Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show

+12
mauveangel09
saxonsiren
lualen
Poppetlovestango
CaledonianCraig
allsewnonbyhand
Wallflower
diamondsandpearls
TANGOLERO
fiftynotout
B4p
hatlady28
16 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show - Page 10 Empty Re: SCD 2014 Main & Result Show

Post  Sid Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:18 am

I did spot the stand-in but he didn't make much of an impression Neutral

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:20 am

Not sure if anybody has mentioned this but the issue last night was not helped by the fact that three people tied on the leaderboard.

All things being equal, the person in 1st place would have 6 points and the person in 6th place would have 1 point. Then when the audience vote, there are also 6 marks to allocate, ranging from 1 to 6. If the person who scores most with the judges also scores least with the public then they have 7 points. If the person who scores least with the judges also scores most with the public then they, too, will have 7 points.

But, after Saturday's show we had three people on 4 points and three people on 6, 5 and 3 points respectively. So, taking the above example, if the person who scores most with the judges also scores least with the public then they have 7 points. If the person who scores least with the judges also scores most with the public then they will have 9 points.

This means that the two people at the top of the leaderboard are actually quite vulnerable and not, as would usually be the case, sure of going through. Add to this the fact that there are only six people (so, increasingly, nowhere to hide), then the popularity of the dancer will have much more influence over their final position.

Maybe, when there is a tie, the judges should rank the tied dancers to avoid this problem. Or maybe we should keep things as they are so that these controversial results keep happening Twisted Evil
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:28 pm

You're absolutely right fifty. Maybe we need half marks or two sets of marks like sax suggested (one for technique, the other for musical interpretation) to help differentiate between the couples more. Or just get the judges to rank the ties if/when they occur.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:49 pm

Sid wrote:You're absolutely right fifty. . Or just get the judges to rank the ties if/when they occur.

Yep, this is something I have suggested many times in the past. The judges shouldn't allow tied scores and be made to rank them if it occurs.
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:45 pm

Ummm, never thought i would say this but Trent looked both hot and butch in the pro spots on the results show.....Yeah i know weird. In the bit that he and Kristina did in front of the band, he was whipping her around at speed. Kristina had a huge smile on her face. I think He knew that he had to do Babes in the Wood with Pixie so we haven't seen this side. Always impressive when a blond manages to do dark and strong.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:30 pm

Sid wrote:I did spot the stand-in but he didn't make much of an impression Neutral
I thought he did a mean Gary Numan impression - scary
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:36 pm

fiftynotout wrote:Not sure if anybody has mentioned this but the issue last night was not helped by the fact that three people tied on the leaderboard.
Maybe, when there is a tie, the judges should rank the tied dancers to avoid this problem.  Or maybe we should keep things as they are so that these controversial results keep happening Twisted Evil

This has happened several times. As soon as there are ties on the board all sorts of problems start cropping up and as you say the better dancers are suddenly in trouble. I agree that the judges should use a ranking system that reduces the chance of ties
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:41 pm

hatlady28 wrote:Ummm, never thought i would say this but Trent looked both hot and butch in the pro spots on the results show.....Yeah i know weird.  In the bit that he and Kristina did in front of the band, he was whipping her around at speed.  Kristina had a huge smile on her face.  I think He knew that he had to do Babes in the Wood with Pixie so we haven't seen this side.  Always impressive when a blond manages to do dark and strong.

Phew Hatlady! I've come over all unnecessary! Embarassed
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:15 am

He did look quite cheeky! True Hatlady blond men do seem to have to try harder to be dark and smouldering
Would Heathcliffe or how very dare I Mr Darcy have fared if they had been blond. scratch
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:55 am

saxonsiren wrote:He did look quite cheeky! True Hatlady blond men do seem to have to try harder to be dark and smouldering
Would Heathcliffe or how very dare I Mr Darcy have fared if they had been blond. scratch

Darcy being blond? Bingley?

