Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCD 2019 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread

+7
Moova 12
CaledonianCraig
fiftynotout
mauveangel09
diamondsandpearls
TANGOLERO
B4p
11 posters

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

SCD 2019 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: SCD 2019 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread

Post  diamondsandpearls Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:26 pm

jingle wrote:

Nor me Moova. Having waited for Neil to be on the show for years now, I think he's been a bit over-shadowed by the wonderful Johannes (who's become my favourite pro by a mile).

I'm probably alone in wishing this, but I'd like to see Graziano given another chance. I do think he had an unwilling partner in Vick Hope. He catches my eye in the group dances, I just think it's a shame he's in the background.

You know what Jingle... I think I agree! I would like A nton gone, Gorka reinstated and maybe Graziano subbed for Neil.

It's a shame about Neil. Not just his knee injury, but in general. As you say, we all wanted him to be given a partner but he didn't seem to get the best out of Alex. Now Alex seems to be getting the best out of herself which seems to have clicked in due to the adversity that she faced with having to dance with another partner
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

SCD 2019 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: SCD 2019 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread

Post  Moova 12 Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:47 pm

I agree too!
Moova 12
Moova 12

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:54 pm

Well we all have our own favourites. My current favourite pro dancers are:- Alijaz, An ton, Giovanni, Johannes and Kevin from the men. The best of the women being Oti, Janette and Karen.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:55 pm

Emma B and Housewives choice out of favour for some reason? I thought there was very little, in fact nothing wrong with a decent dance.
I know somebody has to go, and An ton  isn't one of the pin-up boys except, with as his nickname implies, housewives, but he a fine dancer and teacherand Emma is no worse than a couple of others. Fair's fair. ....I think

Wife's in hospital and I was late to the show from visiting. Back later when I've a done a bit more watching.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:09 pm

Well, tonight's show was what I was expecting in week 5 - proper, no nonsense dances danced to music which didn't fight against the dances so that we could really see who is coming along nicely and who is falling behind.

Standout for me was Karim. Amy was back to just getting on and choreographing a routine packed with the basics. Too much red, and there was a bit of gapping here and there, but otherwise it was stupendous and I enjoyed it immensely.

Next in line were Michelle and Kelvin. I was a bit disappinted by both of them. I thought that Michelle would be all haughty flamenco queen, but herbody shaping was just not there. Her arms and hands were, and her fottwork ws great, but she never had that chest out, bum out imperious body shaping required. Someone blamed 'too much going on in the costume' - but she was wearing the same as Gio and I could see his shaping fine... Kelvin is so much more enoyable to watch doing ballroom than when he is being all thrusty in latin. But even I noticed he had too much rise and fall going on, Oti's lop-sided dress was distrating me and I didn't get the emotion that everyone else seemed to be feeling. None the less, both of these were classy dances which I enjoyed.

Next up is Alex, who seems to have suddenly bounded on board the bus for a nice Strictly J word. She seems to have woken up and got stronger and more determined and getting into the musicality and performance aspect of it. It's as though she has been sleepwalking through all the dances whilst Neil was around and then now that he is injured she has woken up and is putting all her energy in. Anyway, I enjoyed this dance (though choreography was quite tame), and I enjoyed her red dress very much indeed.

The two Emmas next. The Viscountess still dances far too daintily. She was clearly having fun and enjoying it but she just doesn't drive into the floor with her feet - it's all very polite, placed and well mannered. And Emma B promises so much and then never delivers... She looked outstanding in the fringe and blue sparkly dress, she has endless legs and then... She didn't settle into her hips at all and didn't have that fluidity that they are calling 'ooze' this year. Someone mentioned it on the ITT thread, and I have said it before, but they are not a comfortable partnership. They spat and bicker on ITT (and yes, that is usually a sign of good-natured banter and a real bond, but their's seem to have an uncomfortable undercurrent) and A nton is turbo chuntering at the judges when they are trying to give constructive feedback, whilst Emma looks like she just wants to be swallowed up by the floor (I still wonder whether what Shirly was trying to explain was news to Emma, because, lets face it, A nton is the death knell to any latin dance and the rumba is especially tricky).

Saffron belongs in the same category as the two Emmas (but she isn't an Emma, so...). There was too much going on in this salsa and itwas done at lightening speed. Saffron just goes for it, but at the expense of technique. She was really stompy and tiring at the end of it. AJ was giving it his all and so that contrasted too much with Saffron's clumpy footwork. Also, I was very peturbed, as was much of the Strictly Twitterati, as to what happened to her sparkly knickers... She was wearing big black gym knickers again and they didn't look nice with her shiny skirt. Did she upset Vicky who threw them in the bin in a fit of pique?

