Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

+6
diamondsandpearls
TANGOLERO
CaledonianCraig
mauveangel09
jingle
B4p
10 posters

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 13 Empty Re: 2021 Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:31 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

I've always loved Ravel's Boloero,  Jingle (with Tango, it's where my site name comes from) and am full of admiration for Torville and Dean, but even that seems in need of a change of format. Maybe let the finalists choose their own music and choreography? Chris and Jane are yesterday's people and getting a bit beyond acrobatics on ice and are natural judges. Nothing lasts forever......sadly... Shocked

If Rachel Stevens and B rendan are going to be on it this year then yes please!!! Book me a front row seat... Very Happy Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 13 Empty Re: 2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:11 pm

Cynthia Erivo, a singer and actress comes in as a Judge in C raig's unfortunate absence. But what does she really know about ballroom dance to come in at such a late ( and critical) stage? A real indication that dance is less important than popularity and entertainment in "Strictly Come Dancing". . (Well, we've known that for a long time) Why not Karen Hardy or Erin Boag who actually know a great deal about it? ? Whilst the jury were assembling a crane arrived to put Motsis's gigantic wig on.

So, the Secret Seven..(soon to be Six go a dancing) then the Famous Five. Things are moving fast and tonight proved little I didn't know already. . Tom and Amy's barefoot balletic themed Couple's Choice was as far away from Tilly and Nikita's St Trinians dance in the same discipline as can be. How do you judge either, and more-so against a Viennese Waltz, Quickstep or Charlston? ?Again, our guest judge erred on the side of Caution for Tom with a 7 against 3 eights, , ( 31)whilst Tilly raked in four 10's...hmmm.

Dan's Charlston, I felt was badly treated with two sevens and only a real nit-picker would ignore a good enjoyable dance against "ankle articulation" or whatever errors that cost them four marks against said nit-picker head judge Shirley who gave him a 9.? Personally I thought he did real well. 7.7.9.8.31.

Rhys and Nancy I felt, spent far too long out of hold for a jive and the "loose feet" comments went over my head. 8.8.8.8 32..

A.J and Kai waltzed blissfully and elegantly through the snowflakes for a solid 9. 10.10.9. 38. Right up A nton's street.

John and Johannes chimney sweeping antics were decently done, but errors cost them. 8.8.8.8 32. I think their family jewels might be tied to a daisy on the cliff-edge unless the G.B.P. have some hiccups. (or mercy)

Rose and Gio produced a fairy-tale quickstep against some magnificent camera technology and made a big statement of intent for the final.

So, there you have it in short and more fun tomorrow. It's all a raffle. Slow, quick quick, slow..... afro lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 13 Empty Re: 2021 Tango's Little of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:42 pm

Had mixed feelings about tonight's show to be honest. I had high hopes and I loved the pros opener from 'Cabaret' which is one of my favourite films. I enjoyed most of the musical selections and dances- but I actually didn't really think anything warranted a '10' (I'll duck in case anyone is throwing things!) - for me there were a lot of '9's. If I was to pick dances of the night, for me it would be the beginning and end of the show - AJ and Dan. I suppose it is inevitable that given the high standard from the start that things will start getting very close now and I thought that this was the case tonight, in fact I think that most of the couples are on a plateau and the only one who I thought really improved on his own performance from last week was Dan.

I was a bit disappointed in the guest judge. Don't think she added very much and thought some of her marks were off - she also didn't get the memo that you don't give a '10' to someone who has made a mistake! The thing I disliked the most about tonight's show was the clear tactical scoring - the 4 tens given to Tilly were clearly a statement from the judges that if she ends up in the Dance Off she will be saved again. Dan and Tom seemed to be marked down - it seemed to be Tom's turn to get the inexplicable pasting from the judges!

AJ and Kai - Waltz - 9
A lovely waltz (there haven't been many of them this season) to a lovely track - I always start blubbing when I hear Edelweiss!! I really liked it but like B4P I'm not sure whether I really loved it.
I can't put my finger on why, because I wanted to love it. It was very graceful but I felt it could have been more expressive in parts. However I liked that it was mainly done in hold and it was classic. I would have given it a good '9'.

