Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It Takes Two - 2015

+11
vonee21
jingle
fiftynotout
Sid
TANGOLERO
cellar-door
MissingLilia
allsewnonbyhand
Moova 12
saxonsiren
B4p
15 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

It Takes Two - 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: It Takes Two - 2015

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:03 am

Is it because she is Kev8n's sister! Basketball
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:03 pm

I'd like to see Friday night's hour long ITT spent mostly on the Friday Night Panel discussing the training clips and music choices. A perfect lead up to Saturday's show. I hope they don't start filling the hour with silly disjointed trivia/VT's/Quiz games or I'll be switching off.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:16 pm

B4p wrote:I'd like to see Friday night's hour long ITT spent mostly on the Friday Night Panel discussing the training clips and music choices. A perfect lead up to Saturday's show. I hope they don't start filling the hour with silly disjointed trivia/VT's/Quiz games or I'll be switching off.

I agree! The added half hour should be FNP time! More discussion from the panel,costume department and possibly a band member from Dave Arch
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:37 pm

Love tonight's (Tuesday, 6 Oct) ITT. Even Daniel, who looked a little expressionless, came alive in the studio during interview, and really seemed to enjoy the experience. I think the dance off has done Jamelia good in that whatever Tristan told him (the technique) she knows she can't blag her way through as the judges will slaughter her if she doesn't master them for the routine. With regards to Anthony, I am glad he's really trying and quite self-effacing. Oti is all levels of loveliness! Oh, we are so lucky to have her as one of the pros this series and I hope she stays!

Edit to add: So happy to know Karen was able to explain what exactly Helen needs to do to break her 'wooden' latin walk! She made it sound so simple! And I am glad she's praising Katie's Tango, which was one of the two favourite dances last Saturday (the other one was Jay's waltz, both of which I repeatedly watched). I can appreciate how difficult Gleb choreographed that Charleston, but when it's so difficult I felt Anita was just trying to execute physical acrobatic moves and not so much 'breather' to actually PERFORM her dance enough to give it a Charleston flavour...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:19 pm

Anthony & Oti have clicked really well haven't they? It's as if they've been friends for ages.

I don't know about Jamelia & Tristan. I wonder if she does his head in a bit. His smile doesn't seem to quite reach his eyes around her! Or I could just be imagining things.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:59 pm

I think Oti needs just to loosen up a little she seems so tense and cold?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:01 pm

Sid wrote:Anthony & Oti have clicked really well haven't they? It's as if they've been friends for ages.

I don't know about Jamelia & Tristan. I wonder if she does his head in a bit. His smile doesn't seem to quite reach his eyes around her! Or I could just be imagining things.

Yeah, he practically it serves them (i.e. them) right they are in the bottom two because they (i.e. she) needs a kick up the arse...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:41 am

Sid wrote:Anthony & Oti have clicked really well haven't they? It's as if they've been friends for ages.

I think Tristan is 100% nice guy. He was so encouraging to Jamelia before the dance off and then, on ITT, he says they now have an advantage because they have danced three times in front of a live audience and the others have only done twice. He's defo been taking his positivity pills (can I borrow him for half an hour a day to sit on my desk please?).
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:32 pm

Tristan I feel could have had an easier partner to deal with. I really wanted mouth all mighty Jamelia to be with Brendan. I'm sure he would have soon stamped a lot of attitude away!
Oti I have yet to warm too
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:39 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Tristan I feel could have had an easier partner to deal with.  I really wanted mouth all mighty Jamelia to be with Brendan. I'm sure he would have soon stamped a lot of attitude away!
Oti I have yet to warm too

So... if you want Jamelia to be with Brendan, then you would like to see Kirsty with Tristan?
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:06 pm

I'd prefer Kirsty with Tristan however I'd have liked Tristan to have picked Helen!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:11 pm

[quote="saxonsiren"]I'd prefer Kirsty with Tristan however  I'd have liked Tristan  to have picked Helen![/quote

