Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

+30
lualen
Poppetlovestango
Little Ms Hit
Littlebear
hatlady28
jingle
Maya53
fiftynotout
Pink Pinot Girl
Sofajudge
Lucielle
diamondsandpearls
B4p
133-230-44039-18180-800
sparklypink
Redcurrant
MissingLilia
mauveangel09
kate
gingercodgers
LOST-TANGO
David Tee
Sid
Mslightfoot
MrsArcanum
allsewnonbyhand
chris82
Sadiesamba
saxonsiren
Twirlie
34 posters

Page 29 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 29 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Post  MissingLilia Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:05 pm

I thought Karen's choreo corner had some good points, but oh, I do wish she and Zoe would get out of the 'lovefest, mwah mwah dahling' mode. They're both professional women, for goodness sake and don't need to do the 'luvvie' stuff each week (that's the moan of the night over).

Though I do envy them their shoes, every week... Zoe won the stiletto challenge tonight, methinks!

And I agree about Karen and Nicky... when the intro's were done I thought it noticeable how close Kimberley and Pasha sat next to one another and how much space there was between Karen and Nicky. But then I realised that must be due to Kim and Pash being squashed on one half of sofa with JM and Nicky/Karen had whole half to themselves!

He was a little more 'interactive' with Karen in the interview tonight .... funny, though, when you see the footage in the training room (e.g. the footie scene tonight) he seems much more relaxed with her than he does in the ITT studio.

MissingLilia
MissingLilia

Back to top Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 29 Empty Re: Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"

Post  Sid Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:06 pm

Even so Mr D, I think one of the rules should be that all couples have to pick at least one new dance. Or it seems a bit pointless!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:42 pm

Gah. Missed ITT tonight and can't catch up as laptop still broken!! Would have LOVED to hear Karen dissing Lisa's shabby footwork and gapping. I feel I have missed out.

Let's hope Ian has a go at them tomorrow!
Littlebear
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:43 pm

Sid wrote:I switch off as soon as JM appears. However, I'm pleased he picked Flavia's red dress as his favourite. I thought the hat she wore was dead cute too!
I was pleased he chose Flavia's dress. I'm utterly astounded at the number of crystals that go on a dress and don't they look beautiful close up. Are the crystals stuck on or sewn ? They have an army of people who do that. Now there's a job I wouldn't mind doing. Very Happy
Sid wrote:I'm liking Karen's honesty in Choreography Corner. Not toeing the party line.
I love her honesty too - that's what's so refreshing about her. Her comments did make me think twice about Louis's performance and she was siding with C raig on that one. Zoe's questions were quite probing and relevant tonight.
TANGOLERO wrote:Way I understood it Sid, they can choose as long as they don't do dances from the previous week or the next one. Might have got that wrong.
That's my understanding too. Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 29 T2722
MissingLilia wrote:He was a little more 'interactive' with Karen in the interview tonight ....
Yes, he definitely was but I frowned a bit when he shut her up rather abruptly when she said she felt as if she was dancing with a professional. He obviously doesn't like that kind of sentimentality.
MissingLilia wrote:..funny, though, when you see the footage in the training room (e.g. the footie scene tonight) he seems much more relaxed with her than he does in the ITT studio.
I have noticed that too. That's why I think part of his problem is down to nerves. Am just assuming, having been part of a group for so long, he's not used to being singled out and speaking for himself. Anyway, I loved seeing his AT again. It really was very good. Smile
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Lucille, many years ago I was showing a friend around a big costume house. We went through the room where the ladies did the hand beading, in their case it was sewing each on individually. One of them looked up at us and said:

""Don't ever learn how to do this"

I remember them saying that they glue the Strictly 'stones' on. Trust me as one who once made 750 cotton net flowers.....you really don't want to do the gluing job.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:16 pm

Not allsewnonbyhand then! Crying or Very sad Wink
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:27 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:Not allsewnonbyhand then! Crying or Very sad Wink
Clearly not. Laughing
Hatlady wrote:I remember them saying that they glue the Strictly 'stones' on. Trust me as one who once made 750 cotton net flowers.....you really don't want to do the gluing job.
But think of mingling with the strictly stars, watching them come and go for fitting sessions, the laughter and chat in the group... alternatively, the hundreds and hundreds of little stones, picking them up, the glue sticking to your fingers, the headache from squinting so long....OK Hatlady, point taken. Razz
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:46 am

If we ever get our wish to be VIP guests behind the scenes and on ITT, I fear that would be my job by default!! Wink
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:37 pm

Offical 4 couples for the final!! When Zoe said "We need You!" I thought yes the exiles for the FNP maybe noooo a dance we learn at home scratch mmmmm not videoing me falling over!! Very Happy. Lisa advised had little hiccups she advised tonight.Lisa advising the panel were gorgeous re comments!!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:38 pm

Four couple final? They'll still be dancing at midnight!