Rhys and Nancy - 7 - Jive
This suited his style and it definitely had great energy and performance - Nancy looked lovely. However, for me it deteriorated as it went along. He seemed to get carried away with the music and messed up. As always, there was too much side to side and not enough jive - I found it scrappy overall.

Tom and Amy - 8 - Couples Choice
I enjoyed this and didn't think the '7' was warranted or that he should have been below Rhys for what was quite a complex routine. Bad luck to get this. I'm not keen on Les Mis but this was better than I thought it was going to be. I thought the lift sequences were good and it was actually nice to see something different from Amy. All that blah blah from the judges about emotions and letting go - for God's sake it's not a therapy session! he did show emotion and it was a good performance, what more do they want? Not Tom it seems!!

Rose and Gio - 9 - Quick Step
Despite me not liking the music I thought they did a good job and Gio always choreographs something good. It seemed a very neat quickstep and I liked the footwork, I thought she coped particularly well with the changes of rhythm.

J and J - 9 Viennese Waltz
I really enjoyed this. There was just enough in hold for me and they covered the floor well I thought. This could have been a difficult dance for them as two males so I think it was a good choice of track for them and I forgave them the bits out of hold as it was in keeping with 'Musicals' week - but very much agree with the judges that they are on a plateau.

Tilly and Nikita - Couples Choice - 8
I might be out of kilter with everyone else (and definitely with the judges for sure) but this definitely
wasn't my cup of tea although I think these Couples Choices are so difficult because it is about people's opinions and it can't be judged the same as the other recognised dances. I don't know the musical either but Tilly did definitely get into character and her performance skills have increased. If I compare her to someone like Rhys, she has shown many sides and tackled all the different genres but for me it was some way off the perfect score!

Dan and Nadiya - Charleston - 9
I really didn't think he had this in him! I thought he nailed it. Very in keeping with the theme and some of those step sequences were complex - he didn't miss a beat and I thought he had improved his performance aspect as there was a lot more energy and life in him tonight. He has actually learned to dance and for me it was a lovely routine - his best yet and worth more than '7's.

I gave all my votes to Dan and to Tom - to whom I am not ready to say goodbye.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 13 Empty Re: 2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty'

Post  Twirlie Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:52 pm

Strictly Week Nine/ Musicals Week

Another enjoyable week. The worst of the couples have gone now, and the worst who are left are giving quite enjoyable performances.

AJ & Kai – Waltz – Sound of Music
A truly beautiful Waltz. She’s a great dancer.

Rhys & Nancy – Jive  - Footloose
Fast and furious but not for me.

Tom & Amy – Couple’s Choice – Les Mis
I thought this was a real disappointment – something and nothing.  Surely Tom must go soon.

Rose & Giovanni – Quickstep – Frozen
Another gorgeous dance from Rose and Giovanni. A shame about the slip, it would have been pretty perfect otherwise.

John & Johannes – Viennese Waltz – Mary Poppins
A very good performance. I wasn’t quite sure what the judges saw – I thought it was all right, not my favourite, but good enough even so.

Tilly & Nikita – Couple’s Choice – M0atilda
I absolutely couldn’t see 40’s worth in this dance. They were worth an 8 but no more I didn’t think. And there was no way she was as good as Nikita unless he was holding back quite a lot.

Dan & Nadiya – Charleston – Singing in the Rain
I can’t help it – I really enjoy these two. They’re not the best by any means but there’s something inherently joyful about their performance. Dan really has improved more than anyone else from the beginning. Good for him.

I enjoyed the opening Pro dance, although I think anyone who’d been in Cabaret in the West End would be very rude about it and think it pretty tame.  Not much Bob Fosse / sex-popping movement there. I suppose the time Strictly is broadcast had to be taken into account.

I love the comment about Motsi’s wig. Motsi’s wigs and outfits get more and more ridiculous as weeks go by. What does she think she looks llike????

My votes went to my favourites - Rose and AJ.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 13 Empty Re: 2021 Tango's Little bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:54 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:  Whilst the jury were assembling a crane arrived to put  Motsis's  gigantic wig on

lol!

I think she came by motorbike tonight.  Without a helmet on.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:05 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:

I think she came by motorbike tonight.  Without a helmet on.
Sometimes her hair reminds me of Marge Simpson
B4p
B4p

mauveangel09 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Moova 12 Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:37 am

The hair grew during the show!

