Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It Takes Two - 2015

+11
vonee21
jingle
fiftynotout
Sid
TANGOLERO
cellar-door
MissingLilia
allsewnonbyhand
Moova 12
saxonsiren
B4p
15 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

It Takes Two - 2015 - Page 7 Empty Re: It Takes Two - 2015

Post  Sid Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:01 pm

Another vote for snake hips!

I'm surprised he didn't win. He was by far and away the winner on the Facebook page where they were running the poll as well.

K&K's Samba is looking exactly how I envisaged, mauve, eek! Kevin has a look in his eye, like he's got a point to prove.

I enjoyed Tristan and Pasha's chat too....although something tells me Tristan might not be invited back on the show next year. As you say mauve, he's a non-pretentious, very down-to-earth sort. I bet there aren't many of him in the world of dance. But his teaching and choreography might not be up to it.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:52 pm

Sid wrote:
Janette is the loveliest of pros but if I was a male cele, I'm not sure she'd be my first choice of teacher / choeographer.

I said pretty much the same thing to a friend of mine...

diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:06 am

Haven't seen any ITT yet this week (such a lot of catching up to do tomorrow on my day off!), but if I may be honest, and perhaps controversial, can I just say tha,t with the exception of Ramps and Harry Drummer Boy, I don't think the other male winners were as good as their female counterparts.

Colin Jackson would have been a worthy winner, but we all know what happened to him. Darren Gough and Chris Hollins were never the best dancers of their years and even Tom Chambers just came through on the night with a great showdance (I never warmed to him and I really couldn't tell you why - possibly it was more to do with Dallerup than him - she made my flesh creep (even though I'm sure she's really very lovely and kind and feeds lost puppies, helps old ladies across roads and is kindness personified to small children). And although Louis was ok, I don't think he was the one who should have won that year. I feel the same about Caroline last year.

I would say Harry Drummer Boy was my favourite male and Kara Hoity Toity (though she wasn't at all) my favourite female. With Colin Jackson and Rachel Stevens as my favourite should-have-wons...
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:01 am

Ramps just replied to a tweet I sent him earlier - I almost passed out!

diamonds - I never warmed to Camilla, she was a ghost-like figure floating around the the dancefloor. As for Tom Chambers, he never shut up about his bloody wedding and everytime he danced his face looked like there was a bad smell under his nose. It was very strange and off-putting - but also amusing! Also, I'll never forgive him for robbing Rachel and V.incent. EVER.

Harry Drummer Boy was the sort of boy you'd want to bring home to meet your mother. But as a dancer I found him very vacant and dull and he never found his Latin hips. I struggle to remember any of his performances (even the winners who weren't my favourites had at least one stand out performance). He was a safe but forgettable choice. Chelsee was full of verve and had the most endearing of relationships with 'Pash' - should've won!

I had similar problems with Louis Smith. Looked vacant when he danced. I never believed he truly fell in love with it. Not like Ramps or Goughie or Chris Hollins (as much as I detested the latter two).

It would be interesting to see who'd be voted favourite female celebrity winner. My money's on Saint Jill. But she was too polished for me. Alesha was pure joy - and a chameleon. Whatever dance she did, she captured it perfectly. And she and Matthew had that rare chemistry that made them so watchable. Kara would be my second choice. Her dancing was exquisite.

I try never to think about Abbey Clancey's win. Those were dark days from which I've never properly recovered.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:15 am

Do you know, I'd forgotten about Alesha - no idea why because I loved her - for all the reasons you said. Different quality to kara - kara as you say was v polished. Alesha was quite endearing and her and Matthews relationship as dance partners I found v touching. Hmm - tough call between the two.

I'm totally with you about not forgiving chambers for depriving Rachel and Vincent of their rightful glitter ball.

As for Saint jill - I've never got her. I found.her too mannered as a dancer. Never felt you really saw HER on the dance floor -it was just more acting roles for her. I truly believe if you ceel the music and the dance you don't need acting skills - the passion/romance/sexiness or whatever shines through. I just was never convinced jill really felt it - she just acted it. And I never got that jive - that pink shiny dress always puts me in mind of a pearly queen (before the buttons are put on) or a musical hall costume from the early 1900s. It never said jive and the dance never said joy or fun or rock n roll. I'm sure it was technically amazing but it always left me underwhelmed.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:12 am

