!

I know! On the same wavelength again CD. We're sooo getting married!

I forgot to mention the boxer. He seems to have given up before even getting started! Bad luck to injur himself before the show. Oti seems lovely though - and is stunning.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next