Dan I was going go Dan ! I liked it and thought he did really well.
AJ and Rose beautiful

Tom so disappointed in this. Was so lacking in emotion.

Rhys and Tilly just frantic.
I had to look who else was on so chimney sweeps didn’t linger in my mind.

Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:26 am

Loved T.ess's dress, but the long sash belt on it was just as distracting as Motsi's expanding hairdo!  An enjoyable evening but it wasn't a vintage musicals night imo, and I do wonder if the theme has been well and truly done now. The opening dance was fine but it feels like we've seen versions of Cabaret so many times over the years, it felt a bit same old same old to me. New themes please for 2022. And I absolutely agree with whoever suggested that all the Couples Choices should be performed on the same night (get them over and done with, or better still, scrap them altogether).

AJ - gorgeous staging for a beautiful waltz. It looked like they were dancing as one person, lost in the moment. Loved the design of her dress too. As far as I remember, I think that's only the second waltz we've had this series, and it's week 9 already! I remember the days when week one was either waltz or cha cha.....really wish those days would return

Rhys - this was a bit of a disappointment, and I think the choreography made it just a bit too frantic. Wasn't my favourite but I gave him my votes as I think he's in a vulnerable position. Just wish he'd been given a ballroom after last weeks charleston

Tom - this did look a little detached and mechanistic, although think he was also slightly undermarked.

Rose - Thank goodness for Rose and her pragmatism. By this stage we'd had tears from AJ, tears from Nancy, tears from Tom and his sister, and tbh I was feeling quite manipulated by all the sniffles (sorry to sound like a meanie but I want to feel uplifted, not depressed)  So I appreciate when Rose turns to humour rather than tears in her interviews. Enjoyed their quickstep apart from the robot arms section (is that a nod to the film/musical? Can't remember)

John - Totally agree with A.nton, this routines are beginning to feel a bit safe to me. Think I 've said this before, but I find something quite repetitive about Johannes' choreography - I think John has the ability to try something more complex

Tilly - I'm truly baffled by the 40. Really didn't like the routine, and I felt she was slightly behind Nikita's timing in places. I would've given it an 8 at the most. Just bizarre.

Dan - Much better than I expected, although I still think he's the weakest dancer out of the remaining 7. If his popularity keeps him in then it looks like Tom and Rhys or John are in danger. I gave my votes to Rhys just in case.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:03 pm

Great comments all round and very little disagreement. Just to comment a little further :

Like others, I'm not sure where Motsi's at unless she thinks Strictly is a pantomime or intends to stand for Mayoreess of Wigan...? Weird..As whacky as getting an actress/singer, popular as she undoubtedly is, to judge a dance contest?

Not sure I always understand the thinking of the pros..A barefoot Zizi Jeanmaire balletic routine was hardly ever going to be up Tom's alley and had the impact of a Blackpool stick of candy floss. Hope somebody is a little kind in the votes as I feel he's trailing the field a bit now..Come on Amy, pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Dan, a real surprise and may have done himself a favour with his performance. The guy undoubtedly loves learning to dance. Credit to him for that.

Couple's choice or "Guess what part of Fame this is?" A bit like trying to judge a Shetland Pony in a Dog show. Hope the C.C isn't replacing a show dance for the finalists.

Twerkers. What a pity they didn't save their Pirate Paso for round about now. My wife still rattles on about it like it was Rudolf Nureyev meets Jack Sparrow. I'm dodging spoilers everywhere, but are these two safe?

Tilly's effort was beyond me and I feel she's wearing a few false feathers with a 40 mark...

Rhys.. Not mad keen on their jive, too much time out of hold for two rock and rollers jiving up a storm... a bit, "for the cameras"..

Rose and A.J are still looking strong and .... well, we;ll see what we see. Rock on... cheers
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:05 pm

I was away for a couple of days but caught the show in my hotel room. Here are my thoughts.....

AJ and Kai's waltz was the dance of the night for me. It all just blended together so well and the musical performance of Dave Arch and his singers really was epic. It left me spellbound watching it and they dance it really great Enchanting. Well worth a 9 at least.

Rhy's Jive well I just found it a bit too frenetic and frantic. Agreed with much of the judges here. A 7.5 from me.

Tom's Couples' Choice promised much and I felt he did quite a decent job and yes he never really let himself go but still a fair dance. An 8 from me.

