Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

+8
Twirlie
diamondsandpearls
B4p
David Tee
fiftynotout
TANGOLERO
MissingLilia
Moova 12
12 posters

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 7 Empty Re: 2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

Post  Moova 12 Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:54 pm

Diamonds I am SOOOOOOO on your side.
I really dislike the A nton persona and agree with all you said.
I live in hope that Tony Beak is less irritating in real life.
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 7 Empty Re: Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:26 pm

Gosh - so much going on!!!
First of all - I'm so so glad that you have posted Mr T and that you are ok - every time I see a paso on Strictly I think of you - I know you would have enjoyed hearing 'Espana Cani'. Even though Bill and Oti didn't dance to a traditional track for their paso last week - I felt that 'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly' made for a great paso track. I just want someone to dance to Guantanamera for their rumba now..............................that's a point - no rumbas yet this year?? Maybe they are saving it until later. Anyway - it will be great to have you back Mr T and know that you are out there...................... cheers cheers cheers

Now - to this weekend. Even though I felt that Nicola would not last much longer and I was getting a bit bored of what they were doing, I did not want it to end this way. I'm sure she will be invited back next year and CC you make an interesting point...............will there be 'bye' this week? I know they normally don't do this on SCD but as there are so fewer contestants this year..............who knows? And yes B4P how are they going to fill the time? Maybe they will just extend the training VTs?

I am delighted for A nton that he has got a judges seat - he deserves it and although it will be strange to be giving critiques to colleagues I'm sure he will be very entertaining.......... he is dancing 'pedigree' and is so well qualified to do the job. TBH although she is a nice person and quite entertaining I really feel that Motsi doesn't have much to add to the panel. She started off promising but now doesn't so much critique as simply gush and what with the overmarking............I wouldn't really miss her.

It was great to see A nton on ITT today - his passion for the show is so genuine and I hope that when he hangs up his dance shoes (which must be soon) there will be a role for him on SCD (after all, gormless Gethin has been hanging around for years - somehow?) However I fear that as long as CRH and B runo are on the panel there would not be a judges seat for him as it would mean too many men on the panel.

Another interesting show coming up for this weekend..........................I really liked what Clara and Alijaz were doing in training, I really hope she can have a breakthrough and do better this week.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 7 Empty Re: 2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

Post  B4p Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:14 pm

Well I turn my back for 5 minutes and the earth shifts.

I'm sorry Katya and Nicola were knocked out due to Co-vid. It's everywhere and difficult to avoid no matter how careful most people are trying to be. However, Nicola's had 3 weeks and I don't think she would have gone much further, so I wouldn't think she'd be invited back again. Surely next year Strictly will be looking for a same sex male pair that they can dress as twins?

I wonder if they'll have less dancers in the final. It should be easy to fill the missing couple's 2 minute time slot with longer training VTs or the band playing an extra tune.

I'm happy that An ton has a chance in the judges seat. He knows the technical aspects. His strength is ballroom to match Shirley's latin expertise. He's no longer in the competition so he doesn't have a conflict of interest. I feel An ton is in Strictly limbo. He's seen less and less in the pro dances, and he's often given a static role. He's become a backstop for the less abled dancers, politicians and news readers. I can't imagine the organisers would ever pair him with someone from one of the soaps.

If he's not dancing on the show, surely they'd have to find a new role for him? Maybe he could have a slot on ITT demonstrating some of the basic dance steps like Jason Gilkison was doing using the pros to demonstrate in a ballroom. T ess and Claudia seem rooted into their presenting roles so I doubt he'd take over one of their jobs (unless one became ill). To know he's standing in for Motsi when it was thought he might actually be given that job must seem a bit strange, particularly as it's only temporary.

The two weakest dancers for me this week are Max and Jamie. I think Caroline will be safe for a short time.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:33 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:

Ok, now I've got that off my chest, and have slunk away to the naughty step......
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:25 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:
I am delighted for A nton that he has got a judges seat - he deserves it and although it will be strange to be giving critiques to colleagues I'm sure he will be very entertaining.......... he is dancing 'pedigree' and is so well qualified to do the job. TBH although she is a nice person and quite entertaining I really feel that Motsi doesn't have much to add to the panel.  She started off promising but now doesn't so much critique as simply gush and what with the overmarking............I wouldn't really miss her.