Tristan and Helen will make a good (real life) couple!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

It Takes Two - 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: It Takes Two 2015

Post  mauveangel09 Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:06 pm

I really like Tristan - I felt we didn't see enough of him last year as he had an early bath. I also think he is being very encouraging to Jamelia and was very positive about the DO etc - but I too am wondering about whether the long term chemistry is really there. Tristan seems more easy going than some of the Pros so I also wonder whether he is a little laid back as a teacher? Some people respond better to the tougher approach - I wonder if Jamelia is one of them? I feel it could go either way for this couple now........a bit hard to fathom. I think the Salsa will be good for them - and to a cracking track as well! As Ian said, the dance is less about technique.

Anthony seems a really nice guy- not sure how he will progress, the footage we saw of the paso didn't look too promising tonight, but I'm sure he is winning fans as he seems uncomplicated and really wants to do well - ditto Jay - I'm sure their Pulp Fiction jive will go down very well but I think this will be more of a challenging dance for him - in terms of not making it balletic and giving it some character and 'welly'. Still its good to be challenged..... Wink I expect he will nail it.

I'm really enjoying ITT - even though I've not been too complimentary about him, Peter's paso looked excellent in the training footage tonight - I'm sure this dance will suit him. The shaping looked good. I thought the kids as the junior judges were hilarious tonight.

Last night I think Karen was really accurate when she said that A nita and Glebs Charleston was like a lindy hop jive in parts - as they played it back I could really see this and it made me realize what bothered me about it - good as it was for thrills, lifts and rhythm etc. I expect more of the same when they do their American Smooth this week - Gleb seems hot on the placing, lifts performance and visual stuff - but less on technique. She is yet to do one of classic ballroom dances.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:06 pm

fiftynotout wrote:

I think Tristan is 100% nice guy.  He was so encouraging to Jamelia before the dance off and then, on ITT, he says they now have an advantage because they have danced three times in front of a live audience and the others have only done twice.  He's defo been taking his positivity pills (can I borrow him for half an hour a day to sit on my desk please?).

Wait your turn, fifty Wink

I think he's a nice guy too. Which is why he smiles and encourages and says all the right things. But as mauve says, I'm not sure his partnership with Jamelia is quite clicking yet. The Salsa has a bit more freedom about it though, which should suit Jamelia - she has natural rhythm and plenty of sass. If they can do a decent job, it's something to build on. I'd like to see Tristan avoid the dance-off just once!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:15 am

I hope Tristan stays in a bit longer. I'd like to see how he'd choreograph the next few dances.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:00 pm

Thank goodness they have different past celebs to host the BTS on Friday. I forgot just how dapper Gethin looks. He and Penny never seem to age eh? Russell is still as irritating and self-indulgent as ever. Everything he somehow manages to point it back to himself. Duh...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:55 pm

cellar-door wrote:Thank goodness they have different past celebs to host the BTS on Friday. I forgot just how dapper Gethin looks. He and Penny never seem to age eh? Russell is still as irritating and self-indulgent as ever. Everything he somehow manages to point it back to himself. Duh...

Plus we had to endure Biggins and is cackle too! Gethin was better behind-the-scenes though.

I don't see what the point is of inviting guests onto the Friday Panel like Delta Goodrem who've clearly not been watching the show and have no idea who anyone is.

Kevin said he doesn't like generic dances, that he always likes to introduce a story or theme. And I think that's why I'm not always sold on his routines. What I suspect is 'generic' for Kevin is what I'd consider 'classic'. But his style fits in very well with Strictly in its current form - with all the props and gimmicks and theme nights etc.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:25 pm

Sid wrote:

Plus we had to endure Biggins and is cackle too! Gethin was better behind-the-scenes though.

I don't see what the point is of inviting guests onto the Friday Panel like Delta Goodrem who've clearly not been watching the show and have no idea who anyone is.

