Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

+6
diamondsandpearls
TANGOLERO
CaledonianCraig
mauveangel09
jingle
B4p
10 posters

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 8 Empty Re: 2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

Post  B4p Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:13 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:I would not bet on Judi Lowe returning this week as she is still struggling to shake off COVID-19 according to reports.
I think most cases of Covid would take far more than one week to clear. I'm guessing Tom was asymptomatic to bounce back so quickly but most take weeks if not months to improve. Greg was battling a chest infection for weeks before he got eliminated, and he looked very tired and his face almost grey at times on screen. It's a shame for the show but contestant's health should always come first.
B4p
B4p

CaledonianCraig likes this post

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 8 Empty Re: 2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

Post  diamondsandpearls Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:42 pm

Good evening my fellow sparklies.

Aware that I have been quiet this week, but we had agas leak at work last weekend (whilst I was snugly watching Strictly) which resulted in evacuation of everyone for 6 hours, returning to the hostel at 1.15am. The gas to most of the hostel was reconnected but the main kitchen, which provides breakfast and meals to the bar was left out of action and not reconnected until yesterday. There were consequences during the week of sorting out refunds and soothing people...

And THEN... on Thursday the relentless rain had consequences where Cockermouth (where my house is and in which reside my sister and niece) was in very real danger of being flooded again. The rivers broke their banks and 40 properties had some water in them, but the rest of the town, fortuntately remained unscathed. However, the whole of Thursday was spent on tenterhooks by all concerned, and my sister, who is not in the best of health, was particulalryexhausted by it.

So with all of that going on, plus a deadline for getting the blanket I am crocheting for my Mum, I have just not had much time to talk about all things Srictly...

I see from previous posts that Audi might not be well enough totake part this week. I just hope she feels a lot better soon. I am a little over this series - last year they protected everyone so very carefully and nobody dropped out. This year what with covid and other ill-health, they are dropping like flies. Add in my least favourite week - Halloween - and I'm left wondering whether it is all worth it. I am most distressed by Dan and Nadiya being obsters. I was hoping he might have pulled a big toe and been off PE this week to spare him, and us, the torture of that. Scott Mills was more than enough, and I don't think I can cope with poor Daniel being done up like a... lobster.

So, in all, not especially geared up for tonight. But I'll give it my best shot...

Hope you are all well and in fine costume (as in, lovely dresses and suits and NOT halloweened up). I have a beautiful waltz dress in a lovely shade of bluebell, trimmed with matching feathers and embellished with blue and mauve sparkles. I am channelling Erin circa 2007...

See you later everyone! xx
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 8 Empty Week 6 Halloween Shown

Post  B4p Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:05 pm

I'm off to do the scoreboard, then I'll post my contribution
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:22 pm

Diamonds I hope all is well with your house & Sister & Niece. Love Cockermouth we visited before it was flooded one year and then again afterwards. The Bar Balcony we had enjoyed drinks on devastating to see it damaged. The line of the water marked along the shops/pubs etc really soul destroying.
I too, had wished Dan had a minor injury and a bye week to save him being dressed as a Lobster and us watching in horror the bizarre costume and limited movements.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:35 pm

Oh Diamonds
What a time of it you have had.
And then SCD serves up that!
Suffice to say I really didn’t enjoy it tonight.
Pleather was obviously cheap this week on Walthamstow market.
I did not get Sara’s CC. Couldn’t raise my eyes above Tom’s awful tight ankle grazers.
What on earth Katya climbing out of the piano. I have loved some of her choreography in the past but this season it is odd.
Rhys was so arched it looked strained agreed with Housewives choice and the fabu-u-lus darling one.
I sent my votes AJ’s way as I like her.
I wait your more informed comments.
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 8 Empty Re: Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread 2021

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:11 pm

Moova 12 wrote: Couldn’t raise my eyes above Tom’s awful tight ankle grazers.
:

Yes totally agree - and Adam's too! What was it with the trousers tonight!

Hi all
Felt it was the usual Hallowe'en fare tonight - there were winners and losers in terms of the themes that they were dealt and the costumes. I liked some of it and didn't like a lot of it! Found it a bit strange in terms of the dancing and some of the scoring and judges comments were frustrating for various reasons. No-one really blew me away except for Rose and Giovanni -I also felt that J and J did very well despite the muted comments from the judges this week. AJ and Kai were very polished but I personally wasn't keen on the theme. I felt that Judi was overmarked and despite the somewhat strange Couples Choice I didn't think that Sara and Alijaz deserved quite such poor marks.

