Strictly BBC Exiles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Couples 2013

+17
allsewnonbyhand
David Tee
TANGOLERO
IAmFullOfWonder
jingle
Littlebear
Poppetlovestango
1superken
salsarae
mauveangel09
Tina Sparkle
Sid
gingercodgers
fiftynotout
CaledonianCraig
B4p
saxonsiren
21 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

New Couples 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: New Couples 2013

Post  B4p Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:21 pm

saxonsiren wrote: Wish we had a training clip thread!Sax
Why not ask ad min? I've just asked for a Celebs 2013 slot on the main menu so that each couple can have their own section.

I snookered myself yesterday by getting rid of all my old passwords then had to scramble to re-enter. Ad min were bril and sorted me out in no time. Thanks oh great and wonderful Oz
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  1superken Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:36 am

I bet Robin & Deborah do well , she won.t be there to Waltz off early . As for the Coronation St Girl , she may have some experience but she won,t come in for the same kind of grief as Denise , nobody will come in for the same kind of grief as Denise Shocked 
1superken
1superken

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina Sparkle Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:44 pm

I think Denise is very marmite and I suspect that the people who like her are not the in the majority amongst Strictly fans. I don't think that the Corrie Girl will provoke the same kind of reaction - after all there have been Stage Schooled people before and there#s been a few mumblings at most.
Tina Sparkle
Tina Sparkle

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:39 am

Copied from twitter. Running order for the first two shows this weekend

DANCING ON FRIDAY

Ashley & O la – Cha Cha

Natalie & Artem – Cha Cha

Mark & Iveta – Tango

Sophie & Brendan – Waltz

Susanna & Kevin – Jive

Tony & Aliona – Waltz

DANCING ON SATURDAY

Abbey & Aljaz – Waltz

Ben & Kristina – Cha Cha

Dave & Karen – Cha Cha

Deborah & Robin – Tango

Fiona & An ton – Tango

Julien & Janette – Cha Cha

Patrick & Anya – Jive

Rachel & Pasha – Waltz

Vanessa & James – Cha Cha
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:04 pm

Thanks B4 Smile

I have to say, from their video footage, I'd never have guessed Deborah & Robin were doing a Tango! For some reason, I'd assumed they were Waltzing. I probably wasn't paying enough attention, too distracted by Robin's top (or lack of one).
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:35 pm

I am a little distracted! & I bet Deborah is too. The Dragon's Den doesn't usually have a lot of barely ther shirts/tops & pecs! Oh no now had this visual of Tony J in a revealing shirt!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

New Couples 2013 - Page 2 Empty New Couples 2013

Post  Poppetlovestango Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:34 pm

Thanks b4p have added the music to your list

DANCING ON FRIDAY

Ashley & O la – Cha Cha     --      What makes you beautiful by One Direction
Natalie & Artem – Cha Cha  --      Rasputin  by Boney M
Mark & Iveta – Tango         --      Hernando’s Hideaway  by Alma Cogan
Sophie & Brendan – Waltz   --      Moon River by Audrey Hepburn
Susanna & Kevin – Jive      --      Shake your tail feather by Blues Brothers
Tony & Aliona – Waltz        --      What’ll I do by Alison Krauss

DANCING ON SATURDAY

Abbey & Aljaz – Waltz        --      Kissing you by Des’ree
Ben & Kristina – Cha Cha    --      Love me again by John Newman
Dave & Karen – Cha Cha     --      Moves like Jagger by Marron 5
Deborah & Robin – Tango   --       Money Money Money by Abba
Fiona & An ton – Tango     --       View to a kill By Duran Duran
Julien & Janette – Cha Cha  --     Vogue by Madonna
Patrick & Anya – Jive         --      Runaway Baby by Silver tongued Italian Stallion mars
Rachel & Pasha – Waltz      --      When I need you by Luther Vandross
Vanessa & James – Cha Cha   --   That don’t impress me much by Shania Twain

Last edited by Poppetlovestango on Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Poppetlovestango
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:55 pm

From BBC Website

Today we can reveal the music and dances each couple are performing on Week One.

Abbey and Aljaz will be Waltzing to ‘Kissing You’ by Des'ree.

Ashley and O la perform the Cha Cha to global hit ‘What Makes You Beautiful’ by One Direction.

Ben and Kristina will Cha Cha to John Newman’s Northern Soul influenced track, ‘Love Me Again’.

Dave and Karen are also dancing Cha Cha. Their song is the hit single ‘Moves Like Jagger’ by Maroon 5.

Deborah and Robin are going to Tango to Abba’s ‘Money Money Money’.

Fiona and An ton will Tango to Duran Duran’s James Bond theme ‘View To A Kill’.

Julien and Janette are performing Cha Cha to Madonna’s dance hit ‘Vogue’.

Mark and Iveta will dance to Tango classic ‘Hernando's Hideaway’ by Alma Cogan.

Natalie and Artem Cha Cha to disco hit ‘Rasputin’ by Boney M.

