Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here's my news ....

+18
Little Ms Hit
salsarae
Redcurrant
hatlady28
fiftynotout
Sid
BallroomBlitzzzzz
saxonsiren
MissingLilia
Cadiva
Littlebear
kate
allsewnonbyhand
chris82
Lucielle
B4p
jingle
TompsHB
22 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Here's my news .... - Page 4 Empty Re: Here's my news ....

Post  chris82 Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:56 pm

TompsHB wrote:Liam is a lovely name Chris ... living in Ireland I know a few of them !

Boys have finally been transferred to our local hospital, so no more 80 mile round trip every day. Best news is that grandparents are allowed to visit for an hour every evening Very Happy They are so tiny, so I dread to think of what they were like 3.5 weeks ago when they were born.

My daughter is driving again so she can now come and go as she pleases. Just can't wait for them to come home, but they have to get an established feeding pattern from a bottle first. I would say it will be another few weeks yet.

Thats great news Tomps that the boys are now local and you are able to visit. 80 mile round trip sounds like it must have been a real nightmare so relief all round especially for your daughter. Hope their feeding routine gets established quickly and that the next few weeks pass quickly and they are soon safely home.
chris82
chris82

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:57 pm

Embarassed
this is what comes of trying to be too clever and using my phone to access t'inernet!!
Sax- see message for you!!!! Wink
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:38 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote: Embarassed
this is what comes of trying to be too clever and using my phone to access t'inernet!!

Thank you so much for the tips had been looking at a friday dare
however shall compare mid week!

Castles are very dear!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  chris82 Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:34 am

saxonsiren wrote:
allsewnonbyhand wrote: Embarassed

Thank you so much for the tips had been looking at a friday dare
however shall compare mid week!

Castles are very dear!

Sax

You could always opt for the bouncy type I suppose Very Happy
chris82
chris82

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:16 pm

Very Happy
Lol have this image of a huge chapel bouncy castle, boing do you take this,
bounce bounce woman.Poor vicar,groom,bride be green!
Now what about if you dropped the ring be a nightmare everyone trying
to pick it up. How do you sign the certificate whilst bouncing.
lol ty you made me smile when i felt a bit low xx

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TompsHB Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:39 am

My grandsons are finally out of their incubators and into cots :-)

It was rather strange seeing them in proper clothes tonight. Both continue to put on weight, Elijah is up to 4lb 13 oz and Jude is 4lb 3 oz. All we need is for them to be taking every feed from a bottle and they can come home.

That's when the fun really starts.
TompsHB
TompsHB

Back to top Go down

Post  chris82 Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:01 am

Brilliant news Tomps, lets hope its not too long now before they are home. Smile
chris82
chris82

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:38 am

Fantastic news! One step closer to home for Elijah & Jude!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TompsHB Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:09 pm

Just popping in to say that the boys finally came home from hospital last Friday. They are adorable and I am so proud of my daughter for coping so well with a stressful pregnancy and having to wait almost 6 weeks before taking them home.

Both are feeding well from a bottle and Elijah is almost 6lb and Jude is almost 5lb Very Happy

I am one happy Nanna.
TompsHB
TompsHB

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:40 am

Oh that's marvellous news Tomps! cheers I'm so happy for you all, non-stop cuddles all the way now. I love you
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  chris82 Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:56 am

Tomps wonderful news, thats brilliant and arent they doing well with their weight gains. So glad you can now be a hands on Nanna Very Happy
chris82
chris82

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Mon May 07, 2012 10:03 pm

New with me well joined a wonderful book club review on here! Great to have different views & all share opinions.
Due for back surgery in May & hopefully more flexible & less pain

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Mon May 07, 2012 10:42 pm

saxonsiren wrote:Due for back surgery in May & hopefully more flexible & less pain Sax
Good luck, Sax, hope it all goes well. Smile
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue May 08, 2012 11:46 am

Thank you Very Happy Lucielle! Im in two minds re the procedure.

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Tue May 15, 2012 9:58 pm

Shhh, very quietly, in the off-season while no one is really watching, I wanted to post a warning:

I have joined the little-knowledge- is-a-dangerous-thing brigade. .............ballroom dancing classes at an Arthur Murray studio near me; part of my recovery from the illness. Not really fit enough for the fast Latin dances I focus mostly on foxtrot, waltz and rumba. My teacher is encouraging me to do tango, both modern and Argentine. I'm dreadful at remembering the steps. The one thing that I'm good at is ........following. This is to warn you all that I'm bound to be obnoxious this autumn and I will need to be slapped down on a regular basis. Thank you.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucielle Tue May 15, 2012 11:04 pm

Hi Hatlady - how lovely to see you - so glad you popped in to keep us company.