It was great to see  A nton on ITT today - his passion for the show is so genuine and I hope that when he hangs up his dance shoes (which must be soon) there will be a role for him on SCD    (after all, gormless Gethin has been hanging around for years - somehow?)  However  I fear that as long as CRH and B runo are on the panel there would not be a judges seat for him as it would mean too many men on the panel.

I'm delighted too that A'nton's got on the judging panel at last. If there had been any justice, he should have been on it instead of Motsi. However, you're right mauve, despite there being three men and a woman on the panel when the show started, providing four very strong, very different personalities. Now since Shirley arrived there has to be an equal 2 men, 2 women split on the panel or the BBC will be deluged with complaints about sexism, despite the fact that A'nton is so much more qualified for this show than Motsi. However unless C'raig or B'runo decide to leave the show which is hugely unlikely since it's such a cash-cow for them, there is no place for A'nton on the judging panel. It's a shame because the panel has become a complete caricature of itself. B'runo waves his arms about and falls off his chair, C'raig is hugely critical of the dancers until the end of the spiel when he reverses his position and tells them how wonderful they were. Shirley is the schoolteacher who gushes over all her male students! and Motsi.... Well, everything is Ohmygoodness or Onpoint (whatever that means) or Wow or Pow or Pop. All totally meaningless and delivered at breakneck speed in an ultra thick South African Accent! What made the BBC think she'd be an asset to the show? This will be A'nton's only stint on the judging panel, and I see no other place for him on the Strictly roundabout. Gethin's job? I don't think that would be nearly satisfying enough for him. He could possibly replace Rylan, but who knows how many years Rylan's contract is for. No, when A'nton decides to stop dancing on the show, or is booted off by the producers, I think that's it for him. He's gone. Which I think will be tragic.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:50 pm

Diamonds and Moova - I do know what you mean about A.nton and agree with a lot of it, certainly the ha-ha marvellous persona can become wearing. However I'm one of those sentimental old creatures who love a bit of nostalgia, and for me A.nton is the last link with the golden old days of Strictly, the days when a Flavia/Vincent tango or an Erin/A.nton ballroom would be the highlight of the weekend. And I guess as my own years advance I'm more conscious of the importance of employers finding a place for their older staff, so I'm glad that A.nton is being given a trial at other roles in Strictly. I do think on yesterday's ITT he was genuinely delighted about his temporary move into Motsi's chair. I have a suspicion that he may be a very considered judge, if he avoids the comedy angle....anyhow, time will tell....

Just seen your comments Twirlie and agree. If gender balance on the panel is an issue I'd happily replace B.runo (sorry B4P!). I haven't missed B.runo's input at all this year, the panel was getting very panto in recent years.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:06 pm

Moova 12 wrote:Diamonds I am SOOOOOOO on your side.
I really dislike the A nton persona and agree with all you said.
I live in hope that Tony Beak is less irritating in real life.

Oh Moova - thank goodness! Laughing

See you on the naughty step... Wink Wink
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:15 pm

B4p wrote: I can't imagine the organisers would ever pair him with someone from one of the soaps.

I

Well.. it was only last year he was paired with someone from one of the soaps. And they were in the final... The pros don't tend to be given the blue smartie two years in a row... I mean, Gio got given a breakfast tv presenter this year, which in days gone by were partnered with A nton. And he did an awful job with them. It's not what you get given, it's what you do with it that counts...

I feel the reason is often (though not always - he had had some leading roles) sidelined in the group dances is that, unless it is ballroom-based he's just not very good. There. I said it....

And in terms of balance, they need a latin expert. Shirley is the ballroom - I don't feel we need another.

diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:23 pm

jingle wrote:I'm more conscious of the importance of employers finding a place for their older staff,

Just seen your comments Twirlie and agree. If gender balance on the panel is an issue I'd happily replace B.runo (sorry B4P!). I haven't missed B.runo's input at all this year, the panel was getting very panto in recent years.

I think if A nton actually put in some work with latin and with actually TEACHING his partners then I don't think he would be in any danger of being sidelined. He is in very good shape and can still leap around with energy and enthusiasm. But he is lazy. Unless a partner shows proper promise, eg Emma last year, then he just jokes around with them - he never grows them (even Emma I feel would have reached more of her potential with one of the others). And he has never put the effort in with the latin dances - there was at least one dance last year where Emma was better than A nton.