J+J Quickstep - 9
Excellent routine to excellent music. Not much wrong with it in my book. For once I did not a agree with CRH. I thought it was danced very well and they did not break hold very much - in fact I thought they did what the judges have been asking them to do in the last couple of weeks so didn't understand the somewhat lukewarm reaction. Hope they get through ok and aren't forgotten through going on first.

AJ and Kai - Viennese Waltz - 9
They have such good chemistry as was pointed out. I thought this was quite a fast tempo and it wasn't really my cup of tea as a VW - I prefer more softness but I suppose the theme demanded otherwise. I thought there was great coverage of the floor and it was well acted.

Dan and Nadiya - Jive - 7
When they started the dance I thought it had shades of Scott Mills but actually despite not getting the Hallowe'en connection, I enjoyed it and found it entertaining without being cringey. Dan always surprises by having a really good stab at trying to get the technique of each dance and although this jive lacked bounce I thought it had plenty of content and for a tall man he did reasonably well.

Rhys and Nancy - Paso- Couldn't decide probably 8
It did irritate me the way that the judges were almost rewarding him simply for dancing the dance that he had been given to do instead of him going off at a tangent. That said, he had improved and you could tell that he was making a big effort tonight although the posture and shaping needed a lot of work. Thought that A nton and CRH made good comments. Pro dancers in tears don't really do it for me.

Sara and Alijaz - Couples Choice - 7
Alijaz had put together something that to me was a kind of Tango/Paso based American Smooth with the flavour of a Showdance but which Sara sadly couldn't quite pull off. I really didn't think it was the car crash that the judges made out. I agreed with A nton that the bits in hold were very good but the bits out of hold were not so good with the whole thing being too 'walky'. It just needed more natural flow to it. Felt sorry for them.

Rose and Gio-Tango - 9.5
Wow CRH giving a '10' at this stage in the contest - times are changing. However, there really wasn't anything to find fault with. I loved the head moves and it was a Tango that was a mix of attack and grace. Rose looked magical and I felt this routine had a good balance between the dance and the theme.

Tilly and Nikita - cha cha- 7
This was a bit of a strange routine and I didn't seem to be seeing the same thing as the judges. I found it very stop and start and there was just too much of Nikita and not enough of Tilly - although I loved his costume and make-up. There were some good step sequences, it was quirky and as a character dance it worked but as a cha cha it didn't quite work for me, despite the really good music.

Adam and Katya - Viennese Waltz - 7
He made a good effort this week. It was superb music and they covered the floor well. As a performance it worked well but the technique was not brilliant.

Judi and Graziano - Cha Cha - 6
I totally admire her for coming back and dancing after being ill with COVID. I thought this was a passable cha cha with no mistakes and she was on timing throughout, but I did not think it was worth the marks that were given.

Amy and Tom - Tango-8
I quite liked this and thought that it was a good effort - the content was all there but there were some weird issues with his feet and posture. I don't think the costume helped as his jerkin top was loose and it seemed to dwarf him.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:49 pm

I'll put my C raig Halloween mask on in the morning, but for now My first thoughts tonight were "What on earth has Strictly become? The family, Grandma, and dog videos and day trip family tours to Strictly studio with sausage roll and chips thrown in are totally doing my head in. Bad enough normally, but in Hallowinge week absolutely unbearable. I have children, grand children and even a couple of great grandchildren so I'm not a child hater, but there are limits...Do I watch C Beebies and Trumpton Town...?  

Tess rhyming out "My Darlings" at every opportunity is also gnashing of teeth fodder. It was Brucie's saying and should be left so. Does that woman own a dress that isn't ripped up to knicker elastic  line? Grrr..

Anyway, The whole Hallowinge show format needs consigning to the fawn coloured recycle bin (that's the one for paper by the way, the grey one is for costume rubbish ) but  I'll leave its destruction till the morrow. Night folks... lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

saxonsiren likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:45 am

Strictly Week Six  - yet another theme week - Halloween this time. Soon there'll be no weeks that aren't theme weeks.

Group dance – first time through – left me cold. Second time through – just the same.

John & Johannes - Quickstep
They were excellent, as usual.  It didn’t really grab me though.

