Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show

+12
mauveangel09
saxonsiren
lualen
Poppetlovestango
CaledonianCraig
allsewnonbyhand
Wallflower
diamondsandpearls
TANGOLERO
fiftynotout
B4p
hatlady28
16 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show - Page 9 Empty Re: SCD 2014 Main & Result Show

Post  B4p Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:17 pm

cellar-door wrote:Two dances next week, eh? Do the remaining couples have two more dances left to learn or do they have more than two left and so could choose to avoid a dance they are weak in?
If you check the 'what dance this week' thread, there should be a list of dances that the celebs have yet to do. If she had stayed, Pixie would have done the Salsa and the American Smooth. If she'd have been in the dance off next week, she could choose her strongest of those two dances to do again. I think that's how it used to work but I might be wrong
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:36 pm

On an absolute classic of blunderabilty; Tess having Simon make his goodbye speech before he'd even danced. Talk about finesse; she has all the tact of a lump hammer. Not a fan at best but that was crass. Evil or Very Mad
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:37 pm

B4p wrote:If you check the 'what dance this week' thread, there should be a list of dances that the celebs have yet to do. If she had stayed, Pixie would have done the Salsa and the American Smooth. If she'd have been in the dance off next week, she could choose her strongest of those two dances to do again. I think that's how it used to work but I might be wrong

I'll go check now...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:05 pm

Even though I am not a fan of Pixie I was shocked she was in the dance off. Although Frankie and Kevin had a bad week in the main dance, I felt they clawed it back in the Walzathon, and for my money should have been placed ever so slightly above Pixie and Dixie. I was also cross Simon was in the dance off - he did solidly in both his own dance and in the Waltathon.

No, for me, the people who should have been in the dance off were Jake and Mark. Both their main dances had flashes of really good stuff, but they didn't sustain it all the way through for me. Mark's Foxtrot was more like a Foxtrot AS - there was an awful lot out of hold (but extra points for Karen's amazingly beautiful dress - I want...!). And Jake's Charleston had a lot of gurning and a lot of tricks but not as much actual charlestoning as I would have liked. And both their walzes were weaker than the others.

I confess I really wanted Mark to go. Not a fan...

So, when Pixie and Simon was in the dance off I felt that, though in theory a level playing field as they had the same score for their dances, in reality Pixie would walk it (with maybe a token judge saving Simon) because clearly the judges love her, and in fairness, overall she is the better dancer (if only because she has been dancing since she was 3. Or something.) So I was literally gobsmacked (yep - my hand actually came up to my mouth and slapped it, such was my shock) when The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman saved Simon. I personally thought it was a close call for the final dances, and wouldn't wanted to have been in their shoes. I think I would have clinched it by noting that Simon was genuinely enjoying the dancing for the sake of it (it clearly thought he was going home), whereas Pixie was performing for her life - I would have therefore given it to Simon for that genuineness (though I am fair enough to know that Pixie also genuinely loves it, but she oversells it a bit for me).

Also, I am biased.... Wink
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:17 pm

You're right diamonds....I can see that Simon has slowly fallen in love with dance. It's written all over his face. He exudes a joy which I find both uplifting and endearing. I'm just sad the wider audience aren't feeling it as much and put him in that position again. He can't win I don't think, which is a shame.

I confess I looked up the result last night but I was still quite stunned by it and felt very sorry for Pixie tonight. She must have been shell-shocked herself but managed to give a lovely, heartfelt and gracious goodbye speech. It was the right decision based on this weekend's dances (although I feel dance-off decisions aren't consistent; sometimes they judge on what they see, other times past form / future potential comes into play). Also, Pixie's probably been the strongest contestant all series but ran into her weakest dance at the wrong time...can't help but feel a slight injustice about that.

Personally I'd have had Mark and Frankie in the bottom two this week.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:19 pm

Sid wrote:Personally I'd have had Mark and Frankie in the bottom two this week.