We will heed your warning but I expect your input will be as interesting and valued as ever. Sorry to learn you've been ill, btw, and hope you are now fully recovered. By the sounds of it, come the Autumn you will be doing the latin dances as well. I'm feeling quite envious. Wink
Lucielle
Lucielle

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Tue May 15, 2012 11:40 pm

hatlady28 wrote:Shhh, very quietly, in the off-season while no one is really watching, I wanted to post a warning:

I have joined the little-knowledge- is-a-dangerous-thing brigade. .............ballroom dancing classes at an Arthur Murray studio near me; part of my recovery from the illness. Not really fit enough for the fast Latin dances I focus mostly on foxtrot, waltz and rumba. My teacher is encouraging me to do tango, both modern and Argentine. I'm dreadful at remembering the steps. The one thing that I'm good at is ........following. This is to warn you all that I'm bound to be obnoxious this autumn and I will need to be slapped down on a regular basis. Thank you.

lol!

Great news Hatlady, and I hope it speeds up your recovery.

Hope you've got a tasty partner for the rumba!!
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  TompsHB Wed May 16, 2012 2:06 am

My twin grandsons are now almost 4 months old and completely adorable. Because they were 9 weeks early they are slightly behind in their development, but are progressing well.

Elijah is very placid, loves to eat and sleep and not much else. Jude is a fiery little man and rather angry at times, he certainly makes his feelings known !

I never realised how fascinating twins are to complete strangers. We parked at M&S last week and it took us almost 20 minutes to get from the parking space to inside the shop .... The amount of people who ask if they are twins is staggering. My daughter says she is going to start telling people that no, they are just mates !!

If you are around Chris, please do pop back into the glamorous granny thread and tell me how you grandson is doing.
TompsHB
TompsHB

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Wed May 16, 2012 6:16 am

Hatlady, how lovely to hear from you, sorry to hear that you've been unwell, but you seem to have found a brilliant way back to recovery Wink
You will be even more insightful come September!
Tomps, I'm so pleased to hear that your lovely grandsons are doing well, you are obviously totally smitten I love you I bet they adore you too! We have a lot of twins in my area, we are a bit of a twins hotspot and they are totally fascinating,especially from my perspective of child development.

Isn't it nice when some old friends drop in in the close season? We ought to do some sort of countdown to the new series....where's Kate when we need her?!

My poor youngest allsewn is suffering from a broken heart since Monday night, bless him, the pain of first love and all that. Is it wrong for me to take a tiny bit of pleasure from the fact the my normally(of late) grunting taciturn boy still needed his mum in crisis and actually spoke in sentences to her? My gorgeous boy is still in there somewhere, just waiting for hormones to set him free hopefully
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Wed May 16, 2012 6:51 am

All-sewn, A key clue for the future young ladies in your son's life is his relationship with you. That he came to you with his broken heart is A VERY GOOD SIGN. It means here is a very nice young man. Don't, for goodness sake, say such an uncool thing to him right this minute. I say it as a long term comfort to you.

hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed May 16, 2012 11:14 am

Shocked

Looks round and nods quietly ok warning taken on board! The slapping is that to
be done with a wet kipper or ballet pump! Embarassed Razz

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  TompsHB Wed May 16, 2012 1:20 pm

Wise words from Hatlady ..... as always.

It's awful when your children get their hearts broken. It happened to my eldest once and it certainly toughened her up. I have taught them both that men may come and go, but what matters is family and friends.

Your son has just learnt a very valuable lesson in life and it speaks volumes that he came to you for comfort and help.
TompsHB
TompsHB

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Wed May 16, 2012 5:27 pm

Sax,

Ballet pump please...
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Wed May 16, 2012 8:58 pm

Thank you for your kind words Hatlady and Tomps. He certainly did learn the importance of his friends as they rallied round.(Of the female variety obviously, I don't think it was discussed with the 'mates')
He really will make some lucky young lady a good husband one day, but then I am slightly biased. Rolling Eyes

Youth is definitely wasted on the young. If only we could put our old heads on their young shoulders but then again, I firmly believe that wisdom is not easily gained, and some things you just have to find out the hard way.
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  chris82 Sun May 20, 2012 5:05 pm

TompsHB wrote:My twin grandsons are now almost 4 months old and completely adorable. Because they were 9 weeks early they are slightly behind in their development, but are progressing well.

Elijah is very placid, loves to eat and sleep and not much else. Jude is a fiery little man and rather angry at times, he certainly makes his feelings known !

I never realised how fascinating twins are to complete strangers. We parked at M&S last week and it took us almost 20 minutes to get from the parking space to inside the shop .... The amount of people who ask if they are twins is staggering. My daughter says she is going to start telling people that no, they are just mates !!

If you are around Chris, please do pop back into the glamorous granny thread and tell me how you grandson is doing.

Hi Tomps, pleased to hear your grandsons are doing well, which one takes after you in temperament Very Happy

Liam is doing really well thanks, he is four and half months old now and is very the devils work. We will be going out to see them in September and cant wait to get my hands on him again Very Happy

Edit - damn, forgot this site and its way with words Very Happy change devils work to he smiles a lot Very Happy
chris82
chris82

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next