AJ & Kae – Viennese Waltz
A beautiful dance. Certainly worth a 9, not sure about Motsi’s 10 though. They really work so well together. It’s a delight to watch them.

Dan & Nadiya  - Jive
What WAS that? They’re making that sideways move their own. They are getting better bit by bit. I’m finding their partership a real joy – they’re lovely people having a very good time. :Though they’ll be going soon, I’m not ready for them to go just yet.

Rhys & Nancy – Paso Doble
An excellent Paso Doble. In fact I wonder if that was the best of his set dances.

Sara & Aljaz – Couple’s Choice
Sorry – but unimpressed. It was not really centred on any point of view. It was a bit waffle-ly. Not great choreography either.

Rose & Giovanni - Tango
Just wonderful! Just wonderful! Their 40 was entirely deserved. I love the way Giovanni is so invested in this partnership. He’s had high marks before, but I don’t think he’s ever reacted to those scores the way he did with Rose. Teaching her must have been difficult in the beginning, but they’re getting it together more and more easily. She’s so on the ball, and a so bouncy. Training her must be a joy.

Tilly & Nikita - Jive
Great dance and very entertaining. It was a really wonderful routine with terrific choreography by Nikita. I too loved the green legs – the green everything actually.

Adam & Katya – Viennese Waltz
Dance was OK, but Katya’s imagination strikes again. Climbing out of that piano was an amazing idea.

Judi and Graziano – Cha Cha
They’re a great couple but it’s time for her to go now. She’s easily the weakest of the celebs.

Tom & Amy – Tango
Good but not wonderful. Certainly not nearly as good a tango as Rose and Giovanni gave us.

I've no idea who'll be in the bottom two this week. I hope it's Judi as it's her time to go.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:59 am

A strange evening. Here are my thoughts.

I liked several of the costumes but thought some contestants like Tilly and Sara lucked out.

Opening pro dance. Not my cup of tea I'm afraid. I wasn't sure of the theme. At least last year the theme was about becoming trapped within a circus. I kept thinking it resembled a final episode of Dr Who, where all the monsters ever invented suddenly appear in one show. I kept thinking of the children watching who might be afraid of clowns or Darth Vader. I didn't expect to see Hannibal Lecta on a prime time family show.

John - Quickstep. I enjoyed this. I don't think enough credit is being given for John to be taking it in turns with the professional every week to dance the leading and following roles. I remember Stacey doing it one week with Kevin and she was praised up to the sky and back. The posture for the follower is  completely different from the leader. I liked the costumes and the routine. I think they may have scored slightly higher if they hadn't gone first.
AJ - V.Waltz. I enjoyed the Medusa storyline and loved her outfit. A nice mix of being in hold and storytelling. I'm not sure about the 10 considering the amount of comments made of things for her to work on. This is one of the few dances where her long legs didn't look like they were skidding on ice. What was Claud up to telling Kai 'if you want to kiss her - now- come on Kai'. I liked how he side stepped the comment and kissed AJ's hand when the scores came in.
Dan - Jive. What has a lobster got to do with Halloween? What a stitch up - music and costume. Tess telling the judges that he wanted more than a 7 this week, then Motsi's sympathy 8 score. I would have scored a 6 I think. I felt sorry for him put in that situation.
Rhys - Paso. Lots of comments from the judges about things to work on then Motsi and Shirley both give him a 9 which I thought was OTT. I would have scored a 7 or 8. It sounds as if this week hasn't gone easy for him if he's been training from 9am-10pm. He doesn't seem as confident this week. Maybe the penny is dropping that each dance has it's own signature moves and he needs to attempt to show them. I'm not sure he's able to give up what he knows best (hip-hop).
Sara - Couple's Choice. I agreed with Shirley that Sara's expression was on her face, but not reflected through her body. She looked liked she was chewing a wasp all the way through. Again, I don't understand Motsi's 7. A shame. It's the first time I can remember Alijaz's choreography falling short.  I think she and Judi were the weakest tonight.
Rose - Tango. I loved this. Loved the dancing, the concept, the costumes, the music. Rose did a great job. Never seen Gio so emotional, his guy liner streaking down his face.
Tilly - Cha-Cha-Cha. I like her self deprecating humour. How come Nikita was dressed beautifully like a Versace version of Frankenstein and Tilly got lumbered with the Wicked Witch from Wizard of Oz with her green tights and red shoes. I liked the routine Nikita did for her. He's had a lot of stick from posters on the BBC site and the Dark Side regarding previous poor choreography but I like what he's created so far. I think she did a good job. I think I would have given her an 8.
Adam - V.Waltz. I was so disappointed with this. A beautiful piece of dreamy music wasted. I liked the idea of the ghost coming out of the piano but why did she have to be an aggressive banshee? Why not an ethereal spook that arrives, has a dance, then disappears again. She could have floated in through some enlarged music sheets props. It was all to aggressive for me. I would have scored a 7 I think.
Judi - Cha-cha-Cha. I agreed with Cr aig on this one although I probably would have given a 5 or 6. No time to rehearse. Recovering from co-vid and an horrendous costume that looked like a parody of Fame/Wonderwoman. Why couldn't they have a least changed her costume to fit the theme, even if it was a black tatty tracksuit. The bizarre black eye makeup falling down her cheeks made it look as though she was crying. She started off on the wrong foot which didn't help although An ton called it pleasing and Shirley mentioned her nice hip twist. Motsi's comments were as airy-fairy as usual saying Judi looked stronger on the dance floor?????? I would have scored a 6.
Tom - Tango. Well Tom got x3 7s and so did Judi, I rest my case regarding bizarre scoring. I thought this was a full on fast routine. His microphone got tangled up then came off toward the end, which must have thrown his concentration. I can see what An ton and Cr aig meant about some posture issues but I don't think they're as bad as some of the other contestants. I don't understand where this 'you can't smile whilst dancing a Tango' idea comes from. I would have thought you could manage to do a serious dance without having to look like an axe murderer. As Tom was dressed as a devil, I would have thought he would be entitled to have at least half a devilish smile.