My prediction exactly, Sid! And I thought Frankie will be voted off with that dreadful Salsa she did against Mark! And I am saying this despite liking Frankie throughout this competition!!!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:29 pm

I think it was fair enough Simon was in the dance-off. His dance last night spent too long faffing about on the stairs and included an error on the final lift whereas I only spotted one discernible error in Mark's dance in his solitary spins at the end when he definitely looked off balance. Jake's dance was solid and one of the best of the night so it was fair enough he was saved.

Last edited by CaledonianCraig on Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:29 pm

cellar-door wrote:

My prediction exactly, Sid! And I thought Frankie will be voted off with that dreadful Salsa she did against Mark! And I am saying this despite liking Frankie throughout this competition!!!

It was one of those terrible generic party dances that could have been anything really! What do we have to do to get an authentic looking Salsa on the show? They've been few and far between.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show - Page 9 Empty Re: SCD 2014 Main and Result Show

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:32 pm

Spot on S id - For me personally it should have Mark and Frankie in the DO - Mark because he simply is the weakest dancer left but can make it look good and he lucked out on the music last night which made for a' feel good' routine. Frankie (by her standards) had a bad night and did a very forgettable under rehearsed routine - it says a lot for her vote share that she made it through. Up against Pixie in the DO then she would have been going home I feel sure.

I really think that L en had nowhere to go with his deliberations - he had already put himself in a corner in fact - he made it clear Saturday night that he didn't rate the routine and did all the 'telling off' then it backfired with Pixie landing in the DO - what else could he do? Whilst I was so pleased that Simon got through I thought that neither couple should have been in the DO and no way should Pixie have exited before Mark or Jake at least. I really thought that she would make the final no problem although I saw her as the Denise Van Outen/Nathalie Gumede type - never actually going to win. Can't think why her vote share dropped last night as it was a good track and although there were problems with the legs I thought it was a crowd pleaser to be honest?????? Question Mark Wright must have got a 'bounce back' from being in the DO last week - plus a really good piece of music ( it does matter when the standard is so close)

If I think back to the beginning of the contest I did think that there would not be room ultimately for both Pixie and Frankie in the contest - just as I thought that there would not be room for both Jennifer and Judy. It has been a long time coming and I wasn't sure which of them it would be.......... but now the answer is there.

From now on I am firmly behind Caroline and Simon to be in the Final.................Out of the other three, I don't really mind which one of them doesn't make it - I just don't want Simon to be sacrificed.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:32 pm

Sid wrote:

It was one of those terrible generic party dances that could have been anything really! What do we have to do to get an authentic looking Salsa on the show? They've been few and far between.

I dare say that Simon's Salsa, though the music was dreadful, was the closest to an authentic Salsa, if only he kept his steps more 'compact'.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:36 pm

Agreed. Kevin knew that they'd had a narrow escape. I suspect that they got votes because he'd been ill, which is fair enough.

I thought that Simon was convinced that he and Kristina would be out. He was more relaxed than I've seen him so far - he looked as if he was really enjoying himself, and as a consequence he danced much, much better. they raised it several levels and turned out a really cracking smooth. As a contrast Pixie was good, I wouldn't expect anything else of her, but I think that she was very nervous and it showed a few times. Not mistakes, but she sometimes looked a touch tentative.

Right decision on the night I think.
Tina Sparkle
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show - Page 9 Empty Re: SCD Main and Result Show

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:38 pm

Sid wrote:

Yes I agree - far from being the free form 'party' and 'club' dance as described on SCD - the salsa is complex and it's difficulty often under rated on SCD and masked by lifts and tricks. We rarely get any latin/cuban music either - which would greatly help. I don't dislike the New York Hustle style either but very rarely is it done properly.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:52 pm

Did anyone notice that the pro number in the quarter-final results show, there was a stand-in male pro? I believe Kevin was still quite ill so Karen was paired with, I presume, the choreographer of the routine! Neil was his name?