And so to the lads... Chris had a whale of a time. I loved that his VT was just 'Everything was hunkydory (although I had acne)' rather than piling on the sob. I didn't like the tune or the routine, but with Couples Choice it's kind of 'who cares'? It's their get out of jail card and the key is to do it to a tune they like and can dance their socks off to. So in that sense the boy done good and enjoyed his enjoyment (though I hated the sparkly bucket hats). Mike... *sigh*. It wasn't his worst dance by any means, but it wasn't great either and so overscored as to raise eyebrows. He was undoubtedly worse than Emma B, yet the score didn't that. I, along with many others, feel manipulated by the producers to vote for him so he won't be in the dance off and will live to see another day.

But I also forsee two Emmas in the dance off, and considering Emma B scored lower and A nton was giving Shirley what for, I feel she is in the greatest danger unless she suddenly finds her timing and settles into her hips. Samba v Rumba is fairly evenly matched in terms of they are two horrors...

We shall see!
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

SCD 2019 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: SCD Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:35 pm

I was happily enjoying the show and broadly agreeing with the judges comments until the last two dances! So  Emma and A nton’s rumba wasn’t a classic by any means but in my opinion neither was it the disaster that the judges made it out to be – then out came Mike with a decidedly ploddy Charleston  along with some obvious wobbles and mistakes  (pointed out by the judges as well) and he goes and gets better marks and some quite good marks to boot – if I’d have been Emma I would have been incensed as I was   (and I’ve liked Mike so far) and I switched all my planned votes for Michelle and Gio over to Emma and A nton as a protest…………………………..  Is it me or are the girls getting a harder time than the boys from the judges this year?  

No stand out dance again for me tonight but enjoyed Michelle and Gio.  Karim did not annoy me for once and the award for most improved dancer for me goes to Alex.  

Karim and Amy – 9
Great start to the show – bit of a random theme but it worked with the music.  Bit of faffing around at the start and at times I felt he was a bit ahead of the beat but overall a great performance and I enjoyed it.  I agreed with CRH that it was clean and precise and they had obviously worked on technique this week.   Was it ‘elegant’ as described by B runo? – not particularly.  Was it ‘ the best QS ever seen’ as described by Shirley – Nah!    Not worth ‘10’s but  4 ‘9’s would have been about right for me.

Michelle and Giovanni – 9
I was a bit thrown at first by the costume and have to say that I was thoroughly relieved when the skirt was ripped off and I could see what she was doing.   I really liked the choreography and all the paso content – she is always on it with the timing. The trousers somewhat detracted from the steps she was doing but I did enjoy it. I was with B runo when he said that the whole thing was a bit staccato and could have been more ‘stretched’.       I don’t think we have seen a stand out paso yet this series………

Emma and Alijaz – 7
Felt this was always going to be challenging for her but she gave it a good go and produced a good basic samba in terms of samba content and steps but she didn’t take it to the next level and achieve any sort of bounce – it was quite careful but I do think her timing is very good, her performance is so much improved and they always dance ‘tightly’ together.  To me it was a nice happy routine but feel she may have reached her ceiling and might get ‘lost in the crowd’ tonight.

Kelvin and Oti – 8
Felt this was ok but nothing outstanding.   I did find it refreshing that they didn’t use any props or a ‘set’ – just the dance floor and lights.  He seemed to find this a more challenging dance and that really was a dodgy fleckrl in the middle – agreed with judges comments on this one and would have liked to have seen more rotation and a smoother purer Viennese waltz.

Saffron and AJ – 6.5
Question: why do they persist in always making AJ’s partners into ‘little girls’ and how many more American high school themes is he going to get???     I loved their ‘New York New York’ Foxtrot because it was so unlike AJ’s normal stuff – but I really disliked this salsa routine which for me had nothing of the character of salsa – and was to all intents and purposes a disco routine.  Can’t blame the music as it was quite good and for the second week running she had a most unflattering costume – big knickers again and shades of something your Mum would make you for a school show.

