Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Couples 2013

+17
allsewnonbyhand
David Tee
TANGOLERO
IAmFullOfWonder
jingle
Littlebear
Poppetlovestango
1superken
salsarae
mauveangel09
Tina Sparkle
Sid
gingercodgers
fiftynotout
CaledonianCraig
B4p
saxonsiren
21 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

New Couples 2013 - Page 7 Empty Re: New Couples 2013

Post  Sid Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:21 pm

Call me a conspiracy theorist (after this weekend can you blame me?!) but I also wonder whether they'd quite like the ones doing the tour to make the final. This might explain why they've started bigging Abbey up so much and also why they've been picker with Sophie (she and B.rendan aren't able to do the tour). Just putting it out there!

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:26 pm

Love a bit of conspiracy theory. Hadn't thought of that but (stroking chin in a thoughtful manner) velly intor lesting. Talking of which, where's the emot with the shifty eyes gone?????  affraid
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:42 pm

Copied across from the Beeb site

Ashley and O la are going to Salsa to Gloria Estefan’s party tune ‘Conga’.

Patrick and Anya will Rumba to ‘When I Was Your Man’ by Br uno Mars.

Abbey and Aljaz are going to perform a Viennese Waltz to the Tom Jones classic ‘Delilha’.

Sophie and Brendan will Tango to Madonna’s ‘Material Girl’.

Susanna and Kevin will perform the Argentine Tango to Michael Jackson’s ‘Smooth Criminal’.

Natalie and Artem are going to perform the Paso Doble to ‘El Gato Montes’ by  Ramon Cortez Paso doble Orchestra.

And don’t forget this week our couples will also get the opportunity to earn up to six extra points as they take part in the annual Strictly Swing-a-thon.  

All our competitors will be asked to Jive and Lindy Hop at the same time, and our Judges will eliminate the worst couple in each pass, until a winner is found, expect plenty of acrobatic action, with a splash of chaos thrown in.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:55 pm

Better music this week! I do like B.runo Mars & Deliha a classic of course.Good choice for the paso thou not sure re Material Girl for the tango.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:03 pm

saxonsiren wrote: not sure re Material Girl for the tango.
Might work if they can get the tempo and arrangement spiky enough
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:43 pm

Absolutely terrible Tango music, especially Material Girl. If Brendan himself was responsible for that, I'll kill him! I remember Darren & Letitia using it a few years ago and it didn't have any impact at all. So disappointed. I don't want Sophie to go out....and certainly not to THAT!

Natalie & Artem have the best music this week. I expect them to steal the show with their Paso.

Gosh, so worried for Sophie now.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:42 pm

For me, Sophie's Charleston is the dance of the series. She has retained a different quality from any other contestant that has ever appeared. I would like to see her in the final. So Sid, I'm with you, I don't want her to go out.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:51 pm

Just checked youtube and watched Ali Bastian & Brian Fortuna dancing to Natalie & Artem's music choice
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sofajudge Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:41 pm

Sid wrote:Absolutely terrible Tango music, especially Material Girl. If Brendan himself was responsible for that, I'll kill him! I remember Darren & Letitia using it a few years ago and it didn't have any impact at all. So disappointed. I don't want Sophie to go out....and certainly not to THAT!

Natalie & Artem have the best music this week. I expect them to steal the show with their Paso.

Gosh, so worried for Sophie now.
Hello Sid! I made it eventually...

Agree with all the above and I believe Brendan did choose the music. Not feeling hopeful at all.
Sofajudge
Sofajudge

Back to top Go down

Post  TANGOLERO Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:01 am

If only they had treated the Tango like the paso. El Gato Montez is actual bullfight music played at corridas. Highly atmospheric and Artem and Natalie will lap that up. Red dress and flamenco dance is forecast from me, although it should be red shirt and black frock. Potential dance of the night.

I am not a Madonna fan in any way shape or form and Matrial Girl is rather surprising from Brendan who normally has a love of more standard type music. That one's worrying .

No idea who Silver tongued Italian Stallion from Mars even is. Did he do the Clangers theme tune or Purple People Eaters?

Gloria Estefan’s party tune ‘Conga’. Yes, like anything by Gloria.

Abby seems to be getting all the good stuff, another in-hold sway around with Aljaz steering her around the planks with a good old singalong song for the audience. Not only clapping, but join-in warbling too now. Four tens again? Lots of posing, gnasher exhibiting and bendy-Barbie stuff plus some false-tear make up..just in case. Neutral 

Not happy about the Swingathon either, which gives the judges free rein to arrange the assasinations in order. Six points for Abby anyone? Bet she gets the white socks out again. Wink 

TANGOLERO
TANGOLERO

Location : Flirting between fantasy and and reality. Lost in Austen and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:45 pm

Yay Hatlady :)We'll have to vote like crazy this weekend!

Hellooooo Sofes - What was Brendan thinking? He's seen how well traditional music goes down with the audience. Such a shame as he's been so good with music choices and choreography for most of this series. Dreading this dance.

Mr T - I'm also predicting 6 points for Abbey in the Swingathon or maybe 5 if they give the win to Natalie. But I definitely think it's all been pre-decided.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:39 pm

Sid wrote:Yay Hatlady :)We'll have to vote like crazy this weekend!