Last edited by cellar-door on Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show - Page 9 Empty Re: SCD Main and Result Show

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:57 pm

cellar-door wrote:Did anyone noticed that the pro number in the quarter-final results show, there was a stand-in male pro? I believe Kevin was still quite ill so Karen was paired with, I presume, the choreographer of the routine! Neil was his name?

Yes I thought he was a backing dancer but T ess said that he was world latin american champion! For the first time ever I wasn't that struck on the pro routine tonight.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:06 pm

I'm late with my comments as I was out last night, but I loved Caroline and Pasha and Jake's Charleston- I was pleasantly surprised as I thought he might struggle and I haven't seen any midweek training clips either. Go Jakey! I've been saying for a couple of weeks how Caroline is growing on me, so it was interesting to read other comments on here about 'neediness'. I did notice Pasha saying something to her at the end, I wondered if she'd missed something that was supposed to be in it. I never read any other celeb stuff, and missed ITT this week so I may have missed something there.
It was surprising how (relatively) poor both Pixie and Frankie were and how well Mark did. He reminded me a bit of Chris Hollins. That said I was still expecting him to be in the dance off.
And so to the shock- I honestly thought the judges would save Pixie over Simon, but respect to The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman for saying and upholding that it should be based on the dance on the night and not potential or past performances. In that respect he was totally right- pixie was worse than Simon on the night. I thought Pixie would get to the final by avoiding a dance off but I have also always questioned her fan base and ability to win on popularity.
I really wish Kate was back to explain the statistics around who must have scored higher/ lower in the public vote although clearly Mark netted a high percentage. Really interesting comments re split votes. I haven't had a favourite couple from the start as I have other years, although I have voted for Jake because I think he's been stitched up on a few occasions. I don't know who I want to win.

All very interesting stuff and although I'm no great mark fan, I am personally pleased that pixie has gone because it makes the final more interesting, whoever makes it. If she had won, I would,have been disappointed because she hasn't connected with me at all. I don't know who I do want to win but I know who I didn't! Wink
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:14 pm

Pixie as well comes with plenty of dance experience so am also glad she won't be winning. Nothing against her personally but just prefer to see true dance rookies win rather than ones with plenty of dance experience prioprior to entering the series.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:18 pm

Agreed, CC and probably the reason why I haven't connected with her. I like a good J-word as well as the next person. Her dances were all yeah they're good but meh...I didn't really care
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:25 pm

I did feel L.en made the right decision between the two dances on the night.Not judging on past dances or skill levels but the dance on the night! B.runo I thought echoed the I vote for Pixie because of her dance ability her better dance skills and ger past weeks dancing-wrong B.runo its that dance that time you vote.You may have to let your favourite go as their dance wasn't the better of the two. I was one of the oh dear Simon not a fan brigade in the early weeks however I started to warm and enjoy his dances after his DO appearence and have voted for him the last two weeks. I never got Pixie or warmed to the partnership and I held my breath for Simon to go through! I had expected a blanket Pixie pro vote. So a shock yes.
I feel it could be a shock DO next week too! Imagine Frankie or Caroline?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:29 pm

allsewnonbyhand wrote:Agreed, CC and probably the reason why I haven't connected with her. I like a good J-word as well as the next person. Her dances were all yeah they're good but meh...I didn't really care

I think when we know they have had prior dance experience it feels like a cheat. You feel more of a sterile feeling about them than ones who have genuinely started from scratch. I tend to value moments like Michael Vaughan's Quickstep to That 'Ole Black Magic when from nowhere he nailed a superb dance when prior to that the judges had ripped him apart. Those sorts of dances leave more of a lasting effect on me than a spot on dance from a celeb already well-versed in dancing prior to Strictly.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:59 pm

cellar-door wrote:Did anyone noticed that the pro number in the quarter-final results show, there was a stand-in male pro? I believe Kevin was still quite ill so Karen was paired with, I presume, the choreographer of the routine! Neil was his name?
mauveangel09 wrote:Yes I thought he was a backing dancer but T ess said that he was world latin american champion!     For the first time ever I wasn't that struck on the pro routine tonight.
I thought he looked a bit scary. Crying or Very sad
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  1superken Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:23 pm