I thus don't think he should be rewarded for being lazy. And, because he so jokey and doesnt try with his partners, I just don't feel he can judge his peers. He isn't better than them. He may have had years more experience, and he may be an expert on ballroom, but he is shocking at latin. How can he comment on or mark a latin routine choreographed by Oti or Gio, for example? They may as well have one of us....

But yes, B runo.... Not missing him at all.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 7 Empty Re: Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:43 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:

He may have had years more experience, and he may be an expert on ballroom, but he is shocking at latin.  How can he comment on or mark a latin routine choreographed by Oti or Gio, for example?  They may as well have one of us....

on that basis - CRH and B runo are not qualified to judge a latin routine - having never done a latin routine or ballroom routine in their lives before coming onto SCD ! Laughing

Shirley is the latin expert on the panel not ballroom - although I do agree that it is not ideal that someone marks their peers - I imagine the dance-off will be very difficult for him. If I was him I would go down the middle ground with the marks - I hope he doesn't mark them all high just for the 'feel good' factor which is what a lot of the guest judges have done in the past. Mr Mauve and I were saying that it is strange that Motsi cannot give her critique via a live feed - like the B runo link......strange...........anyway - variety is the spice of life and its good that we don't all agree on everything!

I think you are right B4P - they won't have Nicola back as it was 4 weeks in and they've never done this in the past even when celebs have recovered from injuries etc. I think Mr Mauve saw that it had been confirmed somewhere that she won't be invited back - but I fully expect to see her on something like the 'Children in Need' or 'Christmas Show' whenever they are able to start those again..............

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:51 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:

I think you are right B4P - they won't have Nicola back as it was 4 weeks in and they've never done this in the past even when celebs have recovered from injuries etc.  I think Mr Mauve saw that it had been confirmed somewhere that she won't be invited back - but I fully expect to see her on something like the 'Children in Need' or 'Christmas Show' whenever they are able to start those again..............

I think its nailed on she'll be invited back for the next series. They invoted Jaimie Laing back for this year and can certainly see them doing it for Nicola Adams.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 7 Empty Re: SCD 2020 Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:06 pm

Hi CC
It is on the SCD site that she won't be invited back. I think with Jamie Laing he came back because he didn't actually start the show.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:06 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:

on that basis - CRH and B runo are not qualified to judge a latin routine - having never done a latin routine or ballroom routine in their lives before coming onto SCD ! Laughing    

Shirley is the latin expert on the panel not  ballroom
-

I think C raig and B runo are there as the so-called perfomance experts - as you rightly say, they are certainly not qualified to judge the technicalities of a latin routine, or a ballroom one either!

And yes, I got that wrong, Our Shirl is latin queen, so it is fair that the other person is a ballroom maven.

Anyway, I am looking forward to many of the performances so I will grit my teeth and get through it!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:47 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:I think you are right B4P - they won't have Nicola back as it was 4 weeks in and they've never done this in the past even when celebs have recovered from injuries etc.  I think Mr Mauve saw that it had been confirmed somewhere that she won't be invited back - but I fully expect to see her on something like the 'Children in Need' or 'Christmas Show' whenever they are able to start those again..............
I thought the same mauve that Nicola will probably be back to do the 2021 Christmas show
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 7 Empty Week 4 Main Show

Post  B4p Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:49 pm

I enjoyed tonight's show, although I thought the scoring was even more bizarre than usual. So glad that Clara has finally been given some decent scores. I'll write my other comments later
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:01 pm

I have a few things to add that will wait till tomorrow, but for now what a smashing finish Charleston From Alijaz and Clara. She looked like a 1930 Harlem Cotton Club Jazz queen of the Ella era and danced like a top showgirl. Superb. A good show and a tribute to the pros for doing so well with their charges. Bill Bailey continues to amaze.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

saxonsiren likes this post

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 7 Empty Re: 2020 Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:30 pm

Line of the night from CRH - '10 people booing don't scare me' lol! followed closely by Housewives choice's 'The Cha Cha is vile' lol! hilarious!!!

A very enjoyable show but I felt that Shirley gave us a lesson in how not to score!!! Whilst I enjoyed HRVY and Janette's salsa, I found the '10' totally unfathomable and then where else was there to go? She had no choice but to give Bill a '10' who did better than HRVY and then along came Clara to close the show with (for me) the dance of the night so had to be another '10'! Tut tut - all these routines were excellent but were they 10s? Not for me i'm afraid when '9' should be an accolade at this stage in the contest.