Patrick and Anya will Jive to Bru no Mars’ ‘Runaway Baby’.

Rachel and Pasha Waltz to Luther Vandross’ version of ‘When I Need You’.

Susannah and Kevin are performing the Jive to ‘Shake Your Tail Feather’ by The Blues Brothers.

Sophie and Brendan are Waltzing to ‘Moon River’ by Audrey Hepburn.

Tony and Aliona Waltz to ‘What'll I Do’ by Alison Krauss.

Vanessa and James will Cha Cha to Shania Twain’s hit single ‘That Don't Impress Me Much’.

Last edited by B4p on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:57 pm

Sorry poppet. Repeated your previous post without looking first. What a dummy I am Mad 
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:50 pm

mm.....mixed bag there for me. At least there are some classics in there. Surprised that 'Moon River' is on the agenda again. Flavia and Louis danced to it last year - usually they 'rest' tracks for awhile before giving them another airing - not that I am complaining, I love 'Moon River' it is one of my all time favourite tracks - a dream to dance to!Very Happy 

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:04 pm

Meh not so keen on tbe song choices! Id have liked to have heard more traditional songs.
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  mauveangel09 Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:20 pm

Yes.........I'm with you there sax:(

Last edited by mauveangel09 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong thread title!)

mauveangel09

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:13 pm

A bit ironic that Tony's song is 'waddle I do"
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:00 pm

Well as I have to try to stay awake until 9pm and that is going to be a big ask today (it's been a bit of a day!) I have decided to get on my laptop and commit myself (at risk of looking very stupid later in the series) to some predictions about the couples! Here we go:

Ashley & put a vest on you strumpet: he'll be talented and have promise, but she will incorporate a lot sexy posing for both of them, which will be maddening.

Abbey & Alijaz: she might be a bit grating, but will have some talent and he will be quite a task master so they should end up with some good dancers, whether she wins the popularity contest or not.

Sophie and Brendan: She will be elegant and have potential, but will lack core strength. She may also lack oomph in the latin. If they make it half way she will have a big breakthrough where she suddenly finds some energy and strength. It will probably be a jive, quickstep or charleston that does this.

Susannah and Kevin: they will have no trouble on the popularity front. She will be talented and have potential but his choreography may verge on whacky at times and her timetable may make life hard. She will need to conserve some energy if she wants to avoid doing a ssssssssssssssssssscccccccccccccccccoooootttttt.

Deborah & Robin: will be popular and not disasterous, and will make it about half way.

Vanessa and James: will be utterly pants, and annoying, but will still somehow manage to overstay their welcome and make it to about week 4.

Dave and Karen: will be quite a cute couple, and will not be the worst, but will be pretty dire nonetheless.

Tony & Aliona: will undoubtedly be the worst couple. Thank heavens he has Waltz tonight so it might not be too cringeworthy.

Mark & Iveta: will be surpisingly (except it's not actually surprising) good and rather popular and will only get annoying when they knock a contender out.

Ben and Kristina: will be ropey at first but will end up doing very well but her manic competitive edge might hold them back in the votes when it comes to the bitter end.

Rachel and Pasha: she will not be a natural dancer. He will extract some beautiful ballrooms out of her but her latin will be slightly embarassing. She'll go about as far as Alex Jones, due more to her prettiness/nice personality and his teaching skills than to her natural ability.

Natalie and Artem: will be dazzlingly brilliant, will have an emotional weak moment, and will be destined for at least 2nd place unless they don't handle the "dirty ringer" situation well, or succumb to injury.

Fiona and Artem: she'll be good. They'll do some beautiful ballroom if they stay for long enough, but his latin and her lack of celebrity will see them go home earlier than she might otherwise do.

Julien and Janette: will be quite talented, but a little bit annoying.

Patrick and Anya: will be good a dancer, will overegg the emotional interviews and will be in danger of doing a Ssssscccccooootttttt.

So there you go. You saw it here first.
Littlebear
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  jingle Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:53 pm

Wow! Great predictions Littlebear (and love your new tango shoes). My thoughts are very similar at this stage, although I kinda want Julien to be this years' surprise and win people over. 

Since watching the interview with Susannah and Kevin on breakfast TV, I've now also joined the Kevin fanclub - loved his imitations of L.en and B.runo.

Anyway, nearly time, getting excited now. Great to see so many exiles returning to the forum, and newcomers too:D 

Finally, as proof that housework suffers during Strictly-season,  I've just managed to pour tomato feed into my washing machine, instead of fabric conditioner:oops:
jingle
jingle

Back to top Go down

Post  IAmFullOfWonder Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:26 pm

Dave and Karen are my favourites, as both of them tweeted me a few days ago Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
IAmFullOfWonder
IAmFullOfWonder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:07 pm

IAmFullOfWonder wrote:Dave and Karen are my favourites, as both of them tweeted me a few days ago Very Happy:D:D:D:D
It's so nice when the celebs tweet you back! I've noticed Karen makes a real effort.