Rose's Quickstep was danced very well but it never really got my juices flowing. Perhaps it was the premise or that I wasn't keen on the musical choice. Still very well danced. An 8.5 from me.

John's Waltz was entertaining but it had its flaws. His backside still sticks out and I agreed with An.ton it was all a bit safe. Still I liked it. An 8 from me.

Tilly's Couples Choice was the controversy of the night. Personally, I did not like it. Where is the artistry in watching two dancers slam school desk lids shut and stomp around in a hissy fit. That was how it appeared to me and I feel this was clearly the judges pandering to boost her after two consecutive dance-offs. No way was it worth four 10s - even Nikita knew that. A 7 from me.

Dan's Charleston was his best dance of the series and it was great to see him let himself go and be more expressive. It looked like he really enjoyed himself. Not sure if the music suited the dance though. An 8 from me.

Hobson's Choice who is in the dance-off. I feel it could be any five couples (barring Rose and A J). Oddly, if it is Dan's time to go it is a good dance for him to go out on.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 13 Empty Result Show

Post  B4p Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:11 pm

Well I'm sad to see Tom go, but as someone said, that particular scene was mostly about the female character leaving Tom very little to do. I felt it strange to see Tom trying to emote through the dance-off whilst Amy was smiling through it. It was a shame for him to fizzle out on that tune.

Rhys goes through. There was several times in the dance-off when he was ahead of Nancy and ahead of the beat, and a few times in the side by side out of synch. For a 90 second dance that adds up. It seems the powers that be are determined to see him in the final. Maybe next week it will be Rhys versus John. I wish Nancy would have put a bit of light and shade, stop/start moments in there so that he could be brought back on track. It was all a bit of a one speed, non stop Jive to me.

Why were the Professionals dancing to Wicked? Halloween was two weeks ago. It was strange to see Luba with black hair (not mentioning the green face) and Katya as a blonde. Doesn't seem that long ago that Frankie Bridge and Trent danced to that.

Not sure that the guest singer needed 6 backing singers, 3 guitarists, a drummer and a piano. It still didn't sound that lively. I must be getting old!
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:10 pm

I hope Johannes can get John to see an acting coach this week before he gets knocked out. He really seems paralysed by shyness. As the weeks go on, the pressure must be increasing for all of them.

I would like to see AJ with more facial expressions. She's either constantly beaming, or completely intense as in her A. Tango. She doesn't seem to have much variety. Her dancing ability is not in question, but it would be good to see her facial expression and performance skills increasing.

Who's have thought that Dan the man would have relaxed so much that he's starting to act the part? Tilly is also putting some acting in there.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 13 Empty Re; 2021 Tango's Little Bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:59 pm

That was the first dance off decision this year that I've not really agreed with. I felt Amy and Tom had drawn the short straw with their Couples Choice this week whilst others had more crowd pleasing n umbers which didn't bode well from the start for me (I can't remember anyone else going out on a Couples Choice!) I also felt that the judges were overly mean and almost clutching at straws with all that codswallop about 'letting go' and 'emoting' - he seemed to be doing fine to me. He was also marked lower than Rhys even though Rhys stuffed up.

I do think that it was a difficult dance off to judge - how can you judge between a contemporary/stage routine and a Jive? And I don't think Rhys made the level of mistakes that he made first time round. Even so - I felt A nton let the side down by not saving Tom - particularly as Shirley was going to do so!! Felt a bit gutted about that as it was a lost opportunity to be rid of Rhys.

As you have said B4P - what a shame that Tom had to fade out on that routine! I had such high hopes for him. Sad Sad Along with the over marking of Tilly, this weekend has left a bad taste in my mouth around the judging - oh well onwards and upwards.................

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 13 Empty Re: 2021 Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:04 pm

B4p wrote:I hope Johannes can get John to see an acting coach this week before he gets knocked out. He really seems paralysed by shyness. As the weeks go on, the pressure must be increasing for all of them.

I would like to see AJ with more facial expressions. She's either constantly beaming, or completely intense as in her A. Tango. She doesn't seem to have much variety. Her dancing ability is not in question, but it would be good to see her facial expression and performance skills increasing.

Who's have thought that Dan the man would have relaxed so much that he's starting to act the part? Tilly is also putting some acting in there.