My personal favourite routines were Clara, Bill and Jamie. I feel JJ will need the viewer votes and Max and/or Caroline could be in danger

mauveangel09

saxonsiren and CaledonianCraig like this post

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 7 Empty Re: 2020 Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:14 pm

Well A nton's comments I felt were constructive but he was keeping Motsi's high scores going!

HRVY and Janette - Salsa -  8
I must have been watching a different dance to Shirley!  I thought the choreography was very good and it would have been much better for me danced to different music.   I didn't think the music said 'Salsa' and maybe that coloured my view. I did like it - I thought it was tight, it had continuous movement, he got the 'figure of 8' hips and coped well with the lifts - all much better than last week but a classic dance warranting a 10? - not quite for me. Be interesting to see what others think?

Ranvir and Gio - Cha Cha - 7
A mixed dance for me - that I must admit did not seem as good as it promised in the training VTs although it was a good effort.   I really liked the hip bits but once they got into the cha cha steps Ranvir didn't seem as confident and the footwork was a bit walky for me - on the performance side though she did sell it as CRH said. They had brilliant music - Oye Como Va is a favourite track of mine.  Does anyone else find Gio's hair a bit offputting this year!  Embarassed

Max and Dianne - American Smooth - 6
It was a nice routine and had all the ingredients of being a great routine with excellent music but I found it so tentative from Max.  I think CRH was very harsh but I kind of agreed with the gist of what he was saying. I know that Max enjoyed last week and did the Simpsons dance well but for me this week all the moves were there but it was back to him dancing without any real spirit or conviction. I'm really not sure whether this is really for him.

JJ and Amy - Jive - 6
A lovely concept and a great routine from Amy.   I thought that Shirley's comments were spot on and although some improvement was needed I thought the timing was very good and it was definitely worth more than the paltry '4' given by CRH.  JJ dances with spirit and so wants to be there.

Maisie and Gorka - Cha Cha - 8
This was the better cha cha of the night for me although I didn't really care for the routine itself.  It was clear that Maisie was making a real effort to get it right and her concentration was palpable - she did need to relax a bit but I'm glad she took on board the comments from last week about footwork.

Bill and Oti - Couples Dance - 9
Brilliant - loved it - I think A nton summed it up when he said that 'it was not danced with irony' - I got that totally.  It was not a comedy routine.  They both looked good from start to finish. Loved the costumes too.

Caroline and Johannes - Waltz - 7
Slightly underwhelming and she still hasn't left her comfort zone. It was elegant, graceful and easy on the eye but CRH was right about the gapping and the footwork wasn't always on it I thought.  Not a particularly flattering costume.

Jamie and Karen - Samba - 8
Wow! Yes Jamie Yes!   Where did that come from?    I wasn't sure what to expect when I saw them looking like they were in a mariachi band but I loved it and was so surprised.  What a vast improvement he has made. It was funny and joyous but in the right way for me and danced to music that really suited the samba (for once!) I felt they danced very well in sync. He deserves to stay in.

Clara and Alijaz - Charleston - 9
Dance of the night for me - Clara looked confident and totally invested in it.  I love a traditional charleston and this had all the right moves and swivel in buckets! The timing was impeccable as was the energy and Clara looked lovely.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:14 pm

I SO agree Mauve about Shirley's 10 for RV - it left her nowhere to go.

There were a lot of disappointments in this week - I was loking forward to so many of them...

RV was actually better than I thought, but even though Janette did the 'lets look at traditional salsa and go back to my roots' thing, her choreo was her usual 'toss me like a cat playing with a half dead mouse' stuff. Of which I am not a fan.  Anyway, RV did the mouse-tossing very laudably and was a suitably smug cat.  But not a ten.

Ranvir was my chief disappointment.  It's like.... it was all there, but she seemed so uncomfortable that she didn't quite... commit.  She was on the balls of her feet rather than the front of her feet, so not flat footed exactly but it still seemed a bit stiff and stompy.  And I agreed with C raig, she was sort of leaning back when she walked.  She looked very nice, and overall I liked the dress as a cha cha outfit, but felt she could have taken it just a bit shorter as she has before. As to Gio's hair... The nation (Twitter) are as one with being thoroughly Agin it. It's really not popular.

