Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show

+12
mauveangel09
saxonsiren
lualen
Poppetlovestango
CaledonianCraig
allsewnonbyhand
Wallflower
diamondsandpearls
TANGOLERO
fiftynotout
B4p
hatlady28
16 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show - Page 3 Empty Re: SCD 2014 Main & Result Show

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:34 pm

Aaah! I've never read the books but I saw the film and in my head it was spelt Golam....! Didn't put the two together...

Not sure that Trent is quite so... skeletal?
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

SCD 2014 Main & Result Show - Page 3 Empty Re: SCD Main and Result Show

Post  mauveangel09 Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:56 pm

cellar-door wrote:

Trent and Pixie are both like, ahem, H*tl*r's children - they looked alright separately, but when put together, does seem strange, slightly eerie even.

As for ThomDoll, they realised the blond haired Ken Doll was too scary for girls in general, so they took a G.I. Joe model with better 'physique' and gave it black hair. Thus, ThomDoll is a successful evolution of design. Shame about the software they used. Firmware update on salsa night was a step in the right direction, but will we get a reboot of the old Operating System in ThomDoll when he does ballroom again?

"I can't wait for next week's sexy Salsa," so says ThomDoll in his mechnical, inimitable way...

As per usual I am in hysterics CD - I am literally laughing out loud - I want to frame your post.

I still think that if you stuck a couple of pair of wings on them, Pixie and Trent wouldn't be out of place in a production of 'Midsummer Night's Dream'

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:19 am

They would also play the two main characters from Flowers In The Attic-perfect Dresden descendants
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:46 pm

Movie Week (Week 3) is very MIXED for me. Quite chaotic, and I am not liking the theme week in general. Not looking forward to Halloween Week, at all.

But my 10-word or less review and scores:

1. Alison & Alijaz (Jive) - Flat-footed with timing issues, but spirited performance. 5.5

2. Steve & O.la (QS) - Messy banana hands, but quite cute. 6.5

3. Jennifer & Tristan (Foxtrot) - No singing along please, better top line, more relaxed performance. 4.5

4. Simon & K.ristina (Rumba) - No hip action and no flow. 5.5

5. Judy & A.nton (QS) - Still stiff, but better flow, shame about the lift. 4

6. Tim & Natalie (Charleston) - Timing issue throughout, stoopy and disjointed. 3.5

7. Caroline & Pasha (Rumba) - Nice, fluid lines but needs more hip action. 7

8. Scott & Joanne (Samba) - Poor Scott, such a difficult dance and silly theme. 3

9. Frankie & Kevin (Paso Doble) - Theatrial and elegant execution, very classy but powerful as well. 8.5

10. Jake & Janette (Waltz) - Moody, good rise and fall, but odd left shoulder. 7

11. Pixie & Trent 9 QS) - Flow-y, good characterisation and surprisingly enjoyable performance. 8

12. Thom & Iveta (Charleston) - Animated performance, hunch-shoulders channeling Gene Kelly, good attempt! 7

13 . Sunetta & B.rendan (AS) - Elegant hands, lost top line towards the end but classy. 7.5

14 . Mark & Karen (Paso Doble) - Cheesy theme but strangely entertaining. 6.5

I am quite happy to say I wrote down my critique and scored each dance before the judges spoke and scored theirs. Not liking Donny in the mix, his scores were bizarre to say the least!
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:41 pm

Loved the opening dance routine tonight - I don't really see the point of guest judges - unless one of the other judges is missing. When the show started I thought that Donny's comments were balanced and interesting but then he started throwing the high scores around!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Then the '10'!!!! affraid Does he realize that he just potentially ruined the whole rhythm of SCD? Does he not realize that in order to keep GBP interested, things have to build over the weeks and that '10' is to be worked up to and doesn't appear until mid-way in the contest when the first one is eagerly anticipated. Did they not have a word with him beforehand????