I'm with you Wonder. I love these two. In fact, I don't care how dire they are I've already decided to vote for them this week!

Lilbear - can't disagree with any of that. Will be fascinating to see how things unfold Smile

Jingle - I want Julien to win me over not least because I've taken to Janette instantly. She seems kinda kooky, different. And I like her whole look.
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlebear Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:12 pm

Sid wrote:Jingle - I want Julien to win me over not least because I've taken to Janette instantly. She seems kinda kooky, different. And I like her whole look.
Yes she does seem fun.

It was more Julien than Janette that I was thinking of when I mentioned annoying tendencies! Hopefully they will keep them in check.
Littlebear
Littlebear

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:57 pm

I have had to rewatch Hairy Biker Dave dancing again! I still smiled and loved his sheer enthusiasim! He threw himself into it & yes it looked like dad lets go on the dance floor! however he entertained me! I don't think he is another Widdy or JS as Dave will try hard & make teeney progress!! So he gets my vote for a few more dances yet!
Ben! Ben! please say you haven't had tips from Gavin Henson! Thou I never knew he had 50% hearing loss so bravo! Maybe some earphones may help with keeping to the beat? Its very hard in a studio with audience shouting for him?
Loved Abbey & Deborah & Patrick! Was it all fimed Friday night? & Sophie looked quite sulky at the back!

Sax
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:18 pm

Just posted on the main Beeb site

Today we can reveal the music and dances each couple are performing on Week Two.

Ashley and O la will be performing the American Smooth to 'Beyond the Sea' by Robbie Williams.

Abbey and Alijaz will Cha Cha to 'Let's Get Loud' by Jennifer Lopez.

Patrick and Anya will be performing the Tango to the Michael Jackson classic 'Beat It'.

Rachel and Pasha will Salsa to Daft punk's World-wide hit  'Get Lucky'.

Dave and Karen will be perform the American Smooth to 'How Do You Like Yor Eggs in the Morning?' by Dean Martin and Helen O'Connell.

Fiona and An ton will Cha Cha to 'Beggin' by Madcon.

Venessa and James will be Waltzing to the beautiful 'Run To You' by Whitney Houston.

Julien and Janette are performing the Tango to Lady Ga-Ga's 'Applause'.

Deborah and Robin will Cha Cha to Aretha Franklin's anthemic 'Respect'.

Sophie and Brendan will be dance the Charleston to 'Rock It To Me' by Caravan Palace.

Mark and Iveta will Salsa to 'Bom Bom' by Sam and the Womp.

Tony and Aliona will perform the Charleston to 'It Don't Mean A Thing (If Ain't Got That Swing)' bu Chantz.

Susanna and Kevin are performing the Tango to Br uno Mars' 'Locked Out Of Heaven'.

Ben and Kristina are waltzing to 'What The World Needs Now' by Dionne Warwick.
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  saxonsiren Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:55 pm

Ooh did ITT advise Thriller song? Ok Beat It works thou Im sure we've had it before?
Like Silver tongued Italian Stallion Mars! Run to you mm not my favourite! & How do you like your eggs in the morning! Smile better not respond with usual not fertilised oops sorry
saxonsiren
saxonsiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppetlovestango Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:25 pm

B4p Thank you for posting dances and music
You are ahead of me this week.

Some music I like and some I haven't heard of, looking forward to Saturday.Smile
Poppetlovestango
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Post  B4p Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:08 pm

Been listening to the music choices via youtube. Some I'm more familiar with than others

Let's get loud  (Jennifer Lopez) - sounds very upbeat, Latin, and Cha-cha. I love it

Sophie & Brendan's Charleston choice also sounds great. Very 1920's

Not sure how the band will manage to sing "Bom Bom" Mark & Iveta's salsa music. Looks and sounds fun and 'street' but not typically latin or beat-tastic. Bit worried by that one.

"Beat it" is a very fast choice for a novice Tango-er. I don't envy Patrick that one

"How do you like your eggs?"  Muted.  Hate that song. Chris Evan's fault I'm afraid.

Love the song "Beggin". Prefer Frankie Valli but hey-ho. Could go either way with that song. Hope it won't be too pedestrian. Wonder if An ton's trying to slow Fiona down. He's looking a bit hot under his collar and tie!

Br uno Mars song excellent choice by sexspecs KevinfromGrimsby
B4p
B4p

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:15 pm

Noticing a lot of repeats. Especially the Cha Cha music. We've had Beggin' and Respect before.

Looking forward to Sophie & Brendan's Charleston, REALLY like the music they've chosen (or been given) for that Smile
Sid
Sid

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppetlovestango Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:30 pm

B4p Any chance that your twitter links have the music that Natalie and Artem are dancing to
we know they are waltzing but they are not on list. BBC bloggers have asked but 15 minutes
ago still no response.
Relying on you for inside info:)
Poppetlovestango
Poppetlovestango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next