Max was a HUGE disappointment.  The routine was just... meh. As was Dianne's dress  It looked amazing in the drawings on ITT on Thursday, but didn't quite translate in reality or quite come together for me.  It had beautiful components but... didn't quite make it. And i had no idea why Max was wearing an AT boxy velvet jacket rather than an elegant Fred Astaire suit (not tails, just a suit).  He looked stocky and inelegant as a result.  The very opposite of Fred.

I can't remember the running order now...

Was Bill next?  Let's do Bill.  I found I wasn't as blown away by this as the rest of the nation (Twitter and my cousins).  I think it's just not my thing (although I loved Charles and Karen's one two year's ago - and I don't even like Karen!). He did very well with it, but there was a bit were he went out of synch, though he caught up very quickly and I think a lot of people, including the judges, didn't see it. It was clearly a take on Janet Jackson 1990 video for 'Alright' - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRuovJ3hP9o .  Which I found weird because Rapper's Delight came out 10 years earlier and Bill and Oti said it was all about the 80s. Which it wasn't.  So yes - another Unpopular Opinion Klaxon - I was disappointed with this. I quite like the suits and styling though - but would have chosen dark hats.  Because I am being picky now.

JJ...  Well!  The question is - does a Royal in your video trump three Nans?  
The jive was never going to be his dance, but he got loads of 'bless him' marks from myself and my cousins (though not the nation/Twitter) for giving it his all, for the story about the Navy making his uniform to measure for the show and for him being so chuffed  about it.  And for not being cocky about Prince Harry.  I think Amy did all she could.  Given the general overmarking and feel good factor of this week's show, I felt the scores were a bit on the mean side. Amy looked nice, but I wasn't wowed. Thought the shorts could have been a bit more flippy (like Rita et al's in this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh8-Z2bcyTM )

And then there was Maisie...  I think the concept was just wrong.  I love Gorka, I really do, but the Barbie and Ken theme had nothing to do with the song and Maisie never really got out of being a stiff dolly.  They both looked silly, and I shall never forgive Gorka for those neither-short-nor-long socks.  They were hideous.  Paired with those shorts, they made a even a gorgeous man look horrible.

I shall move swiftly on...

Are we up to Caroline now? Or is Jamie first?  I think it was Jamie.  Well, he has all the enthusiasm of a 1 year old labrador and I adore him for it.  He is a trier.  The concept of making a Brazilian dance Mexican themed was a bit... Karen, I guess.  It was full of content, but the problem with the matching outfits was it that it really showed up whenever they were out of synch or Karen did a sharper move than Jamie.  I've only ever enjoyed one Samba (it's a silly dance) and this was nowhere near close to that, but I think Jamie did as well as could given... Karen.

Caroline was another disappointment.  She is incredibly elegant and had lovely point feet and extensions, and she is very graceful. But even for a slow waltz she seemed to be...well, slow.  Not out of time slow, but there seemed to be no lyricism - where the body is swaying towards the next step. That makes it sound as though I am saying she is staccato.  She absolutely isn't, but I thought her skirt would swing and sway (they usually do when they are that full) and it was quite static.  It was... stately.  That's the word!  Stately.  I think she SO wants to get it right that she is the total opposite of someone like Jamie who just goes for it and enjoys it. I think she has musicality within her and also performance, but she just needs to lighten up.  To loosen up.

And then we saved the best for last Smile Thank goodness!!  Clara was a delight.  I had a smile plastered all over my face watching her charleston.  She was clearly having the time of her life.  It is HER dance.  And the music was perfect, and she looked great in those pale pink tassels.  She had the joi de vivre, the timing, the character, the swivel.  Though I think it too early for tens, I really didn't begrudge her the two tens, given that others far less deserving had got them.  It was easily dance of the night and she thoroughly deserved to be top of the leader board. But I think Shirley needs to go and have some stern words with herself - how can someone, in all honesty, go from 6s to a 10 in one week?  The answer is, she was terribly undermarked the other weeks - she was a 7 or an 8 last week - and slightly overmarked this week because it was just that sort of week - she was a solid 9 this week.  Anyway, very happy for her, because I felt she has been overlooked and undermarked previously.