Alex and Kevin – 8
I liked this and felt it was well delivered.  Alex has so grown in confidence. she is really improving now and definitely overtaking some of the other girls. I don't feel it is anything to do with Kevin -  every year there is someone in SCD who survives some decidedly dodgy weeks early on, by virtue of having a fan base and then is lucky enough to get a run of good music and dances that suit them at just the right time in the contest which enables them to ‘take off’ and be propelled into the next stage.  This year that person is Alex.

Karen and Chris – 8
This was always going to be  a crowd pleaser -  I liked his timing and the way that they remained in sync throughout. It suited him, It was entertaining and I don’t think he will be going anywhere soon.

Emma and A nton – 7
I think the judges comments and marks were harsh.  It was on par with Michelle and Gio’s rumba but not as good as the one that Catherine and Johannes  did.  It was to me a decent rumba and I think they had tried to do what the judges asked and get more connection and feeling – possibly at the expense of content.

Mike and Katya – 6
I was obviously not looking at the same dance at the judges!   Yes it was fun and couldn’t fail to be with that music.  Mike always gives it his best but I feel this was the weakest dance tonight.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:03 pm

Well, I don’t know what to think. I don't know what programme I've been watching. Certainly a different programme from that watched by the judges tonight.

I’m probably going to disagree with lots of you tonight. Sorry.

So obviously, Karim was easily the best of the night, which I think everyone has more or less agreed with. Amy has really done well by him.

As to the rest, every time I thought someone was quite good, the judges thought they were rubbish and every time. I though they were rubbish they thought they were good.

Michelle – not my favourite but I thought she did her Paso Doble very well indeed. Much better than the judges’ comments led me to believe, but then the judges scored her higher than they’d led me to believe their critiques warranted.

Emma W whom I do like (probably just because she’s pretty and looks amazing in a leotard), I thought had made up a little ground this week and was quite good – not magnificent you understand, but quite good. No, no. Not very good at all said the judges. Pretty rubbish in fact if you believe their scores.

Kelvin and Oti. Now I’m a huge fan of these two but I thought this was a bit tedious and was definitely one of Kelvin’s weakest dances to date. How wrong am I? I know nothing it seems because the judges loved it. I didn’t see it.

Saffron and AJ. Here again I thought “This girl’s just getting better and better and better. This is really good.” Oh no said the judges. Pretty rubbish. Get your act together. Third from the bottom and BELOW Mike and Katya.

Alex and Kevin – OK this was super and the judges were willing to give her the marks to show her how well she’s done. I was happy with this result

Chris and Karen. What?  What? 34? For that rubbish? What in the devil are the judges thinking? 24 would have been more like it, and that would have been generous.

Emma B and An/ton. OK this made me really angry. I know I’m no expert on pretty much anything, far less the Rumba, but I thought this was beautiful and certainly by no means embarrassing the way that so many of the celebs are. I could see that An/ton was angry too and I’m not surprised. 22 was derisory and unwarranted.

Mike and Katya. I’m absolutely disgusted. 30 for that Charleston! It was goofy as we’ve all come to expect from both the Charleston and from Katya, but good grief. He went so obviously wrong so many times. It’s scandalous that Shirley and 8runo gave him 8s. it’s scandalous that Cra.ig gave him a 7 really.

It seems that the judges have decided that the two Emmas should be in the Dance Off this week and that Mike should hang around for another week. Why? He’s absolutely rubbish. (I know, I know, it’s my word of the week but I feel so strongly about it all I don’t care.) For the very first time I’ve wondered if some of this is predetermined by the production team after watching rehearsals.

Karim, Michelle and Alex were fairly judged tonight. The rest was…  can you guess it? Rubbish!

Last edited by Twirlie on Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:09 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Well we all have our own favourites. My current favourite pro dancers are:- Alijaz, An ton, Giovanni, Johannes and Kevin from the men. The best of the women being Oti, Janette and Karen.

Snap!
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:11 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

Wife's in hospital and I was late to the show from visiting. Back later when I've a done a bit more watching.

Hope all's well soon TANGOLERO.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

SCD 2019 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: SCD 2019 Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:21 pm

Twirlie wrote:
Emma B and An/ton. OK this made me really angry. I know I’m no expert on pretty much anything, far less the Rumba, but I thought this was beautiful and certainly by no means embarrassing the way that so many of the celebs are. I could see that An/ton was angry too and I’m not surprised. 22 was derisory and unwarranted.

Mike and Katya. I’m absolutely disgusted. 30 for that Charleston! It was goofy as we’ve all come to expect from both the Charleston and from Katya, but good grief. He went so obviously wrong so many times. It’s scandalous that Shirley and 8runo gave him 8s. it’s scandalous that Cra.ig gave him a 7 really.