I gave my votes to John, Rose and Tom again.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:21 am

An odd night last night and I found myself disagreeing with much of the judge's scoring and agreeing with An.ton and C.raig rather than the drooling always super impressed Motsi and Shirley.

John and Johannes (Quickstep): I wasn't sure about the start and hitting the dance floor was a little scrappy but it got better and better as the dance went on. Not his best nor his worst. An 8 from me.

AJ and Kai (Viennese Waltz): Quite liked the theme of the dance. May be wrong but right of start thought I saw gapping but this was danced very well and I loved the spin followed by the floor spin which she controlled beautifully. Good advice from An.ton to AJ. An 8.5 from me.

Dan and Katya (Jive): I feared for them when I saw their outfits but it helped get Dan into good character for the dance. Not a bad effort. A fun dance with good characterisation but needs to work on the kicks and flicks. A 7 from me.

Rhys and Nancy (Paso Doble): Well I spotted lots of errors. Poor posture/shaping right at the very start and lost balance at one point. As C.raig said he was not completing the Spanish lines. Had good moments like his leap but very bitty for me. Way overmarked by Motsi and Shirley - never worth a 9. A 7 from me.

Sara and Alijaz (Couples' Choice): I wasn't keen on this. She seemed very stiff at the start of the dance but it did improve as she had some good steps and characterisation. I did not like the theme though. Again An.ton's remarks were spot on. A 6.5 from me.

Rose and Giovanni (Tango): The dance of the night. She really sold this with great characterisation and steps. I couldn't really fault it but as its so early in the series I would have given 9 but cannot complain about full marks. Liked Giovanni's emotion.

Tilly and Nikita (Cha Cha Cha): This wasn't bad but I felt she looked awkward/stilted at times. Not her best and I feel there was big ego massaging going on here as means of support for the 'chubby' comment as I would have given this a 7. Overmarked and overly praised.

Adam and Katya (Viennese Waltz): Faffing at the start. A little too aggressive for my liking but he danced it pretty well. I wasn't keen on the theme though. A 7.5 from me.

Judi and Graziano (Cha Cha Cha): There wasn't much I liked about this. A horrible outfit for a start. She looked lost and awkward or as C.raig rightly said - stompy. Lacked rhythm and fluidity. A 5.5 from me.

Tom and Amy (Jive): I agreed with concensus of the judges here where it was not bad but he has danced better. It had one or two errors and kicks were scrappy at times. A 7 from me.

For me the dance-off could be between Judi and Rhys. Why Rhys? He lacks the public support.