Kevin said he doesn't like generic dances, that he always likes to introduce a story or theme. And I think that's why I'm not always sold on his routines. What I suspect is 'generic' for Kevin is what I'd consider 'classic'. But his style fits in very well with Strictly in its current form - with all the props and gimmicks and theme nights etc.

To be fair, I think Kevin did attempt some classic routines, such as the Waltz with Suzanne, and jive with Frankie. I think he's very accomodating and that's why producers love him, and know that whatever they throw at him, he'll try to make it work somehow. But I agree, it's getting irritating last week when they cha-cha to a very unsuitable tune.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:26 am

Sid wrote:

Totally agree. Surely with a live audience it gives the chance for a member of the GBP to be on the panel rather than someone whose agent has managed to get them some free publicity? scratch
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:24 am

^ Couldn't agree more. Wembley, Wimbledon, the Open Championship, Twickenham, Ascot, the Grand National, Boxing and all the rest of big events are crammed full of so-called celebrities who are never normally seen anywhere near such events. Agents are the greediest scroungers around (not that their clients are much better). It all means that thousands of true afficinados and genuine supporters regularly get deprived of admission chances by the "rich and famous". Glad to say my hometown got its own back on one of them when that well-known mistress of everything and veteran of a hundred and forty seven breast implants, you know who, turned up at our local Asda for a signing session of he latest "blockbuster" book. She refused to appear because only 27 people showed up.. lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:50 am

TANGOLERO wrote:Glad to say my hometown got its own back on one of them when that well-known mistress of everything and veteran of a hundred and forty seven breast implants, you know who, turned up at our local Asda for a signing session of he latest "blockbuster" book. She refused to appear because only 27 people showed up.. lol!

lol!

Love it!

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

It Takes Two - 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: It Takes Two 2015

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:19 pm

Sid wrote:

Yes I would agree -  I put some comments about K evin and Kellie on the 'Honesty' thread in this vein -  Every time I see them I just think of the word 'kooky' for some reason - it is a certain style and it seems to suit the partners that they give him, although he did attempt some more 'classic stuff with Suzanna 'as CD says -  the 'West Side Story' dance with Frankie was one of my series favourites last year - but a lot of his stuff just doesn't do it for me,  he's a male pro who hasn't yet had to cope with a celeb of lesser dance ability - that will be a true test of his abilities, whenever that happens.............I should say though that I don't dislike him in any way.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  vonee21 Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:19 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:^ Couldn't agree more. Wembley, Wimbledon, the Open Championship, Twickenham, Ascot, the Grand National, Boxing and all the rest of big events are crammed full of so-called celebrities who are never normally seen anywhere near such events. Agents are the greediest scroungers around (not that their clients are much better). It all means that thousands of true afficinados and genuine supporters regularly get deprived of admission chances by the "rich and famous". Glad to say my hometown got its own back on one of them when that well-known mistress of everything and veteran of a hundred and forty seven breast implants, you know who, turned up at our local Asda for a signing session of he latest "blockbuster" book. She refused to appear because only 27 people showed up.. lol!

Can't think who you mean, Mr T...lol
vonee21
vonee21

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:30 pm

Was it mmm Thingimijig? Her with the lips?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:53 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:
Yes I would agree -  I put some comments about K evin and Kellie on the 'Honesty' thread in this vein -  Every time I see them I just think of the word 'kooky' for some reason - it is a certain style and it seems to suit the partners that they give him, although he did attempt some more 'classic stuff with Suzanna 'as CD says -  the 'West Side Story' dance with Frankie was one of my series favourites last year - but a lot of his stuff just doesn't do it for me,  he's a male pro who hasn't yet had to cope with a celeb of lesser dance ability - that will be a true test of his abilities, whenever that happens.............I should say though that I don't dislike him in any way.

No me neither mauve, he's a nice guy but there's a goofiness about his routines - which can sometimes be fun - but is appealing less and less to me. Doesn't really do elegant and understated. I've noticed he's kinda stuck on the 50s and 60s as well!
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next