It seems that the judges have decided that the two Emmas should be in the Dance Off this week and that Mike should hang around for another week. Why? He’s absolutely rubbish. (I know, I know, it’s my word of the week but I feel so strongly about it all I don’t care.) For the very first time I’ve wondered if some of this is predetermined by the production team after watching rehearsals.

I don't know why you think you are out of kilter with what others think? This is pretty much what I think but you've just said it more robustly! I was so annoyed at the end that I picked up the phone and voted for Emma B and A nton.

BTW - does anyone else think that A nton's exchange with Shirley was reminiscent of her exchanges with B rendan Cole a few years back? We all know how that ended. I always want to like Shirley but I feel that she favours the male contestants.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  Twirlie Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:50 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:

I don't know why you think you are out of kilter with what others think [Twirlie]?  This is pretty much what I think but you've just said it more robustly!   I was so annoyed at the end that I picked up the phone and voted for Emma B and A nton.

BTW - does anyone else think that A nton's exchange with Shirley was reminiscent of her exchanges with B rendan Cole a few years back?  We all know how that ended.      I always want to like Shirley but I feel that she favours the male contestants.

I thought I must be out of kilter with everyone else because my reaction was so Rebust and you so delicately put it. Like you mauveangel09, I used all my votes for Emma B and Housewives choice. I didn't pick up the phone, though I was tempted to.

An/ton has always been pretty good about replying to the judges. He's always been very good natured. It really takes something to rattle him like that. It made me wonder just for a moment if he'll decide that though he loves the show, he's just had enough. Who knows.
Twirlie
Twirlie

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:00 am

Twirlie wrote:

Hope all's well soon TANGOLERO.
Thanks Twirlie, a hip replacement, so just a matter of time and patience. As for A nton, time waits for no man and for me he's following L en G to the end of a great competitive dance career. He still has so much to offer outside that and that's the reason I wanted him hosting the show or at least on the judges' panel. He's no longer enough of the glamour boy "hunk" that younger women want and older ones drool over their cocoa and chocolate teacakes about. Was it Rudolf Valentino that said, "I am merely the canvas that women paint their dreams on!" ...and he's long gone... lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:05 am

“Fix” my husband shouted when C.raig produced a 7 for Mike’s dance disarrrrster. “Fix” he shouted again when Shirley and B.runo both gave him an 8. How did they manage to keep straight faces?  A travesty I say, grrrrr!

In leaderboard order:-

1st - Karim & Amy - well executed and thoroughly deserving of top spot (so far, so good).

2nd= - Michelle & Giovanni - I didn’t like the two matador style, prefer to see the lady as the bull or the cape.  Feel she is running out of stamina (understandable).

2nd= - Kelvin & Oti - I didn’t like the Incredible Hulk top line and wasn’t much impressed by the dance either.

2nd= - Chris & Karen - cheesy but I actually enjoyed it far more than the other two in 2nd place.

5th - Alex & Nevin- she’s on a clear j word and I love it. Bravo I say.

6th - Mike & Katya - full of mistakes, rubbish swivel action and hugely overmarked. Sulky face.

7th - Saffron & AJ - was slightly distracted by the lack of sparkly knickers but thought she coped really well with a difficult routine.  All the steps in all the right order, slightly lacking on technique.  Better than Mike by a country mile.

8th - posh Emma & Aljaz - again, all the right steps in all the right order and her performance is improving.  Undermarked.

9th - east end Emma & A.nton - beautiful dress, beautiful interpretation of A.nton’s choreography, don’t punish her for his shortcomings!  Grossly undermarked.

Now, as three couples tied on 2nd place, all scoring 8 points, this means that last place secures 3 points (and Mike gets 6) which means the result will be seriously skewed.  Could be anybody in the dance off (probably only Karim is safe). I understand there was some vitriol against Mike on social media last week, I didn’t see it but I’m afraid I’ll be joining in this week if he gets through.  Sadly, unless he’s in the dance off against Karim, Michelle, Kelvin, Chris or Alex, he probably will get through.

FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:12 am

We can all shout fix for various things though.

I'd like an explanation as to how C.raig labels Chris's dance 'sickening' and then pulls an 8 out? Eh??

I'd like an explanation as to why judges spot clear error in Kelvin's dance (and in some cases two errors) yet he gets two nines and two eights?