We are getting a clear picture now of who the true contenders at present are. I'd say they are John and Johannes, AJ and Kai and Rose and Giovanni. In a group below that you have Rhys and Nancy, Tom and Amy and Tilly and Nikita who may bridge that gap. We then have the true dance novices of Dan, Adam and Sara striving for improvements to move into the contender category but have work to do and may not make it there before elimination. Judi I feel is staring at an exit this week.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:26 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:

We are getting a clear picture now of who the true contenders at present are. I'd say they are John and Johannes, AJ and Kai and Rose and Giovanni. In a group below that you have Rhys and Nancy, Tom and Amy and Tilly and Nikita who may bridge that gap. We then have the true dance novices of Dan, Adam and Sara striving for improvements to move into the contender category but have work to do and may not make it there before elimination. Judi I feel is staring at an exit this week.

I'll agree with your top three, as most will C.C. but for me, Tom has to be in there. Apart from his public support (yes,four lovely kids, but we all have them, so enough of that) his dances are tidy and for his tango, I totally agree with Housewives choice (who knows ballroom better than most) was fine and believe he was worth four 8's. At the risk of abuse, all the contestants, the pros and even the judges might benefit if they read the history of what the Tango is really about. It isn't about weird Les Dawson facial imitations or angry wife abusers, or a clockwork march-about, but an unfulfilled love story between a man and a woman. Passion, yes, even lust ( which is the Argentine description) but a passionate affair expressed in music and dance. Anyway....onwards...

I agree that Judi,Audi,Judo Love should go. Unfortunate for her and the Covid thing, but she's the least advanced in climbing the dance totem pole. Quite who joins her in the exit lotto I'm uncertain about, could be Rhys, Dan, Sara or Adam ( he's aeroplaning again)...the G.B.P juke-box jury will no doubt decide. AJ is so much improved she must be a serious contender, as is Tilly who had quite a clever routine from Nikita. The Two J's are focussed and impressively synchronised and must be real candidates for the ball of a thousand lies. I just hope they don't go all Gymnastic and leap about doing tear-jerking splits and stuff.

I've nothing more than that to offer, so..Quo Vadis...Very Happy
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 8 Empty Re: Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:09 pm

Just reading everyone's comments - we seem to be a bit divided about Tilly and Nikita's routine which is interesting. I couldn't put my finger on what I didn't quite like about it as I actually loved the music. I really enjoyed A nton's comments last night and I thought the band and particularly the singers did a cracking job.

Reflecting on last night, the whole show fell a bit flat for me for the first time this season. The Hallowe'en Theme is wearing a bit thin now as it has all been done before and some of the themes last night were tenuous to say the least - I know it has all been said about lobsters but same goes for War of the Worlds and Physical. Like others have said, I didn't really appreciate the opening n umber either. I feel that some of the couples are on a plateau now and that wonderful high standard start is slowing a little, which is inevitable.

I broadly agree with the emerging contenders - Rose, John and AJ. For me Tom is definitely up there too. I'm undecided about some of the others as to whether they will possibly 'take off' or not, but it is good to have so many possibilities.

So let's see whose time is up tonight.................

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 8 Empty Result's Show Halloween

Post  B4p Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:23 pm

Another classic tune to open the Results Show. I liked that - a twist on Joy to the World. I hope one year they'll use In the Hall of the Mountain King. Better still have a classical night instead of the Halloween theme which is wearing thin to say the least.

What's with all the pro floor spins this year?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:14 pm

And thus it came to pass.

Nobody likes to leave but the judge of their character and gracious acceptance can be seen when they do. Judi, Audi was earmarked for the vote tonight, and I confess Adam is frightening me with his persistent aeroplane arms. Somebody please tell him to curve them a little and be natural not like a Battle of Britain Spitfire.

I liked the balletic start to the opening pro number...and then it melded into nothingness. Shame.

Best thing about Halloween week is its disappearance. Goodbye.

Things will get tougher for everybody now and the title is there for the winning. Good luck all. santa

TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 8 Empty Re: Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread 2021

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:16 pm

Yes B4P lots of floor spins......I enjoyed the pro routine better tonight than last night.

Well it was a foregone conclusion with the DO - I think it was good however that Judi came back and didn't just fade out to COVID.  Such a lovely lady and great fun.

I was shocked to see Adam in the Dance Off.  I assumed that as an Olympian he would have a lot of public support.  Although the routine was a bit ragged round the edges I enjoyed it and enjoyed it all the more so on the second time round.  Ironically with the superb music I felt it was one of the more 'Hallowe'en like' routines of the night -  but there you go.    Despite Katya's clever choreography these two obviously aren't capturing the public's imagination - not sure there is much chemistry/charisma in a partnership that promised much - the next few weeks will tell.