My other half showed me the SCD facebook page and there were lots of comments about Donny's scoring - producers take note!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:05 am

mauveangel09 wrote:
Loved the opening dance routine tonight - I don't really see the point of guest judges - unless one of the other judges is missing.  When the show started I thought that Donny's comments were balanced and interesting but then he started throwing the high scores around!!!!   Evil or Very Mad

Then the '10'!!!! affraid    Does he realize that he just potentially ruined the whole rhythm of SCD?    Does he not realize that in order to keep GBP interested, things have to build over the weeks and that '10' is to be worked up to and doesn't appear until mid-way in the contest when the first one is eagerly anticipated.   Did they not have a word with him beforehand????

My other half showed me the SCD facebook page and there were lots of comments about Donny's scoring -  producers take note!

DWTS hands out 10s like sweeties, so Donny thought a wow dance such as Frankie's Paso Doble (surprised they kept quite a lot of Paso content in that latin-jazz inspired song) is worth a 10. Just goes to show. I recalled there was the other guest judge who was the past DWTS winner, the baby girl from Dirty Dancing? Can't remember how she scored, but she was on the high side too. But that was when The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman wasn't around I think... Donny is like the spare tire.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:19 am

Yes CD - the other guest judge was the woman who had been in 'Dirty Dancing' Jennifer Grey - she was a 'disahster' darling! There might have been other guest judges? (D arcey was one)
The only thing I would say in Donny's defence (and because I have a soft spot for him) is that he had seemed to have watched VTs of the first two weeks dances and had done his preparation in that respect, which was more than what Jennifer Grey had done when she was on the show.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:54 am

I also thought Shocked then Sleep re Donny's weird marking! He judged from his experience from being a contestant and gave points to cheer people up,to annoy the other judges and to mess up the voting! Im sure his marks may have saved Scott from the DO
And who's idea was it to dress Simon like a "runner from the show??? Amost a omg ill celebrity mmm you yes you over there! Come here and stand about as Kristina parades around you-no need to change its movies week you can pretend to be an extra No No

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:54 am

These are my scores from last night

Alison and Alijaz 5

Steve and O.la 6.5

Jennifer and Tristian 4.5

Simon and Krisrinia 6.5

Judy and A.nton 4

Tim and Natalie 5

Caroline and Pasha 8.5

Scott and Joanne 3.5

Frankie and Karen 8.5

Jake & Janette 8

Pixie and Trent 7.5

Thom and Iveta 7.5

Sunetra and Brendan 7

Mark and Karen 6
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:07 pm

Not surprised Jenny was there. Little surprised Simon was there. Both did not visibly improve in their dance off. Jenny continued to mime (her way of relaxing? her last hurrah so she didn't care to correct herself and not mime through the dance?). Simon tried to do the hip action, but sadly it was sorely missing. But they saved the right one, but of course.

Not sure how people here thought of Tristan? Do you think he's a good pro? Was he hampered by the producers who forced him to choreograph foxtrot to that diabolical song?
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  allsewnonbyhand Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:51 pm

I don't have a view if Tristan, mainly because I don't feel I know him at all. He has suffered the curse of a newbie without a popular /talented celeb. ( that must be down to the producers ) I'm sure Judy is only safe because of An.ton -she alone can't be winning votes- as someone put it very well( sorry I can't remember who), she seems detached and uninterested. Equally unless Scott is amassing an army of Radio1 voters, I think Joanne, whilst a newbie, is piggy-backing on the popularity of her brother somewhat. Kevin was the last newbie I took to straight away because he comes across as a very likeable character, Tristan- on the other hand,grey, although I'm sure he's perfectly nice too.
allsewnonbyhand
allsewnonbyhand

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:57 pm

For those who may be interested in knowing the scores and leaderboard position SANS Donny's contribution, below are the breakdown:

1. Frankie & Kevin's Paso Doble: 8,9,9,9 = 35

2. Pixie & Trent's Quickstep: 7,9,9,9 = 34

3. Caroline & Pasha's Rumba: 8,8,8,9 = 33

4. Jake & Janette's Waltz: 8,8,8,8 = 32

=. Sunetra & B.rendan's American Smooth: 7,8,9,8 = 32

6. Thom & Iveta's Charleston: 7,8,8,8 = 31

7. Steve & O.la's Quickstep: 6,7,7,8 = 28

8. Mark & Karen's Paso Doble: 6,6,7,7 = 26

9. Simon & Kristina's Rumba: 4,6,6,7 = 23

10. Alison & Alijaz's Jive: 4,5,6,6 = 21

11. Jennifer & Tristan's Foxtrot: 3,5,5,5 = 18

=. Judy & A.nton's Quickstep: 3,5,5,5 = 18

=. Scott & Joanne's Samba: 2,5,5,6 = 18

14. Tim & Natalie's Charleston: 2,5,5,5 = 17
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  diamondsandpearls Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:21 am

I played this game too! I thought it changed Steve and Simon around but I'd forgotten how liw Simon's score actually was. So it actually swaps Steve abd Mark around in the rankings, which I think is about right. Very interesting though.
diamondsandpearls
diamondsandpearls

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:39 pm

Week 4 and we are having more realistic scoring going. Donny, please never EVER come back to judge the SCD!

Ten words or less review of each dance (I scored before the judges revealed theirs):

1. Frankie & Kevin's Cha-cha-cha - Chirpy, energetic performance, with attempts at hip movements. 8

2. Mark & Karen's Quickstep - Good body contact, but shoulders bobbing up and down. 7

3. Judy & A.nton's Tango - Silly throw at the beginning, but definitely improved body contact. 6

4. Simon & K.ristina's Charleston - Good swivel actions and entertaining performance. 8

5. Alison & Alijaz' Samba - Balls of feet not 'grounded', but nice attempt. 6.5

6. Scott & Joanne's American Smooth - Oh dear, what was that, poor Scott?! 4

7. Steve & O.la's Salsa - Silly knee slide, lifts look disjoint from actual dance. 6

8. Pixie & Trent's Rumba - Bizarre chemistry, why was she crying? 7

9. Tim & Natalie's Paso Doble - Terrible cape action, lacks attack, a little stompy. 5

10. Sunetra & Brendan's Salsa - Strange lifts, silly song, lack hip actions, but okay performance. 6.5

11. ThomDoll & Iveta's Foxtrot - Bent knees sometimes, good hold and excellent top line. 7

12. Jake & Janette's Jive - Energetic but slightly frenzy, slight slip around the raised stage? 7.5

13. Caroline & Pasha's Quickstep - Charming, which is cuter, Pasha or the bear? 7.5
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:12 pm

Frankie & Kevin lovely routine will make final 9

Mark & Karen A charmer indeed point feet more -a new slow dark horse 7

Judy & Housewives choice bring her next week for the boys! Improvef a bit 5.5

Simon & Kristinia didn't charm or draw me in this dance .7.5

Alison & Alijaz Bubbliness shines through she was Allicious 7

Scott & Joanne Feet wide apart Hands! Better thou than a crab 4

Steve and O'la made me smile,bouncy wow what strength re lifts The Love God that is Leonard The Lion Goodman right very watchable 7.5

Pixie & Trent didn't have the connection pixie overplay re sultry lpoks 8

Natalie and Tim -memories of a JS stomp! Floppy cape 4

Sunetra & Brendan not her best dance-poor Brendan victim of modern trousers 6.5

Thom & Iveta I actually liked him! Rise and fall another slow darkhorse what a gent to C.laudia 8

Jake & Janette no wig phew-very fast high kneesa little slip oops 8

Caroline and Pasha Liked it didn't love it. 7.5

C.laudia 10
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:05 pm

Can't say I was that surprised that Mark and Karen was there at the dance-off. Often with so many couples to watch, the second and third slots during the main show are high risk positions to be in, because producers often either put mediocre ones there or at best middle-of-the-road routines there, which were oftentimes instantly forgettable after they were performed.