I think JJ, Max and Caroline are in danger this week.  Possibly Ranvir.  If JJ IS in the dance off then I can't see him staying.  I lobbed him two votes because I would miss him WAY more than Max.  He and Amy are my lovely wholesomeness each week.  And I NEED that.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:24 am

Week 4's thoughts
I wish we could SEE the singers. The singers and the band help make the show special.
Well I think Nicola’s extra 2 minutes of the show must have been taken up by Cr aig David going through the T&C.
Whooping and hollering is back with a vengeance, along with T ess verbal diarrhoea.
Not sure that seeing Mostsi on VT added anything. Maybe she could have done a joint comment with Br uno on the results show. I thought she might have thanked An ton for standing in for her at short notice.

Hrvy - Salsa.  I enjoyed the dance, but it wasn’t a 10 for me. I would have given an 8/9 . As I’ve said before, most of the dancing in Harvey’s pop videos is salsa based, for which he’s had previous training, so he’s used to the basic salsa steps. He did well but for me he doesn't really get down into the floor, it sometimes looks more like he's marking time on the spot. He managed to catch the flying gnome without dropping her. She loves flying through the air so much I think she must have been shot out of a cannon in a previous life.

Ranvir - Cha Cha.  I thought Ranvir did quite well in performance and footwork. She didn’t look as relaxed as last week, and you could see the cogs going round. I can’t understand
Cr aig’s 5. Housewives choice said good hip rotation, Shirley said not. I thought it was a 7/8.

Max - A.Smooth. Again I thought Cr aig’s comments were completely destructive and he gives another 5. I agree about the spatula hands when hitting a line, but Jamie’s been doing that every week and Jason did it too, but nothing was said to either of them. A difficult dance where the slowness shows every detail good or bad. I think that was his first ballroom dance (apart from the tango) so what with learning the steps, frame, and leading Diane I’m not surprised his brain’s fried. I think I would have given him 6/7.

JJ - Jive. Again more negative feedback from Cr aig. Comments like no retraction, more attack needed and energy. I agree with Shirley that his balance was square and not always forward on his toes, but have the judges any idea of the extent of JJ’s injuries? It may not be possible for him to achieve certain positions due to the scar tissue in his legs and feet.  For someone who was blown up and had to learn to walk again. I think he did well. He certainly was up on his toes at the beginning of the dance, but it’s difficult for anyone to maintain that level of energy for long. I don’t understand Cr aig’s 4. I think a 6 was reasonable.

Maisie - Cha Cha. I wasn’t a fan of the Ken & Barbie concept which added to the robotic flavour. I thought there was too much faffing about at the beginning. She seemed quite tense and I’m not sure it was all down to the mannequin style. I thought An ton’s 9 was over generous and 8 would have been my score. Seeing non dancers like Bill and Clara climbing the scoreboard must be a bit uncomfortable.

Bill - C.Choice. Loved it. Lots of content, good synchronicity. He was keeping up with Oti without relying on her to show the way.  I’m not sure about Shirley’s 10 but think I would have given it a 9.

Caroline - Waltz. Elegant, competent, beautiful arms and hand positions but I was a bit bored with the dance and song. There’s only so many leg lifts I can watch before dozing off and to me her facial expression remains the same every week. I’m not sure how Caroline’s going to manage with the faster latin dances or a Charleston. I would have given a 7.

Jamie - Samba. Another twin outfitting. Love the music. No one can doubt that his performance gene has switched on. He did much better than I thought he would. Lots of recognisable samba content. Another one who has spade like hands but for some reason, he’s under Cr aigs radar. Maybe he was more interested in Jamie’s ‘volcanic booty action ‘. Again I thought An ton’s 9 over generous and Shirley’s comment about it being one of the better samba’s seen on the show ridiculous. She needs more water with whatever she’s supping. I thought an 8 about right.

Clara - Charleston. Dance of the night for me. She shone. She looked sensational. She danced her socks off. There was no doubt she was 100% committed and her joy was infectious. For the first time in the series she got decent marks. I’m not sure if I would have given it a 9 or a 10 but I’m happy for her. It’s about time the non dancers got a bit more credit. Let's hope this is her breakthrough dance.

I thought it was interesting how the studio camera panned across to the pro dancers whilst the judges were giving their comments. Alijaz and Johannes both looked annoyed by some of Cr aigs comments. Alijaz mentioned on ITT last week about the judges criticising the pros choreography in front of the celebrities.
I thought An ton made some positive comments, he needs some practice at shortening his feedback. Shirley's comments were up and down like a chimney sweeps brush and Cr aig was the ultimate evil Panto Queen.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:43 am

A very short comment for now.