I'd like an explanation as to why Shirley always seems so bitchy towards attractive female celebs.

I like Emma W but if people watch it again they'll see why it was down-marked. As music started she walks over and delivers a drink and finally starts dancing about 20 seconds into the dance and when she did it had the pace of a waltz not a samba.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:57 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:We can all shout fix for various things though.

I'd like an explanation as to how C.raig labels Chris's dance 'sickening' and then pulls an 8 out? Eh??

I think he was being "down wid da kids", C.C. (Sick (not sickening) is an expression of approval...innit... lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:43 am

In a real world (anybody remember one?) now is about the time for some sorting out to occur. Mike and A.N.Other in the dance off. "Other" could be one of a few including miss "big knickers" for me as, without a rational explanation ( ask me not why?) other than personal choice, I've adopted the forum favourite "agin" towards her. Ideally, I think Mike has just run his race and the natural order should bid him a fond and "well done", farewell, but G.B.P ( plus a Strictly studio full of silly, screamers ) will probably see it otherwise.(Chris Hollins?) For me, based on dance skills, Karim and the Kelvin fella are sure fire for the final (a definite N.S.S. statement, obviously) with any female earning a place from now on. The rest is que sera...
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:46 pm

Great reviews everyone, seems the judges are causing quite a level of discontent among us, myself included. Can’t believe we’re half way through already. The show is half an hour shorter than the early days, and I felt the absence of Will last night meant that the post-dance interviews were a little more prolonged than usual. At this half way stage I can only really see the two top boys as certain finalists (unless they’re ever in a DO together) and I've no idea (or preference) of who the third finalist would be. Anyhow, a few thoughts on last night…

Karim  Really good polished technique, I enjoyed this, although like Diamonds says there was too much dazzling red in the outfits. I felt a bit disappointed that Amy (or the powers that be) didn’t leave his quickstep until Blackpool, as the studio floor felt a little too cramped for the distance travelled.

Michelle  Not her best, all a bit stompy I felt, although the repetitive beat of the music only added to this.  Thought she was a tad overmarked tbh

Emma W  - I really detested the music for this, it wasn’t upbeat enough for a samba. Emma is still being too neat and proper I feel, so she's more suited to ballroom

Kelvin – Quite liked the quirkiness of the routine, but I thought his rear end was sticking out a mile. Like others have said, I really don’t like the way Kelvin is being objectified by the judges, it’s all a little dated and uncomfortable

Saffron – The first question Zoe or Rylan must ask her on ITT, what happened to the sparkly undies? I didn’t particularly like the salsa choreography but felt the judges a bit harsh in their comments

Alex – CRH’s comments about her flourishing since the change of partner…ouch for Neil!

Chris – A rather messy routine, really didn’t like the outfits and especially the hats. But at least the VT was tongue-in-cheek to some extent. I think his personality should win him enough votes for a few more weeks

Emma B – what odd choreography, it looked quite jerky and at times a little aggressive from A.nton, like he was pulling and pushing her through the routine. Not my cup of tea, but on the other hand what is Shirley’s problem with either Emma or A.nton? I always find it awkward when Shirley gets nasty, because she comes across as a scary headmistress

Mike – oh,  Sad I’ve just re-watched Pasha and Kimberleys perfect charleston to the same music  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5ueCT9p8gM
  It feels like the Mike and Katya version brought nothing new, and he made so many mistakes that I was expecting him to be savaged by the judges. Odd, very odd - feels like the BBC are selling him as Ed Balls or Chris Hollins, but he's neither  

No idea who’ll be in the dance off, but ideally Mike against someone higher up the leaderboard.
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:04 pm

jingle wrote:

Emma B – what odd choreography, it looked quite jerky and at times a little aggressive from A.nton, like he was pulling and pushing her through the routine. Not my cup of tea, but on the other hand what is Shirley’s problem with either Emma or A.nton? I always find it awkward when Shirley gets nasty, because she comes across as a scary headmistress

There's a distinct touch of "I am a professional you know" about Shirley, and she's more than a little sort of.."full of herself". Just my opinion. I also disagree with her on many occasions, not that that will win any coconuts... lol!
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:57 pm

Unbelievable!

Gobsmacked!

Words fail me....
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

SCD 2019 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: SCD 2019 Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:10 pm

A complete travesty......………...need to collect myself before saying before Crying or Very sad

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:27 pm

fiftynotout wrote:Unbelievable!

Gobsmacked!

Words fail me....