I missed the results show tonight but have read all your after posts , i still think this is a conspiracy & you're all having me on , am i right in assuming L en pulled back simon from 2-0 down with his casting vote again ? If someone wrote that storyline yesterday id have said thats the least plausible ending you could possibly write . Tell me Pixie quit before the dance off or at least fell over got up & forgot the rest . Don't tell me she danced well because Simon cannot beat her , surely a profesional dance judge would know that after 11 week . I don't believe you all , they call me kenny not benny Shocked
1superken
1superken

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:35 pm

1superken wrote:I missed the results show tonight but have read all your after posts , i still think this is a conspiracy & you're all having me on , am i right in assuming L en pulled back simon from 2-0 down with his casting vote again ? If someone wrote that storyline yesterday id have said thats the least plausible ending you could possibly write . Tell me Pixie quit before the dance off or at least fell over got up & forgot the rest . Don't tell me she danced well because Simon cannot beat her , surely a profesional dance judge would know that after 11 week . I don't believe you all , they call me kenny not benny Shocked

L en is a ballroom dancer. It was always going to be iffy once he was left with the casting vote. Unfortunately, on the night, he was right to make a decision that it was obvious he didn't make lightly. Pixie put in a terrific dance but I think she suffered from a consistently high standard throughout and Simon's jittery start made his improvement stand out a bit more. Last week he put in another good ballroom waltz and I think that clinched it for him after tonight's excellent A.S.. Really hard choice for L en but I think he called it right.
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:10 am

I think the judges tried to lift her up the leaderboard by putting her first in the walkabout, but she was mid table and didn't get the public vote. L en made the right call based on that particular dance. A shame, and a shock, particularly to T ess who as Tango said, was talking to Simon as though he was a gonna before he'd even danced. A grim reminder that no-one is immune from the DO or safe from extinction. Once the dust settles, will the other celebs be eyeing up Simon as the Teflon Kid who took Pixie out?
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  1superken Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:22 am

I wanna trawl the threads to get a few facts so i can maybe understand L ens decision but i still think you are jesting . I have a rough idea of the stat i wanted . Ive lost count of the amount of times iv,e screamed at the screen but been to uninclined to explain how a knockout competition works & that previous form should have no bearing but i think 6 , 7, 8 ? top of the leaderboard & never out the top 3 against i think never top of the leaderboard & 3 dance offs would be impossible to ignore , someone who,s never watched the show would see one,s much better than the other . If Simons dance is twice as good as Pixie,s in the dance off its still not enough to save him . He isn't as good , he never will be as good as Pixie as the leaderboard clearly shows so a slightly better on the night won't do , not too popular with the public it seems as well has apparently been voted ahead of a much better much more consistent dancer who performed in their opinion a little below & was in the dance off for the first time obviously because her fans must be fed up voting for nothing , she,s top anyyway she'll be safe , besides as if they'd send the best dancer home now .

I think that,s everything ,i was goinna i-player and look for what L en saw , but whats the point now ive gone over the facts , they just prove what i thought , it,s not possible . Twice as good on the night wouldn,t sway it for me unless he was anywhere close to pixie & though one or two might say he was close thats nonsense , the leaderboard & what most people have been watching for 11 weeks shows he,s had a couple of weeks maybe 3 near top out of 11 weeks versus how many top & never out the top 3 inc sat . Im struggling am i missing something important or is it really that clear Question
1superken
1superken

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:52 am

CD - the male guest dancer in the Pro routine was Neil Jones @KQDANCENEIL
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content