I enjoyed Hrvy and Janette, Bill and Oti, & Jamie and Karen most of all. Clara and Aljaz, and Maisie and Gorka were excellent too but didn’t excite me very much, I certainly didn’t think Clara and Aljaz deserved a higher score than Bill and Oti. Caroline and Johannes, and Max and Dianne come next. Ranvir and Giovanni were a big disappointment compared to last week and JJ’s and Amy’s combination of military movements and the jive just didn’t work at all and they deserved to be bottom of the leaderboard. However I don’t think they’ve run out of steam yet so I gave them two votes. Mrs Twirlie wanted a to give Max and Dianne a vote so my third vote went to them. I think my favourites at the top of the leaderboard should be safe without my diving in to save them but I suppose I should think about starting to vote for my favourites soon. I’d hate for someone to go out by default.

I hope you all enjoyed the show. What did you make of A’nton. I thought he started a bit unsure of himself, but by the end of the show he was a lot more confident in his comments. His marks were at Motsi level sadly.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:27 am

Interesting week. We are down to 9 dancers and there were two tied scores (always going to happen with only three judges) which makes the viewer vote all the more important. If people are assuming the top five were safe then I think we may be in for a very interesting dance off....

I think we have got to the stage in the competition where you can see that some people are trying so hard to master the steps and make the routine “perfect” that they forget to put in a “performance”. Just reading your comments I can see that Jamie (who performs) is out-dancing Caroline (who is technically better). A couple of others lacked performance last night (Ranvir/JJ/Max) but I think this was more to do with the fact that they were uncomfortable with the particular dance they were given. Frankly, to be a winner you have to good in all genres so these three should, in my opinion, be the next three to go. Caroline will only survive if she properly lets go (like Clara last night).

HRVY and Maisie are far and away the best dancers but I think the GBP will pick an ultimate winner from the rest of the pack.

A.nton as a judge? Nowhere near as constructive and technical as I thought he would be and, I have to say, I was a bit disappointed. I’ve seen his stage show where he is warm and engaging but last night he seemed a little out of his depth, as if he’d been allowed to join the big boys gang but didn’t quite fit in. There were shades of L.en (in a good way) but otherwise I think he needs to watch and learn, watch and learn or it may be a case of “be careful what you wish for”.

Finally, can I join others in warmly welcoming Tangolero back to this group. I too was concerned by your absence and wish you all the very best.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

saxonsiren likes this post

Back to top Go down

2020 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 7 Empty Yay Its so lovely to hear from you Mr T aka Our lovely Jim. So sorry to hear its been a difficult 12 months for you. Long Term Pain and debilertating conditions really take their toll and not just physically. Sending positive vibes, prayers . xx

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:03 am

TANGOLERO wrote:Hallo friends all and I'm so touched and grateful about you concern for me. No, I don't do Twitter and stuff, and my name is Jim Morris. Apart from Bolton Wanderers site, Painters Online, News sites and here, I don't bother much with the internet. I've had a bad twelve month, got smashed with arthritis and can hardly walk. I haven't left the house for two months now and my proposed knee operation seems as far away as ever. I pray a lot as I'm a confirmed Christian (Catholic) and live in hope. I've been watching Strictly and am sure the young girl actress will win from Bill Bailey; we will see. I can't do my normal column but will chip in from time to time. Keep me in your prayers and thanks ever for your support. Nothing is the same right now is it.
Love and best wishes for you all.

Tango.
P.S, I saw notification of Sax's message but can't open the link?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:07 am

I attempted to answer on my phone for the first time!
Fabulous to see you again MR T aka our Lovely Gentlemen Jim. So sorry its been a difficult and painful 12 mths for you😪 Long term pain & debillerating condition/illness takes its toll.
Sending positive vibes, prayers and all my love. Im sure Miss Bennett would spend an afternoon reading or chatting with you . xx
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:14 am

Did enjoy Housewives choice as Judge tbh..B.runo often went on and on re his comments. Its a difficult one to call this year..Nicola & Katua out and I felt a possible for the DO this week. Caroline I feel thinks and dances with her Actors mind..Its as if she is happy to get into a Character for the dance, to project that character re facial expression and voice ( in VT training clips) act out how character will dance YET doesn't embrace the actual dance? Once music stops I half expect " Ok, thats a wrap everyone take 5" from the producer

A.nton will improve and I hope be a returning permanant Judge next year..If E.ron or Flavia join too it would be delicious
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next