No wait, Bingley is ginger?
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:36 pm

saxonsiren wrote:He did look quite cheeky! True Hatlady blond men do seem to have to try harder to be dark and smouldering

Most of the adaptations of P&P (T.V and film) have the heroes dark and dashing, but in the book Darcy was passably handsome but not as much so as Bingley. Personally, I saw David Rintoul from an older version as more Darcy than Colin Firth. B.B.C's 1995 version was a brilliant production but went all Hollywood on the looks department. Nobody will ever beat David Bamber as Mr Collins though. Nothing to do with anything, I like Kierra Knightley but she was never Elizabeth Bennet. Too "shrieky"......Anyway.....back on track..... Cool
TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:20 pm

David Bamber brilliant portrayal of Mr Collins. I thought Kiera would have been better cast as Lydia! For me Jennifer Ehle totally captured Elizabeth Bennet and Julua Sawalha as Lydia brilliant. Bingley aka Caspian Bonham Carter a strawberry blonde! Ginger! Never!

saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:22 pm

Okay here are my first thoughts on tonight's semi-final show:-

First up was Jake dancing the Cha Cha and well it just didn't do it for me for a number of reasons such as too much non-action at the start, I never saw it as a recognisable Cha Cha and I spotted errors. Not his best for me and gets a 7 from me. Next up came Frankie dancing the Rumba and this was a far more polished performance if a little strange but I thought it was very good and worth a 9 for me (not worth a ten though Br.uno). Up next was Mark dancing the Viennese Waltz and he was helped by decent music to dance to and put in a solid enough performance (8 from me). Next was Simon dancing the Samba (a dance that suits him) and surprisingly he struggled a bit. An error on the handspring and there were errors there - a bit too messy and I'd mark that a 7. We then had Caroline dance the Foxtrot and for me it wasn't her best but it was solid enough if rough around the edges - 8 from me.

The second set of dances saw Jake have a crucial Viennese Waltz after a disappointing first dance and I was worried as ballroom isn't really his thing. The choice of music helped and Jake did a better job than I expected. Pretty good - an 8 from me. Frankie's Argentine Tango was just superb - dance of the night for me - 9 easily and maybe even a 10. Mark's Rumba I felt beforehand this wouldn't be the dance for him and must say music helped and he did better than I expected - cleverly choreographed as most of the tough moves were danced by Karen but an 8 for me. Well done to Mark for supporting Karen I am warming to him. Simon was also under pressure to put in a top dance and his Foxtrot was excellent - great dance and gets a 9 from me (not quite a 10 though which he got two of). Caroline's second dance was the Salsa and you always felt this would suit her and that is how it turned out. Superb dance helped again with decent music choice - one of the best dances of the night - 9 from me and again close to a 10 (it brought the first ten from C.raig and the others should note what that means by Pas.ha's reaction).

Now I am sorry but in my opinion Jake may have come to the end of the road. He was just below everyone else tonight for me as for who else ends up in the dance-off it is a tough one but would maybe just opt for Mark. Unless Jake can up his performance levels in that dance off he will be falling at the final hurdle.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:29 pm

I just knew the full set would come out for Caroline.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:32 pm

I have to work tonight and only caught the second half of the show. Jake's VW put me to sleep.

Based on second dances alone, I have given my three votes to Frankie, Simon and Mark. Caroline will be saved if she's in the dance-off, and Jake just doesn't have the techniques and tonight it was very jarring.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:49 pm

Jake and Janette's first dance had the snakey hips back bravo!bit too much gurning for my liking.Shoulders a bit hunched at tunes
I gave it 8
His second dance he sold it well to me smoochy and ekegant a goid frame at times. I was torn between Mark's and Jake's
I gave it 9 (push come to shove id have Mark's)

Frankie and Kevin
It lacked something? Felt heavy and wooden moat definately not a 10 B.runo
I gave it 8

Second dance AT ooh great music and Kevin so moody yummy! Sharp at times but some of the transitions not quite right
I gave it a 9.5

Mark and Karen
A lovely feel to the routine,light and fluffy like a meringue
I gave it 9

Second dance
Oh wow bare foot breaking the mould! Well done. If new and exciting then all the judges should mark accordingly not in old school rules L.en! I loved Kevin and Mark for defending Karens brave choreography
I loved his expression his soft tone
I gave it 9.5

Simon and Kristinia
Shame fell off balance in the opening tumble.HATED hated the lousy music choice! It felt as if the DJ had played the wrong record and they just had to dance to it Sad
I gave it 7

Second dance
Loved the waistcoat touch. He looked nervous at times not a wow dance but a nice dance
I gave it 8.5

Caroline and Pasha
A girl of two halves hates ballroom it shows loves latin you can tell
A bit of a stumble mid way and some slight gapping issues. Looked great out of hold but unwasy in hold scratch
I gave it 8

Second dance i knew just wirhin seconds be the first perfect score

Fast and furious still for me not a 10 yet thought in one section she looked a bit of a rag doll being thrown by pasha
I gave it 9.5

Have to say WOW re Alijaz in black ooh lovely.