He made a lot of mistakes during the dance-off, that poor Mark. But I hope this dance-off would be like a baptism of fire, and now that he's been the the 'worst' position imaginable for Strictly and survived the 'ordeal', he'll come back finally stronger and less anxious.

Tim has wondering hands doesn't he? But at least Natalie was totally professional with him, and his parting speech was eloquent. Their last dance was joyous to watch too, and glad they did that dance till right to the end instead of some others who just stop dancing and quickly commiserate with hugs from the other couples.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:01 pm

I agree CD - Tim and Nath made a great exit.

What did people think about Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett? thought she sounded like Barbara Streisand - very odd coupling.
Great to hear - 'It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing' - I wanted to put this forward in our 'Musical Director' thread as a possible QS track by the great Duke Ellington, but I couldn't find a good enough recording on you tube.

Nice pro dancing tonight by Trent and Nathalie.

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 pm

mauveangel09 wrote:
What did people think about Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett?  thought she sounded like Barbara Streisand - very odd coupling
Thought GaGa looked  like a cross between Liza Minelli and Amy Winehouse.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:27 pm

If you were to ask me purely on the dances on Saturday night I would say Scott was worst on the night so was lucky to avoid the dance-off. Tim being in dance-off was fair enough but once pitted against Mark he was a goner. Shocked Mark was there at all - but there again I keep forgetting the voting is nothing to do with dance ability.

Surely it will be Scott or Judy to exit next.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  fiftynotout Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:25 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:

Surely it will be Scott or Judy to exit next.

Gotta be Judy, surely she's got nowhere left to hide?

Scott seems to have some very powerful support; I bet he ends up going to Blackpool (don't even know if they're going this year!).
fiftynotout
fiftynotout

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:27 pm

Here are my ten-word or less review of week 5 dances (I scored them before the judges revealed theirs):

1. Jake & Janette's Quickstep - Good body contact, but a little skippy. 7

2. Sunetra & Brendan's Viennese Waltz - Classy and dynamic movements around the floor. 7.5

3. Scott & Joanne's Charleston - Heavy footed, but his best dance so far. 4

4. Thom & Iveta's Cha-Cha-Cha - A bit flat-footed, legs not straightened for cha-cha walks. 6.5

5. Frankie & Kevin's Foxtrot - Cute choreography, but no heel turns. 7.5

6. Alison & Alijaz' Tango - Out of hold too long, no tension. 6

7. Mark & Karen's Samba - Wow, double bounce and Samba rolls! 7.5

8. Simon & Kristina's Viennese Waltz - Good top-line but little too jerky for VW. 6.5

9. Judy & A.nton's Charleston - Her best dance by far. 5.5

10. Caroline & Pasha's Paso Doble - Hated the music, but excellent lines and shapes. 7.5

11. Steve and O.la's Waltz - Pivots galore (not done very well), but good footwork. 6.5

12. Pixie & Trent's Samba - Brilliant double bounce, but legs not grounded enough. 8

For the first time, I have voted. Sunetra is in the graveyard shift (second to dance), and I think she's in danger of bottom two/dance off. Mark showed a marked improvement, didn't know he could do a decent Samba! Voted for both Sunetra (two votes) and Mark (one vote).

Last edited by cellar-door on Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:36 am; edited 2 times in total
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:32 pm

I always love your one sentence reviews CD excellent!

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:51 pm

Nice to read from Metro that Strictly Week 5 was watched by about 9.5 million viewers. X-Factor fell behind by nearly 2 million.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/26/strictly-come-dancing-waltzes-ahead-of-the-x-factor-by-2-million-viewers-4921971/

Just goes to show we don't need silly theme weeks or guest judges to pump up the ratings. In fact when Donny was the guest judge, the Sunday ratings FELL, not increased.

Just to add: I am NOT looking forward to tonight's results show L.en's Lens, where they will show random children prancing around in front of a TV and expecting L.en to comment just how good they are. So condescending...
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:40 pm

Results Live Comment:
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

http://onthebusesforum.org/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  CaledonianCraig Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:45 pm