Btw - I really liked Shirley's dress and hair in the Results Show........the hair style took years off her.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:37 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Yes B4P lots of floor spins......I enjoyed the pro routine better tonight than last night.Btw - I really liked Shirley's dress and hair in the Results Show........the hair style took years off her.
I agree mauve. I thought she looked more classy tonight.

Hopefully, being in the dance-off will give Adam a push. I don't think he's comfortable out of the water. I think he said in a training VT that he found it difficult to remember the routines and technical aspects.  I love that music, but to me it's floaty, and has a more 'will of the wisp' vibe to it. It would have been nice for Katya to take a softer role. I'm finding her choreography a bit 'me-me-me' and brash this year. I don't see why all the ghosts have to be scary ones. I remember someone did a Rumba a few years back and that was about a memory of a previous partner.
B4p
B4p

mauveangel09 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:59 pm

I agree about Katya this year B4p. I said to my daughter I have found Adam’s dances very hard.
Dan has more support than most it seems as does Sara.

I can only hope a bright spark comes up with an alternative to Halloween. Music of a decade or classical or music of come dancing!
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:41 am

On dance ability the right decision was made in the dance-off. One thing last night tells us is that Adam does not have massive public support so he will be under pressure next week. Also Rhys, of course, will be wary as he was surprisingly in the dance-off last week.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:38 am

We always get a shock dance off round about now don’t we? I’m predicting Adam and Rhys…..
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

saxonsiren likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:02 am

fiftynotout wrote:We always get a shock dance off round about now don’t we?  I’m predicting Adam and Rhys…..

I reckon you can add Dan to those two, Fifty. Rhys is possibly the best of the three, but as you say, we're due a "shock week" (Which I reckon is a producers gamble to boost viewers). Smile
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:11 pm

A Rhys & Adam dance off could be a possibility this week..We have had shock dance offs before and a couple doing well near the top in the dance off.
Possibly Tom Shocked !

Sara & Alijaz both have big fan bases so think be safe this week.
Rose goes from strength to Strength.
Not sure about Tilly just not appeared on my radar really.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:48 pm

One thing I've only just noticed is that the show opener's and show closer's dances always seem to be polished efforts and dance disaaaasters seem to crop up in the middle. I imagine this is because those that decide the order of the dances watch the rehearsals and that decides the order depending on how polished (or not) the couples look.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 8 Empty Re: Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:34 pm

You might be right CC but I think they do all have to take turns at being at least near the start and also near the end of the bill on each week. The order does seem to be rotated. I think it is better to be on near the end and not the beginning - at least until we get to the 'business end' of the contest (which is fast approaching I suppose) and it would be unfair if the same people were allowed to finish the show.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:15 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:One thing I've only just noticed is that the show opener's and show closer's dances always seem to be polished efforts and dance disaaaasters seem to crop up in the middle. I imagine this is because those that decide the order of the dances watch the rehearsals and that decides the order depending on how polished (or not) the couples look.

I think the order can also affect the marking in a cautious way, C.C.. Leaving that till everyone has danced would be fairer.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:52 am

mauveangel09 wrote: You might be right CC but I think they do all have to take turns at being at least near the start and also near the end of the bill on each week. The order does seem to be rotated.  I think it is better to be  on near the end and not the beginning - at least until we get to the 'business end' of the contest   (which is fast approaching I suppose) and it would be unfair if the same people were allowed to finish the show.

Well from this series we have had Week One:-

Opening Dance: Tom and Amy (Score 21) Closing Dance: Adam and Katya (Score 30)

WEEK TWO

Opening Dance: Rhys and Nancy (Score 30) Closing Dance: Tilly and Nikita (Score 34)

WEEK THREE

Opening Dance: Judi and Graziano (Score 24) Closing Dance: John and Johannes (Score 39)

WEEK FOUR

Opening Dance: Rose and Giovanni (Score 27) Closing Dance: Adam and Katya (Score 30)

WEEK FIVE

Opening Dance: Dan and Nadiya (Score 28) Closing Dance: Rhys and Nancy (Score 32)

WEEK SIX

Opening Dance: John and Johannes (Score 33) Closing Dance: Tom and Amy (Score 29)
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next