I'm honestly not sure that most of them will improve much more now - it will just be a case of keeping up the consistency and getting good music choices. The problem with it starting off at such a high level this year has meant that there has been a gradual levelling down for me and I felt this week that most of them were on a plateau. I think the pressure and burn out is coming in as well - poor John. For me Dan has turned out to be one of the most resilient and also one of the best improvers. He definitely deserves his place for another week. I'm still hoping for the AJ, John and Rose final.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:15 pm

Shirley the diplomat? Well, her job as head judge is being done for her, so it's easy enough to be kind with nothing at stake. Tom was earmarked for the hay train by both the music choice and the Couples Choice fiasco. Okay, it was his turn as probably the weakest dancer left, but it would have been nice to see him go out in style to a decent dance rather than wafting about like a shirt on a washing line. Did Amy choose that one? Well done Tom anyway.

In the absence of C raig, Dan should make the final with A,J is my prediction as his popularity will probably see off Rhys, the J's and  "Tilly,Tilly lots of pepper, no salt please cos dad's a chef you see, ee,ee,ee,eeeehh." ( you might need to think about that one)..Very Happy
If C raig returns...well..."Give me some men who are stout-hearted men)

We'll never know who is second and third in the final after Rose gets the ball of a thousand selfies, because it's surely hers now, and deservedly so after her amazing performance in overcoming her deafness. Gio will probably be her hero for life after his part in it all.

I will say the eliminations have caused little or no controversy this year. That makes a change...Keep Dancing...lol!

Last edited by TANGOLERO on Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:14 am

mauveangel09 wrote:
That was the first dance off decision this year that I've not really agreed with.    I felt  Amy and Tom had drawn the short straw with their Couples Choice this week whilst others had more crowd pleasing n umbers which didn't bode well from the start for me  (I can't remember anyone else going out on a Couples Choice!) I also felt that the judges were overly mean and almost clutching at straws with all that codswallop about 'letting go' and 'emoting' - he seemed to be doing fine to me.  He was also marked lower than Rhys even though Rhys stuffed up.  

I do think that it was a difficult dance off to judge - how can you judge between a contemporary/stage routine and a Jive?  And I don't think Rhys made the level of mistakes that he made first time round.   Even so - I felt A nton let the side down by not saving Tom - particularly as  Shirley was going to do so!!  Felt a bit gutted about that as it was a lost opportunity to be rid of Rhys.

As you have said B4P - what a shame that Tom had to fade out on that routine!   I had such high hopes for him. Sad Sad      Along with the over marking of Tilly, this weekend has left a bad taste in my mouth around the judging - oh well onwards and upwards.................

I agree with your sentiment regards Rhys - I just find him so annoying.

On the dance-off, beforehand I was certain that Rhys would be saved and that is how it turned out. He's the flashier dancer and had the more eye-catching routine. I'd have saved Tom and allowed him to go on learner as Rhys seems to think he knows it all already and that might not be far from the truth either. Rolling Eyes

Well I am super-confident Rhys won't be winning. I can see no further than Rose now - nearest challenger being AJ.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:49 am

\"CaledonianCraig wrote: I can see no further than Rose now - nearest challenger being AJ.

I agree. My votes are now going to Rose. I hope John gets into the final but unfortunately he seems Frozen (scurries off singing 'let it go, let it go......'
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:29 pm

Oh dear, there's not much love here for Rhys! In his defence I still think he has more potential, but the opportunities to show it are slipping away. Think it was a big mistake by Nancy to opt for a frantic jive which was never going to match his charleston score. Might be controversial but I think both Rhys and John are being held back at the moment by their pro partners. Nancy has been too hyper, too emotional and I don't think her choreography has brought the best out in Rhys. I do think he may have fared better with Nadiya or Luba as a partner (on that point, Nadiya is fast becoming my favourite female pro, she really does know how to magnify her partner's strengths and cover up their weaknesses).
Although I love Johannes, and his partnership with John is wonderful and obviously genuine, I'm finding that his choreography over the past few weeks lacked complexity and diversity. I think John is capable of much more, and Johannes needs to take a few risks. Think A.nton did him a big favour by pointing that out on Saturday.