I voted for Mark then Jake then Frankie. I disliked the ok now Caroline's our favourite from some of the judges
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:15 pm

Christmas Special:

Just watch Chris Hollins doing his supposed famous Charleston. I mean there were so many excellent Charlestons in this season's Strictly, just shows Chris up doesn't it?

Why people could give him standing ovation then or even now baffles me!

Yeah, there goes my Christmas spirit! Twisted Evil

Poor Joanne, always lumped with no-hopers. But why was Brendan not dancing with Sophie?! After all, Lisa danced with her original pro dancer Robin?
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:49 pm

Omg i never was a Russell or a Lisa R fan Evil or Very Mad not my favourite at all! I feared for Russell after the dance rushing to the swing again!! Though omg cardiac waiting to happen. Lisa could turn up with a bin bag over her head and our C.raig and all still drool and give her 8 & above. Why not have the two finalists from the last three series for the Christmas Special? Loved Natalie's appearence
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:34 pm

*yawn*, Louis won again. *yawn*
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:09 pm

I liked Louis' dance with Aliona and quite happy he won.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show - Page 10 Empty Re: SCD Main and Result Show 2014

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:55 pm

Hi all

Hope you are enjoying Christmas - really enjoyed the show tonight - for all his shortcomings, B rucie is good when the the couples are standing getting the judges critique - T ess please take note! ( I just feel stressed when she does this bit in the normal show:affraid: )

Anyway..............thoroughly enjoyed it, just the right 'afters' following Christmas Dinner and loved the panto theme.................... enjoyed seeing all the dances, the best standard were Louis, Rachel and S ophie (I thought Russell's dancing skills had actually improved!) Rachel seemed just the same as six years ago - very good indeed. didn't have a problem with Louis winning - he has improved so much since the early days of the series i which he featured. I would have preferred if S ophie had won and preferred if she had danced with B rendan but I wonder whether there is a clause in the pros contracts that puts those who get knocked out before a certain week in the contest in the frame for the Christmas Special and of course B rendan was still in the contest until the latter stages so maybe missed out on being cast for the Xmas Show..................

Apart from Lisa Riley - I thought it was all a treat and loved the dance at the end...............................I wish everyone a very Happy Christmas and New Year - enjoy the rest of the holiday!.................by the way Sax - I got the Hairy Bikers Diet Cookbook in my Christmas stocking, based on your recommendation.............looks good...............!!!!!!!!!!!!! Roll on the next SCD my dear friends.......................... santa santa santa

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:58 am

While Louis was very good in that dance (he performed much better than when he was doing his stint with Flavia), but I preferred Sophie's AS. Didn't mind Rachel's VW, but I was distracted by Tristan's Peter Pan costume, too loose and breaks the beautiful lines that pros normally does when they have better fitted costumes...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:09 am

Hi again gang! Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas Smile

Can't argue too much with Louis winning because he's clearly good although personally I found his style of dancing slightly too aggressive and I could have done without the acrobatics!

Was so pleased to see Rachel and Sophie dance again. Sophie has a touch more sparkle about her, so I'd have voted for her. Didn't mind her dancing with Aljaz. In fact, I thought they made a gorgeous looking couple. B.rendan wouldn't have been able to partner Soph as he was still in the main competition with Sunetra at the time. So fair enough enough really.

Chris Hollins was really bad. To think he actually won - and with THAT dance!

Enjoy the rest of the holidays and see you all in 2015!

x
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:02 pm

Hi Sid! Ooh cold brrr glad took dog over Kinvwr Edge early morning as its niw raining! & then turning to snow Shocked weather forecast said up to 10" of snow on high ground which basically means 10 snowflakes and chos on the roads/trains/buses/planes.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10