Hellooooo Sofes - What was Brendan thinking? He's seen how well traditional music goes down with the audience. Such a shame as he's been so good with music choices and choreography for most of this series. Dreading this dance.

Mr T - I'm also predicting 6 points for Abbey in the Swingathon or maybe 5 if they give the win to Natalie. But I definitely think it's all been pre-decided.
Actually in the series when Chelsee and Pasha was dancing, I predicted them doing better than Harry and Aliona in the swingathon. But it turned out the other way.

I seems that whoever finished first in the swingathon in the past ended up lifting the trophy! So we'll see if this happens again for SCDXI.
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:49 pm

TANGOLERO wrote:  it should be red shirt and black frock.  

Not happy about the Swingathon either, which gives the judges free rein to arrange the assasinations in order. Six points for Abby anyone? Bet she gets the white socks out again. Wink
Well they got the black frock right, but I reckon Artem should give the wardrobe department a discount as he'll no doubt end up topless yet again. Rolling Eyes 

The couples on ITT don't seem to be talking of the swingathons effect on the point system. They all seem to just give the vibe that it's just a hoot and a warm up to learning 2 dances.  As you say, beware the silent assassin. If I see any white socks, I'll volunteer to load the rifle.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:57 pm

What about pink or yellow socks? I think the couples are underestimating the swingathon & the points system.The judges prowl & then that silent your history tap on shoulder.Im trying to work out if Tom Chambers or Ramps or Jill won their swingathons?
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:04 pm

Maybe they'll have a judge dressed as Spock who gives the doomed couple 'The Vulcan Death Grip'

Wardrobe said the couples will be colour coded but in the same styles, so I guess the socks will match the dresses. Let's hope Abby isn't in her heels or she'll do some damage on the dance floor. The swing-a-thon will probably be a chest free zone to aid grip I guess.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:15 pm

I like the idea of a Vulcan death grip for the couples! Or maybe the ribbon sash pulled from the waist to indicate your out!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:16 pm

saxonsiren wrote:What about pink or yellow socks? I think the couples are underestimating the swingathon & the points system.The judges prowl & then that silent your history tap on shoulder.Im trying to work out if Tom Chambers or Ramps or Jill won their swingathons?
I think they are just trying to play it cool. Cool 
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:20 pm

They could be CD toying with the couples! Stalking around smiling nodding then Pounce with the hand! Least better than a trap door or a tazer!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  cellar-door Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:22 pm

saxonsiren wrote:They could be CD toying with the couples! Stalking around smiling nodding then Pounce with the hand! Least better than a trap door or a tazer!
Agree about tapping being better (more humane?), but trap door or tazer seems more entertaining though. *valiantly supressing sadistic tendency threatening to come to fore*
cellar-door
cellar-door

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:25 pm

I was lurking in the forbidden sadistic zone but they could have a cloud of glitter when the trap door opens & a neonbright sequinned tazer used!! Or failing that we could reuse the cannon Russell used!
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  hatlady28 Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:56 pm

Thought that Natalie and Artem were enjoying themselves and each other in the swingathon...encouraging one another to go all out.
hatlady28
hatlady28

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:47 pm

Semi Final Dance & Music choices

Patrick and Anya
the Paso Doble to ‘Because the Night’ by The Patti Smith Group followed by:
a Waltz to the Righteous Brothers ‘Unchained Melody’.

Abbey and Aljaz
the American Smooth to Neil Diamond’s ‘Sweet Caroline’ and :
the Samba to George Michael’s ‘Faith’.

Sophie and Brendan
the Paso Doble to ‘Montagues and Capulets’ by Prokofiev and:
the American Smooth to Lisa Stansfield’s  ‘They Can’t Take That Away From Me’.

Susanna and Kevin
the Foxtrot to Frankie Valli’s ‘Can’t Take My Eyes Off You’ and:
the Salsa to ‘Move Your Feet’ by Junior Senior.

Natalie and Artem
the Argentine Tango to ‘Montserrat’ by Bajofondo and:
the Salsa to Michael Jackson’s ‘Wanna Be Startin’ Something’.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:02 pm

More Micheal Jackson! Did they buy a bulk playing license for MJ's music? I do love Unchained Melody thou
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:29 pm

I like the Patti Smith track but wouldn't have considered it Paso music

Like The Righteous Brothers but not sure for a Waltz.

Like Neil Diamond.

Love that George Michael track but is it a Samba rhythm? I still think that Paul Simon's 'Late in the Evening' would make a cracking Samba tune.

Not sure about "Move Your Feet"

Michael Jackson might work for a Salsa.

Favourites are:
Prokofiev (loved it long before Sr-Alan used it)
Frankie Valli (another all time fave)
Bajofondo. (I've enjoyed Artem's previous A Tango choices)

Don't mind Lisa Stansfield but can take it or leave it

I think the Professionals get used to dancing to 'cross rhythms' but it must be very off putting for the celebs who need to feel the essence of the dance and try to nail the timing of it via iffy music. Patrick was frustrated last week not being able to get the Rhumba rhythm to a rhythmless piece of music
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:10 pm

Considering some of the music we (and the couples) have had to endure this series, that's not a bad list at all. Each couple's got one crowd-pleaser I think, so it's fair.

Unsurprisingly I'm most excited to see what Sophie & Brendan do with their Paso music. Was hard to tell from tonight's training clip how it was going. I hate the waiting!

Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next