Very well, you two, ( D&P and Sid) if this has to be, then so be it. Besmirching the name of the delectable Camilla is akin to treason and she and Tom Chambers rose to the occasion when it mattered and fully deserved their win. Jill Halfacrown also you have thrown lettuce leaves at, so not even a shared liking of Ramps can earn either of you forgiveness. Report behind the Cathedral at mid-day and 12-15 respectively and bring your swords. Some things are unforgivable. In reply, I do not like Alesha, she is in a class with the Hotel Inspector and Carol Voderman for me, so there, take that. Evil or Very Mad

lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:10 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:Very well, you two, ( D&P and Sid) if this has to be, then so be it. Besmirching the name of the delectable Camilla is akin to treason and she and Tom Chambers rose to the occasion when it mattered and fully deserved their win. Jill Halfacrown also you have thrown lettuce leaves at, so not even a shared liking of Ramps can earn either of you forgiveness. Report behind the Cathedral at mid-day and 12-15 respectively and bring your swords. Some things are unforgivable. In reply, I do not like Alesha, she is in a class with the Hotel Inspector and Carol Voderman for me, so there, take that. Evil or Very Mad

lol!  

Oh no! I have offended my revered Tango affraid if I do lots of grovelling penance will I be forgiven?

Or perhaps I should upon my own sword and be done with it....
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:17 pm

Well here I am Mr T, behind the Cathedral for our 12.15 rendezvous, and my sword's out. Hang on, why does this feel ruder than it should  Razz
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:45 pm

^ Sorry Sid and D&P, I forgot to say which cathedral. It had to be Notre Dame but unfortunately I missed the ferry so you can put the swords away, both. I'll settle for an armistice of a tripe mutual dislike of Peter's awful singing voice and "ever so umble" manner and Helen's Worzel Gummidge's Wife hair style.

Cool
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:46 pm

Oh drat I'd had the t-shirts printed too!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

It Takes Two - 2015 - Page 7 Empty Re:It Takes Two 2015

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:35 pm

Sid wrote:Ramps just replied to a tweet I sent him earlier - I almost passed out!

As for Tom Chambers, he never shut up about his bloody wedding and everytime he danced his face looked like there was a bad smell under his nose. It was very strange and off-putting - but also amusing! Also, I'll never forgive him for robbing Rachel and V.incent. EVER.

Harry Drummer Boy was the sort of boy you'd want to bring home to meet your mother. But as a dancer I found him very vacant and dull and he never found his Latin hips. I struggle to remember any of his performances (even the winners who weren't my favourites had at least one stand out performance). He was a safe but forgettable choice. Chelsee was full of verve and had the most endearing of relationships with 'Pash' - should've won!

I'll never forgive Tom Chambers for being in the final in the first place - if you remember it was the year they 'stuffed up' on the voting in the semi final and suddenly there were 4 in final and not 3 (for the first time) Being the avid Lisa supporter that I was, I remember it very clearly. It was also the year that things got really intense on the BBC boards.

Agree totally with your appraisal of Harry S id - I loved Chelsee but I also liked Jason and K ristina - against all the odds.

I really liked A lesha - but I think she had a bit of an easy ride as it was one of those years when the standard wasn't very high. To me - one of the great 'what ifs' of SCD is what would have happened if Kelly Brook hadn't had to pull out.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

It Takes Two - 2015 - Page 7 Empty Re: It Takes Two 2015

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:38 pm

............also meant to say that the Tom Chambers win really showed the power of the Show Dance and how it can make or break it.

Really enjoyed Il Divo tonight on the show.........

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:06 am

I enjoyed Tom Chambers and thought he deserved his win. I also loved Matt Baker and felt a what if? Ramps and Gough never clicked for me at all. Gough only won because of the "dolls". Alesha as a contestant I didn't bond with either. Jill halfpenny I liked and also enjoyed Abby.
I felt James Martin and Alex the singer had rough deals. Austin and Gabby had to early a bath. My unforgiving time J'S for walking out and bypassing the publics vote off. He thought he would go onto win it? Shocked a few delusions there Mr S.
I did like Rachel Stevens,Natalie Cassidy and Louise plus Kimberly Walsh could have been a winner.

Every series we have usually the Clown, the no hoper, the dark horse and the real J word star in between a few they did ok and entertained us.

Love to see Sue Perking and Mel on SCD not Paul thou. Richard Oman, Brian O'Driscoll, Marion Keys, Dawn French,Jennifer Saunders,Martin Johnson, Ian Hi slop and Paul Merton on SCD.