Come on Fifty, no real shock and horror; Plus Ca Change. It's Strictly after all. Mike was entertainment, Her Ladyship wasn't quite wild enough on the night, more girl from Ipswich then Ipanema. Had she taken the pro's role and vamped it up a bit more she may not even have been in there. Personally, I'd have had Brenda Black Bloomers out before either, maybe even the Mascara Matadora, but the Bubble Bath format, sprint versus egg and spoon race and hurdles versus High jump will always screw things up. In this case it was Harlequin v Cinderella and she won't be going to the ball.  

A nton and Emma got a totally deserved break, so that's a plus..
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:45 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

Come on Fifty, no real shock and horror; Plus Ca Change. It's Strictly after all. Mike was entertainment, Her Ladyship wasn't quite wild enough on the night, more girl from Ipswich then Ipanema. Had she taken the pro's role and vamped it up a bit more she may not even have been in there. Personally, I'd have had Brenda Black Bloomers out before either, maybe even the Mascara Matadora, but the Bubble Bath format, sprint versus egg and spoon race and hurdles versus High jump will always screw things up. In this case it was Harlequin v Cinderella and she won't be going to the ball.  

Yes, we cheered when Emma B got through. Some consolation I suppose.
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:20 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:

Post of the weekend for me. cheers

Mike lacks the talent of every other celeb but he always gives it his all. Emma W and Catherine last week never really let their hair down and their inhibitions did it for them. Emma B will go the same way I fear.

If you watch her samba she did not start dancing until 20 seconds in after a stint as a barmaid. The dance needs flamboyance and she lacks that and it did for her.

No worries folks you will get your way and Mike will be gone soon. Can't see him hanging around as long as Ed 'I can only do Gangnam' Balls.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

SCD 2019 Tango's 'Little Bit Of Honesty' Thread - Page 12 Empty RE SCD 2019 Tango's Little Bit of Honesty Thread

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:04 pm

Sadly I think Emma W may have missed out on the votes as people were so incensed about the treatment of Emma B and A nton that they threw them all their votes - myself included. I did think last night that Emma W might be a bit forgotten as it wasn't a brilliant routine and the music was very forgettable...………..but...…………...for me I'll say it again, Mike came out and did a ploddy Charleston with easy choreography - I still felt that Emma W was the better dancer. The public clearly don't want Mike to stay as he constantly ends up in the dance off - the judges seem to have different ideas with their false high scores and DO saves - I find it all quite bizarre as it is the pole opposite of what they usually do by saving the good dancers. I would love to know what they see in Mike, that the GBP doesn't. I've looked at lots of other sites today and my work whats app group and I've never seen people so unanimous in their views. As Tango said previously - Mike has run his race for most of us.

Overall I don't think the judges covered themselves in glory this weekend with the scoring - particularly Shirley. Yes her qualifications as a judge are undisputed but that doesn't mean to say that there are others who are just as knowledgeable and who could do the job (after all, its hardly a world championship competition is it?) she does herself no favours by drooling over the men and delivering comments that could be constructive in the right way but that come across very wrong. I can't remember who said in their post that the judge who seems to have been the fairest and most constructive to all the couples this year is B runo - who woudld have thought it? I agree with this.

So the girls seem to be going down like flies...………….for me I've decided that I'm with Michelle and Gio all the way now. Very Happy

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:01 pm

Twirlie wrote: For the very first time I’ve wondered if some of this is predetermined by the production team after watching rehearsals.

I think a lot of people are thinking that Twirlie. It's a new producer this year, so maybe they are puppeteering behind the scenes to shape it the way the want in their first series. And if that isn't the case, then they are doing an excellent impression of doing so.

I have no idea why anyone (producers or viewers) would want to keep Mike in over better dancers like Dev and Catherine. Most people aren't finding Mike entertaining in the least and are spitting feathers that he is consistently over-scored. His 30 for that Charleston versus 22 for Emma's Rumba is a travesty. I don't like the rumba, never have, didn't like this one, and thought that there were faults in it for sure, but a round of 7s would have been fair. Mike's Charleston would have been lucky to get a round of 6s if anyone else presented that.

The thing is, that everyone is now spotting the chronic overmarking and suspecting string-pulling. It is too obvious.

Anyway, I now want Alex to win (which is where I started from in Week 1...) Karim, Michelle, and Kelvin all very good but not incredible like Ashley or Danny and not going on the j word, so now Alex has had her breakthrough she can be this year's Stacey.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next