Bobby was looking particularly tasty tonight.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:07 pm

I can't remember at what stage the finalists do their showdance. Does it mean we'll see all four showdances?
sid wrote:Bobby was looking particularly tasty tonight.
....but such clompy boots for the pro challenge! I'd imagine pumps would be better.

Any predictions for the challenge? I'll go for Vincent (shorter legs and all that)
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:18 pm

Last year, Artem turned up properly dressed with actual dance shoes. Everyone else looked and dressed like a long day of rehearsing........oh and hey Artem won. I would say watch whoever turns up with a degree of formality, they are the most likely to win.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:34 pm

Vincent or Flavia for the challenge!! The showdance always in final however only 2 out of the 3 danced it as a couple used to be voted off leaving two.

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:54 am

Flavia also wore the right shoes last year (latin shoes) - I remember thinking the heels would hinder her - but didn't she come second? Or very near the top anyway?

Last two years they performed the show dance and one of the repeated dances before the voting so we saw all the show dances. What we missed was one of the newly-learned dances.
Littlebear
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  kate Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:33 pm

Sid wrote:Four couple final? They'll still be dancing at midnight!
Or doing less dances each??? Wonder if it'll be three each: one new dance, the showdance plus one repeat? Strange to be making an alteration this late in the day (TV PI still had the semi-final listed as a double-elimination a couple of days ago). I can't help feeling this is more 'rigging' of the competition for the sake of what the producers think we'll find entertaining. It's a fair and hard-fought dance competition that I enjoy. Neutral

I agree that Vincent's speedy feet could win him the pro challenge, but I'm not ruling out Artem on this one either.
kate
kate

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:18 pm

Enjoyed Russells stats re Celebs tonight.Erin did a cracking job with her celebrity challenge! Half watched the rest so cannot really cooment re other parts sorry

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:04 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Enjoyed Russells stats re Celebs tonight.Erin did a cracking job with her celebrity challenge! Half watched the rest so cannot really cooment re other parts sorry

Sax

Sorry Sax, but for me those sort of stats should be for anybody who want to a buy The ITT Christmas Annual (or something). It's just giving Russel G something to do whilst wearing his Gilbert O'Sullivan waistcoat that his auntie Hetty knitted him for Christmas in 1984 after she finished making a peg rug. The pro challenge was invented by somebody with nothing to do and Zoe spends far too much time explaining to the audience of four-year olds what everybody's saying. She talks so fast, if she wore dentures she'd choke herself. In between they try to fit a bit of dance in. The Gil girl's lovely smile just about made it bearable.

There, that's better. afro (might be the weather making me grumpy.) Wink
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:25 pm

I know it's just a bit of fun and filler but Russell's stats weren't very meaningful. Of course Pasha's going to have the highest average score - he hasn't had a duffer yet!

I like listening to Vicky talk frocks. I wish more time could have been spent with her instead.

I continue to like Denise & James more and more (despite myself!). They were funny tonight. And Shocked at Denise getting into that case!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  gingercodgers Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:49 pm

Sorry Sid but I feel like I am being force fed Denise and J.ames FUN!!!!!!!!!! partnership Suspect

I noticed she managed to tell us how difficult it all is again Sleep
gingercodgers
gingercodgers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:27 pm

I do know where you're coming from Ging, and there are times when their banter grates on me as well. I think it's more James I'm not keen on - Denise I like, and I think she genuinely struggled with the Salsa, just like the Cha Cha. Her hip action is not good.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Zoe Ball to present "Takes Two"  - Page 29 Empty Re Zoe Ball to present ITT 2012

Post  Poppetlovestango Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:51 pm

TV PI still had the semi-final listed as a double-elimination a couple of days ago). I can't help feeling this is more 'rigging' of the competition for the sake of what the producers think we'll find entertaining. It's a fair and hard-fought dance competition that I enjoy. Kate

Conspiracy theory
That this Saturday/Sunday there's so much confusion that the dance off is cancelled,
no-one goes home and then all 6 pairs do two dances for the semi's on the 15th
with a double elimination leaving the four finalists.

Saturdays show is short I presume because of the National Lottery awards show. Question
Poppetlovestango
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:02 pm

I missed James & DvO think I can blame my liking of ITT due to wooziness re anesthetic!! Recall Russell advising his last show!! Think Zoe needs to talk slowly & not repeat everything.

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:13 pm

Anesthetic sax?
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:42 am

Yes Sid! Went in as day case yesterday! I wanted to be in own bed last night! Not much sleep but least didn't have others around.On Tramadol my head feels its been kicked by a mule!!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:35 am

Sid wrote: - Denise I like, and I think she genuinely struggled with the Salsa, just like the Cha Cha. Her hip action is not good.

I think that because of her slim build Sid. Not a curvy type at all, sort of a female Michael Vaughan. Women normally have advantages in the hips area but Denise is just a little stick-like. A good looking attractive lady with good legs, but Venus she ain't. That's De Milo, not Williams, although, mind you ... Wink

But you're right anyway. In her ballroom it escapes attention, but latin takes no prisoners..
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next