Mind you that's just my thoughts and I'm sure not everybody else's, so I'll slip back into the shadows with a long island tea
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:33 am

Another vote for Richard Osman here - I guess he'd get Natalie as a partner, they'd get on like a house of fire

Someone I've always fancied doing Strictly is the BBC economist Robert Peston. I can just imagine him all dressed in black doing a really intense paso.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:44 pm

saxonsiren wrote:  Tom Chambers Matt Baker, Ramps, Jill halfpenny, Austin, Kimberly Walsh

Got great pleasure from all those Sax, and Colin Jackson too. Generally, people who learned to dance without too much acrobatics and doing of things that others weren't physically capable of, ie triple falcos whilst diving off the balconies, multiple cartwheels whilst waving at their mothers, trampolining on their heads on a beach ball or robot crocodile floor polishing. In other words, just dancing well. All the best performances (for me) have looked like what it said on the tin. I hope that applies this time too. All the main ones left ( should all go as imagined) are capable of doing just that.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:02 pm

Wonder what people thought of Kellie's solo appearance on ITT tonight? I thought she came across as a tad arrogant when she was talking about L en's reaction to their dance last week - I think she was really only trying to say that they knew L en as a traditionalist might not like it but it came across as though she was dismissing his views as of no consequence and had him pegged as a fuddy duddy - bit unacceptable I thought and I have to say I thought to myself - 'you will care what he thinks about your routine next time you are in the DO dear!' Rolling Eyes

I was sorry to hear that Kevin is poorly - wish him well. Hope he can recover to give them enough training time - IMO they don't have the best of tracks this week and the QS is not a dance that you can 'fudge'.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:14 pm

Mentioning L.en I've been watching the programme with Ainsley getting L.en to try new food! Never realised he was such a plain food, egg and chips in Spain, no Chinese etc. Wow! He looked quite grumpy a lot 9f the times at the taster sessions.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:53 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Mentioning L.en I've been watching the programme with Ainsley getting L.en to try new food! Never realised he was such a plain food, egg and chips in Spain, no Chinese etc. Wow! He looked quite grumpy a lot 9f the times at the taster sessions.

One holiday we had in Benalmadena I had egg and chips and a cold bottle of San Miguel waiting everyday at a beach side cafe. It was run by Scousers mind, but I just love egg and chips. Very Happy
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:12 pm

I do like egg and chips! A treat for me when younger as my mom insisted on meat and two veg no chips! Tea at a friends house of egg and chips or a fish finger sandwich total heaven.
Wonder if L.en will seek out tapas or have Dim sun again?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:57 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:Wonder what people thought of Kellie's solo appearance on ITT tonight?   I thought she came across as a tad arrogant when she was talking about L en's  reaction to their dance last week and I have to say I thought to myself  - 'you will care what he thinks about your routine next time you are in the DO dear!' Rolling Eyes
Karma is a wonderful thing  Razz
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:58 pm

Well the phantom extra Pro dancers will be joining in at Blackpool. Let's hope they stay in the background, out of the way, especially on dances like the Charleston
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:28 pm

A couple of exceptions come to mind - Caroline and Pasha's Istanbul Charleston and Sophie's Quickstep with the waiters waiting to catch her at the end - where extra dancers added to a routine. But I think by and large they're extraneous (or in Jake's case, detrimental!) to the routine.

Must say, it's the first time this series I'm actually excited about the show and waiting in anticipation for Saturday's dances. Everyone looks good...and some look really good.

mauve - I didn't really notice Kevin's absence last night, Kellie usually out-talks him anyway! Anita's the same, Gleb barely gets a word in! I know what you mean about being slightly dismissive of L.en. But at the same time, I imagine it must be frustrating if couples are given a marmite theme (i.e. it's out of their control) and then one of the judges says it wasn't their cup of tea.

Helen's hair looked much better tonight.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:33 am

Sid wrote:

Helen's hair looked much better tonight.

Phew! That's the most important thing taken care of then.... I can now look forward to Blackpool, stress free ;-)
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:09 pm

diamondsandpearls wrote:

Phew! That's the most important thing taken care of then.... I can now look forward to Blackpool, stress free ;-)

Ha! I thought of you diamonds while I was appreciating Helen's new hair on ITT last night Very Happy
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:50 pm

Enjoyed ITT tonight with the Blackpool segments but thought the panel was pretty useless. I like Mel Giedroyc but felt she didn't really know her stuff (or was uncomfortable with expressing it - playing the classic BBC presenter) She will need to mug up on things a bit as she is host for the SCD Tour this year - as we learned tonight. Louise Redknapp was absolute rubbish - coming out with a lot of dross and inaccurate stuff and yet the others were hanging on her words! Lewis Smith actually came out with the best comments when he did actually speak!!!! Obviously not a fan of Uriah lol! The said person didn't look too good in the training clips - I'm sure he and Janette will put their own 'inevitable' spin on the jive - but I think he'll potentially be ripped to shreds by the j udges if he doesn't do better than what we saw tonight.

I think the majority of couples looked really good in the training clips and have great music so I think it will be tough to say good bye to whoever is going to go this week. Really looking forward to the A nita's paso but I still don't like G leb at all - his 'too cool for School' and 'I have not been to Blackpool before, it seems old' (why have you not been G leb?) attitudes are not endearing.

Really enjoyed the clips with the Cliftons and enjoyed Robin Windsor.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next