Hoping for Rose and AJ in the final, no idea who would join them.

jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

2021 Tango's 'Little bit of Honesty' - Page 13 Empty Re: Tango's Little Bit of Honesty

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:58 pm

jingle wrote:Oh dear, there's not much love here for Rhys! In his defence I still think he has more potential, but the opportunities to show it are slipping away. Think it was a big mistake by Nancy to opt for a frantic jive which was never going to match his charleston score. Might be controversial but I think both Rhys and John are being held back at the moment by their pro partners. Nancy has been too hyper, too emotional and I don't think her choreography has brought the best out in Rhys. I do think he may have fared better with Nadiya or Luba as a partner (on that point, Nadiya is fast becoming my favourite female pro, she really does know how to magnify her partner's strengths and cover up their weaknesses).
Although I love Johannes, and his partnership with John is wonderful and obviously genuine, I'm finding that his choreography over the past few weeks lacked complexity and diversity. I think John is capable of much more, and Johannes needs to take a few risks. Think A.nton did him a big favour by pointing that out on Saturday.

Hoping for Rose and AJ in the final, no idea who would join them.

As always Jingle - you make some great points here and I do concede that Rhys may have fared better with someone else - The celebs only dance what they are given, they don't have any other reference points, I know that we are always saying that and I should apply that to Rhys. I'm really not sure about Nancy as a teacher or choreographer - I just haven't taken to their partnership from the start and find it all very irritating. She just seems to have done routines that he can do each week - I think he might have done well with someone like Katya because whilst she would have appreciated his energy and would have done some of her really 'out there' choreography, at the same time I think she would have taught the frantic stuff out of him by now and got some more control which is what he needs - and her routines would certainly not have been samey!! I have to say though that if he gets yet another fast dance next weekend I will feel that something fishy is going on.................Mind you he must have nearly run out of all of the faster ones now!!

Just one last thing about Tom - I don't think they got any credit for all the lifts in their routine and the bit where he swung her round (like an Ice Dance move).

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:32 pm

mauveangel09 wrote: The celebs only dance what they are given, they don't have any other reference points, I know that we are always saying that and I should apply that to Rhys.   I'm really not sure about Nancy as a teacher or choreographer - I just haven't taken to their partnership from the start and find it all  very irritating.   She just seems to have done routines that he can do each week -  I think he might have done well with someone like Katya because whilst she would have appreciated his energy and would have done some of her really 'out there' choreography, at the same time I think she would have taught the frantic stuff out of him by now and got some more control which is what he needs - and her routines would certainly not have been samey!!     I have to say though that if he gets yet another fast dance next weekend I will feel that something fishy is going on.................Mind you he must have nearly run out of all of the faster ones now!!

Just one last thing about Tom - I don't think they got any credit for all the lifts in their routine and the bit where he swung her round  (like an Ice Dance move).  

I've updated the list of dances completed and put a list of potential dances still to do on the 'Dances Completed' thread.
B4p
B4p

mauveangel09 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:16 pm

Hello all. I caught saturday’s show but have been away since then. I found the result on the dark side and it looks like most of you concur. I guess it now comes down to personality, dance choices and judges quirks; frankly I think it’s good that it’s an open field and none of us can successfully predict who will be in the final let alone who will lift the glitterball. I’ll miss this week’s show too which is a shame but then again I am sitting on a beach listening to the waves lapping against the shore so there are some compensations…..
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:58 pm

fiftynotout wrote: I’ll miss this week’s show too which is a shame but then again I am sitting on a beach listening to the waves lapping against the shore so there are some compensations…..

They must have a TV set in Bognor surely? Wink Laughing
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:14 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:

They must have a TV set in Bognor surely? Wink Laughing

Laughing
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:38 pm

Where on earth is D & P? Must be working, hope she's all right and all's well...
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:43 pm

fiftynotout wrote:Hello all. I caught saturday’s show but have been away since then. I found the result on the dark side and it looks like most of you concur.  I guess it now comes down to personality, dance choices and judges quirks; frankly I think it’s good that it’s an open field and none of us can successfully predict who will be in the final let alone who will lift the glitterball.  I’ll miss this week’s show too which is a shame but then again I am sitting on a beach listening to the waves lapping against the shore so there are some compensations…..

And listening to Julio singing "When they begin the Beguine" as you drink your Sangria of course... Very Happy
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next